PDA

View Full Version : New member asking for help with a veil pattern :-)

willowangel
05-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey guys,

So happy to be here - the videos are fantastic ;-) I'm hoping to get to know you all soon.

My main question is that I've been trawling the net for a pattern for a veil. I'm getting married in 2 years (so hopefully have enough time to make it!) and would like to find a pattern for a very fine open veil, either knitting or crochet, don't mind at all - just want it to be as fine and airy as possible while still being beautiful ;-)

I can't find much, just wraps and shawls, unfortunately. I'm not experienced enough at lace knitting to risk altering a pattern without some advice! (But I pick things up quickly so hopefully would be able to if someone could tell me how).

I'm very excited about the wedding and am hoping to make a few things for it, but the veil I would like to be an heirloom if possibly.

Thanks for your time, looking forward to my time here :-)

Fiona

suzeeq
05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
A triangular shawl pattern might work, using a circlet to hold it on your head. Or maybe a rectangular one. Have you thought of searching for a mantilla pattern?

sue

willowangel
05-13-2007, 04:14 PM
Ooh the circlet idea sounds like a good one - can't believe I didn't think of that! lol

And never heard of a mantilla, will go have a look...

suzeeq
05-13-2007, 06:34 PM
A mantilla is a Spanish head covering similar to a veil that women used to wear to church. Very lacy and they were sometimes held in place with very fancy combs.

sue

five_six
05-13-2007, 07:40 PM
Have you had a look at some of these (http://sussdesigns.com/knittingSite/products.php?treeID=34&start_Position=8)... They aren't free, you would have to buy the book, but I think they are lovely.