PDA

View Full Version : Addi Turbo LACE circs

yarnbee
05-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Yesterday I went to my LYS intending to buy another set of Addi Turbo circs for socks. I had already tried them in a smaller size and love them. The store also carried Addi Turbo Lace circ needles which I was not aware of. The needles are gold-colored rather than silver like the regular ATs and the cord is clear red. The package said they're good for socks as well as lace and the LYS said they've had excellent feedback from their sock-knitting customers.

I bought one long one for magic loop sock knitting, and though I didn't have much time to play with it last night, it felt great. The tips really pick up those little stitches well.

Has anyone else tried them for socks? (Someday when I'm more experienced, I'll venture into lace.)

Braden
05-13-2007, 12:28 PM
I haven't tried them for socks, I've just used the rgular Addis, but they are GREAT for lace knitting.

Eloewien
05-13-2007, 01:13 PM
I want a set, by my LYS doesn't have 'em yet...

Braden
05-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I ordered mine online.

Eloewien
05-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I just wonder why they only come as small as 1... I use 0's and 000's for some of my lacework... oh well.

Liliyarn
05-13-2007, 02:07 PM
I haven't tried them for socks yet. I like two circs instead of magic loop. I did see that they are similar to KP fixed circs so I think they would do wonderful.

Skater
05-13-2007, 02:16 PM
I ordered mine online.ContiKnitter, please tell me where you ordered yours from. Thanks.

Braden
05-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I ordered mine from Yarn Lady. (http://www.yarnlady.com/) I actually called my order in, because I don't think they have an online ordering service.

Calamintha
05-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I ordered a couple of pairs from Angelika's Yarn:

http://www.yarn-store.com/

I have been knitting lace for about 10 years and normally use Inox Gray needles. I was anxious to try the Addi Lace needles. However, I discovered after using them for a while that I still prefer the Inox needles for lace and socks.

The tip of the new Addis is very sharp. Sharp enough to wear a hole in your finger even with size 5s. Sharp tips are great for lace but they don't have to be that sharp. The tips also have a longer taper than the Inox which I don't like as I cannot knit as close to the tips as I normally do which slows me down. They have a brass finish which is not as slick as the regular Addi Turbos. The cord however is terrific, very supple.