PDA

View Full Version : What to do with shiny thin thread?

Aquaria
05-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone :), I've been digging through my mom's old sewing kit and found a roll of shiny thin thread which my mom then offered for me to keep :cheering:

I like the look of it, and I was wondering how I'm going to use it in knitting :thinking: Any ideas?

brokenblossoms
05-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Maybe knit it along with some black yarn to add a little bit of shimmer to it? A fancy lace wrist cuff (ala Perdita) perhaps? ;)

Aquaria
05-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Maybe knit it along with some black yarn to add a little bit of shimmer to it? A fancy lace wrist cuff (ala Perdita) perhaps? ;)

Yeah, I was thinking about that :??

But would I just knit all the way through with it or should I weave it in afterward?

TeenKnitter
05-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Knit a bracelet! All you need are some size 0000 DPN's, and you just knit back and forth on two of them. You can also add beads, stringing them on before you start knitting, and pushing one up the thread between each stitch. I have made two bracelets this way, the original pattern is from www.earthfaire.com, but you have to pay for the pattern. I know it sounds nuts but it's not too hard, and it makes a very pretty piece of jewelry!

:D

five_six
05-09-2007, 08:57 PM
TeenKnitter - exactly what I was gonna suggest.

Aquaria
05-10-2007, 03:22 AM
Ahh bracelets!:) Brilliant! :cheering: I've never thought of that.
Thanks guys! I knew you people are always helpful :wink: