PDA

View Full Version : I R Back!

mulene
05-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Hello all

I've missed you terribly and have briefly managed to look at the site here and there. I've been unable to knit for THREE WHOLE MONTHS! First, I had been moving some stuff around and my back went into muscle spasm. I expected it to clear up fast with RICE therapy and it seemed to be getting better. So I went back to work and found that everyone had gone on vacation leaving me to pack up the office for our move.

I started to pack and pulled more muscles in my back, and ended up wearing a corset type thing to keep it all in place. RICE was ordered again but I couldn't since we had to move and no one else was around to do the work. I managed to get a little help and packed the entire office up, co-ordinated the move and got us to our new office. Then I had some time off for recovery.

My back has recovered, my new office is nice and I'm quite happy here. We DO have to move again in July but I'm not gonna think about that for a while ;)

Anyway my first project on the needles after my absence is my sock swap pal's socks. VERY almost done and I'm so happy to be knitting again without pain.

Next up are socks for my boss which I promised I would make him after I signed up for the sock swap. So as you can guess I'm very behind in my projects! After the boss gets his socks I'm gonna make Rainy Day socks for myself from MagKnits. I already have the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino ready - its in a lovely petrol blue colour.

I'm so glad to be back to knitting I've missed it and KH terribly. I stayed away from here mostly because I knew it would make me feel jealous and grumpy that I couldn't knit.

Thank you for the well wishes I received they were much appreciated.

:heart:

Chel
05-08-2007, 10:47 AM
welcome back!!!! :hug:

CarmenIbanez
05-08-2007, 11:27 AM
:cheering: :hug:

Jan in CA
05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm shocked that everyone left you to do all the work! :grrr: Anyway, glad you're feeling better and welcome back!

losnana
05-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Can yu arrange for a vacation or "sick week" when the office moves again? You shouldn't have to do it twice.

mks22300
05-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Welcome back! :hug:

mulene
05-08-2007, 07:20 PM
I was exceptionally peeved at the office move being dumped on me - the big work is done, we moved to temporary offices and I put into storage 133 archive boxes of paperwork and "stuff" The next move will be so easy that gaining my dignity back by being off that week won't help.

The plus side to being the only person doing the moving: I got to choose the very best desk in the place, best placement, most natural light and the best view of London from the window.

Next time.. well let's just say I have had an opportunity land in my lap that may mean I'm not there for the next move. If I am there for the next move, I imagine that I will be rewarded for it in many more ways than they ever expected to ;)

Debbie
05-08-2007, 08:34 PM
I've MISSED you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!