PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day!

larudden
05-13-2007, 07:54 AM
I just wanted to give a shout out to all the moms out there. I hope your day is awesome!

nadja la claire
05-13-2007, 09:32 AM
You beat me to the punch.

To all you FANTASTIC mothers out there!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!!!!

:muah: :hug: :happydance: :cheering: :heart: :mrgreen: :D :balloons: :lol: :inlove: :blooby: :yay: :woot: :grphug: :woohoo: :clink:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja xxx

HollyP
05-13-2007, 09:54 AM
:heart: :heart: Happy Mother's Day!!!! :heart: :heart:
:muah:

Chel
05-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Happy Mothers Day everyone!

And I do mean EVERYONE-not just the MOMS. I work customer service and the guys were laughing at me yesterday when I would tell them to have a "Happy Mothers Day" but they were all in agreement when I explained why I said it.

It doesn't matter if you are a mother or not- Either you have one, had one in the past or somehow the love of a mother or mother figure has touched you, changed your life and helped you become the person you are.

If you have a mother to celebrate with then consider yourself blessed. But if not, Mothers Day becomes a time to reflect upon and honor the ways a mother or mother figure has touched your life.

hydeemarie
05-13-2007, 11:05 AM
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :yay: :blooby: :happydance: :inlove: :woohoo:

MommaG
05-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Happy Mothers Day. To all the mommy's.
:muah: :hug: :muah: :hug: :balloons: :balloons: I got a family ring today. With my sons stone, mine and my husband(we have the same one) and then my daughters.

yarnbee
05-13-2007, 12:02 PM
MommaG,
Thanks from a few times zones to your west--I'm just now having my morning java. Sounds like you are really loved. I've always wanted a family ring, will have to hint a little more strongly for next year.

I'm going to be relaxing today as much as possible. The only finger I will be lifting is the one that wraps yarn around my knitting needles. :teehee:

To all the other moms, g'moms, g'g'moms, and moms-to-be, enjoy your day! :hug:

auburnchick
05-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Same to everyone!! I can't help but feel :heart: :heart: for those of you here who "mother" the rest of us by encouraging us and giving such GREAT advice!! You are all such a blessing to me, especially since my own mom and I are not the closest.

:muah: :muah: :muah:

Now, what did y'all's families do for you?

I got woken up to cinnamon rolls and a BIG bowl of pineapple and cottage cheese. :teehee:

I also got a gift card to our local Christian bookstore. Oh, and flowers when dh and dd went to the grocery store yesterday.

Now...I'm going to sit down, paint my fingernails, and watch the NASCAR race that was delayed until today.

Y'all have a terrific day! Enjoy the pampering you will get or will do for your own moms.

:muah: :hug: :muah: :hug:

yarnbee
05-13-2007, 12:07 PM
:oops:
Sorry, larudden,
I inadvertently scrolled down too far in the thread and should've put your name in my greeting since you started the HMD topic. Am still working on my morning java--not awake yet, still in idiot mode.

Thanks for thinking of us and you have a wonderful day, too!
:hug:

debinoz
05-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Happy Mother's Day!!!

My day so far has been the same old thing... I've cooked breakfast, washed, dried, folded and put away 3 loads of laundry, started the dishes and only recieved a "Happy Mother's Day" from 2 of my four kids......go figure!!

No gifts here either.... DH saved some money to take the kids shopping, but youngest DS's phone got chewed up by the dog, so we know where that money went, don't we?!!

ADAllen
05-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Happy Mother's Day Ladies! Take some time out for yourselves, you deserve it. :notworthy:

yarnbee
05-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Happy Mother's Day!!!

My day so far has been the same old thing... I've cooked breakfast, washed, dried, folded and put away 3 loads of laundry, started the dishes and only recieved a "Happy Mother's Day" from 2 of my four kids......go figure!!

No gifts here either.... DH saved some money to take the kids shopping, but youngest DS's phone got chewed up by the dog, so we know where that money went, don't we?!!

Dear Debinoz,
Been there, done that! That's the way it is sometimes with little ones. Mine are grown up now, but you'll get your day in the sun.
I was telling a little fib when I said I would not be lifting a finger today except to wrap yarn around my needles. I will be doing that in between loads of laundry. I'll probably clean out the cat box, too. Go figure. :shrug:

debinoz
05-13-2007, 12:38 PM
yarnbee:

My kids aren't so little, they're 26, 15, 14, and 12. You'd think they'd offer to help do something!! :shrug:

I guess I really don't mind,,, it just would have been nice for them to offer.

yarnbee
05-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Wow, I'm sorry, Debinoz. I didn't mean to pour salt in the wound.
Many years ago a mom went on strike (I think it was in the Chicago area.) She planted herself in a lawn chair on the front lawn with a picket sign and spent a few days there until her family got a clue.

DianaM
05-13-2007, 01:16 PM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!
ˇˇFELIZ DIA DE LAS MADRES!!

:muah: :hug: :muah: :hug: :muah: :hug: :muah: :hug:

ADAllen
05-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Many years ago a mom went on strike (I think it was in the Chicago area.) She planted herself in a lawn chair on the front lawn with a picket sign and spent a few days there until her family got a clue.

hehe that's fantastic! What did her sign say? :teehee:

baronreads
05-13-2007, 02:41 PM

I remember that! :teehee:

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY LADIES!! I hope you all get to RELAX, at least a little bit!

My DH bought me a Gift Cert. to the LYS!! Now I have to come up with the PERFECT project to spend it on!! And one of my DS spent his own money on a couple of books! What a sweetie! And I'm SURE I'll be picking up the house and doing laundry too! If I don't do it today, I'll have to do it tomorrow!

jeanius80
05-13-2007, 03:05 PM
happy mothers day from us too!

knitwit628
05-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Happy Mother's Day everyone! For my mom I knitted her two dishcloths plus some other non knitting related items. Go Mom's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: :muah: :teehee:

yarnbee
05-13-2007, 04:16 PM
ADAllen,
I think her sign just read, "ON STRIKE." (short, sweet, and to the point!)

DQ
05-13-2007, 04:44 PM
We've already had Mothers day over here :teehee:

Happy Mothers day to you all though! :hug: :heart:

itsjustmeghan
05-13-2007, 09:36 PM
this is techically my second mother's day, but its the first one i've felt like i was an actual MOM. last year he was such a tiny squirt, i guess it hadn't sunk in just yet!

i woke up to owen fussing, but once he came into bed with us, i got kisses and snuggles from him and his stuffed puppy dog. i also was totally shocked tha i got a giftcard to Knit Picks!!! totally didn't expect that one! DH must know me better then i think!! so i'm all giddy going through patterns and figuring out how much yarn i need for each project. so unexpected, you have no idea!

we went to mom and dad's for lunch, where i got a bunch of hand-me-over perenials from mom's garden, which i planted this afternoon in my patio area while DH watched owen. i got so much work done out there, it was fabulous!

so yeah for mothers day! and all those mothers out there! i hope you had good ones!

off to pick out more yarn! :teehee: