PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Knitters?

eodmama
05-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Anyone out there in Delaware?

Mandy

Abuela
09-01-2007, 10:56 AM
"Slower-lower" Sussex County here! I just joined today, though I haven't even learned yet to cast on. Where are you?

mrslevite
09-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm in Dover. Does anywhere know of a knitting or spinning group close to Dover? I really don't want to drive long distances, especially at night.

eodmama
09-14-2007, 10:47 AM
I'm in Dover too. There is one group that meets but they advertise as machine knitters. Are you from the base?
Mandy

mrslevite
09-15-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm in Dover too. There is one group that meets but they advertise as machine knitters. Are you from the base?
Mandy
No, not from the base. Just a citizen. :)

I have been trying to think of a place for a knitting group to meet in Delaware and then maybe starting a "meet-up" group on http://meetup.com

But I have no idea where would be a good place to meet. Any ideas?

eodmama
09-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Maybe the library? I would be interested. I have checked meetup but never actually tried to start one up.
If you want to email me, its weidaeclipse@hotmail.com

Mandy

mrslevite
09-24-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi! I'm sorry I haven't posted back here sooner. I was planning to look for a place for knitters to meet last week, but then life happened and my didn't. :roll:

Anyway. I'll try again this week.

I looked on the library website and, if I read correctly, to use a conference room, you have to pay a fee. I don't know if there is a lounge type seating area in the library or not. It's been a while since I've been inside and don't remember a place like that. Let me know if you find place. :)

mrslevite
11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Just wanted let all the Delaware knitters know about the Sit 'n Knit planned for this Saturday (Nov. 10) in Smyrna. Here's the information I got from lindalu on Ravelry:

The first meeting of the 'Smyrna Sit 'n Knit' (name by Jackie, owner of the Gathering Place) will be on Saturday, Nov. 10 from 1 pm - 3 pm.

I'm so excited!

Hope the date/time suits your schedule.

There are 2 or 3 people I may contact about joining us, and Jackie is going to put a sign in the store window.

The address for The Gathering Place is 34 South Main St in Smyrna, the phone number for the store is 659-5123, and there generally is plenty of parking on the street.

I'm planning to bring danish (baked locally and delicious). Do you have any other suggestions or ideas?

Linda