View Full Version : Bra type thing

05-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Hello everyone.

I just bought a new dress that is kind of low cut, so I need some type of tank top thing to cut across the top underneath. Every tank top at stores is too high in the back, so I thought I'd knit something up. I need it to be straight in the front and probably scoop down a little in the back. Does anyone know of something that fits this description, or maybe some suggestions to start knitting something.

Susan P.
05-09-2007, 08:26 AM
A strapless bra wouldn't work??

If not, why not buy one of those sets of 'invisible' breast shields that are skin coloured and just adhere? (can't think what they are called).

Anything knitted beyond a simple strip to go around would probably show but would this do what you want? Literally a band that you sew hooks and eyes on to? My concern would be the knitted item slipping unless it was fastened quite tightly. A strapless bra would be more secure I think.

05-09-2007, 09:42 AM
But I need it to look like a tank top so when I bend over I'm not flashing everyone. :pout:

05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Follow this link you might find what you are looking for!