PDA

View Full Version : Summer Swappers (Swappers & Swappees Assigned)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

meearnol
05-28-2007, 12:45 PM
This is going to be so much fun. I've been in contact with both my swapper and my swappee (are those the right pronouns?) I feel like such a sneaky-sneak. This is GREAT!

Yay for swaps!:cheering:

kblue
05-28-2007, 03:05 PM
ya really Shandeh thats creepy :roflhard::roflhard: funny but creepy :teehee:

mks22300
05-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Whoa Shandeh, very freaky! :teehee:

clb1968
05-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Always knew that there was someone on the internet spying on me,now I know who it is,lol

Sanibelle
05-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Well I must say the person who has me is the nicest person. I have been exchanging emails with her all weekend. Sneph - you did a great job matching us up!

I emailed the person that I have but I have not heard back from them.

kristinw
05-28-2007, 10:22 PM
I've exchanged emails with my swapee - she is so nice. I am very lucky!

Haven't heard from the person who has me though :pout:

BostonBecca
05-28-2007, 10:23 PM
I contacted my swapee/receiver and heard back. It was very helpful and she was so nice.

This is fun! I wrote my swapee/sender back and gave them way more info about me. They are very nice.

clb1968
05-28-2007, 10:35 PM
I have contacted my person, but have not been contacted by the person that has me:cry:

PaperGirl
05-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I emailed to my swappee..have not heard from my swapper yet though. But I know its a holiday today...so Ill be checking again later! :)

Shandeh
05-28-2007, 10:51 PM
Here's another taunt for my partner.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/195/519148363_89bb228350.jpg

PSYCH!!! That yarn is for ME!!! :roflhard:

Doodknitwit
05-28-2007, 10:53 PM
wow!! whhat a great way to make new buddies. I have emailed my swapee and we have had great chats !!!:woohoo: I just heard from my swapper:yay: :blooby:

jeanius80
05-29-2007, 01:29 AM
hi! i have been away all weekend and no internet access!:zombie: sooo..... swap sender a little note! if ou do email me. make sure to put yarn swap or summer swap as the subject or i'll probably delete it:mrgreen: and my swap reciever... expect an email soon:teehee: i am gonna do a bit or research.

:shifty:i'd suggest if you have a blog, or myspace, ect., add a wish list of yarns and knitter goodness, help me spoil you :drool:

itsjustmeghan
05-29-2007, 09:36 AM
I thought I posted last night, but nope!
I got emails from my secret swapper! She's super nice. I am playing detective trying to find out who it is.
I sent emais out to my swapee. This is so much fun! I have so many good ideas on what to send, it's going to be a tough choice....

michellebreton
05-29-2007, 10:06 AM
So how are you all going about selecting what you will send? Are you choosing a pattern for your person and then buying yarn to go with it or are you just buying yarn and letting her figure it out? I know I've got a certain dollar range, but if I don't pick a pattern, I'm at a loss as to how much of one type of yarn to buy. :think:

Michelle

rennfamily
05-29-2007, 10:20 AM
OOHH Sandy Creepy!! I've contacted my swappee. YEAH!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sending some knitting goodies since she's super experienced and my knitting would just be pitiful.

Michelle I'm asking tons of questions of my swappee so I can make sure I pick something really good for her or him.

JamOKnit
05-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Have sent off an email to my swapee to glean a little more info about then...but no contact yet from the person who has my name...hopefully they will show themselves soon!!!

marykz
05-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Michelle- last time, I asked my pal what types of yarn she liked, then went and looked at things at the LYS, then tried to buy a fair quantity of the yarn for a typical use of the pattern. (like for a special yarn like noro- I provided enough to make a good sized scarf/ small wrap.) I received purty purty yarn from my pal with 2 kinds of yarn, about 350 yarns of one kind and about 150 yards of another- and I have the perfect project lined up for it all. (I think). So, it depends on what your pal likes, and what you find.

I'm so psyched about this one...

robynbird
05-29-2007, 11:24 AM
I heard from the person who has me!! :cheering: I am starting some investigating to figure out what to send my person. :) I'm so excited!

Kaydee
05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I contacted my partner but haven't heard from whoever has me...if you're out there I'd love to hear from you! I have some ideas for my partner...they seem pretty flexible about colors and fibers which makes it fun.
I am already looking around online for my swappee. I'm going down to Windsor Button on Tuesday or Wednesday to fondle yarns as well.

I'm heading there this weekend to do the same Becca!

KathyinCali
05-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm so excited to be participating in the swap. It's so much fun! :cheering:

Leah22b
05-29-2007, 12:54 PM
To my swapee :hug: and my swaper :hug: I'm sorry I've been neglagent. I only have computer access at work, and with the long weekend I just received my pals name this morning. I will send out a sneaky message soon if you haven't gotten one already.... and I've replied to my swaper I hope my answers help...:woot:

To the person who asked how your deciding what to get....I've been picking up a couple of hanks of different things. Enough for a thin scarf, or a hat or socks something they can use on a small project. So fare..lol Depending on what they like to do that may change some. :woohoo::whistle:

VickyS456
05-29-2007, 01:39 PM
YAY! I heard from my Secret Knitter!!! As soon as the kids to go bed I'm going to write her back :D

jeanius80
05-29-2007, 01:41 PM
YAY! I heard from my Secret Knitter!!! As soon as the kids to go bed I'm going to write her back :D
me too! she so nice and friendly ... :mrgreen:

KathyinCali
05-29-2007, 01:55 PM
I keep falling off this thread so, just saying hi!:hug:

jeanius80
05-29-2007, 02:50 PM
I keep falling off this thread so, just saying hi!:hug:
hi:waving:

mare-nitt
05-29-2007, 03:49 PM
I have not heard from the Secret Yarn Swapper that has my name yet. Where are you? I don't know you, and I am already worried about you.:cry:
Come out, come out where ever you are!

I have chatted with swappee a couple times, and it is interesting.

Marilynn

kristinw
05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
To the person who asked how your deciding what to get....I've been picking up a couple of hanks of different things. Enough for a thin scarf, or a hat or socks something they can use on a small project. So fare..lol Depending on what they like to do that may change some. :woohoo::whistle:

This. I think this works well, because then if the swapee decides they like something they got and wants to make a bigger project they can then make the investment. It is sort of like getting free samples!! :woot: That's what I did with the swap last year. I really liked what I got and ordered more so I could make a sweater.

MommaG
05-29-2007, 04:42 PM
This is good to know I was kind of curious as to how much of what I should get. But now I know it would be cool to get a bunch of different types of yarn enough to make a small projects or what intrigue them to purchase enough to make bigger projects. By the way who ever hhas my name that would be cool to get more than one type of yarn. Especially considering I have only ever used acrylics(hint hint)

Doodknitwit
05-29-2007, 04:42 PM
:roll::poke:naughty girl you are!!!

Leah22b
05-29-2007, 05:00 PM
This is good to know I was kind of curious as to how much of what I should get. But now I know it would be cool to get a bunch of different types of yarn enough to make a small projects or what intrigue them to purchase enough to make bigger projects. By the way who ever hhas my name that would be cool to get more than one type of yarn. Especially considering I have only ever used acrylics(hint hint)

Once you switch and see how nice other yarn is you won't want to go back...lol:knitting::woohoo:

Nobones
05-29-2007, 05:31 PM
I've been out today and got my swap person....................................... some yarn!:teehee:

mks22300
05-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Yippee, I've heard from the person who has me!
To the person I have...I've already ordered you something....:teehee:

kblue
05-29-2007, 07:19 PM
yay i just received and email from my swapee and i've been exchanging emails with my swapper :happydance:

misstialouise
05-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I have emailed my swapee.. but not heard from my swapper yet... that's okay.. I'm patient :D

clb1968
05-29-2007, 09:48 PM
I got an email from the person that has me , so all is well now.

psammeadred
05-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I sent my swappee an email and also received some emails and a HUGE surprise of the patternly kind - thank you secret pal! - from my swapper! :muah:

syndactylus
05-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I heard from mine this morning!
:cheering:
Now I hope I can live up to this...

domiknitrix
05-30-2007, 08:55 AM
This is so exciting. I have heard from my secret swapper and have been in contact with my swappee. This is so fun, I think I may know what to get he/she and I think I may know what to knit them as well.

threesmom
05-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I heard from mine too :cheering:
This is so exciting ... and I can't wait to have more contact with my swappee! :hug:

JamOKnit
05-30-2007, 09:37 AM
How exciting! I had an email from my mystery swapper when I got home last night! She is so nice and asked all kinds of questions to try to "understand" me so I know I will get a great package!

I have not had a reply from my swapee, though, and I hope she will write back so I can get a better feel for her likes and dislikes! I am anxious to start shopping!!! Yah!

Kaydee
05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I heard from my swapper...is that the person who has my name? I always mixup the -er and -ee. Anyway, I was very excited to hear from you pal, and I just wrote you back. I've been exchanging emails with my swapee and I'm getting a pretty good idea of what they might like. I can't wait to do some shopping!

jeanius80
05-30-2007, 11:05 AM
i have been in contact too.. and both ladies are great! i can't wait to find out who has my name, she so nice :waving: and i am waiting to hear back from my swapee ... *hint* we are in very different time zones :teehee: i am excited to shop for her ... she's a very talented knitter

Leah22b
05-30-2007, 11:09 AM
I have teasers...lol

Maybe the first, maybe the second, and just maybe both or neither...lol :twisted:

Kaydee
05-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Leah22b, are you sending your swapee an alpaca and a bamboo tree so they can make their own yarn?? Lucky partner!

PaperGirl
05-30-2007, 11:50 AM
:roflhard:

Ive been in alot of contact with the person who has me! Shes totally cool!

Ive emailed the person I have, but havent heard back...:thinking: Hopefully Ill hear from them today! I cant wait to get started!

marykz
05-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Leah22b, are you sending your swapee an alpaca and a bamboo tree so they can make their own yarn?? Lucky partner!

Ha!! So.... theoretically.... what would I feed an alpaca? the bamboo? :think:
please oh please? :pray:

too funny Leah22b and Kaydee....

Shandeh
05-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Hide the bamboo from the alpaca!!! :help:
They BOTH make pretty yarn. :teehee:

Leah22b
05-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Leah22b, are you sending your swapee an alpaca and a bamboo tree so they can make their own yarn?? Lucky partner! :thud: :passedout:

Ahhh Kaydee.... Kaydee...... Kaydee... We didn't have a catagory that high! Besides I'm not Evana Trump... So try again...:whistle:

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

I agree with Sandy... Keep the Bamboo away from the Alpaca... oh what pretty and soft yarns they make...lol

Kaydee
05-30-2007, 04:31 PM
I guess I was hoping that you had me and I'd be getting a new pet!:teehee:

jeanius80
05-30-2007, 04:55 PM
:inlove:I guess I was hoping that you had me and I'd be getting a new pet!:teehee:

:rofl:

this past weekend we went to visit friends and she raises goats (not fiber ones...:pout:) here is dd chasing the goats

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/228/521932320_4a95e49965.jpg

i am seriously thinking about 'saving' a goat and bring it home. they are so cute and when they bawl for thier mommies it really sounds like they are saying "maaaaaa" :inlove:

BostonBecca
05-30-2007, 06:25 PM
My swapper (the person who has me) is so nice. They have e-mailed me to find out my preferences and are very friendly. I can't wait to get the first package and eventually find out who they are so I can thank them properly.

My swapee is also very friendly. I have got the dirt on her preferences and I think I am going to take advantage of some internet deals to get her some very nice varieties of yarn in quantities I couldn't otherwise get her.

This is just awesome.

oneyarn
05-30-2007, 08:30 PM
Stopped in my LYS today and pick this up for you Swappee...Hope you like it....

mks22300
05-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Ordered something else for you today swap partner! :teehee:

PaperGirl
05-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey swap parter! Ive bookmarked your blog! Im gonna snoop! :lol:

Shandeh
05-31-2007, 12:54 AM
I heard from my swap pal too. Seems like a super person! :muah:

But, then again....aren't ALL KH'ers MAHVELOUS!!! :hug:

snephenie
05-31-2007, 01:15 AM
Has everyone heard from their swapper?

Curly_Toot
05-31-2007, 02:17 AM
wow, you dont visit this thread for a few days and look what happens... 31 pages and counting!

I've heard from both my swaper and swapee and having a total ball with it all. Havent been able to go shopping just yet but tonight is late night shopping so i plan to start looking... YAY!!:yay:

:woohoo:

VickyS456
05-31-2007, 03:40 AM
Jeanius80, your daughter is too cute!

I'm having so much fun with this. My Secret Knitter sounds like such a fun person and she keeps TEASING me! :doh: lol

If the weather holds up, I'm heading over to my LYS to browse for my swapee! :cheering:

misstialouise
05-31-2007, 04:36 AM
Snephanie, I've not yet heard from mine...

I'm sure she/he's just very busy thinking of an alias ;)

Nobones
05-31-2007, 06:33 AM
I've heard from the person who has me, she is so sweet, I've nice emails from her.

I've also contacted the person I've got. They are very nice too!

mare-nitt
05-31-2007, 06:35 AM
Snephine, I have not heard from mine.:??

Maybe she is so busy shopping that she forgot to email me. Or she just wants to stay a secret till the end.:pout:

Marilynn

rennfamily
05-31-2007, 07:50 AM
Jeanius that pic is too cute! Your DD is adorable. I have a few items picked up for my swap partner already.

I have not heard from the person sending to me. I figure this was a holiday weekend and some schools are out for the summer so maybe s/he went on vacation for awhile.

Kaydee
05-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Jeanius your DD is adorable!!

snephenie
05-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Ok, let me know if you don't have contact on Monday and I'll email them to make sure they are still in it.

I know some were going on vacations, etc...but let's give them through the weekend before I start to contact them.

rebecca
05-31-2007, 10:15 AM
I'm quite excited!!!!! I have a great pal on both sides! I have gotten an email from my pal that she/he has already gotten some yarn for me :inlove: How cool is that?! Not only that, but she's gotten if from one of my fave places, LittleKnits:cheering: even cooler8-) !! And, I love the person to whom I'm giving, too. Both are wonderful, this is such FUN! :cheering:I know exactly what I am getting my person, he/she will be in for a delight, I'm thinking, I certainly would love to keep it :happydancing:

jeanius80
05-31-2007, 10:26 AM
:muah:thanks for the compliments about my dd! she is quite a handful :teehee:

on a swap note :oo: ... i am ordering some, but not everything today ... a couple of yarns for my swapee to try ... and later i am going to check my LYS to see if they carry some other yarns ... and i will be dyeing some pretty wool & silk blend for her too :woohoo:

Eloewien
05-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Snephanie- I haven't heard from whoever has me either. I'll let you know if I don't hear anything by the weekend

Secksiebrat
05-31-2007, 10:42 AM
I have contacted my partner and she's returned it with the low down on her, and the person that has me has also contacted me and I've returned her email. SOOOO

I'm looking for yarn!

~danielle~

G J
05-31-2007, 10:44 AM
I've heard from mine....
:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

:balloons:This is FUN!!:balloons:
:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

Leah22b
05-31-2007, 11:53 AM
This is sooooo much fun! I just love to tease. I hope I don't give it away.... I have a tendancy to do that...:doh:

What a nice pic of you're dd Jeanius.

Sorry to disapoint Kaydee.... I'd actually like them both as well. (My landlord, and the townhomes connected to mine wouldn't though.) I'm not saying to count me out as your pal, just that if I am your pal don't count on a new pet...lol

:roflhard::roflhard:

Kaydee
05-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Sorry to disapoint Kaydee.... I'd actually like them both as well. (My landlord, and the townhomes connected to mine wouldn't though.)

Well that's ok and besides I can't have them in my apartment either. Too bad.:teehee:

michellebreton
05-31-2007, 01:33 PM
Yay! :cheering: I just ordered yarn for my swap partner. Of course, I couldn't order yarn for her without ordering for myself :teehee: I hope she likes what I got.

Michelle

aineepooh1
05-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Well.. I have been contacted by my swapee and I have contacted my yarnee... since doing these swaps I am learning all sorts of new computer jargon and tricks ( ie .. how to set up an anymous email account)... I am just getting smarter and smarter everyday... :inlove:

Until I break the computer~!:rofl:

My secret pal is from another country so I will REALLY have to exercise my patience... but I :heart::heart::heart:the idea of visiting with someone from another country...:clink:

PaperGirl
05-31-2007, 01:59 PM
I've had many an email with the person who has me...but I have yet to hear back from the one that I have. :thinking:

kblue
05-31-2007, 02:32 PM
I love my swapee they are so nice and fun... I hope they like what i get them. I've already picked up a few things:happydance: and it's actually kind of hard deciding what to get them and keeping it under budget :??. And my the person who has me also very sweet :muah:. This is so much fun!!!

:waving::waving::waving: HI SECRET SWAPPER :waving::waving::waving:

rennfamily
05-31-2007, 03:17 PM
:happydance:Yeah! :happydance: I heard from my swapper! S/he seems awesome. Did a lot of research and knew quite a bit about me already. Know to do some more research on my swappee.

pandaca
05-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Just found out my LYS is having their annual sale next Saturday! I'll definitely be scoping that out for goodies for my swapee! And maybe just a few little things for myself, of course. :teehee:

Leah22b
05-31-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey Amanda... thats the best way to shop...

I love my 2 for 1 shopping method... 2 for me, 1 for you, 2 for me and 1 for you. :roflhard:

I've been back to my LYS thats closeing 3 times in the last week. Now I just have to pick what I'm sending... there are sooooooo many choices.:inlove: Swapee I'll pick you out some good ones never fear.. :hug::happydance:

:woot::woot: Now that I have yarns I need to search for little goodies to go with them. :woot::woot:

snowbear
05-31-2007, 07:16 PM
hmmm the one who has my name is a great tease.. She keeps me guesing. I can't wait to see what she has gotten me....

As for the one whom I'm buying for... heheeheheh this is always the fun part...lol

Tease,, just for fun... tantilize.. question... perfect hobby!

JamOKnit
05-31-2007, 07:16 PM
I have heard from the person who has me and it sounds like we are perfectly matched!:muah::inlove::cheering: We both like similar colors, and she is being very coy about not giving herself away...LOL:thumbsup:

Hi secret swapper! Hope you (and everyone else on this thread) had a great day!

jeanius80
05-31-2007, 07:42 PM
i made a small purchase for my swapee.. well, actually the order was for me too :teehee: and i think i am going to check out my LYS tomorrow and see if they carry a certain yarn .. otherwise i will be ordering the rest from another online retailer.. :shifty:

clb1968
05-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Just made an order for my swapee and got something I ordered for her in the mail, so this is going good.
Now I am waiting on my daughter in law to tell me what color she wants for her Booga Bag, so I can order the yarn for mine and hers.

mare-nitt
05-31-2007, 08:49 PM
What a great day! I heard from both my swappee and swapper, they are both real nice.

I also did some shopping, and I picked out the most wonderfullest _ yarn, and it came from a goat! Go figure! What will they think of next!

Have to start packing pretty soon, hope it all fits in the box, I may have to keep some stuff if it doesn't.

Happy swapping everyone.

Marilynn

Eloewien
05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
I was planning on going shopping today... but since I messed up my back, it's gonna have to wait a few days... hopefully my swapee will survive :)

katiebug081504
05-31-2007, 09:55 PM
I missed the swap again! I must check back more often for the next one.

threesmom
05-31-2007, 10:26 PM
I was working diligently to build my swapee's stash today ... so much fun!:teehee: Of course, I couldn't resist adding to my own too ... oh dear! And I love hearing from both of my swapper and swapee ... this is so much fun!

BostonBecca
05-31-2007, 10:46 PM
I bought something for my swappee today.

Oh, you thought I meant yarn???

Curly_Toot
06-01-2007, 02:41 AM
Does that say Swiss Chocolate..... Hmmmmm swiss chocolate.... *drool*!!

spectorkitty
06-01-2007, 08:38 AM
I've talked to the person I have and she seems very nice, but no one has contacted me yet. :cry:

I'm going shopping at my LYS tomorrow!!

Leah22b
06-01-2007, 09:43 AM
I hope you feel better soon Eloewien! Take it easy and Don't over do it!

Katiebug Sorry you missed. I hope you can get in next time! :hug:

Oh Swiss Chocolate... Yummmmmmmmmmy :drool:

VickyS456
06-01-2007, 10:10 AM
i did a little shopping today! :happydancing:

Leah22b
06-01-2007, 11:05 AM
:cheering: Yeah I just love shopping! :woot:

I was going to post pictures of the yarny goodness then decided It would make it too easy to know it was me after receiving your first package.... so instead I'm posting 1 item which won't look the same when it arrives...:whistle:

kblue
06-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Is anyone else finding it hard to keep that yarn under budget or are some of you guys thinking of or are cheating....just a little :teehee:??? I'm just asking because i've been looking around and i've bought some yarn already but i want to buy MORE and of course if i buy more i'll be over the yarn price range i chose...keep in mind this is just the yarn and not the little goodies i was going to pack with the yarn. Wow this is a thinker for me :??........:think:......How are you guys doing. I went to the store and was just.....:thud:......when i saw all the wonderful yarn. I just wanted to buy them all :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

jeanius80
06-01-2007, 11:37 AM
thats whats hard for me too... i am just buying a few different yarns for my swapee to try. some she asked for some i thought she would love! it is hard to restrain and not buy a whole sweaters worth :teehee:

PaperGirl
06-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I havent actually purchased yet, BUT I have LOADS of ideas, all written on a post it stuck in my wallet.

rebecca
06-01-2007, 12:32 PM
I've not yet purchased, but I do have my cart full of things she/he has asked for at a very nice online store and it's a tad over budget which leaves me with sending yarn only, but I think that should be okay. I'm waiting until the 2nd month to send "extras."
Speaking of the 2nd month.....are ya'll knitting or buying knitty things, or both?!

kblue
06-01-2007, 12:45 PM
sending yarn only, but I think that should be okay. I'm waiting until the 2nd month to send "extras."

Thats what i was wondering about too. Normally i would think to send goodies WITH the yarn but since this is a two part swap with yarn being the first package and knitting goodies/knitted item being the second...sending JUST yarn (and just a couple of goodies 1 or 2) wouldn't be a total bummer because your swapee would be getting all the goodies in the second package right???

Leah22b
06-01-2007, 01:07 PM
I agree with that as well. I'm just a tad over. So I'll put one or 2 small things with the yarn then more with the 2nd package...lol

:woot:

VickyS456
06-01-2007, 01:26 PM
I'll be over budget as well. I even shopped some pretty good sales so far!

PaperGirl
06-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Over budget....yarn..

Does not compute...

Brain asploding... :zombie:

Nobones
06-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm over budget but I didn't think it mattered because I thought it was a rough estimate. If that's not the case then tell me now because I haven't got everything on my list only a couple of items.

wewantmore
06-01-2007, 04:06 PM
I went to my LYS today. (with kids, remind me NEVER to do that again)

I think I'm gonna go over budget too. Oh well, it'll be worth it. Maybe I'll come underbudget for the second part to make it a wash. :?? But I doubt it. :teehee:

There was so much stuff I wanted to get, but I didn't buy a thing. Well I did get some more needles for myself to help with this stupid hat pattern I'm working on that is about to be frogged for the last time. :frog: :hair:

Plus with the budget thing, I could'a sworn I put in a different amount then what my email says. Oh well.

Michelle

threesmom
06-01-2007, 04:32 PM
I'll probably be over budget too - I'm not even done, and I think Im over budget - AND I got some sales. I justified it thinking I would use some for teh 2nd box, or as yarn for the item for the knitted part ... but what are some of you doing for the knitted part :shrug:. Any interesting ideas?

orcoastknitter
06-01-2007, 04:59 PM
I haven't bought any yarn yet. The last swap I went a little crazy. I couldn't make up my mind. I bought a few "extras" because I couldn't make up mind what to send.

I am heading up to Portland next weekend to where there are some cool stores, so I might pick up a few things there. However, the weekend of the 22nd is our Black Sheep Gathering (fiber fest). I know I will get some yarn there as well (as well as some goodies). I can't wait to visit the Blue Moon Fiber Arts booth and pick up some more Socks that Rock yarn!

Nobones
06-01-2007, 05:18 PM
I know EXACTLY what I'll be knitting for my buddy! So swap buddy, here's a clue, I'll be knitting with your favorite colour with matching and contrasting beads!

I've put that stuff on 'lay away' at my local store, can't wait to get started!

Doodknitwit
06-01-2007, 05:30 PM
yes!!! swapee ^ swapper
both :blooby: neat people:yay::woohoo:

Kaydee
06-01-2007, 06:19 PM
I have a few ideas of what I'll be knitting for my buddy...and none of them are knitted with yarn!:thinking: Hmmmmm...

mks22300
06-01-2007, 07:24 PM
I think I may be a tad over budget too, but it seems to be a bit difficult not to be. :teehee:
For the second part, I have a good idea of what I'd like to knit as well as some knitty related items.

Kaydee
06-01-2007, 08:58 PM
I just ordered my yarn for my pal....I got some pretty cool thing. Now I have to go look for some goodies this weekend!

BostonBecca
06-01-2007, 09:02 PM
I got my swappees yarn today. 5 skeins total! It's all nice stuff too, in the colors and fibers she likes and wanted. I can't wait to package it all up and send it out with some goodies.

MommaG
06-01-2007, 10:25 PM
I got a job today so I can afford yarn for sure now. Yeah (things were looking scary for a bit.)

redwitch
06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
http://www.cleckheaton.biz/yarn_collection.asp wish I had a digicam but this page has two of the wools I just bought this morning for my swop! It's the Vintage Hues and the Country Silk. The Vintage Hues is new and a lot like Noro I think.

http://www.cleckheaton.biz/publication_details.asp?yarnid=22&ID=870&name=952 here's the Vintage Hues knitted up.

Plus some cool Patonyle. From Patons, not the American version, the real Patons.

And she will be getting some of my absolute FAVOURITE wool, really soft. Now I need to get some that is not so luxurious and pricey, because she didn't specifiy a preference for that, so she would be disappointed to get only a few balls of the expensive stuff!

By the way, this is $U.S. yeah? Off to find a currency converter... I love Google!

Sarah

redwitch
06-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Oh dear I have already way exceeded it. Never mind - if I knit something it can't cost $50 so I'll just make sure the total comes to 100 U.S. for the 2 boxes!!!

syndactylus
06-01-2007, 11:10 PM
I was sick all day yesterday and today, but tomorrow I'm going shopping at my favorite yarn store!!

:woohoo:
needed a great excuse to go there, since it takes an hour and a half, at least.
but I have a list about a mile long.
I don't know what I'm going to do about that.

jeanius80
06-02-2007, 12:03 AM
redwitch- i ventured over to those sites! OMG those are pretty yarns! what a lucky swapee you have :)
i am going tomorrow to pick up 2 or 3 more balls and as soon as my online order comes in ... i will be dyeing then shipping some pretty yarns far far far away.......

mare-nitt
06-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Shopping and deciding is hard enough, and then you guys go and post all these new links for yarns. I am going crazy :lol:

Redwitch, if I am you partner, :pray:I love that Vintage Hues. Great site and yarn. May have to stop back at that site.

Now, I have to see what will all fit in my package, may need a bigger box, since my yarnee likes/wants to try bulky wt with color. Hint

Marilynn

redwitch
06-02-2007, 07:06 AM
No comment (falls on the floor sniggering with far too much glee at having a secret) I love my swapper what a sweetypie!
Sarah

snephenie
06-02-2007, 11:04 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm moving this weekend so I won't have access to my computer until Monday. If any questions or concerns arise during that time, just PM me :)

Looks like everyone is having a great time :)

robynbird
06-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Ooooo I just picked up several things for my swappee!!! Hee!!! :cheering:

threesmom
06-02-2007, 04:54 PM
I got a job today so I can afford yarn for sure now. Yeah (things were looking scary for a bit.)

:cheering:congratulations, mommag!!! I hope its a good job and works well for you!

G J
06-02-2007, 05:35 PM
I started knitting something for swap 2! I hope he/she likes it!!:whistle:

oneyarn
06-02-2007, 08:42 PM
:XX:I'm knitting on my part 2, also.

Want time to knit something else if my idea doesn't turn out like I see it in my mind....

Shandeh
06-02-2007, 08:44 PM
I'm completely clueless about what to knit....and I'm a VERY SLOW KNITTER, so I'd better pick something fast. :help:

wewantmore
06-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I went shopping today. And even bought stuff this time. :teehee:

I hope my pal likes it.

Michelle

rebecca
06-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I started knitting something for swap 2! I hope he/she likes it!!:whistle:

Me, too! Well, I'm knitting a pair of socks, have 2 more pair to do for Lonnie and then I'm going to begin knitting for him/her. I have a few things picked out, I've just got to decided what it is that I may knit! I'm going to narrow it down, then tell ya'll:cheering:

jeanius80
06-03-2007, 01:51 AM
i was going to knit something, but a simple hat or booga is all i can finish in time ( i have knitting add! ) so i am just going to send goodies :) some patterns, maybe a book and some other stuff.

kristinw
06-03-2007, 09:23 AM
I thought about maybe doing a pair of socks. But I am doing Sockapalooza so I have those socks to make too. Not sure if my pal would be interested in plain old stockinette socks. She is pretty talented so I'm just not sure. I may just do goodies and no knitting.

Eloewien
06-03-2007, 09:28 AM
I thought all was good... I would go shopping this weekend and pick stuff up... but no--- my best friend had the most beautiful baby girl saturday morning!! I guess a few more days won't be the end of the world. Her mom won't make it into town until mid-week (the baby wasn't due for two more weeks!) so I can go then :)

cftwo
06-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm managing to stay near my budget on my yarn purchase (though that is partially due to an expensive car repair which has to be done so I'll pass state inspections, so I don't have a lot of extra $ to play with). But I DO have time, so I'll make up for it with some nice goodies and knitted things for the 2nd package!!

mks22300
06-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I started knitting for the second part too and will hopefully order the yarn this week! :grin:

Quiltlady
06-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I just ordered some BEAUTIFUL yarn for my "person". I love it :inlove: myself!! She and I have the same favorite color.

I'm still thinking of what to make or buy for my part 2. Have to give that some thought.:??

jeanius80
06-03-2007, 09:21 PM
mmmm yarn! *sigh* i just went to a lys (http://www.yorkshireyarns.com/), and bought way more than i meant to, honest! i went for one type of yarn, but she didnt have the particular yarn or colorway, so i went with an alternate... plus 6 skeins of cascade 220 (http://www.cascadeyarns.com/cascade-220.asp)... and a noni pattern (http://www.nonipatterns.com/). so i bought some for you and some for me lol. i also met the gal who runs/owns the lys. so nice and friendly! yay! she does sell dream in color (http://www.dreamincoloryarn.com/pages/colors.html)...... maybe one day when i am rich i will buy lots of that yarn! the colorways are all so pretty:inlove:

redwitch
06-03-2007, 09:24 PM
I think I had a dream about this swop... I think I dreamed that mare-nitt was my sender... or jeanius or kblue.
Sarah

kblue
06-03-2007, 10:32 PM
I think I had a dream about this swop... I think I dreamed that mare-nitt was my sender... or jeanius or kblue.
Sarah

:think: Humm guess you'll have to wait and see:waving:

Bwah ha ha ha ha :twisted:

:teehee:

redwitch
06-03-2007, 11:26 PM
I think in my dream I figured out who it was... and they were not happy I had caught on. Think it was Mare-knit. I don't often dream (that I remember!). Ooh I can't wait to see what I get! I am going to try to get my package out very soon! Hopefully in 2 or 3 days... after a bit more shopping of course!!

JamOKnit
06-04-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm really not sure what to buy for my swappee since there was not a lot of information in her questionnaire....but I will just have to get the creative juices flowing and have a ball! I think if I just buy things that I know I'd like, that would be good for her as well!!! (and if a few things make their way into my stash, well, that's just inevitable, ha ha ha)

I think knitting goodies are the way to go for box #2....especially since I think I'll be strapped for time!

Sanibelle
06-04-2007, 09:31 AM
I started knitting for part 2 too. I really love what I picked out and may have to make one for myself. My swapee figured out who I am so I can't post any hints!

Leah22b
06-04-2007, 10:07 AM
:cheering::cheering: Congrats on the new job MommaG! I hope its something you will enjoy and it will pay the bills.

Rebecca Hope you feel better, and had a good time shopping!

G J
06-04-2007, 11:13 AM
I knit most of yesterday afternoon on the project for part 2. I'm so Excited! I don't think my swapee knows who I am yet! :whistle:

I'm thinking of sending a book with some yarn for part one. That's okay, right?

meearnol
06-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Man! You guys are making me feel like a total slacker! I haven't even thought about going to the LYS yet. :shifty: I should probably get on that. I have an idea of what I'll get though, because I'm a total e-stalker and have seen a few posts about some yarn my swappee likes. :teehee:

Eloewien
06-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm really not sure what to buy for my swappee since there was not a lot of information in her questionnaire....but I will just have to get the creative juices flowing and have a ball!

That's why you have their email address- you can email them and ask!

rennfamily
06-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah! I went shopping today. Got tons of great yarn. And only went a little over my budget. Also picked out a pattern for something to knit. But s/he is definitely getting more knitterly goods the second month.

VickyS456
06-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Question: If you are my swapee, what would you like me to knit for you?

I'm sooo drawing a blank here. For part 2, I think I'll probably knit something smallish-mediumish (I'm a fast knitter), and also pick up a bunch of goodies. But if I'm going to knit anything, I have to hit the LYS soon to pick up supplies :shrug:

Ideas? Anyone? :frog:

Leah22b
06-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh I have no idea what I want to do for the 2nd part yet...lol I have to finish the first part before I start the 2nd...lol

:woot::knitting::knitting::knitting::woot:

rebecca
06-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I so know what I want to knit for the 2nd part, bit time constraints play a part in which of the few things I have picked out will be "the one." I had decided that I wasn't going to knit at all, and just buy some knittting accessories, but I started looking around at reallly lovely things that I think he/she would really like, so I have decided to knit! Since we have until Aug 1 I should be able to finish "A Touch of Whimsy Socks" (yes, finally) and knit a couple more pair of socks for Lonnie and knit for my pal, I'm so excited:cheering::cheering: I will have to show ya'll when I decide exactly which one I'm knitting, then, of course, it will be a dead give away as to whether I have a guy or girl, LOL!
AND, my shopping cart is full at a certain shop waiting for midmonth payday to send this month's goodies!
I LOVE swaps:heart:

itsjustmeghan
06-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I found a great pattern for my 2nd swap gift! I think I'm going to make two so I have one too! :thumbsup:

As for the yarn? I have ideas, but no time to run to the LYS so I think I'll poke around online and see what I can find!
I wonder if my swappee knows who I am :oo:

robynbird
06-04-2007, 04:54 PM
i haven't even thought about what to knit for the second part. Yikes!!

PaperGirl
06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Ive thought and thought and thought...and I think I know what Im buying for the first month....finally!

G J
06-04-2007, 05:15 PM
I got my yarn order from LittleKnits, but decided not to give the yarn to my swapee--wrong colors! :shrug:So, of course, I had to order something from KnitPicks, and to get free shipping, I had to throw in an order for Options!!:whistle:I talked my husband into giving them to me for my birthday.:heart: He was happy to oblige--no shopping for him and I get OPTIONS!:woot:

Oh, and my swapee will be happy, too, but he/she doesn't get the options! Sorry!

Kaydee
06-04-2007, 06:22 PM
I got my yarn order from LittleKnits, but decided not to give the yarn to my swapee--wrong colors! :shrug:So, of course, I had to order something from KnitPicks, and to get free shipping, I had to throw in an order for Options!!:whistle:I talked my husband into giving them to me for my birthday.:heart: He was happy to oblige--no shopping for him and I get OPTIONS!:woot:

Oh, and my swapee will be happy, too, but he/she doesn't get the options! Sorry!

:cheering:Lucky you! You're going to love the Options!

kblue
06-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Aaaaaaaaarrrrgggggggghh I finished buying yarn for my swapee's FIRST package but i still feel....eeehhh...about it. It's just yarn and i was going to pick up some non knitting goodies to put in the box because i'm saving the knitting goodies for the second box (I don't have enough faith in my knitting yet to actually make them something). I can't post a picture here to get opinions on what you guys think because then they'll know who i am when they get the box of yarn and i still need to send the SECOND box. :wall::wall::wall: ....I'm a people pleaser...or i try to be so when i think i've done a bad job or someone isn't happy with that i did or gave I take it a little hard :help:...It's a sickness i know:teehee:

So I need someone, if nobody minds.....and you can't be my swapee DUH;-), to check out my yarn and tell me what you think. I'll PM you a picture.

Updated: Thanks Doodknitwit and jmp3775 for taking a look!!

Doodknitwit
06-04-2007, 06:39 PM
send it to me I'll check it out

mks22300
06-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Yea! Part of my swapee's package arrived today! :cheering:
I think it's so prettyful and hope you will too! :teehee:

jmp3775
06-04-2007, 06:40 PM
I'll check it out for you! PM me

jeanius80
06-04-2007, 07:41 PM

ooooh my birthday is on the 11th, i wonder if i can talk dh into ordering my options... lol :think:
i really wanted to knit a gift for the second month, but i think instead i am going to just send lots of goodies. patterns and at least one book... and some other stuff my swapee has said she has been wanting :mrgreen: i am also including some of my stash yarn ( don't worry! its new, unused and verrrrrry pretty ) cause i have too much to knit it all :teehee: and i think it will go to a very good home.... time for some math !! gotta figure out how over budget i am :rofl:

rebecca
06-04-2007, 10:17 PM

YAY for you, you will LOVE LOVE your Options. Just wanted to let you know, I'd be happy to take you Littleknits yarn since you think the color is wrong for your swap person, not even a problem:rofling::rofling:

I was just over there and noticed they have Panda Cotton sock yarn (http://littleknits.com/products.php?cat=425), how did that slip by me?! I check out that site like 4 times a week!!!!!

Oh, pal oh pal of mine, I said earlier that I wasn't sure what I was going to knit for you, now I am and it's luscious:cheering:

sig
06-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Ohh you guys have already bough yarn!!! :oo:I still have to go shopping, and make my mind on to what to buy for my pal!!! I have an idea, but im not sure... Hope this weekend i can have some time to buy some goodies! Love this swap!!! :inlove:

Nobones
06-05-2007, 04:41 AM
I've bought the yarn, and spent all weekend in my craft room, making things to put in my swap buddy's box. I had fun.

I hope she likes what I've done.

BostonBecca
06-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Wow, you guys are so organized! I have ordered the yarn for my swappee's first box, but need to get to a LYS to get some additional goodies for it. I think it is going to have to be knitting goodies for the second box for me, because I am confident enough in my knitting to give it to family, but a perfect stranger, who is another knitter? I am not so sure.

I know she has kids however, so I think there are some good knitting books I can get her, and she could exchange them if she wants different ones or has them herself, not to mention some fancy knitting tools to spoil her. Moms don't spoil themselves enough for all the work they do!

I would love to try and make stitch markers for her, I have to go to the hardware and craft stores on the main island to see what I can find on my day off.

The people who are your swap partners are very lucky, all you super organized people! I am so overwhelmed by the generosity and love for other knitters shown in this thread.

BTW, the person who has me is amazing! They already know what they are knitting me, and I really do need to get them the measurements they asked for today! Amazing, I tell you!

BostonBecca
06-05-2007, 09:04 AM
BTW, I now know what it is like not to have a LYS near you.

My one LYS on Martha's Vineyard is a short ferry ride away and then a 25-30 minute drive depending on traffic. It's a nice LYS but pretty small. I miss all the stores in Boston.

cftwo
06-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Someone should be getting a package in the next few days. :happydance: I hope the someone likes it. :angelgrin:

Vicky456 - you asked about ideas on things to knit for your swappee (who isn't me, I know). Hand warmers? Scarf? One of those felted things for carrying a cup of Starbucks coffee? (I've seen patterns at Knitpicks) A tea cozy? :rofl: I've seen patterns for knitted necklaces, too (Berocco's site has a few free ones.) Something that doesn't require fitting, since you don't want to tip off your swappee. I have a book of patterns at home for knitted throw pillows. A felted bag, if you have the time and budget for it, would also be nice. A felted oven mitt?? Browse through some accessories books and see what strikes your fancy. I think I listed enough so that my swappee has no clue what I might make for him/her. :mrgreen:

itsjustmeghan
06-05-2007, 09:48 AM
I just ordered yarn for a secret someone!!!:oo::cheering:

i also ordered some for myself....:yay:

jmp3775
06-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Just took advantage of RamWools 25% off sale. Got the yarn for package #1! Sale is today and tomorrow people- 25% off EVERYTHING!

threesmom
06-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Wow - so many of you are so together and organized! There are some pretty lucky swappees out there! I have orders out to Little Knits and Knitpicks - and am going to look for more today .... but I sort of bought en mass. You know, some for me (since I'm placing an order ANYWAY), some for you, some for the first box, some for the second's project - which I just changed my mind about again. So I think I'll have to lay it all out and then pick the ones I think my swappee will like best. But I have NO idea when these things are coming!
I'm pretty psyched about starting the knitted part though - it looks like it will be fun to do :happydancing: - I've been watching my swappee's posts, and was just inspired ;-).

VickyS456
06-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the ideas, Colleen :)

G J
06-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Just wanted to let you know, I'd be happy to take you Littleknits yarn since you think the color is wrong for your swap person, not even a problem:rofling::rofling:

Oh, you thought I didnt' like the yarn?:roflhard: No, it's colors my family loves, but my secret pal specified OTHER colors. I really want to get something my pal will love, and I found a blog of his/hers that had some wants listed...:woot:

I'm SO GLAD that what I'm knitting for him/her are colors he/she will LOVE!!:balloons:

robynbird
06-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Great ideas! Oooo I'm so excited! :)

marykz
06-05-2007, 12:26 PM
I am putting my box #1 together and all the sudden I had a senior moment.

Do we reveal ourselves in box #1?

My Post Office gets nervous if you try to send a package without a return address/ name.

(boy do I want to keep this yarn for myself!!! pal, I sure hope you like it as much as I do!)

Sorry if I am especially dense today.....

G J
06-05-2007, 12:32 PM
I was told the reveal is to wait until pkg 2! In fact, I'm going on vacation and will send from.... somewhere, just not HOME! bwahahahah:roflhard:

PaperGirl
06-05-2007, 12:46 PM
OMG! Hahahahaha! Such a good idea!

robynbird
06-05-2007, 02:48 PM
In other swaps I've done, I have put the receiver's address as the senders also. That way your name/address isn't on the package. :)

Kaydee
06-05-2007, 02:59 PM
In other swaps I've done, I have put the receiver's address as the senders also. That way your name/address isn't on the package. :)

That's a good idea, I too was wondering what to do.

kblue
06-05-2007, 03:01 PM
My Post Office gets nervous if you try to send a package without a return address/ name.

I just mailed out my yarnee's package today!!!!!!! I hope my person likes it. When i mailed it out i just put my return address but not my name because if in case something is wrong with the my package i want the post office to be able to send it back to me.

WOW I'm REALLLLLY nervous about my 1st package.

Swapee i hope you like it!!!!!!!!!!!!:aww:

VickyS456
06-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Mine will be a dead giveaway. There are only 2 of us, I believe, participating from The Netherlands. I should give it to my girlfriend to mail when she goes on vacation next week ;)

Nobones
06-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Wow people are getting there parcels out quick! I've ordered something for my person that is going to take a week. It will be out by deadline though.

Secksiebrat
06-05-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm hoping to go shopping this coming weekend. If not it'll be the following. I hate not having a yarn store close. The closet one is 45 miles away! Which isn't a big deal, but it is these days b/c of the gas!

LOL

Sokay, my swapee will love it all I'm sure!

~danielle~

superduper secret knitter
06-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I am disguising myself.

I have not heard from my knitter. I would really like to start shopping. :tap:

misstialouise
06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
I have a couple of ideas for my swapee... We have a big festival in late June and they do gorgeous handspun wools in wonderful colours... but I have a backup in case they don't have anything suitable.. Not that the backup is an easy find either.. LOL...

I'm going well.. aren't I??

As for part two.. well.. I'm all on top of that.. it will be a related item, rather than something knitted.. because I have far too many projects on the needles that I have to get finished first... but the related item/s will be v.cool :D Well... *I'd* want to get it... LOL

pandaca
06-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for clarification on the mailing thing. I was wondering if we were supposed to reveal on the first package, too.

redwitch
06-05-2007, 11:31 PM
Oh boy I just made a great discovery of lots of stuff I coudn't get before and pretty cheap too!!! I have spent $100 NZ on my person's wool (guilt icon) I feel bad because you guys in the States cruise dozens of websites, there will be an amazing deal somewhere on the kinds of things your swappee likes so the selected price range gets them a lot more!! Also I don't know how to make the second box worth $50 as I was planning to include a knitted item but who knows... I think I will make the first box worth a wee bit more and the second a bit less. Maybe a knitted item + a bit of extra wool or some other goodies. But not too much more shopping. That 'one for you, two for me, one for you, three for me' really gets to the wallet after a while.

Sarah

jeanius80
06-06-2007, 12:02 AM
oh redwitch!!:rofl: i have the same problem.. i over bought.. so some that i bought i am going to knit, since i am pretty sure she will like the colors...and include some goodies to make it in the right price range :mrgreen: i am casting on... oh tomorrow i think :teehee:

Eloewien
06-06-2007, 12:14 AM
Must... wait... till... payday! I want to go shopping, but I should really wait until Friday- then I hope to get the package out on Monday if I can. I can't wait! So many choices... so little time!

VickyS456
06-06-2007, 03:05 AM
I need to pick up a few more bibs and bobs and then I'm sending my package out by weeks end. It can take anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks to get to the country I'm sending to... so I want to get it out ASAP.

I also heard from my Secret Knitter again and she's so thoughtful. She is going to make me something for part two and asked if I'd like to felt it myself. I've never felted before (on purpose :oops:) so having the opportunity to do it myself will be like instant gratification :cheering: I can't wait to try felting! Yay for my SK!

sig
06-06-2007, 03:22 AM
I think im going to have a problem... i think im the only one from spain!!! so my pal will know who i am with the first package... well... :shrug: Theres nothing i can do about it... hope she likes it!!! :pray:

kristinw
06-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Bought some sock yarn at The Loopy Ewe (http://www.theloopyewe.com/) last night! And I've bought some other yarn and some goodies too. I think I am over with my $ so I may put some of it in package #2. Or maybe I'll keep it! :teehee:

jeanius80
06-06-2007, 11:24 AM
:cheering:my swapper emailed me!! yay! she asked me about goodies i like... so i think i am getting some yummy chocolate with my surprise yarn :biting: i am hoping at least some of my yarn for my swapee will show uptoday! i wanna pack it up and send it out asap ... shes far away:shifty:

PaperGirl
06-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Wheeeeeeee! Ive got a surprise trip to Ft. Worth tomorrow! And there are YARN stores there!

Yay! Shopping for my pal!

rebecca
06-06-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm ready to send my Pal's yarn, too!!! But, alas, I need the money to do it (darn that!) so I must wait until mid month payday! But, that doesn't stop me from beginning the knitting!!! Oh, and I've picked out such lovelies to knit for my Pal!!

Kaydee
06-06-2007, 01:42 PM
I just tracked my yarn order for my pal and its already in MA!!:cheering: I'm crossing my fingers that I'll get it today if not hopefully by tomorrow!

BostonBecca
06-06-2007, 03:14 PM
The yarn I ordered for my swappee is shipping today! yay! I also went to a store and got some goodies for the second package. I got some yarn I know they will love for the second package and I don't think I will knit it up. I think they would enjoy the experience of this yarn more if they get to try it themselves.

I did get a book for them.

JamOKnit
06-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Since I know my swappee is a relatively new knitter, I have some great ideas for goodies and tools to send in package #2, all the little things you don't know you need until you start knitting!

I'm planning on shopping this weekend for package #1...can't wait to pick out some beautiful yarns!

Leah22b
06-06-2007, 04:16 PM

I think I know what I'm doing for my second thing, but I will have to wait and look for yarn after I make the pattern.:woot:

This is sooooooo much fun! My pal's package should go in the mail in a couple of weeks.

meearnol
06-06-2007, 05:22 PM
I just found out my LYS is having a great sale! EVERYTHING is 30-50% off!!! :happydance:

I bet you all know where I'm going this week.

jeanius80
06-06-2007, 06:12 PM
i got some swappee yarn i ordered today! as well as some of the goodies! i also picked up a magizine i think she will like.... tonight i dye, and wait for the rest.. then, swappee. in the mail with your first package!:happydance:

JamOKnit
06-06-2007, 07:50 PM
:muah::inlove::cheering:HOORAY! HOORAY! HOORAY!!!!!!!:cheering::happydance::thumbsup:

Am I the first to receive my first package?

I got two glorious skeins of bee-you-tee-ful soft pink Jaeger Matchmaker merino sock yarn from my secret swapper!!! She also sent a cute note saying she was going for "quality" not "quantity", and she got it right on the money! The yarn is SOOOOOO soft and will make my second pair of socks ever a JOY to knit!

Thank you thank you thank you!!! I love it! :cheering::cheering::cheering::muah::muah:

jeanius80
06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
:cheering:yay for you! yummy sock yarn:heart:

wewantmore
06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
:woot:I sent out my package today :woot: I sent out my package today. :woot:

But I had put it all nice and purdy in boxes and such and the Post Office didn't have a box to fit it in. So I had to use one of their boxes. :nails:

So swapee, sorry it's not as purdy as it should be. But package 2 will be. :teehee:

redwitch
06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh dear...I just realised I have spent more than U.S. $90 just on stuff for the first package. I will have to make the second package mostly knitted stuff? Or include some very cheap stuff (cheap as in find a good deal, not cheap as in K-Mart).
I have got my list of potential swappers narrowed down to 3 or 4 likely suspects.

Sarah

snephenie
06-07-2007, 01:05 AM
LMBO @ "not as in K-mart"

redwitch
06-07-2007, 01:33 AM
I was going to say 'as in The Warehouse' but realised you guys don't know what that is. It's like K-Mart but even more so, each shop is an actual warehouse with huge steel roof miles overhead, no ceiling, concrete floors etc. Not that they don't have good stuff, I like shopping at the Warehouse and K-Mart sometimes, but I'm going to look for a good deal on something decent rather than something cheap and nasty. And some other handmade knitting stuff = staying nearly on budget! No hints as my victim will figure out who I am from postage.
Might include some Antipodean choccies too...

VickyS456
06-07-2007, 03:41 AM
I have got my list of potential swappers narrowed down to 3 or 4 likely suspects.

LOL! Me too! I think that's half the fun trying to guess who it is and trying to maintain a secret identity for your own swapee.

I'm heading out in a few and will pick up the last little things I need and my package, hopefully, will go out tomorrow! :happydancing:

Shandeh
06-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Oh dear...I just realised I have spent more than U.S. $90 just on stuff for the first package. I will have to make the second package mostly knitted stuff? Or include some very cheap stuff (cheap as in find a good deal, not cheap as in K-Mart).
I have got my list of potential swappers narrowed down to 3 or 4 likely suspects. Sarah

All Sarah's yarn are belong to SHANDEH! :teehee:

redwitch
06-07-2007, 07:20 AM
I hope to post it tomorrow so you'll find out soon Shandeh! I'm sure that whatever you receive will be lovely. Especially so if you receive from me of course, but even if you receive from someone else I am sure there will be lots of wonderful and carefully chosen goodies inside your package. Mmmm...

Leah22b
06-07-2007, 09:16 AM
You could always do what I did and keep some of the stuff bought for the first package and put it in the 2nd one.

:figureditout: I've finally decided what I'm makeing for the second item and if I don't screw it up it will be really cool! :woot::woot:

Now I have to wait until tom and search for the right yarn.:woohoo: more yarn shopping!

BostonBecca
06-07-2007, 09:20 AM
I think I know who has me. It's been fun watching her posts. I know I will receive amazing things from them, but I kind of hope I am wrong just to sustain the sense of mystery!

michellebreton
06-07-2007, 09:25 AM
How are you guys even beginning to narrow down who has you? I haven't the foggiest notion...so secret swapper...your secret is still safe from me!

Michelle

BostonBecca
06-07-2007, 09:33 AM
My swap partner has a UK hotmail e-mail address. Therefore, I deduced she is in the UK (that one wasn't very hard). Then, I cross-referenced, in my head, the e-mails I was receiving and answering and the information contained within them and the subject matter, and this person's posts, by date. I can't help doing this stuff, it's just in my brain to look at these kind of things and draw inferences from them.

Then again, I kind of wish I was able to just go along not paying attention to these clues at all. Wouldn't make me a very good public defender, however, now would it? It's still a way too overactive, obssessive person who does what I did.

I'm so excited to see whether I am wrong or right!

jeanius80
06-07-2007, 10:03 AM
bostonbecca- you crack me up! i have no clue who has me... i can't even remember what i ate yesterday, let alone keep track of who posts what! (i keep blaming it on 'mommy brain' syndrom:rofl:) ican't wait to find out who has me. i am sure i'll be found out though, no good at being sneaky. but i try! :mrgreen:

swappee------ i got some yarn to send, but i am waiting on some more yarn. then i can send it all. or i could send it in two seperate packages .for the first part...lol that would be fun. i am sending a 'sampler' pack :happydance:

Kaydee
06-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I couldn't even begin to figure out who has me, they've given me no clues and nothing anyone has said here has tipped me off either. You're good secret pal...very good.

I'm crossing my fingers that I'm going to get my yarn order today...when I tracked it this morning it said that it left the center in Northboro, MA so hopefully it'll be in Boston this afternoon!! Then I just have to figure out some goodies for my swapee...I'm heading to Maine this weekend so I may pick up some treats there!

KathyinCali
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
I don't have a clue as to who has me. I love surprises so this is fun

Opinions...The yarn for my swapee is in hanks. Do you wind them for your swapee before sending? Thoughts?

robynbird
06-07-2007, 11:50 AM
I should have my yarn today!!!!! I'm soooo excited. :)

meearnol
06-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Kathy - I don't know about anyone else, but I would rather get the hanks than wound balls. I like the way the hanks feel.

wewantmore
06-07-2007, 12:33 PM
I'd rather get Hanks too.:wink:

kblue
06-07-2007, 12:42 PM
I wind my own yarn into center pull balls but if i were to GIVE yarn to someone i would just leave it as is (hank, skein, etc.) I just think it "looks" more pretty/presentable(sp?) that way;-)

Kaydee
06-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I wind my own yarn into center pull balls but if i were to GIVE yarn to someone i would just leave it as is (hank, skein, etc.) I just think it "looks" more pretty/presentable(sp?) that way;-)

I agree...I think its looks better as is and then the person can decide what they want to do with it.

KathyinCali
06-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the input. Hanks they are!:thumbsup:

Leah22b
06-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I have a few ideas of who has me..... I'm keeping a spread sheet that I'm entering notes into. I have a better idea of who doesn't have me though...lol :roflhard:

Kathy I've been told that you don't want to wind yarn until youre ready to use it, so I'm leaving it as it comes.

BostonBecca
06-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Leah, I didn't make a spreadsheet, but I did take the list and check who was from the UK.

The list was so small, I didn't need a spreadsheet, otherwise I might have excel-ed it up.

This is what happens when I don't have anything to do. I make lists for myself and obsessively organize. Do I throw anything out? Of course not! That would be less to organize!

itsjustmeghan
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
so i have a ball winder, but not a swift.
any suggestions on a make shift swift to wind any hanks if i get them? i like the way a hank looks too, and i think winding the ball fluffs the yarn, so i like to do that right before i stitch. i just usually wind mine at the lys. my lys actually suggests winding it 2 times if you can do that. swift into ball, then ball into ball 2. it's livens up the fibers.

a swift is on my list of things i should probably eventually buy, but i always end up getting myself some more yarn with the money. :rofling:

jeanius80
06-07-2007, 02:23 PM
kathy--thats a good question. i think i would ask them if they have a ball winder first. i know some knitters like to keep the yarn as-is until they are going to use it. i like mine in cakes, takes up less space. if i am not going to be using it soon, i cake it kinda loose so i dont stretch the yarn while it waits. but i do have some still in hanks cause i am so slow that its going to be quite a long time until i get to them:pout:

Sanibelle
06-07-2007, 02:27 PM
any suggestions on a make shift swift to wind any hanks if i get them? i like the way a hank looks too, and i think winding the ball fluffs the yarn, so i like to do that right before i stitch. i just usually wind mine at the lys. my lys actually suggests winding it 2 times if you can do that. swift into ball, then ball into ball 2. it's livens up the fibers.

a swift is on my list of things i should probably eventually buy, but i always end up getting myself some more yarn with the money. :rofling:

I have great directions to make one if you want to try. My DH made one for me like this:

http://www.knittingnotionsonline.com/

The directions are for the one similar to the one next to their name on the top of the page.

PM me with your email address if you are interested in the directions and I will email them to you. Very easy and just a couple dollars for the wood.

Leah22b
06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Leah, I didn't make a spreadsheet, but I did take the list and check who was from the UK.

The list was so small, I didn't need a spreadsheet, otherwise I might have excel-ed it up.

This is what happens when I don't have anything to do. I make lists for myself and obsessively organize. Do I throw anything out? Of course not! That would be less to organize!

Hehehehe I made the sheet with everyones name then I wrote Not Mine next to everyone who said something that made me think they weren't mine. It was much easier with the early postings when I know my pal hadn't received my email yet....lol

By the way Becca are you 100% sure someone else didn't open a uk email account to fool you? :shrug: it is possible after all. :twisted:

marykz
06-07-2007, 04:17 PM
By the way Becca are you 100% sure someone else didn't open a uk email account to fool you? :shrug: it is possible after all. :twisted:

:roflhard::thumbsup:

too funny!

My swapee may have been tipped off, but I don't know who has me- and I'm sooooo curious!

kristinw
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM

I don't have a swift either. I use a lampshade. Just unscrew it a little bit so it spins and you can drop the hank right on there! It works great. Even better than having DH hold it!

G J
06-07-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't have a swift either. I use a lampshade. Just unscrew it a little bit so it spins and you can drop the hank right on there! It works great. Even better than having DH hold it!
Ingenious!:woot: I ususally hold the hanks on my feet or lay them carefully on the sofa next to me. A spinning lampshade would go much faster!:cheering:

BostonBecca
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
I am not sure they didn't open a UK e-mail account just to fool me! It would be very sneaky and awesome if they did!

Kaydee
06-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I am not sure they didn't open a UK e-mail account just to fool me! It would be very sneaky and awesome if they did!

That would be very clever!

pandaca
06-07-2007, 07:24 PM
You guys are cracking me up trying to figure out who your swaper is. I don't have any idea, and I'm pretty sure my swapee doesn't know I have her, too.

I was planning to do my yarn shopping this week, but I've been stuck home with bronchitis so I'll have to hit the LYS this weekend.

Doodknitwit
06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
well I'm working on the gathering of goodies :blooby: I'll be mailing it soon :poke: I don't know if my recipient knows her sender or not.. I kinda figured out who is sending to me :poke: by emails addresses
:yay:

Sanibelle
06-07-2007, 08:37 PM
well I'm working on the gathering of goodies :blooby: I'll be mailing it soon :poke: I don't know if my recipient knows her sender or not.. I kinda figured out who is sending to me :poke: by emails addresses
:yay:

Gee I wonder who you have!!!!:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

misstialouise
06-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I have most of the bits and pieces for both parts of the swap...

I just have to sort a few details and assemble a few things.. :D

Yarn will be sent on July 1st ;)

redwitch
06-07-2007, 09:38 PM
Okay now I am more sure... I have one major candidate. I would normally advise you to ask your victim whether they have a winder and prefer hanks wound up for them, but if I did and you asked, they would think 'hmmm I must have her.' So how about this: anybody who does not have a ball winder and would prefer their balls to be wound if their sender has a winder, send an e-mail to let their person know whether to wind the balls for them or not?
I am going to send an e-mail to my swoppee asking them if they would like their balls wound up or still in hanks. Please some of the rest of you do the same just so Kathy can ask her recipient the same question without it identifying her as Kathy to the victim!

Sarah

rebecca
06-07-2007, 10:43 PM
LOL, I'm with Pandaca, ya'll are cracking me up, too, trying to figure out who has your names! I think a great part of the fun is not knowing until the very last day! I don't even try to figure out who has me.
BUT, I will tease the person that I am gifting with my decisions for the last month..... I will tell you this, I (hope) to knit something for you from this page (summer IK) (http://www.interweaveknits.com/) and this page (http://interweaveknits.com/backissues/SP_07.asp) (spring IK) Hope you LIKE!! You will now have to wonder which things I've chosen! And me.....hope:blooby: that I knit fast enough ;)

jeanius80
06-07-2007, 11:10 PM
rebecca i was just browsingmy new interweaves.. all so pretty!:heart: i want to try to knit the spiral boot socks, and a few of the cotton tops! what a lucky swapee you have :inlove:

Curly_Toot
06-08-2007, 12:59 AM
wow - i had no idea some of y'all were so ingenious trying to figure out who your swap parter is!!

Crackin me up!!

And OMG i cant believe some of you have sent out your packages already... crap i better get a move on being overseas my package could possibly take up to two weeks to get to its destination so i hope to have the last of my stuff done this weekend!

yay!

redwitch
06-08-2007, 01:23 AM
I have just sent off my package ($43 postage ouch!). I took out a bit of wool to include in the second one because how disappointing to get it all at once! That would leave not much for the second package. Don't fear swoppee because as well as the rest of the wool and anything else you request I will include something knitted and some other knitting stuff handmade by the lovely redwitch! (if it works out). Also swoppee I know we are supposed to stick to our limits because those of us who don't go overboard might feel guilty otherwise about sending only what they signed up for. But shopping for you is a pleasure and it's not expected of everyone to spend a bit extra! It's purely a sign of my lack of willpower. And I will be a bit more sensible with the second package, it will certainly be lovely but not quite so spendy. Well that's what I think at this early stage. We'll see how that works out. Hopefully overall I will be close to $100 US total plus time invested!

And I apologise for the packaging but what with international travel and all I was worried some yummy stuff might get broken and the wool could get wet (not likely but possible... maybe...) so I packaged it in a very utilitarian way but rest assured you will like what's inside!

With affection, and
Yours sincerely,
the Red Witch of Aotearoa

P.S. Everyone please include a piece of paper inside the package on top with the recipient's address because posties sometimes don't get things where they need to go and if the label is unreadable for any reason it might need to be opened, like your luggage where you put your contact details inside in case the labels fall off and they can't identify the owner! Just in case... what a shame if any of the lovely wool being sent around got lost and languished inside a warehouse with no loving knitter rescuing it!!

wewantmore
06-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Both my parents work for the post office and I also have 3 aunts that work there as well.

I always have a card in the box with the mailing address.

I did forget to put in the cute little note I had. :doh::doh:

Doodknitwit
06-08-2007, 09:22 AM
this is so much fun:woohoo::yay:

Leah22b
06-08-2007, 09:38 AM
I just love the lampshade idea... :notworthy:

The address on the inside is awesome. I never though about that. Thank you! :notworthy:

Becca those patterns are wonderfull! I must get the latest mag. soon. I love them all... well almost. Please tell us your not going to knit the Thong... that would be just too strange...:roflhard:

Feel better soon Amanda! :hug:

rebecca
06-08-2007, 10:05 AM
I

Please tell us your not going to knit the Thong... that would be just too strange...:roflhard:

Feel better soon Amanda! :hug:

Well, Leah, I'm heartbroken:---, I am knitting the thong :---and I have you :---as my pa:---l, do you mean you don't want them?! I've knit 10:--- :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

LOL, yeah, it's NOT the thong!!!!

wewantmore
06-08-2007, 10:25 AM
OH man, *I* was hoping to get the Thong. :nails:

KathyinCali
06-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Okay now I am more sure... I have one major candidate. I would normally advise you to ask your victim whether they have a winder and prefer hanks wound up for them, but if I did and you asked, they would think 'hmmm I must have her.' So how about this: anybody who does not have a ball winder and would prefer their balls to be wound if their sender has a winder, send an e-mail to let their person know whether to wind the balls for them or not?
I am going to send an e-mail to my swoppee asking them if they would like their balls wound up or still in hanks. Please some of the rest of you do the same just so Kathy can ask her recipient the same question without it identifying her as Kathy to the victim!

Sarah

Thanks Sarah! :hug:

Kaydee
06-08-2007, 12:34 PM
My yarn for my pal just came!! I guess I ordered more than I thought. Once I get goodies, I'm going to need a bigger box than I thought. I'm shopping for extras this weekend, so pal I'll be sending your box out sometime next week!:cheering:

Leah22b
06-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Well, Leah, I'm heartbroken:---, I am knitting the thong :---and I have you :---as my pa:---l, do you mean you don't want them?! I've knit 10:--- :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

LOL, yeah, it's NOT the thong!!!!

:thud:

Fhhhhhheeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

syndactylus
06-08-2007, 04:20 PM
I bought all the yarn!

but maybe I won't get it for a long time.
or maybe I will get it Monday.
maybe I will wait 3 weeks to send it!
or maybe not.

who can say.

G J
06-08-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm still waiting for some of mine:nails: but I know it's been shipped! :woot:
Y'all are so FUNNY about trying to figure out who has you! SPREADSHEETS!?!:noway: I don't think my pal knows who I am yet...:whistle:

jeanius80
06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
I bought all the yarn!

but maybe I won't get it for a long time.
or maybe I will get it Monday.
maybe I will wait 3 weeks to send it!
or maybe not.

who can say.
:rofl:
umm same here
:think: and swapper, dont worry, your secret is safe with me. i have no clue who you are:shrug:
still waiting on one more order.. but one did come in today! it's so pretty:heart: i think you will like it swappee...
:whistle:off to fondle yarn that is only visiting me...

Nobones
06-08-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't know who my swap person is yet. whoever she is she is really sweet, and has a cold at the moment so

Get Well Soon Swap lady!

The person I've got, so far (keeps fingers crossed) doesn't know who I am, so that's good.

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah! You guys with the spreadsheets remind me of my sister Zip! She used to always read the ending of a book BEFORE she read the beginning. You are all SPOIL-SPORTS! :teehee:

I have NO idea who my partner is, and I want to KEEP it that way.....until the end.
:muah:

(I guess it's just a difference of personalities. You guys are probably having a BALL figuring out who your partner is, eh?) :wink:

rebecca
06-08-2007, 04:49 PM
OH man, *I* was hoping to get the Thong. :nails:

Okay, :--- thongs for :--- everyone! I'll :--- get right on that :--- been knitting :--- thongs all day :--- what's wrong with knitting :--- a few more thongs :---

OH, I've ordered my pal's yarn....I'll give ya'll a clue......

it's yarn:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: