PDA

View Full Version : OT-Men and Shoes

jdee
05-12-2007, 03:48 PM
My husband loves shoes, and has lots of them. He seems to think that its not normal for a man to like to buy shoes. I told him that I'm sure there are lots of men out there with lots of shoes, but I don't think he believes me.

Tell me, so I can pass the word on to him, aren't there lots of other men out there just like him?

Jan in CA
05-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Well, I don't personally know any, but I'm sure they are out there. My DH has two casual pair, one dress pair, flip flops and athletic shoes.

threesmom
05-12-2007, 04:20 PM
:waving: My husband likes shoes - he seems to have ... many - or maybe that's just because they are big workshoes and are always in the foyer? I don't think he has as many as me, but he's certainly in no postion to complain about how many I have :teehee: . We bought shoes together on our honeymoon ... Is that weird? I think that might be weird ....

jdee
05-12-2007, 04:24 PM
:roflhard: No, that's not wierd. DH and I go shoe shopping together a lot. If we'd found a good shoe sale while on our honeymoon, I'm possitive we'd have checked it out.

brendajos
05-12-2007, 04:26 PM
all my guy friends and the sometimes b/f are shoe 'hos. and have you ever watched clean sweep? seems like all those guys have as many shoes, or more than their wives do! ...lol

syndactylus
05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
add mine to the list.

I am fairly certain he has more shoes than I do. but that's another excuse for me to buy more yarn.

LadyB
05-12-2007, 05:16 PM
My DH is another with LOTS of shoes. I think he has more than I do -- and I have A Lot. He's also VERY picky, and so it's an Event when he shops.

letah75
05-12-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm not married, but when I was in college I shared an apartment with three different guys...uh...all friends. :teehee:

One of them put shelves four rows of shelves, on three walls of his room. Each shelf was about 6 feet long, so that is 72 feet of space. The shelves were for the sole purpose (pardon the pun) of storing his shoes. I think he had about 40 pairs probably more.

One of the other guys had a shoe shelf in his closet, and all of the others laid out neatly on the floor of his closet, he had about as many.

The third roomie had I think 3 pairs, tennies, flipflops and dress shoes.

Well, one night I came home from a late class, walked into the living room which was a very large room and found to my amazement the entire room was covered in shoes. Men's shoes, of all types and colors. Apparently, my two (to quote Brendajos) shoe hoe roomies had been drinking and decided to see who had the most shoes. Rather than counting, they decided to split up the living room one side for one, the other side for the other, and they laid out ALL of their shoes. Now this was about 4 or 5 years ago, but I think in all there were about 90 pairs of mens size 13 and 14 shoes in the living room (they were both tall basketball players).....needless to say, there are plenty of men out there of all ages with a love of shoes. All of their shoes were basketball shoes, neither of them had one pair of dress shoes or flipflops....let me tell you, it was quite a sight and one I'm not soon to forget. Especially seeing I have probably 6 pairs of shoes, two that I wear regularly.

BostonBecca
05-12-2007, 06:09 PM
My BF loves shoes. He has a lot of pairs. He collects Puma Sneakers like the world is ending tomorrow.

My brother collects Puma sneakers like that as well.

I don't think it's unusual for men to like shoes a lot, it just gets ignored, while any woman who likes shoes is held up as an example of how *crazy* women are about shoes.

Double standard IMHO.

msoebel
05-12-2007, 06:53 PM
My dh has a proliferation of two clothing items: Shoes and t-shirts. And polo shirts. And button down oxfords...come to think of it...my dh has a large wardrobe!

He worked as a manager at a shoe store for a year in college...which developed this sudden love of footwear. The man has two pairs of brown dress shoes, a three pairs of black dress shoes, a pair of black dress boots, 8 pairs of flip flips (3 pairs of which are brown leather). He has no less than FIVE pairs of tennis shoes from American Eagle...same style, different colors. A pair of sorrel boots. A pair of retro black sneakers.

And right now he's very proud because he just cleaned out half of his shoes! :?eyebrow:

He wears a 13W...so his shoes take up more space than my shoes do...even though I have 3 times as many. :oops:

Misty

Knitting_Guy
05-12-2007, 07:20 PM
My last girlfriend used to complain that I had more shoes/boots than she did, which was true.

What's even more funny though is that I wear sandals or flip flops most of the time. :shrug:

jdee
05-12-2007, 08:48 PM
All this input is great! :hug: I'm going to let my husband read this thread when he gets home from work.

cheesiesmom
05-13-2007, 01:05 PM
This post is totally foreign to me. I don't think I ever met a man who understood the female shoe thing. All the men I know are 1 pair of wingtips, a pair of sneakers, and a pair of sandals. It must be nice to not be constantly harassed cuz you hadda buy another pair of shoes to match an outfit (or maybe just cuz they was there). Sigh.

Coolazity1
05-13-2007, 09:30 PM
I have a band director that has tons of shoes. On our band trip to Orlando, he spent one of the days that we were in Disney World shopping and bought 10 pairs. The band booster president made a joke about it that normally a band trip has to have a musical component (like a contest) and an educational component, but under Mr. Hannah, it also has to have good shoe shopping as well.

Stiney
05-14-2007, 11:49 AM
My friend came to visit from San Francisco a couple of weeks ago.

He bought $500 shoes.

He DEFINITELY has more shoes than I do. :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
05-14-2007, 11:59 AM
My friend came to visit from San Francisco a couple of weeks ago.

He bought $500 shoes.

He DEFINITELY has more shoes than I do. :teehee:

Wow. I've paid that for a pair of boots but never for a pair of shoes.

Stiney
05-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Right after that, we went to a boutique in SoHo and he dropped the same amount on a pair of dress shorts. :roll: :teehee:

Knitting_Guy
05-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Shorts????!!!

I gripe when I have to pay $30 for a pair, I would never pay that much for shorts.

Stiney
05-14-2007, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't either. :teehee: I felt uber-frumpy in this boutique. It was one of the ones where you have to know your size and ask for it. Also, the register and dressing rooms were in secret passageways. The bookshelves along the back were really doors.