PDA

View Full Version : Formerly Pattern Help, Renamed Chels' Clapotis Thread

Chel
05-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Okay, I have seen many people do the Clapotis Pattern from Knitty but I am having problems with the 2nd row!

CO 2 st
Row 1: P1, pfb (at the end of this row there are 2 stitches, correct)
Row 2: Sl1, K1, Place marker, yo, kfb (where does the 3rd stitch that you kfb into come from?)

Ingrid
05-13-2007, 04:20 PM
P1, Pfb will produce 3 stitches. The pfb is an increase, so you'd have the first purl and the two from the purl front and back.

hydeemarie
05-13-2007, 04:21 PM
no, the first row, you P1, the pfb which is purl into the front of the stitch and then into the back of the stitch producing two stitches. That is how you get the thrid stitch on the next row

Chel
05-13-2007, 04:23 PM
:doh:

Got it. LOL I can see this pattern being an edukayshunel one. :)

Thanks guys! :notworthy:

Chel
05-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Next question, anyone interested in seeing how Clapotis looks in ribbon yarn?

I'm about to find out.

jeanius80
05-13-2007, 04:38 PM
oooooh i am! mememe.... :teehee: i have some novelty yarns in greens i won in a 'mystery' auction ( not something i will do again.. but..) and have been completely mystified as to what to knit.....

suzeeq
05-13-2007, 06:38 PM
oooooh i am! mememe.... :teehee: i have some novelty yarns in greens i won in a 'mystery' auction ( not something i will do again.. but..) and have been completely mystified as to what to knit.....

Well, that's what you get for participating in a mystery auction, right? ;)

sue

zkimom
05-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Next question, anyone interested in seeing how Clapotis looks in ribbon yarn?

I'm about to find out.

Me too! Me too!

I love Clapotis pictures -- I have some silk I'm thinking of using for mine. Only problem is I'm one skein short so I won't be able to make it as wide.

Oh well -- I'm thinking of a Mmmalabrigo version, too.

Best,
Susan

jeanius80
05-13-2007, 09:07 PM
lol susie!! I like the colors i got, and i did get 10 balls (5 different yarns)... i just dont know what to do with it! :)

Chel
05-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Well, I have been working on it all afternoon and I absolutely LOVE IT. I made it to the first row of dropped stitches.

A couple months ago Michaels had a clearance on a bunch of novelty yarns supposedly because they were being discontinued. Included in that sale was Lion Brand Incredible. I love the tye dyed look of that yarn so I picked up EVERY one they had in the same dye lot. I got over 20 balls at $2.00 each-regular $5.99

I knew I wanted to make a wrap with it. Also I wanted a belt. I wanted to do them to dress up plain jeans and a white t-shirt. I do a lot of festivals and such where I am wandering around dusty fairgrounds, then stopping at a nice restaurant on the way home. My best friend and I used to do that all the time and since he died I carry on the tradition alone. The difference is, now I am much more self conscious-I guess because when I was with Daniel no one else existed, so it didn't matter if anyone else noticed my dusty shoes and overly casual attire. Anyway, short of changing in the car, I wantd to come up with an idea to dress up classic old jeans and t-shirt.

So ta daaaa. My solution is a wrap in shades of blue (to blend with any color jeans), a belt to match, and I am even thinking of doing a top. I haven't worked out the design yet... but I am thinking of a regular old tank top with knit straps and using the ribon yarn to embroider a celtic knotwork design. Anyway, I am sure it will come together somehow. :)

Pics tomorrow evening. But for now this is the color:

http://www.ericas.com/needlework/books/15356.jpg

Mariblue
05-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Oh, I like that color! I'm sure it will be very pretty, I'd love to see some pictures too!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
05-14-2007, 12:30 AM
I have yarn for the clap... maybe I should dig it out :thinking:

Chel, I thought there was a KAL thread for the clap, but I couldn't find it... maybe you can start a KAL?

Chel
05-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Good idea!! Off to do that now!