PDA

View Full Version : Which yarn???????????

knitwit88
05-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I was trying to figure out which color of yarn to get. Here are the colors:

Citrus
Curacao
Little Lovely
Purple Mystery
Sel Priv A
Sel Priv H
Pollen

Oh, here's the link to the site:
http://www.yarntopiaonline.com/shopping/yarn/index.php?pg=1&mf=13
They're on pages 1,2,3

suzeeq
05-12-2007, 11:24 PM
Well what colors do you like? I'm partial to greens and blues, but not everyone else is.

sue

knitwit628
05-12-2007, 11:25 PM
What are you going to make with it? Personally, I like Little Lovely and/or Purple Mystery the best... probably Little Lovely. But those are my top two picks... but I'm a pink and purple fan anyways :) Remember, pick whichever color suits you best!!! Have fun picking your yarn! :happydance:

jeanius80
05-13-2007, 12:42 AM
i love malabrigo! out of those choices i can narrow it down to Citrus &
Curacao ... both in person are so pretty! i really loved them! ( i gifted those two in the most recent yarn swap. ) i would go for your favorite color/s.

bobi1218
05-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Purple mystery :)
What are you going to make?

Chel
05-13-2007, 10:15 AM
For me, I would definitely choose the pattern first as that would have an impact on the yarn I got.

Curacao is gorgeous!!!!

But if I was going to use it to make a lacy pattern, or one with cables, I would take in consideration that variagted yarn will take away from the stitch pattern making it less visible. So for a pattern such as this I would choose a solid or nearly solid color

On the other hand, if you were doing a plain stitch, ribbing, garter, then I would find a solid color would be rather boring and the basic patterning would allow for the brilliant colors in variagated yarn to show up.

:) What ever you get be sure to post eye candy!!!!!

knitwit88
05-13-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm making a blanket!!