PDA

View Full Version : FO: Baby blanket (a little disappointed)

AnnaT
05-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Here's a baby blanket I completed this week. The idea was from this website: http://www.numei.com/knittingpatterns_bbblanket.htm., the Bright Baby Blanket. I replaced the pink section with white (they had only pastel pink), and used a basketweave pattern instead of stockinette.

I think that it looks like a FLAG!! :!!!: Plus, my newly-learned crochet edging is kind of wavy. :(

Abbily
05-08-2007, 12:06 PM
I think it's beautiful! I love the colors and the basketweave stitch. Great job!

CarmenIbanez
05-08-2007, 12:26 PM
I quite like it!

callmesusan
05-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I think you are being waaaay to critical here. Put it away for a week or two. It will look quite different to you then I think. It's adorable.

Jan in CA
05-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Well, anything with stripes can look a little flag like, but I think it looks great! I don't really know of any flags with those colors. ;)

ritaw
05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
I think it looks great!

The basketweave gives the blanket character. Job well done. :muah: :hug:

Rita

bobi1218
05-08-2007, 01:46 PM
I think it looks great! Nothing flaggy about it :) If you had used 3 colors, it might have looked a bit flag-like, but with 4, it looks really good. Great job!!

wewantmore
05-08-2007, 02:41 PM
:heart: Wow that is a really pretty blanket.

Michelle

ecb
05-08-2007, 02:48 PM
I think it looks great! Nothing flaggy about it :) If you had used 3 colors, it might have looked a bit flag-like, but with 4, it looks really good. Great job!!

I agree 100%
it could look a bit like a flag if you had done it differently
but its LOVELY as it is
and the texture really makes it look nice

ecb

KnittingNat
05-08-2007, 03:22 PM
It's so summery and springy!!! not flaggy at all...

Dangles
05-08-2007, 05:19 PM
I agree with KnittingNat. It is a pretty blanket. Good work.

lestrella
05-08-2007, 08:24 PM
I think is gorgeous!

wildforyarn
05-08-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree you are being to critical! :D Which, I know we all can be of our own work. I think it is very lovely and I would imagine whoever is receiving it will be very happy!!

newamy
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
I think it looks cute.
Looks like the cat is happy with it. So that means it must be great!

AnnaT
05-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Everyone, thank you for the nice comments! I was surprised! I am giving it to the recipient tonight. :)

Looks like the cat is happy with it.

Oh, yes, he thinks it's a present for him. :teehee: He already has a knitted blanket, so now he thinks all knitted items are for him alone.

zip
05-09-2007, 04:28 PM
Very nice! Your work is so neat, and the panels are lined up beautifully. I'm betting the recipient loved it.

KathyinCali
05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I think it's beautiful and the colors will catch the baby's eyes :)

AprilT
05-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Actually, I think it looks like a really summery, beachy kind of baby blanket! The colors are lovely together and the pattern is one of my absolute favorites.

lucky_alf2
05-10-2007, 11:26 PM
I really like it too!! Nice summery colors -- great job!! :cheering:

syndactylus
05-12-2007, 04:01 AM
I think it looks like neapolitan ice cream.
with blueberry.
pretty.

kblue
05-12-2007, 07:32 AM
It looks great :heart: I've seen other baby blankets with large stripes and i really never think of a flag. I really love the colors though :heart: They're not your typical baby pastel colors. Don't beat yourself up about it :hug: you did and awesome job. Really it look Fabulous :muah:

AnnaT
05-13-2007, 12:51 AM
Thanks, everyone. I'm not so disappointed anymore! I gave it to the baby's mother on Thursday and she liked it a lot.

I really love the colors though :heart: They're not your typical baby pastel colors.

I wanted something different, because every single thing this baby has is blue!

redwitch
05-14-2007, 01:46 AM
I think April's right it is kind of summery and beachy! Flags do have vertical stripes in similar colours quite often but why should that mean a blanket with similar vertical stripes is a bad thing? And if you can crochet you're one up on me...
Also it's for a baby, they will enjoy the colours, no way in hell is the baby going to like it less for having flaggy stripes. 'Goo goo ga... hmmm why is the edge a teeny bit wavy - ba ba gurgle...' I don't think so! If the sprog has any thoughts they will be along the lines of 'oh look pretty pretty!'. I bet all the bub's friends will be wanting to chew the blanket in preference to their pastel ones! Also anything for a baby is going to be covered in vomit, waste, or spit half the time. And if the mum liked it too you're sweet!
Actually I think a lot of baby things are hideously coloured. You have chosen something extremely bright and appealing without the yucky clashing 'baby ate some crayons and then threw up' colourway.

Sarah