PDA

View Full Version : Summer Swappers (Swappers & Swappees Assigned)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Leah22b
06-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Becca you crack me up...:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

I just put in an order for my yarn for the 2nd part... woohoo... I love kpixie.com.... Yummy yummy yummy

And Yup I'm haveing a blast trying to figure it out...:woot:

Mostly the spreadsheet is or will be for who has received packages.:woot::woohoo::woot:

My pal's package will go out before July 1st. :teehee: :twisted:

Nobones
06-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Plain yarn or funky yarn?

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 05:36 PM
No funky yarn for me please! :teehee:

jeanius80
06-08-2007, 05:50 PM
No funky yarn for me please! :teehee:
just for that i think we should all send shandeh a ball of funky yarn.... :ick: i am sure i have an extra ball of 'fashion' yarn :teehee:

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 06:03 PM
:pout: Poor, poor me.. :pout:

:wink:

itsjustmeghan
06-08-2007, 06:28 PM
:oo: uhhoh...all i bought was fashion yarn...is that so wrong? all the sparklies.....i was going to knit a fabulous glittery thong! :roflhard:

i just got back from my trip out to shop for swap goodies. i have some neato stuff in store for my swappee...not all of it will be knit items! :shifty:

Doodknitwit
06-08-2007, 06:41 PM
amen sista... been there :eyes: done that:hair:

Doodknitwit
06-08-2007, 06:42 PM
:chair::roflhard::blooby:mee toooooooooo

Doodknitwit
06-08-2007, 06:47 PM
I am kinda clueless on the partner in crime for this swap :eyes:
I remember as a child finding Santa's gifts by accident and oohhhh I was so disappointed on Christmas morning.....cause I knew already
:waah::pout::crying:

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 07:00 PM
I remember as a child finding Santa's gifts by accident and oohhhh I was so disappointed on Christmas morning.....cause I knew already:crying:
I did the SAME THING! :pout:
I was looking for an extension cord, and found a Barbie Jeep in the back of the closet. My mother didn't believe me when I said I wasn't looking for my hidden gifts either. I was SO broken hearted!
:waah:

pandaca
06-08-2007, 07:21 PM
The yarn I ordered for my swapee shipped today (along with an equal amount for myself, naturally)! And I ordered a custom-made goodie for part 2 of the swap! I really, really can't wait to see how it turns out!

itsjustmeghan
06-08-2007, 08:05 PM
grrrr...the yarn i ordered still hasn't shipped yet!
:poke: helloooo!!!! yarn people!!!! i have a swap i need to be getting on with!!!

robynbird
06-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Well, I thought I'd get my yarn yesterday but it was shipped yesterday. Now I'm trying to figure out what to send/make for the 2nd part. Hmmmmm.....

robynbird
06-08-2007, 08:23 PM
What kind of knitting goodies are people putting in their packages??

syndactylus
06-08-2007, 09:22 PM
grrrr...the yarn i ordered still hasn't shipped yet!
:poke: helloooo!!!! yarn people!!!! i have a swap i need to be getting on with!!!

I wrote notes in all my orders explaining why I needed it shipped Right Away. (because a couple of them I've never ordered from before, so just in case. you know.)

they probably think I'm insane.

but that's ok.

BostonBecca
06-08-2007, 10:08 PM
My yarn shipped for the first part, and I already have the yarn for the second part. I am working on the materials for stitch marker making for the second box. I have the beads and the pins but I can't for the life of me find a good source for toggles!

I am on Martha's Vineyard too, and there are NO JoAnn's or Michael's or anything like that anywhere on the island. The closest thing is this really fancy (read: expensive) bead store that MIGHT carry some, but I bet they are solid gold or someting and cost $100 a piece, which I would not use for stitch markers. Even my jewelry doesn't cost that much!

Anyone know of a good source for toggles online?

If I can't order them I just might wait until I go off island in a week and a half to make a mad dash to a JoAnn's or something.

robynbird
06-08-2007, 10:42 PM
I couldn't find a decent amount of toggles at the Michaels or Joanns store here. I bought some at Walmart but only got about 16 at that for $1.88.

rebecca
06-08-2007, 10:50 PM
Becca you crack me up...:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

I just put in an order for my yarn for the 2nd part... woohoo... I love kpixie.com.... Yummy yummy yummy

And Yup I'm haveing a blast trying to figure it out...:woot:

Mostly the spreadsheet is or will be for who has received packages.:woot::woohoo::woot:

My pal's package will go out before July 1st. :teehee: :twisted:

Oh YEAH, BABY!!!!! KPixie ROCKS!!!!!! I so LOVE that store:blooby:LOL, of course, I'm sure someone will notice that I love most all yarn shops, LOL!

clb1968
06-08-2007, 10:57 PM
I am waiting for my order to get here, it shipped on 6/4, I need to pick up a couple of things locally and then I can send the first part and I will keep working on the second. I did not even think about knitting a thong, what's wrong with me:?? off to check out that pattern:roflhard:

misstialouise
06-09-2007, 05:34 AM
I have no interest in finding out beforehand who my swapper is.. :D And I hope my swappee is happy to live in ignorance until she gets my package :D

itsjustmeghan
06-09-2007, 07:54 AM
i have to say i'm SO SO pleased with how something for the second box turned out, i wish i could send it in the first! because it's :muah: perfecto!!!

Sanibelle
06-09-2007, 08:26 AM
My yarn shipped for the first part, and I already have the yarn for the second part. I am working on the materials for stitch marker making for the second box. I have the beads and the pins but I can't for the life of me find a good source for toggles!

I am on Martha's Vineyard too, and there are NO JoAnn's or Michael's or anything like that anywhere on the island. The closest thing is this really fancy (read: expensive) bead store that MIGHT carry some, but I bet they are solid gold or someting and cost $100 a piece, which I would not use for stitch markers. Even my jewelry doesn't cost that much!

Anyone know of a good source for toggles online?

If I can't order them I just might wait until I go off island in a week and a half to make a mad dash to a JoAnn's or something.

Here is my favorite source for beads and findings:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/

There prices are great and they ship very quickly. I have never waited more than a couple of days for anything I have ordered from them.

kristinw
06-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Oh YEAH, BABY!!!!! KPixie ROCKS!!!!!! I so LOVE that store:blooby:LOL, of course, I'm sure someone will notice that I love most all yarn shops, LOL!

:teehee::teehee: I have noticed that you do say that about most shops! :roflhard:

mks22300
06-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Got another part of my swappee's first package...I'm still awaiting the most important part of all...the yarn!
The knitting for the second part is going very well and I feel pretty confident that I will have it done for that package. :cheering:

robynbird
06-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I have no interest in finding out beforehand who my swapper is.. :D And I hope my swappee is happy to live in ignorance until she gets my package :D

Me too misstialouise! :) I love this secret stuff!! :cheering:

aineepooh1
06-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Well.. i am starting to feel like a bum b/c I haven't even STARTED looking for my swappee's yarn yet.. I do however have an idea of what I want to get for them but I haven't even darkened the door of LYS or HL, Joann's or Michaels yet... :aww: I will have to address this issue next week since my birthday is rapidly approaching... and then it will be ALL ABOUT ME~!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::clink: right?????:passedout:

rebecca
06-09-2007, 11:57 AM
:teehee::teehee: I have noticed that you do say that about most shops! :roflhard:

LOL, that is so true, what can I say :shrug: I'm a yarn ho, I mean lover!

BostonBecca
06-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the toggle help!

jeanius80
06-09-2007, 01:07 PM
:shifty: ugh... i have just about everything for the first and second package. but then i got sick yesterday/today and so now i don't feel like knitting :pout: but never fear! plenty of time to finish the knitted portion of the 2nd swap ... maybe i will some tonight. :ick:

marykz
06-09-2007, 02:48 PM
:shifty: ugh... i have just about everything for the first and second package. but then i got sick yesterday/today and so now i don't feel like knitting :pout: but never fear! plenty of time to finish the knitted portion of the 2nd swap ... maybe i will some tonight. :ick:
hope you are feeling better soon- take care of yourself!

JamOKnit
06-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Yay! I just finished shopping online for yarn for my swappee....I think I did well and picked a variety of nice things in colors that she likes....and of course, had to add a few things for myself in the order to get the free shipping, tee hee tee hee! :lol::roflhard::happydance:

I think you are going to be very happy with package #1, swappee!! :inlove:

itsjustmeghan
06-09-2007, 08:52 PM
just got my shipping confirmation on someone's yarn!
:woohoo: :balloons: :happydance:

can't wait can't wait can't wait!!!

robynbird
06-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I got the yarn today for my swappee!! YAY! I need a couple more things and then I'm going to send it. :)

G J
06-09-2007, 11:03 PM
I got mine today too!:woot: Someone will be happy!!:woohoo:But when will I send it??? I'll not tell!:whistle:

itsjustmeghan
06-10-2007, 08:00 AM
can i just tell you how excited i am about this whole swap thing? it's my first one, and honestly, the anticipation is such a fun feeling to have! like it's a special little holiday, just for me!
a knitting christmas, if you will.
i just wanted to thank snephenie again for organizing this. :muah::heart::hug:
i LOVE LOVE LOVE it! and i can't wait for my first package to show up in the mail. i feel like a kid again because getting mail is fun again! :happydancing:

rebecca
06-10-2007, 08:21 AM
ditto meghan!!!

robynbird
06-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Me too, Meghan!! :)

BostonBecca
06-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I ordered the toggles finally for the stitch markers. I found a pretty good place to get them. There were 50 for $15, so 30 cents for one if anyone else is looking for toggles or beads.

I got them at beadbuddies.net.

Kaydee
06-10-2007, 06:25 PM
I got all my goodies for my pal this weekend and packed everything up for them. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the post office this week to get it. Its going a long way, so it might take a little while to get to you pal.

pandaca
06-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow, I can't believe how many people are ready to send out their packages! I have most but not all of the yarn for my swapee, but I feel like I'm behind the curve.

jeanius80
06-10-2007, 07:54 PM
:ick:still sick... and still waiting for my last order... :poke:still haven't sent my 1st package either. i did buy some things to make stitch markers though.. but i don't think i can make really cool ones. i hope she still will like them.:shifty:

kristinw
06-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Wow, I can't believe how many people are ready to send out their packages! I have most but not all of the yarn for my swapee, but I feel like I'm behind the curve.

I'm not even close to ready to mail my package yet, so don't even worry about it! I'm sure mine will go out right near the deadline. It's hard when I'm waiting for yarn from a few different places. Although I have considered sending a teaser package because I do have some of the yarn now!! :teehee:

kristinw
06-10-2007, 08:39 PM
:ick:still sick... and still waiting for my last order... :poke:still haven't sent my 1st package either. i did buy some things to make stitch markers though.. but i don't think i can make really cool ones. i hope she still will like them.:shifty:

I hope you feel better soon :hug:. I have a nasty cold right now too. Blah!

jeanius80
06-11-2007, 12:32 AM
I'm not even close to ready to mail my package yet, so don't even worry about it! I'm sure mine will go out right near the deadline. It's hard when I'm waiting for yarn from a few different places. Although I have considered sending a teaser package because I do have some of the yarn now!! :teehee:
:mrgreen: Kristen i was thinking about sending half my 1st package too... think she would mind?:teehee:

misstialouise
06-11-2007, 04:01 AM
Just wondering.. how many Aussies are participating in the swap?

redwitch
06-11-2007, 05:23 AM
I think all American beside me (Kiwi), two from the Netherlands, maybe 2-3 Aussies, and probably a couple of Brit/UK people.

sig
06-11-2007, 06:04 AM
and one from Spain!!!!

misstialouise
06-11-2007, 06:04 AM
Cool.. I was jsut wondering how many southern hemisphere'rs there were :D

redwitch
06-11-2007, 07:54 AM
I would just like to say that my swopper is a darling, she has kindly agreed to order some extra hanks for me and include them in the package as I can't get them here, if we can figure out the best way for me to get the extra money to her. Very kind. Also I was guessing about her identity before and now I am not even sure she was in the top 3 or 4 I had listed. I am pretty confused now. I am even more keen for the end of the swop so I can find out who she is! Thank you swopper!

Leah22b
06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Here is my favorite source for beads and findings:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/

There prices are great and they ship very quickly. I have never waited more than a couple of days for anything I have ordered from them.

I love :inlove: there stuff and they are soooooo fast and Cust. Svs. is great!

Sanibelle
06-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Well I have everything ready to send. But I think I am going to wait another week. My swapee figured out who I am so now I am going to make her wait for her package!!!!

rebecca
06-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Well I have everything ready to send. But I think I am going to wait another week. My swapee figured out who I am so now I am going to make her wait for her package!!!!

LOL, that's funny, she is going to be sad now that she figured out who you are, ya'll are too much!:roflhard:
I never try to figure out who has me, that's part of the fun!

G J
06-11-2007, 10:41 AM
I have NO idea who my secret pal is and I don't think mine knows who I am!:woot:

Whoever has me, I'll be out of town from June 21-July 7, so either HURRY or take your time!

I'll send mine from my vacation destination (maybe:whistle:) so my secret pal will have NO IDEA where I'm from!!!:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

ADAllen
06-11-2007, 11:21 AM
You no longer have to feel like slackers! I have just ordered my yarn. My poor secret pal, her package is going to be coming in just under the wire. Hopefully the second package will make up for my lateness. I'm not going to knit anything, and I didn't get her any knitting goodies:oo:. I just got back this morning from my 3 week tour of Europe, so my Secret Pal is going to get souvenirs for a knitter. Hopefully she'll like them, and it was a great excuse to drag my husband though all the cute little shops everywhere we went:cheering:. Now if I can just manage to wait a month to send it out :teehee:

robynbird
06-11-2007, 11:32 AM
I wasn't going to knit anything, but then I saw a cute pattern I simply couldn't resist and an idea popped into my head! I can't wait!! :)

Momto G B and H
06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
My goodies arrived for my swapper today. I'm thrilled with what I was able to purchase with my limit.
I'm going to add a few more things and get it sent soon.

itsjustmeghan
06-11-2007, 08:30 PM
that's brutal on making your swapee wait because they guessed you! :roflhard: i love it!
fortunately for me, i have no clue who mine is!
i'm off to check the tracking on my goodies for my swapper! i wonder if they'll be here soon?

Doodknitwit
06-11-2007, 08:57 PM
oh that's mean!! :poke: guess you don't know yours yet...:eyes:
this is so much fun!!!:yay:

syndactylus
06-11-2007, 09:22 PM
that's brutal on making your swapee wait because they guessed you! :roflhard: i love it!
fortunately for me, i have no clue who mine is!
i'm off to check the tracking on my goodies for my swapper! i wonder if they'll be here soon?

how do we know you're not just saying that to get your yarn sooner? hmmmm?

not yours, though.

jeanius80
06-11-2007, 09:44 PM
feeling better :happydance:got some knitting done too... last order still not here. i am going to send the 1st package anyway, and just include the lone yarn in the 2nd package. i'm sure my swappee will be happy still :mrgreen:

robynbird
06-11-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm glad your feeling better jeanius80! I have been knitting a lot lately and hopefully will send my first package this week. :)

VickyS456
06-12-2007, 03:28 AM
Jeanius80, I'm glad you're feeling better! :muah:

Lyn, OMG you are too funny!!!! :roflhard:

I have my package sitting here and I plan on mailing it on the way to take my daughter to pre-school :thumbsup:

Leah22b
06-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Hehehehe I still couldn't even guess. I've only knocked about 15 people off my possibilities list, and I'm not even 100% sure of a few of those.:woohoo: What fun! I love puzzles. :woot:

It's like Christmas morning and trying to guess what it is in all that wrapping paper...lol I get to hound the mail carrier again as well. She is really starting to think I'm crazy. She doesn't have many people on her route that go out to meet her and ask if she has any packages for them today...lol :woot: :woohoo::woot:

Kaydee
06-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I have my package with me so I can stop at the post office after work! I think it'll take a while for my pal to get it since its going pretty far. And I practically wrapped whe whole box in tape, so my pal is going to have a fun time trying to open the package up!:teehee:

rebecca
06-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Jeanius80, happy you are feeling better, too!

Ya'll are so funny, I will not state if I have sent my package or when I will send my package, no news coming from me, I'm a vault. LOL, or so I'm trying to be?! I may very well crash and burn and reveal myself by signing my name to my swapper's card, who knows?!

meearnol
06-12-2007, 11:40 AM
It's only June 12th and the anticipation of getting my first package is KILLING me! This is so much fun. You guys are too funny, and it cracks me up reading about all of you trying to figure out who has you. I can tell you that I haven't got a clue who has me.

KathyinCali
06-12-2007, 02:22 PM
:chair:I keep falling off the thread. Saying hi to add myself back:happydance:

Quiltlady
06-12-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm still waiting for my goodies to arrive from where I placed my order. I hope it gets here soon.:pray: I'm sure my package will be sent out on time tho.

I guess I'm one of the "quiet" swappers. I've very talkative in person...not so when I don't really know the person. But I'm trying.:lol:

kblue
06-12-2007, 02:41 PM
I'm having so much fun with this swap :cheering:. I wonder if my swapee received their yarn yet??? I haven't heard from them :??....Oh my GOSH :shock: maybe they didn't like the yarn :shock:DON :shock:DON :shock:DON (the daunting sound)....J/K :mrgreen:. I love whomever it is that has me we've exchanged a few emails and they're awesome. They're starting to make me wonder who they are....:think:....:shrug:.....:teehee:

michellebreton
06-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Well I just came back from my LYS with some yarn for.......my swapee! And, I'm so proud of myself, nothing for me. Just don't look at the box from when I ordered for my swapee the first time. :whistle: Anyhoo...I hope to have it shipped by the end of the week!

Michelle

Secksiebrat
06-12-2007, 03:45 PM
I will be shipping my pals stuff this week! So hopefully she will have it very soon! :)

~danielle~

SecretSwapper
06-12-2007, 04:18 PM
I've been having so much fun sending my swapper notes.

I've got some pretty yarn from Webs for my swappee.

Pandas would be very happy with it.

Leah22b
06-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Woohoo... My pal said she sent my package... :thud:Now I have to wait for the post to arrive. :woot::woot::woot:Well in a few weeks....

I'm trying not to hound the postal worker...lol

marykz
06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
ooh! I got an email saying my package is in the way!!! Yay! Thank you secret pal- you really brightened up my tough day!!! This swap is so much fun. and my package is almost ready to go out to my pal... a certain LYS near my Mom is having a SALE and I'm visiting her, and the shop, Friday morning to see if there's anything my pal "needs"!

mare-nitt
06-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Haven't been on in awhile, just getting over being sick, yuk!:pout:

Seems, everyone on here has had it, must be a swapper bug going around. But I am on the mend, even managed to send my 1st package out on Saturday. Can't wait to hear, hope my swapper likes everything. I know I did.

Now, the hunt for items for package #2. Oh no, more shopping! :cheering:

Marilynn

PaperGirl
06-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Ingenious!:woot: I ususally hold the hanks on my feet or lay them carefully on the sofa next to me. A spinning lampshade would go much faster!:cheering:

I tried it on my feet and wound up getting looks from my dh like I was crazy, then he asked me if I washed my feet first. :fingerwag:

PaperGirl
06-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I am still anxiously (eagerly) anticipating the package with the goodies for my swappee.

Im SO excited! I FINALLY went to an honest to goodness REAL YARN STORE last week...but I didnt buy my swappee ANYTHING from there. :roflhard: It was all about me, baby!

But Im going back for my birthday...and maybe some things for her will find their way into my basket...:angelgrin: Along with the nummys that Im still waiting for...

clb1968
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
[quote=PaperGirl;877375]Im SO excited! I FINALLY went to an honest to goodness REAL YARN STORE last week...but I didnt buy my swappee ANYTHING from there. :roflhard: It was all about me, baby!

Ok, Papergirl. I know you came up to my area so what LYS did you go to ?

PaperGirl
06-12-2007, 06:26 PM
I went to Yarn Heaven. :drool:

She had all sorts of stuff I wanted to buy right then and there. Hemp, and Lornas Laces, and Tofutsies, and even some made from corn...DH thought that was pretty cool.

I just bought myself some bamboo...it was just calling me! And I cant NOT answer the call. It would be rude. :fingerwag:

Kaydee
06-12-2007, 07:44 PM
I sent my package off this afternoon!:happydance: The postage nearly killed me, 25 bucks...eek!!:shock: Well pal it should be getting to you in a week or so, I hope you like it!

wewantmore
06-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Mine cost over $20 to ship. Quite crazy.

robynbird
06-12-2007, 08:09 PM
How is everyone shipping theirs? Delivery confirmation? Return receipt? Priority????

itsjustmeghan
06-12-2007, 09:09 PM
i think i'm going to do priority if i can, just because i know i love tracking numbers! isn't it a standard price?
i have a usps account, so i guess i'll just investigate it once the yarn gets here....
and hopefully, it'll be here this week..... :nails:

if shipping is going to be that much, this turns into an expensive venture....between overspending on yarn for someone else....and then spending on yarn for myself.... :teehee:

rebecca
06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
How is everyone shipping theirs? Delivery confirmation? Return receipt? Priority????

Not :fingerwag: saying, I know nothing! I reveal nothing :fingerwag:
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard::roflhard:

marykz
06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
I always ship priority with delivery confirmation. in the USPS there are flat rate boxes that you ship for one price, no matter how heavy. They may not be pretty, but they are effective!

http://www.usps.com/all/shippingandmailing/23daypackages.htm
Flat rate boxes are $8.95 and are available in two convenient sizes, 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" and 13.625" x 11.875" x 3.375".

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductCategoryDisplay?beginIndex=0&pageSize=10000&langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10152&categoryId=13354
you can even request that your postperson deliver empty boxes right to your house! Free! (the boxes are free- the rate above is the flat shipping rate to anywhere in the us)

hope this helps!

orcoastknitter
06-13-2007, 04:53 PM

Carrier Pigeon

kblue
06-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Carrier Pigeon
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

rebecca
06-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Carrier Pigeon

:roflhard: That is a good one :roflhard: LOL!!!

Sanibelle
06-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Look what I got when I came home from work today. Do I have the best swapper or what. I love everything that she sent. :muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::muah: Thank you so much - you are the best!!!!

Any ideas of what I can make?????

Here are some pics:

kblue
06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Yay pictures of goodies!!!!!:cheering::happydance::cheering: :happydance:

:heart: :inlove: :heart:OoOoooOOOo So Pretty i love the colors :inlove: :heart: :inlove:

itsjustmeghan
06-13-2007, 07:28 PM
:mrgreen: :shock:
i'm SO jealous! beautiful colors!!!
i need to check my mail still after the tot goes to bed!!!

wewantmore
06-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Oh yay the pictures are starting. You got some mighty purdy stuff there.

Michelle

itsjustmeghan
06-13-2007, 09:19 PM
:happydance:i got someone's yarn in the mail today!!! :happydance:
some is for me! some is for...:oo: ooop! can't say! :teehee:

psammeadred
06-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I got my yarn today! Thank you Pal!!! Now I just have to decide what socks to make first...:??

letah75
06-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Hi all, I haven't posted in a while, but I ordered my yarnee's yarn today. Who are you? Well hopefully I've successfully kept my identity a secret, because I am going to share what I have bought:

Elsebeth Lavold :: Hempathy #7:: yarn (not gonna tell the color)

WOTA

Palette

and......well, some other yarn!!! There will also be other gifts/goodies in the box for my secret pal.....

Who is my pal? Only the shadow knows.......Muaahahahahahahaha

Shandeh
06-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Look what I got when I came home from work today. Here are some pics:
OK now, Sanibelle....Why are some of the yarns pictured with the label facing down? You KNOW we're gonna ask what BRAND they are!
:tap:

I got my yarn today! Thank you Pal!!! Now I just have to decide what socks to make first...:??
Cherry Tree Hill and Opal Sock Yarn! :passedout:

jeanius80
06-14-2007, 12:29 AM
:inlove:such beautiful yarns! love the blues and greens pretty pretty:heart: i've got to dye tonite :happydance:cause i think ihave tile to rip up tomorrow:pout:

rebecca
06-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Cherry Tree Hill and Opal Sock Yarn! :passedout:

Not only CTH and Opal, but I see my very favorite sock yarn in the middle, I'm talking the Bentley of sock yarns, my friend, :notworthy: Schaeffer Anne!!!! Needless to say, I'm having a serious case of sock yarn envy!

Oh my Oh my, nice haul, Sanibelle!!!! Another serious case of yarn envy!!

Oh boy, now I'm really looking forward to my surprise!!! I hadn't been thinking about it all of the time, now that we are beginning to see pictures, I'm going to begin stalking delivery people, LOL!:blooby::blooby:This is fun!!:blooby::blooby:

rennfamily
06-14-2007, 06:45 AM
OHH Love the prettys Sanibelle!

And the sock yarns, TOO fabulous!

ADAllen
06-14-2007, 07:20 AM
wow that blue is gorgeous! :drool:

Nobones
06-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Oh photo's! This is exciting, it's nice to see other peoples parcels and watch their enjoyment.

I've got a few more bit's and pieces. One of the things ordered will go in the 2nd box because it won't arrive in time for the first.

I haven't heard from the person who has me in a while, but when she emailed me last she had a cold so I hope she is feeling better.

robynbird
06-14-2007, 07:40 AM
Carrier Pigeon

:rofling:

robynbird
06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Sanibelle you got some awesome yarns!! YAY! Love pictures. :) :cheering:

robynbird
06-14-2007, 07:42 AM

Awesome sock yarns! As a sock knitting newbie, I've never used any of those. Can't wait to see what you create. :)

Leah22b
06-14-2007, 09:03 AM
:cheering::cheering: Oh what lovely yarns you both got! :inlove: them!

Oh I can't wait for my package... :woohoo::woot: this is sooooooo much fun!

JamOKnit
06-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Gorgeous yarns! Have fun making socks with that yummy stuff.

To my swappee....I'm just waiting on a package from a particular place and then I'll be sending out your package from my particular hometown....hope you'll like everything!!!

Kaydee
06-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Yea, people are starting to post pictures!!:cheering: This is the best part seeing all the great goodies everyone gets! My pal emailed me this morning and said they sent out my package so I'll be excitedly waiting for it to come. My pal is super sneaky and has discovered lots of info on me. Good job pal, you've been doing your homrwork. I seriously have no clue who they could be and now I'm very interested to find out!

marykz
06-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Look what was waiting for me today when we got back from the Nature Center!!! I love it all- Cotton Twist, Oh My, and Cotton Cable, all in such beautiful colors. My pal was so thoughtful to include a little present for my daughter (who looooooves craft projects) and a little note pad! Thank you Pal!! MKZ (ps the note card is cute- love the knitting motif)
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1213/548414855_d82c4e1d25_d.jpg

Leah22b
06-14-2007, 02:08 PM
Oh how nice!:woot::woot: People are getting such nice packages.... Yummy Yummy I like cottons and the project for your daughter is sooo sweet. :thud:

rennfamily
06-14-2007, 02:13 PM
OK I'm totally being mean to myself. The mail man just delivered a package. It has to be from my swap partner since we haven't ordered any thing in awhile. But I'm making myself finish my work before I go look. 12 more reports to go. Someone say a prayer that the rest of them are little and not huge like the last 9 I did.

meearnol
06-14-2007, 02:13 PM
Wow, all of the yarn everyone has been receiving is awesome! I love all of it. :inlove: I would tell you if I've sent my package out, but that might give it away, and I'm trying my darndest to be a sneaky swapper.

I haven't heard from my swapper in 2 weeks. I don't know who you are, but I hope you're okay!

marykz
06-14-2007, 02:52 PM
OK I'm totally being mean to myself. The mail man just delivered a package. It has to be from my swap partner since we haven't ordered any thing in awhile. But I'm making myself finish my work before I go look. 12 more reports to go. Someone say a prayer that the rest of them are little and not huge like the last 9 I did.
Wow! you are being so strong!!!!! hope you can crank out all 12 files... I have 3 more to go today myself.... good luck!

Kaydee
06-14-2007, 03:05 PM

That is being mean to yourself. I don't know how you can stand the torture. I'd be :wall:

Leah22b
06-14-2007, 03:29 PM
:thud:Oh my... just thinking about that package in the other room would make those reports just drag... on and on... I couldn't stand it. I'd have to go look then put it right near my reports so I could feel the yummmmmmmmmy yarn while working on the reports...lol

:notworthy::notworthy: You have more will power then I do... thats for sure!

marykz
06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I'd have to go look then put it right near my reports so I could feel the yummmmmmmmmy yarn while working on the reports...lol!

Is this the time to admit I'm sitting here at my computer, trying to finish my reports, while feeling up my new yarn? the Oh My is so soft I keep patting it..... :blush:

ADAllen
06-14-2007, 04:02 PM
wow that is self control... I got a KnitPicks package at lunch and I HAD to open it even though I know exactly what is in there... you're amazing.

Kaydee
06-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Is this the time to admit I'm sitting here at my computer, trying to finish my reports, while feeling up my new yarn? the Oh My is so soft I keep patting it..... :blush:

:teehee: Its better that way, I'm glad you gave in.

PaperGirl
06-14-2007, 05:33 PM
I just ordered some yarn....and BOY...its it gonna be HARD to give it up. :inlove::drool::roflhard:

rennfamily
06-14-2007, 06:09 PM
I am so in :heart: with my SS!! Did I ever get a great SS. Look at the load and I mean LOAD of yarn and goodies. MMMM I'm loving the pineapple lumps. And my son just wants to pull out the mohair yarn since it's so soft!!

rebecca
06-14-2007, 07:01 PM
How wonderful!!!!!! Everyone's getting such nice goodies, it's all very exciting and such fun seeing what everybody is getting:blooby::blooby:

Quiltlady
06-14-2007, 07:48 PM
I received my order for my SS in today's mail. So that means I can get her package together. That's all I'm saying.:cheering:

snephenie
06-14-2007, 07:54 PM
YAY!!!! Look at all the yarn lovliness!!! ;)

jeanius80
06-14-2007, 08:32 PM
:inlove:love it! more and more yarn p0rn! :woot: i am thisclosetomailingmy1stpackage. :mrgreen: tomorrow or saturday. oh, and i am gonna track this cause it's in for a big trip :teehee:

Curly_Toot
06-15-2007, 03:23 AM
I got my package today!!
:happydance::cheering::happydance:

Woohoo! more Yarn P0rn coming right up!
http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5118/smallul2.th.jpg (http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smallul2.jpg)

its three balls of Debbie Bliss Merino Aran in red, and four balls of Cats Super Mohair in blue.

i reckon i'm going to try a lacy shawl with the mohair and fetching with the debbie bliss.

Thankyou so much Swap Buddy its fantastic :muah:

Nobones
06-15-2007, 06:22 AM
:woohoo:My swap partner emailed yesterday to say she'd posted my first package! :cheering: I'm so excited. She asked a lot of questions to now I'm baffled what she's going to do for the 2nd box!

She did give a tiny clue on her identity, she's from the US! Now all of you who are taking part if you are in the US raise your hand! :teehee:

As long as I find out in the end, I don't mind the mystery.

rennfamily
06-15-2007, 07:47 AM
As long as I find out in the end, I don't mind the mystery.
I'm right there with you. I actually had DH bring my box in since it looked like rain and he said who do you know over seas. I screamed at him to take the label off so I wouldn't know what country my package was from. I want it to be a suprise. So all I know is that it's someone over seas.

wewantmore
06-15-2007, 08:49 AM
But have you opened it yet????? I need more yarn porn.

Loving all the pictures so far. Can't wait to get mine in the mail. I just stare at the mailman everyday looking/waiting for him to open his door to walk up a package. He must think I'm nuts. Oh well, I am. :teehee:

rennfamily
06-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Yep I did. I posted a pic but there's more in depth pics on my blog.

wewantmore
06-15-2007, 09:38 AM
:aww:

I totally saw those pictures too. :doh:

Well the FedEx man just totally freaked me out.

He stopped in front of the house so I RAN downstairs to get the package. But to my surprise it was only the arm to our couch that was to be shipped to Sofa Express for them to repair for us. So now I have an arm to my couch and a racing heart thinking it was yarn. :rollseyes:

rebecca
06-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Lovely, lovely yarn, Curly!!!!

robynbird
06-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Oh my goodness! All this yarn is making me drool. LOL

KathyinCali
06-15-2007, 10:52 AM
:wall::wall::wall:I just noticed in my e-mails with my SS my auto signature was on....Darn it! I hope she didn't figure it out! Everyone's packages are so beautiful :)

Leah22b
06-15-2007, 11:23 AM
:aww:

I totally saw those pictures too. :doh:

Well the FedEx man just totally freaked me out.

He stopped in front of the house so I RAN downstairs to get the package. But to my surprise it was only the arm to our couch that was to be shipped to Sofa Express for them to repair for us. So now I have an arm to my couch and a racing heart thinking it was yarn. :rollseyes:

Awwwwww :hug: Michelle sorry you got psyched out by the sofa...

:teehee:

Oh more pretty yarn... that looks sooo soft. I'm loveing it all!

Kaydee
06-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Oh man, I'm getting more excited by the minute! All these people getting packages. I hope mine gets here soon.

Leah22b
06-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh I just have to share.... I was entering payroll and in walks one of our employees with a big box.... It's not pink so its not from my swap pal... then he asks who do I know in New Zealand.... :thud::passedout:

Squeeling... its my spinning wheel... It's early:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I want to go home right now and put it together...:woot::woot:

ADAllen
06-15-2007, 01:31 PM
I've been distracted in my yarn envy by how completely cool my swapper is! She's been sending me e-mails and I'm loving getting to know her (even though I have no idea who she is:??). I'm excited about my new knitting friend!

traceleighj
06-15-2007, 02:02 PM
I am super excited that my box is just about ready to send out! I hope my SS likes her package! I even have most of the second box.....but alas, I am off to the LYS agian, so who knows what else I may find....

I have only heard from my person once, I replied to the e-mail....hope you got it whoever you are!

threesmom
06-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Okay, so how pathetic is this ...
JUst now, I heard the sounds of a large truck coming down the road, dogs barking announcing someone's approach, truck starting to slow ... and I thought, could it be??? Could it be UPS with a package from my swapper??? OOOO ....!!!!!!!!!
:aww: But no, twas only the ...
trash truck......:verysad:

Kaydee
06-15-2007, 02:15 PM
My pal sent me an email saying my package is at my house as we speak!!!:cheering::happydance::woot: They must have been tracking. I'm not going to be able to make it through the rest of the work day without thinking about rushing home.

PaperGirl
06-15-2007, 02:45 PM
My swapper is the sweetest! She emails me almost everyday! She sounds like someone that I would get alone great with IRL.

Leah22b
06-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh Katie good luck makeing it through the rest of the day! I hope your not a mid-shifter.

Oh the antisipation...:cheering::hug:

mare-nitt
06-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Everyones stuff looks so goog so far.

My swapper only emails me once a week, but that is enough, her emails are short and sweet, not to much information exchanged, but real nice.

I figure she doesn't want to give herself away. But she is wonderful, an inspiration.:happydance:

Sent my package off awhile ago, can't wait to hear the response on the recievers end.

Marilynn

Kaydee
06-15-2007, 06:10 PM
I had to pick up my package at the PO this afternoon, and I ran home to open it finding some beautiful yarn. The yarn w/o a the label is this (http://www.soysilk.com/bamboo.html). I love it all, thank you pal!!!!:muah::hug:

Doodknitwit
06-15-2007, 06:14 PM
sweet baby!!!! :blooby: you got a haul of yarn Renn!!! :woohoo:

jeanius80
06-15-2007, 06:22 PM
beautiful yarn again! which bare is that from kp? i just dyed some of the superwash/nylon (sock) yarn, and some of the wool/silk ! yummm!

robynbird
06-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Beautiful yarn!! I really want to try that bamboo! :) :cheering:

rebecca
06-15-2007, 08:12 PM
SWTC Bamboo is very yummy! As is Misti Alpaca lace, that is the red yarn, yes? Everything is delish!!!

Kaydee
06-15-2007, 09:34 PM
beautiful yarn again! which bare is that from kp? i just dyed some of the superwash/nylon (sock) yarn, and some of the wool/silk ! yummm!
Its the Bare Merino Wool...so nice and soft. I can't wait to try out my hand at dying, I've been wanting to but haven't gotten a chance yet.

SWTC Bamboo is very yummy! As is Misti Alpaca lace, that is the red yarn, yes? Everything is delish!!!

Yes, the red is Misti Alpaca. I've never used it before but it feels so nice!

The other blue one is Berger du Nord Belle. Silk!! I've never worked with 100% silk before. I'm in for a treat when I pick out projects to make with all of this!

wewantmore
06-15-2007, 09:35 PM
:inlove:

More yarn.

Man I'm so jealous.

robynbird
06-15-2007, 09:46 PM
:inlove:

More yarn.

Man I'm so jealous.

Me too! :inlove:

Doodknitwit
06-15-2007, 09:59 PM
we all are jealous...

jeanius80
06-15-2007, 10:13 PM
we all are jealous...
us over here too ... well, more just excited that ppl are recieving yarn!:happydance: mine is getting mailed tomorrow. i think i am in for sticker shock :zombie: from the usps

syndactylus
06-15-2007, 11:10 PM
I want to know who has me!
the suspense is killing me.

VickyS456
06-16-2007, 03:52 AM
Last night, my Secret Pal sent me a pattern I've been wanting :heart: She's SUCH a tease! LOL!

Thanks, Pal! You're the greatest :muah:

JamOKnit
06-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Oooh, swappee, you are in for a treat! Your yarn arrived today and I just HAD to fondle it for a while before I packed it up for you. :inlove::drool::cheering:

It should be on its way in the next few days! I hope you like it!

oneyarn
06-16-2007, 06:00 PM
:happydancing:Doing the "HSD" (happy swap dance). My secret swapper emailed and said she is getting ready to send yarn my way.

It is going to be a good week....

G J
06-16-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm so jealous! Last I heard my swapee hadn't shopped yet!:waah: And I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday! Of course, I could give him/her my vacation destination address (hint, hint). Let me know if you want it, whoever you are!

jeanius80
06-16-2007, 09:25 PM
yay for surprises vicky! lucky you :) i am such a pattern ho:teehee: i have more patterns than i could probably ever knit!

hi swapper!:waving: just to let you know, i'll be camping the last week of june, so if you don't hear from me quick-like ... its cause i'm out in a tent trying not to get eaten alive by nasty bugs!!

rebecca
06-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Ohhh, yeah!!! Patterns are a great idea, too!!!! Very nice!

Quiltlady
06-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I sent out my Swappee's package today!!! I hope she post when she gets it. :cheering:

snowbear
06-17-2007, 10:03 AM
I'm finishing up my shopping today.. but I haven't heard from my swappers... I haven't heard from who has me or who I have in 3 weeks!.. I've sent emails but no response.

I'm a bit paranoid, lol

robynbird
06-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I finish up yesterday and will be boxing it all up today. :) I'm so glad...I want to get it mailed. :cheering:

jeanius80
06-17-2007, 12:58 PM
i wanted to mail my package yesterday, but it didn't happen. so now i have to wait until monday. my swappee will probably figure out its me since i think i am the only one from my town lol maybe i should mail it from somewhere else....

G J
06-17-2007, 11:18 PM
I heard from my swapper.:woot: She's going to send the package to my vacation destination (AKA parents' house). YAY!!!:cheering: I'll have it for my birthday.:balloons:

Ya'll DO know why we have fireworks, don't you? I was born the day before and was SO CUTE, the WHOLE NATION had to celebrate!:balloons:

Oops. I guess that would I'm over 200 years old. There are days I feel it, but it's NOT EVEN CLOSE, so DON'T EVEN GO THERE!!!

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

JamOKnit
06-18-2007, 09:06 AM
Happy early birthday, GJ....but I'll do you one better....I was actually born on the 4th of July! (cue movie references here) :star::present::balloons:8-)

My mom always told me I was special since everyone around the country celebrated my birthday with fireworks.... little did I know....:roflhard:

robynbird
06-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Aww I missed the 4th of July by 25 days! :(

My swapper emailed me and sent my package!!! :cheering::happydance::thumbsup:

Kaydee
06-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Happy early b-day GJ and Jam!

It seems like lots of people will be getting packages soon. I can't wait for more pics!!:happydance:

G J
06-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, Happy Birthday to you, too Jam!:balloons::present::yay:
And to the rest of us July birthdays!! :balloons::present:WE ROCK!!:present::balloons:

Nobones
06-18-2007, 11:05 AM
I got the final items for my swap box today so will be mailing it soon. I really hope my partner likes it, I suddenly feel very nervous in case she doesn't. I'd really hate for her to be disappointed. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Leah22b
06-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh
Everyones packages look great! Such lovely yarn! :woot: I can't wait for mine to arrive.

marykz
06-18-2007, 11:21 AM
I went to the post office today- now I can't stop checking delivery confirmation!!! LOL- I only went 2 hours ago- why isn't it there yet?!!!!

itsjustmeghan
06-18-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm hoping to get mine all packed up and shipped this week. I know I'll be checking the tracking number constantly! Meanwhile, I'm going to be running home to check my mail each day because my package is on it's way!
I know what you mean about being nervous. I'm still scared there isn't enough in my box....maybe I'll add some more in this week before I mail it!

aineepooh1
06-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Jeanius 80~ You're kiling me~" Im a pattern ho'~!":rofling::rofling::rofling::rofling::rofling:

oneyarn
06-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Found a box today to pack up my swappee's yarn. Hope send it flying away soon. So keep your eyes to the sky.....:shock:

Kaydee
06-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Someone's going to be getting a package soon!!

clb1968
06-18-2007, 08:29 PM
I got a package! I got a package!

Be back in a bit with some pics.

meearnol
06-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Katie, you totally lured me in with that picture. I thought I would be able to see if I was the lucky recipient, and then I saw the address. You sneaky thing! :roflhard:

kristinw
06-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Katie, you totally lured me in with that picture. I thought I would be able to see if I was the lucky recipient, and then I saw the address. You sneaky thing! :roflhard:

Me too!!! What a clever tease!! :roflhard:

clb1968
06-18-2007, 09:01 PM
I got 10 of the knit picks cotlin in desert turuoise, and the pattern for the Ballet Camisole, 3 of Gigi , the pink party type yarn, will make a great scarf for my daughter, 2 of pep blocco and one cashmereno and one called Persia. I also got different flavors of cocca and a notepad and pencil case.

Thank you, swap partner :cheering::muah:

kristinw
06-18-2007, 09:03 PM
ooooh, pretty!!! :cheering::woot:

robynbird
06-18-2007, 09:07 PM
Awesome!! :cheering:

rebecca
06-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Me too!!! What a clever tease!! :roflhard:
LOL, so got me, too!!!
Nice haul, Charlotte:cheering::cheering:

itsjustmeghan
06-18-2007, 09:24 PM
i got my yarn! i got my yarn!

I got a pattern for a pretty scarf and some kp alpaca cloud to knit it with, a few skeins of KP wool of the andes for a booga bag, 2 skeins of KP Palette for some snuggly socks, and then 2 skeins of a really fun pretty purpley color Tahki Angel for a fun scarf!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance:
i can't wait to get started!!! thank you thank you sneaky secret swapper!!!!!

this is so addictive, i think next time i'm going for the gusto and join the $50 swap! hehehehe :inlove:

Kaydee
06-18-2007, 09:36 PM
I thought I might get someone with that.:teehee:

Everyone's goodies look great! I love seeing the pics.

rebecca
06-18-2007, 09:37 PM
Very nice haul!!!
Ohhhh, I have those patterns, too, aren't they gorgeous?!

itsjustmeghan
06-18-2007, 09:50 PM
Very nice haul!!!
Ohhhh, I have those patterns, too, aren't they gorgeous?!

they really are! i haven't tried my hand at lace yet! i can't wait! and the yarn for it is SO fine and soft. i can't wait to dig into it! :hug: best secret swapper ever!

wewantmore
06-18-2007, 09:54 PM
:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
WOW what great packages you two got.

Michelle

ADAllen
06-18-2007, 10:04 PM
I was looking for a green with envy smilie, but these were the only green ones I could find. :hmm::biting::mrgreen::ick: They don't quite cut it, so these will have to do :drool::woot::yay:

Shandeh
06-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Gorgeous stuff! :inlove:

jeanius80
06-18-2007, 10:38 PM
yay more yarn p0rn!! best way to end thenight :teehee: off to fondle the bamboo for dh's vest (i finaly swatched for it!) my swapper emailed me! i think i might be getting some yarny goodness this week ... :cheering:

mks22300
06-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Everyone's getting such lovely stuff! :heart:

Shandeh
06-18-2007, 10:52 PM
I've been quiet, because I'm having a HARD TIME finding the right yarn for my partner. My swap pal has very specific requests for fiber and color, and I've already looked in 3 yarn shops with no success. I'm going to try one more tomorrow, and see how it goes.
:pout:

aineepooh1
06-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Meghan~!:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::i nlove::inlove::clink:

aineepooh1
06-19-2007, 12:27 AM
Hey MY secretpal~
I haven't heard anything in a while~ WHEN will I be seeing my beautiful yarn porn~:think::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlov e:

misstialouise
06-19-2007, 01:46 AM
Well, this weekend will determine if I send my SP the yarn I already have bought for her, or if I send something I pick up this weekend...

mmmmm

Nobones
06-19-2007, 05:01 AM
I got a parcel, I got a parcel! :cheering: :woohoo:

Thank you so very much to my swap buddy for all my lovely goodies! I rarely get anything nice in the post, and this has really lifted my spirits. I love the yarn you chose for me, ohh what to make? :think: Plenty of ideas there!

The penguin is now nesting with his other new friends in my collection, and the hand creams feel lovely- I've never heard of that make but they are very soft on the skin. I'm going to love the choccies, too! :happydancing:

Your identity is still very much a secret but I look forward to finding out who you are on the 2nd box!

Here is a photo for everyone to see the lovely goodies I received this morning-

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/YarnSwapBox119-06-07.jpg

sig
06-19-2007, 05:11 AM
:passedout::mrgreen:

Nobones
06-19-2007, 05:34 AM
:teehee: tell me about it! If that's parcel 1 can you imagine what parcel 2 is going to be! :thud:

I can't stop feeling the yarn it really is so soft, hubby said he'd never seen yarn that wasn't in balls before! I can't wait to knit something up with it.

Swap buddy I hope you are having a good a day as I am!

wewantmore
06-19-2007, 08:34 AM
:thud:

Wowza that is a great load there.

Michelle

ADAllen
06-19-2007, 08:36 AM
:cheering:I've got a package in the mail:cheering:

kblue
06-19-2007, 08:52 AM
Wow everything looks so wonderful:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Kaydee
06-19-2007, 09:08 AM
Look at all this yarn p0rn!! Keep those pictures coming...I love it!

PaperGirl
06-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Oooohhhh! Such pretty pretty pretty stuff!

I cant wait to see my box!

But Im still waiting for a few things for my package to ship...

Leah22b
06-19-2007, 11:56 AM
Ohhhhhhh how pretty! I love it all!:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlov e:

:woohoo:My pal said it should be about another week before my package arrives give or take a little...:woohoo: I can't wait!

rebecca
06-19-2007, 12:26 PM
OH, everything is lovely!!!! I'm really looking forward to my surprise arriving now that I'm seeing all of the beautiful yarns ya'll are getting!!! This is such FUN!

letah75
06-19-2007, 12:30 PM
I've gotten 1/2 of my swap pal's yarn and am waiting for the rest. It should be here any day now, then, WOOSH, off to the post office with it!

itsjustmeghan
06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
i can't stop tracking my swappee's package!!!! :wall: it's like hiding in the closet waiting to jump out and scare someone! anticipation....is....killing.....me......

JamOKnit
06-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Wow!!! Everyone is getting such beautiful yarn! Don't we all have such great taste! :roflhard::inlove::happydancing:

aineepooh1
06-19-2007, 12:52 PM
NO bones~ YOU made out like a bandit~~!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :clink:

Can I come pet your yarn???:waving:

jeanius80
06-19-2007, 02:07 PM
i will be mailing my 1st box of yummy goodness today.... can't wait to see whatmy swappee thinks of everything. :happydance:

Doodknitwit
06-19-2007, 02:14 PM
wow nice!!!!!!!!! treasures...

KathyinCali
06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
How exciting to see everyone's goodies! I hope my secret pal likes what I sent her:happydance:

threesmom
06-19-2007, 05:29 PM
I'm this close to sending out my swappee's yarn - I hope she likes it! And - wow - some of the packages others are getting! Wow! Keep those pictures coming - everytime I see them, I get more excited to get mine too!
Oh, and Hi to whoever has me :waving: - just haven't said hi in a while!

Quiltlady
06-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Wow some of these packages look more like Christmas!!!:inlove:

My buddy received her package so that's good. :cheering: I'm glad the goodies made it there safely.:happydance:

snephenie
06-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Yay!!! Looks like everyone is having a blast with this!! :)

The first is approaching, so make sure you get your shopping in and packages mailed out no later than July 1st.

You guys have been a DREAM to work with!!!!! :muah::muah::muah:

itsjustmeghan
06-19-2007, 09:25 PM
thanks again to you, snephenie! you deserve a huge pat on the back, a big hug, and a basket of thanks!
you've done a great job organizing all of this for us and i think it's safe to say that everyone is loving it!!!!

kudos to you!!!:muah::muah::hug::hug::cheering::cheering:

jeanius80
06-19-2007, 09:25 PM
I've been quiet, because I'm having a HARD TIME finding the right yarn for my partner. My swap pal has very specific requests for fiber and color, and I've already looked in 3 yarn shops with no success. I'm going to try one more tomorrow, and see how it goes.
:pout:

awwww i am sure whatever you send she'll love!

wewantmore
06-19-2007, 10:14 PM
:teehee: I've decided to sew the SnB knitting needles case for my Swappee. Um, I'm not a great sewer, so I hope she likes it. I had a great time picking out the fabric. It's all cut up, ironed, pinned. Now to get sewing. Tomorrow.

Michelle

Shandeh
06-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Yippee!! I FINALLY found the yarn my swap pal wants!!!!
:cheering:

I can't believe it took this long to find it....and as it turns out, it was at MY COUSIN'S YARN SHOP! :teehee:

Cottage Yarn in Mint Hill, NC (http://www.cottageyarninc.com/)

I tell ya....I looked EVERYWHERE all over Charlotte at 4 different yarn shops. I could NOT find what my swap pal wanted. It figures it would be sitting at Cottage Yarn all this time....right down the road from my house.
:roflhard:

Leah22b
06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Yeah...Packages packages packages....mine will be mailed this week. If it hasn't already...lol:twisted: :whistle:

Ahahahah Sandi thats always the way....It always seems to be at the last place I look...lol I'm glad you were able to find what you were looking for.

Oh the Needle case sounds really neat. What a great Idea.

Secksiebrat
06-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Everyone's packages are looking so great! I'm patiently (ok I'm really impatient, but still) awaiting my package. I have sent mine and it has been received and my pal really seemed to like her stuff. Now I'm almost finished knitting her something and going to be looking for some other neat goodies to throw into the box.

I'm so proud of myself, I'm way ahead of the game this round?! :cheering::cheering:

So heres to waiting for my box! :pray::pray:

~danielle~

cftwo
06-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Guess what I got today??!! :cheering: :woot: :grin: I'll post pictures later, but got 2 kinds of beautiful yarn (enough for 2 scarves - one of which I've already decided will be MINE) and a knitting magazine which will be my treat tonight once I finish getting the last coat of paint done in the stairwell. Thank you, Secret Pal!! :muah:

G J
06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
This is my first swap and it's been SO MUCH FUN! Thanks, Snephanie, for organizing it! :cheering::hug:I'm going on vacation tomorrow, then I will mail to my swapee! :woot: I hope you like it, whoever you are!:whistle:

Quiltlady
06-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Wow...I have a great Secret Pal. She was so generous with her package to me.:muah:

I got a sweet card plus TWO hanks of beautiful Malabrigo, a large hank of Handpainted Merino Superwash Wool, a pretty pink tweed wool/ acrylic blend skein and a BIG Lindt chocolate candy bar. My what else could a gal hope for?:pray:

I have no idea who you are but I do thank you VERY much.:lol:

jeanius80
06-20-2007, 04:34 PM
is that cuarenta malabrigo? love thhe sidar too... :inlove: soo beautiful :)

Nobones
06-20-2007, 04:35 PM
It's lovely sharing everyone's enjoyment of their parcels.

Thanks to Snephenie for doing a great job. I'm having so much fun.

I've also made a prezzie for whoever has me as their partner, I can't wait to find out who she is so I can send it to her.

mare-nitt
06-20-2007, 04:39 PM
All these packages look great, can't wait to get one here.

The package I sent out should show up at someone's door any day now (although, I thought it would've been there by now!)

But everyones yarns look great.

Thanks, Snephenie for putting this swap together, great job.

Marilynn

threesmom
06-20-2007, 05:00 PM
I got mine today too! Thank you Swap Pal! :hug:

Three very lovely skeins of mmmalabrigo in vaa ... so pretty and soft - I've already been fondling it!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1297/577270187_b9e7ee309b.jpg

Quiltlady
06-20-2007, 05:37 PM
Jean, yes, it is "Cuarenta Malabrigo" hanks that I received. :cheering:The colors are not showing up as beautiful in the photo I posted as they are in person.:inlove:

snephenie
06-20-2007, 06:09 PM
I got mine today too! Thank you Swap Pal! :hug:

Three very lovely skeins of mmmalabrigo in vaa ... so pretty and soft - I've already been fondling it!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1297/577270187_b9e7ee309b.jpg

That is beautiful!!! What is the colorway??

syndactylus
06-20-2007, 06:13 PM
I was trying to restrain myself, but then my swapper informed me the yarn is on its way to her, and then there was everyone else's yarn, and now I want yarn!!!
:chair:
pretty yarn.

cftwo
06-20-2007, 06:40 PM
The photos of my new yarn:

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL589/3927808/13502296/260935132.jpg

The lovely pink/red stuff on the left is an Italian Yarn called Scheherazade. The flash obscures the name. Thanks secret pal!

robynbird
06-20-2007, 06:42 PM
It's all so beautiful!! :cheering:

meearnol
06-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I got the yarn for my swappee in the mail today. I REALLY want to keep it for myself. I've never seen Lorna's Laces in person. Must...be...strong...

mks22300
06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
Look at all the prettiful yarn! :heart:

My swapper emailed to tell me that mine is on it's way, ya! :cheering:

To my swap pal, I know you're waiting and I promise I'll get it sent out soon!

aineepooh1
06-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Looking at all this PRETTY yarn in hanks makes me want a ball winder and swift BADLY~!!:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::i nlove::inlove:
Today is ainee's Birthday and she has already told her family that she wants a BALL WINDER and her family and dear SIL said ainee might get a ball winder PLUS a swift too~!!:pray::pray::pray:
Ainee will not be able to get her Bday Presents til this Weekend~

AINEE WANTS A BALL WINDER.. !!!!:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:
AINEE WANTS A BALL WINDER !!!!!!:tap::tap::tap::tap:
AINEE WANTS A BALL WINDER!!!!!!:sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:
`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't wait that LONG ~!!!!:passedout:

syndactylus
06-20-2007, 08:47 PM
happy birthday ainee!
hope they take pity on you and hand it over now!

and you get

http://www.dominomag.com/images/howtos/recipes/hoar02_citrus.jpg!

robynbird
06-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Happy Birthday Ainee!!

pandaca
06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
:inlove: Wow, everyone is getting such beautiful goodies! :inlove:

Kaydee
06-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Happy birthday ainee:balloons::present:

clb1968
06-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Looks like I will have to hit the LYS this weekend and pick up a few extra goodies for my swapee, I ordered some stuff online and they emailed that it came back to them with a bad address and it was undeliverable! So they have to send it again, no telling how long that will take, so I will shop locally so I can get it sent out , guess I just include all that (if it ever gets here in the second box)

Shandeh
06-20-2007, 11:36 PM
That is beautiful!!! What is the colorway??
Silly Snephenie.....She TOLD you the colorway. VAA! :teehee:
(it's one of my favorite colorways) :inlove:

snephenie
06-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Silly Snephenie.....She TOLD you the colorway. VAA! :teehee:
(it's one of my favorite colorways) :inlove:

See what I get for trying to work and read at the same time!!!!

Shandeh
06-21-2007, 12:58 AM
:wink:

Kaydee
06-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Ok swappers, I've been trying to find something to knit for my second package and would like some opinions from you all. If you were my pal would you like either of these?

Hedera (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATThedera.html)
Lace-Edged Head Hugger (http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt18.htm)

I thought I'd take a sort of informal poll to get an idea withough actually spoiling it for my pal.:teehee:

charmy
06-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I got my package!!!!!

YAY Thank you secret friend! :muah:

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/496/580870580ed493e3d69qo4.jpg

Leah22b
06-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Hummmmmm.... my post is missing from yesterday!:gah: Oh well...

:woot::woot:Yeah I got my package yesterday as well... I have the bestest swapper! I got some beautifully yummy Alpaca and some equally yummy acrylic.... and the chocolates are purely sinful...:woot::woot: You probably can't tell, but they barely made it out of the box before I was ripping into them...lol:hug::inlove::hug: And nope you didn't give yourself away. I remember the comment, but not who made it and I promise not to look...:woohoo:

marykz
06-21-2007, 09:53 AM
I like the lacy one- but I'd be thrilled with either!

Ok swappers, I've been trying to find something to knit for my second package and would like some opinions from you all. If you were my pal would you like either of these?

Hedera (http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATThedera.html)
Lace-Edged Head Hugger (http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/kpatt18.htm)

I thought I'd take a sort of informal poll to get an idea withough actually spoiling it for my pal.:teehee:

Leah22b
06-21-2007, 09:55 AM
That picture didn't show the yarn very well. I'll try these...

What beautiful stash everyone is getting... Yummy!

Kaydee - I like them both! How pretty!

Happy Birthday Ainee! I hope you get your ball winder!:pray::pray:

robynbird
06-21-2007, 10:29 AM
:cheering: Such awesome packages!!! My swapper emailed me with a tracking number and EDD in tomorrow!!! I can't wait!!!