PDA

View Full Version : OT: MTEL

Miss Moosey
05-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Oy!!

I'm trying to register for the MTELs, which are the tests you have to take to get your teaching license in Massachusetts. I don't think anything has stressed me out this much in years! I have to take three tests and each test is four hours long; not to mention I have to take the communication and literacy test on my birthday. Compared to this the SATs were nothing!

This may be a long shot, but has anybody else here ever taken the MTEL? Any tips?

Thanks for listening to my kvetching. I think I'll sit and knit for a while to decompress. :violin:

Rebecca

auburnchick
05-08-2007, 10:53 AM
I haven't taken these tests, but as an adult college student (after 15 years away), I understand the pressure.

Try to just take it one test at a time. I'm sure that there are online websites you can to go to take sample exams to prepare.

It will be okay. :hug:

CarmenIbanez
05-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Best of luck to you! The teacher credentialing process here in CA is so messed up, I can't even begin to tell you. Hang in there, and I hope you do well. Teaching is awesome!

Kaydee
05-08-2007, 11:43 AM
I've never taken them, but I've had friends who have. They said they were tough (I've heard they are harder compared to other states :shrug: ) but they passed alright. I'm sure as long as you're prepared you'll do great. Don't stress out too much. Good luck!