PDA

View Full Version : Help with working pattern while decreasing for armhole

quiltbugj
05-10-2007, 08:13 AM
I'm making DROPS pattern 74-02. There is a lace pattern at the bodice that I am at the point of working. At the same time, the pattern has me decreasing every right side row to shape the armholes. The pattern is charted. My quesiton is do I just follow the chart fromm right to left even though I'm decreasing for the armholes? Will the pattern line up correctly each row if I'm following the chart but there are less stitches due to the decreasing? I'm hoping this makes sense.
Here's a linnk to the pattern

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=74&d_id=2&lang=us

suzeeq
05-10-2007, 09:17 AM
If the pattern is continued to the edge, you're probably going to have to do one less stitch on each end. Are you there yet, or just reading ahead? By the time you get to that point, you should be able to see which stitch goes on top of another and find your place in the pattern. Or you could make another copy of the chart and starting with the decrease rows, mark where the decreases are so you could see them on the chart. There are decreasing tips too, looks like some of the edge sts are in garter, so that would make it easier.

sue

quiltbugj
05-10-2007, 12:29 PM
thank you!