View Full Version : FO - Baby Hats, Booties, and Washcloths (Resized Photos)

05-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi y'all! I've been busy making baby hats (http://www.p2designs.com/images/patterns/ShadowStripesSet.html), booties (pattern is at the same url as the hat), and washcloths (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/animals.html). You can find the footprint pattern here (http://www.knittingknonsense.com/babyfeet.html).

You'll notice that my blocking needs some work, so forgive the uneven edges.

I've got a bunch of pictures...

This set was made for a gal at work.

The hat and booties are made from Bernat, baby pink marl. It wasn't the best to work with, but it was pretty.

Here is the footprints washcloth. I used Patons Grace, blush. It was a little to thin, but it still came out okay.

I made a paw print because that's the mascot for the school I work at. I made it out of Patons Grace, sky. This yarn is just a little too flimsy for washcloths, but I didn't realize this until after I finished it.

Here's the second set of stuff I made. This was for my daughter's teacher.

The hat and socks were made out of Lion Brand Microspun, lavender. Boy, was it soft and stretchy! Much better than the Bernat!

This is a dolphin washcloth. It's the school mascot. It's made out of Peaches and Creme, baby green. It was a little stiffer but had a nice texture and more durable.

Here's the second paw print washcloth. I made this one out of Peaches and Creme, light blue. It turned out much better than the Patons.

05-10-2007, 08:36 AM
So cute! Looks like a mini Odessa hat!

05-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Wonderful designs on those washcloths - such a lovely gift!

05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
What lucky moms to be!! These are so CUTE!! TFS

05-10-2007, 09:45 AM
I really like the footprints washcloth, its so cute but so the little hats and booties.

05-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Everything is so fabulous! You are so generous!

Jan in CA
05-10-2007, 01:09 PM
Nathalie, everything looks gorgeous! I love the dolphin cloth with the "waves" at the bottom, too.

05-10-2007, 01:19 PM
What Jan said!

I stroke the microspun every time I see it - must find a pattern.

05-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Everything is soo pretty!! :muah:

05-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Those are all awesome! :cheering: I've been hoping you'd post pictures, ever since we discovered we were making the same baby hats and socks, I just love that pattern! There is a lady in my church who is expecting, and I'll be making that for her too. I love the microspun for baby stuff! :cheering: And I just just love that footprint washcloth, it's so cute.

05-10-2007, 02:06 PM
Thank you for all of the kind words!

:muah: :muah:

05-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Great job! You must have been very busy!!! :cheering:

05-10-2007, 05:19 PM
As always, your work is awesome! I love the purple booties :)

05-10-2007, 05:39 PM
As always, your work is awesome! I love the purple booties :)

Oh, Kathy...you're much too kind. :oops:

I still consider myself a newbie. There's so much more to learn!!!

05-13-2007, 02:15 AM
I stroke the microspun every time I see it - must find a pattern.
There is a very nice pattern on the Lion website that I want to make with that yarn: