PDA

View Full Version : My son is learning the lingo

Mariblue
05-15-2007, 03:36 PM
My son is 7. I've been working on a pair of socks for my daughter, trying to find the right stitch pattern for the varigated yarn I'm using, and spending a lot of time pulling it apart and starting over again, but really enjoying myself. The other day my son asked me what I was doing, and I said, "Oh, I'm ripping this sock back, so I can try a new knitting pattern with it."
And he said, "Oh... it turned into a frog!" :teehee:
I thought it was cute. :hug:

Mommy22alyns
05-15-2007, 03:50 PM
:teehee: That's so cute. My girls go to pieces over yarn - my youngest always exclaims, "Oooooh! Nice yans!" She hasn't even seen my MMMMMmmmm yet!

Julie
05-15-2007, 04:49 PM
It's so funny to hear the lingo coming back at you :teehee: ... the other day I heard my 6 year old say"after I finish this row!" to her 3 year old sister. :roflhard:

mintdee
05-15-2007, 06:42 PM
My son and I were going through my old crochet mags and there was a woman on the cover of one that he decided was rich because he exclaimed "Wow Mom that lady is rich, She could get a lot of yarns!" hehehe

Kids. :teehee:

knitwit88
05-15-2007, 09:36 PM
The first time I walked into a yarn store and heard people talking about gauge, it was like never speaking english ever, and then suddenly understanding people!