PDA

View Full Version : Sort of OT: In a funk

carmabelle1191
05-14-2007, 10:21 PM
I seem to be in a knitting funk. Nothing seems appealing to me to knit, and I haven't really been feeling like I want to pick up the needles like I normally do. I've started at least 5 projects that I'm planning on frogging that just don't feel right. It seems like I'm either at track club, babysitting, or (involuntarily) doing school/homework.
What does everyone else do when they feel like they're in a "funk"?:verysad:

Chel
05-14-2007, 10:28 PM
I pick up a UFO and promise myself when its done I can go shopping!!!

LOL Other than that, I just browse patterns and surf knitting topics until something strikes my fancy.

Sanibelle
05-15-2007, 09:03 AM
Every so often I get like that too. I find for me the best thing to do is give it a break for a little while - a week or 2. Then I miss it so much I can't put my needles down.

Hope your funk ends soon....

Lynn

Inis
05-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Perhaps try another hobby for a little while. I think it's good for your creativity to mix it up a bit. Do you sew? Paint? Mosaic? Garden?

I left crocheting for a good 5 years or so and did nothing but cross-stitch. Got my fill of that and went back to crochet ... and now I added knitting.

However, I'm thinking I better get some cross-stitch done -- won't be long and my eyes will no longer be able to handle it! :eyes:

Braden
05-15-2007, 10:00 AM
I leave my knitting in plain sight, watch knitting shows, read the magazines, and then you will miss it!

syndactylus
05-15-2007, 10:12 AM
first I read all the NYers I've been ignoring, a history book, and a monkey book or two.
then thought about the sock yarn I don't have.
then looked at all the sock patterns for the yarn I don't have.
then told myself I could have sock yarn when the other yarn was gone.
then finally went back to the socks, and they're finally finished.

now I'm going to catch up on the NYers again, since I realised I have to order another skein of the yarn I have to knit the sweater I bought it for (hopefully the ONE ball left at that site is the same dyelot!), & so maybe I will also get some sock yarn in advance... because why waste shipping money on just one measly skein?
then I will have it there watching me, waiting...

also, if you have something planned and you are just not that excited about it, looking at everyone else's versions online has made me more interested or determined again.

KathyinCali
05-15-2007, 12:41 PM
I'm kinda sorta feeling the same way at the moment. I attribute mine to the warm weather. Warm weather = pool time and reading for me when I get home so the couple of hours I normally spend knitting when I get home is reduced to an hour at most.

I've decided to finish off my UFO's no matter what before I cast on another project so that's a bit motivating.

You'll get your groove back!

carmabelle1191
05-16-2007, 03:36 PM
I think it might be the warn weather. I just haven't really been wanting to sit down lately, I've been wanting to get up and run around instead. I know I'll get out of my funk eventually though, the question is when.:shrug: