PDA

View Full Version : A knitter's dream-a week off from work!

Mulderknitter
05-08-2007, 06:55 PM
So, I always take my birthday week off from work ( I work for a great company, we get tons of time off :heart: ) So next week is my week off. And since this birthday is my 30th, I decided to splurge a bit on my hobby. Knitpicks was my destination. I will never be the same again :woot: 10 balls of their shine worsted in whispering lilac to start make the Tempting Sweater I've been eyeing in the KAL section and didn't have the yarn for. A set of Options. :cheering: 2 hanks of fingering sock yarn. The book Scarf style because I fell in love with the pics they show from the book. Over $100 :roflhard: But... to all you fellow Stashies, the yarn is for a project and the options are to use for that project... I got so sick of not having the right size needle! I only wish they had a 16 inch cable.
On a side note, I couldn't get my order to go through online, so I called their customer service, sooooooo awesome, soooo nice, soooo quick. :cheering: Seriously in love with their service.
now.... to wait by the post.... I will be home the day the postman comes.... he's an old guy and kinda small... hope I dont hurt him... :inlove:

Chel
05-08-2007, 07:00 PM
It was kind of you to save some yarn for the rest of us!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Congrats on your week off! Enjoy it!!!!!!!!

KnitClickChick
05-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Is that how one is supposed to celebrate the 30th birthday? Awesome yarn and needles? I will be 30 in December - I also take the week of my birthday off from work, and that sounds like a great b-day present for myself!! Enjoy your week off, and Happy Birthday!!

snowbear
05-08-2007, 07:14 PM
OK.. do we need to warn the p.o. in case he is slow that day? or ( heaven forbid) they don't get it to you the day supposed to be delivered.. ( don't go "postal" on us)

congrats on the bday- enjoy.... :happydance:

auburnchick
05-08-2007, 07:22 PM
I will be home the day the postman comes.... he's an old guy and kinda small... hope I dont hurt him... :inlove:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Liliyarn
05-09-2007, 02:03 AM
Hey....I'm off all next week too! Not my b day or anything I just want some time for me. I have an all day spa trip planned and the rest is knit time. I won't be buying any new yarn as I have plenty to keep me busy, but I'll be celebrating with you in knitty style!

Happy early b day!! Enjoy.

Knitting_Guy
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Enjoy your time off, and Happy Natal Anniversary when it comes around.

I'm home off the road all this week but so far have been so busy with other things that I haven't had time to pick up the needles. After being gone on the road for 2 months there's a lot of stuff needing to be done.

PaperGirl
05-09-2007, 12:00 PM
Can I celebrate my 30 +1 the same way? :roflhard:

Mulderknitter
05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks guys! :hug: I will post pics of anything I do on my fun week off, and to the rest of you with birthdays or time off, ENJOY IT! :heart:

brokenblossoms
05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
You know what's even more awesome than getting a week off from work?

Getting to knit during the dull moments (which, moments translate into HOURS after lunchtime) at work AND get paid!