PDA

View Full Version : Summer Swappers (Swappers & Swappees Assigned)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

pandaca
07-29-2007, 12:40 PM
CLB Glad your daughter is okay!

Weebie Your hat and scarf are gorgeous!

Meghann Im sure your swap partner will love the stitch markers because you made them!

Id be in for another swap!

jeanius80
07-29-2007, 12:47 PM
i have been thinking about another swap too :mrgreen: ! i just posted my thoughts on my blog here (http://absolutejeanius.blogspot.com/2007/07/swap-idea.html). i would love to 'host' a swap!

G J
07-29-2007, 01:17 PM
:woohoo:I heard from my swap partner! She's done with summer school and will send soon. YAY!:woot:

I sent my package over a week ago. I hope my swapee got it and LOVES it, but I haven't heard!:whistle:

ADAllen
07-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Those are beautiful Weebie. Your swappee is going to be touched.

PaperGirl
07-29-2007, 02:05 PM
I cant wait to see what comes my way for the 2nd box. My swappee emailed me last Monday and told me she wasnt happy with the colors....didnt think I would like them. :heart:

Shes been SO thoughtful! I had to hide the Skittles though...my kids were trying to steal them. :roflhard:

Shandeh
07-29-2007, 02:28 PM
My partner is in another country, and I am SLOW at getting the 2nd package out. I hope she still likes me when she receives it! :pout:

jeanius80
07-29-2007, 02:43 PM
aww shandeh! i am sure your swappee will understand :hug: my swappee is in europe, so her package will get to her probably in 10 days ....

Nobones
07-29-2007, 03:25 PM
So how long do you think we should leave it before starting another swap? 1 week? 2 weeks?

I'd really like to organize it because I wouldn't be able to take part in another sap for money reasons, but would have no problem organizing it, as like I said I don't work and have a lot of free time on my hands. It would be a way of be involved somehow.

snowbear
07-29-2007, 03:32 PM
It might be a good idea to wait at least till 8-15.. to give everyone a chance to receive the boxes some are mailing Mon & Tues...

threesmom
07-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Meghann - I tried doing stitch markers for my pal too, but I'm just not sure I like how they are turning out - that and I actually want to get the thing in the mail! I'm sure your pal will like whatever you do, though - I mean, you bled for her!:teehee:

I love the scarf and hat, Weebie!

Another swap in just a few weeks!?! :yay::cheering: I'm in! This one has been so much fun. I think either of you, Nobones and Jeanius, would do a fantastic job organizing a swap. Maybe one could do the fall, and then the other be slated for the next one ... I'm assuming there will be another next one! I'd like to be able to make the offer to do one, but I'm so organizationally challenged I'd likely make a trainwreck of it!

kblue
07-29-2007, 04:38 PM
So is this next swap going to be a one month swap...just 1 box to send...or a more than one month swap...2 or more boxes to send at different times??? If it's a one time swap i think i can still join and still be ok for the holiday season. Oh ya....Swappe if you're out there i'm sening your 2nd box tomorrow so keep and eye out for it. Hope you like it.

jeanius80
07-29-2007, 11:52 PM
i'll step back.. nobones can do the next one, and i'd still like to do one after :) (our budget is short now too :mrgreen: hence the desire to participate w/o spending :lol: )

snephenie
07-30-2007, 02:16 AM
i'll step back.. nobones can do the next one, and i'd still like to do one after :) (our budget is short now too :mrgreen: hence the desire to participate w/o spending :lol: )

You guys can do one together...the pairing up takes some time...with alergies, shipping international, price ranges etc...

I really like the idea you had Jeanius!!!!

robynbird
07-30-2007, 07:20 AM
You guys can do one together...the pairing up takes some time...with alergies, shipping international, price ranges etc...

I really like the idea you had Jeanius!!!!

I was thinking the same thing. :yay:

Nobones
07-30-2007, 08:23 AM
Jeanius80 you take this one, you have it all planed out and everything.

Maybe I could do the next on as Christmas one as I have an idea for that?

BostonBecca
07-30-2007, 08:33 AM
I think that is excellent cooperation between the two of you.

Could we make the holiday swap a holiday swap and not a Christmas one?

I know most people on here seem to be members of some Christian denomination, but not all of us are.

I don't want anyone to get the impression I am offended or upset at all about this, just a small request.

Perhaps we should start a new thread about the next swap as well?

I'm excited for both of these!

Nobones
07-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm sorry I did mean to put Holiday swap, I need more coffee!

itsjustmeghan
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
:woot:YEAH!!!! MORE SWAPS!!!!!:yay:

clb1968
07-30-2007, 11:02 AM
More swaps, more shopping , more yarn
:passedout::drool::pray:

looking for a greedy smiley for all that yarn.

JamOKnit
07-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm always in for more swaps! I think next time I'll go up a bit in dollar amount....since I spent more than I was s'posed to anyway.....:happydance:

ADAllen, I'm so glad you liked your package! I wish I had time to make something for you but I thought at least I could get you some practical things for your knitting bag. And of course, a little push in the sock-making direction... :eyes: The zipped bag is great for all your little doo-dads associated with knitting...scissors, stitch markers, row counters, DPNs, tapestry needles....etc. I have one and it makes it so easy to find all that stuff in my bag!

Eloewien
07-30-2007, 11:39 AM
I was hoping to make it to the post office before work, but that's not quite gonna happen :( At least it only takes about two days to get stuff to my swapee!

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 01:10 PM
yay! ok nobones- i do the next one and you do a holiday one! so exciting .... any suggestions for the start date? i was thinking one month, sign up by sept 1, mail by oct 1? let me know, i get everything typed up so people can start filling out the questionaire and sending them to me....

Shandeh
07-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I got my package today! :cheering:

My partner is GJ. :hug:
And she has spoiled me REAL good!

The first thing I opened at the top of my box was a bag of Cinnamon Pecans. YUM!!!! :inlove:

The next thing I found was a letter from GJ, telling me all about the goodies, and a little about herself. We have a LOT in common! :wink:

After reading the letter, I delved deeper in the box, opening a nice set of KnitPicks Options dpns! PERFECT for my sock knitting. (In fact, I just cast on a pair of socks yesterday, so I quickly grabbed them and slipped all the stitches over to my new KP set!) :thumbsup:

The last thing I discovered was a BEAUTIFUL handknit poncho! Wow! I didn't know if it would fit, so I went to my hubby's cave and tried on the poncho in front of his door mirror. It fits PERFECTLY!! :)

I've been wanting a nice poncho to wear to church and out to see friends. Now, I'm SET! And the colors are EXACTLY RIGHT for me! :heart:

I'm a very happy girl. cloud9
Thank you SO MUCH, GJ!!! :muah: :heart: :muah:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1434/952599139_8e26cf2a74.jpg

G J
07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Oh Shandeh, I'm SO GLAD you like everything! I was really nervous about the poncho--not everyone likes them, but I knew you'd love the colors!:woot:And I'm SO GLAD IT FITS! Sometimes they can be too narrow to move your arms around, and as an organist, you can't have that!

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 02:09 PM
gj, what a nice package for shandeh! so thoughtful, and the colors of the poncho are very pretty :)

rebecca
07-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Oh, how very nice, Sandy! I've been eyeing the KnitPicks dpn set, too!!!
What a great swapper you had, WTG!!

PaperGirl
07-30-2007, 03:27 PM
What a thoughtful gift!

itsjustmeghan
07-30-2007, 04:11 PM
:gah:can't see pictures at work!!!!!!! i wanna see the poncho!!!!:wall:

i hope i come home to a box of goodies....my swapper said that they'd be trying to get it out this week before they left town...:woohoo:

clb1968
07-30-2007, 05:45 PM
I ordered myself a pair of those Knit Picks DPNs last week, hopefully they will be in the mail when I get home, I want to make socks, have the dpns, yarn and Silver's tutorial, so I should be ready to go.

Shandeh
07-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Thanks for all the compliments to GJ, my friends! :)

She WAS a good swap pal! :hug:

I wore the poncho today, when I went out to pay bills. I received TWO compliments on the poncho! :wink:

I'll go take a photo of myself wearing it, so you can see how nice it looks.

Shandeh
07-30-2007, 06:10 PM
Here's the poncho!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1057/955150237_eafd6555e3.jpg

And here's the back:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1149/955150309_e2b71fcda6.jpg

I never wear anything nice like this, so it feels good to wear!
:)

snephenie
07-30-2007, 06:23 PM
That is beautiful Shandeh!!!

GJ you did good!! :)

snowbear
07-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey-

Finished the last thing.. box will go out tomorrow.. next time I'm going to get everything done early. My swapper has been so understanding..

I can't wait till she see's it.. i'm sending it priority.. so she'll have it this weekend... I hope she likes it.

(4 down, 8to go!)

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 07:42 PM
it looks so great on you Shandeh! Great knitting GJ!!!

PaperGirl
07-30-2007, 07:46 PM
It looks WONDERFUL on you Shandeh! What a happy smile you have!

Quiltlady
07-30-2007, 07:51 PM
You and the poncho look great!!! Its your color.:cheering:

I'd be interested in a new Swap if we do one. Keep us all posted please.:woot:

snephenie
07-30-2007, 08:05 PM

There is a post already going on the new swap!

jeanius80
07-30-2007, 08:07 PM

there is a new swap up! you can see it here
Secret Theme Swap (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=42101&stc=1&d=1185830965)

come over, sign up!:happydance:

threesmom
07-30-2007, 09:23 PM
That looks so nice on you Shandeh! Wonderful job GJ!

Doodknitwit
07-30-2007, 09:26 PM
pretty Shandeh!!

G J
07-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Here's the poncho!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1057/955150237_eafd6555e3.jpg

And here's the back:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1149/955150309_e2b71fcda6.jpg

I never wear anything nice like this, so it feels good to wear!
:)
Oh, Sandy, it looks SO NICE on you! Have you tried tying the front like I showed you in the (very rough) drawing? I'm SO GLAD IT FITS! You deserve nice things!

clb1968
07-30-2007, 10:10 PM
That looks great,Shandeh

meearnol
07-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Shandeh, that poncho is B-E-A-Utiful! It looks great on you! :cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:

MommaG
07-30-2007, 10:55 PM
That poncho is gorgeous. I can't wait for my package to arrive. I have already told my partner that mine will be a few days late. I had to miss a few days of work as my daughter was sick and financially I could not send it right away. But I did get all my stuff made while my daughter was in the hospital. (I just totally revealed myself to her if she puts this and her e-mail together)

robynbird
07-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Beautiful Shandeh!!

Shandeh
07-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Oh, Sandy, it looks SO NICE on you! Have you tried tying the front like I showed you in the (very rough) drawing? I'm SO GLAD IT FITS! You deserve nice things!
Thank you, Gina! :muah:
Your poncho is a HIT!! :sun:

I haven't tried tying it yet, but I'm sure I will. I'll probably try wearing it all KINDS of ways. :wink:

I was wearing it when Marvin came home from work, and he liked it! :)

Eloewien
07-31-2007, 01:14 AM
I got my box packed up tonight, so it will be going out first thing tomorrow!!

Shandeh
07-31-2007, 01:23 AM
My poor swap pal is going to have to wait one more day. :pout:

I had her box all sealed up and ready to mail. I took it to the post office, stood in line forever, then the clerk told me that I would save 10 dollars if I put it in a flat rate priority box instead.

So, I stepped away, borrowed her scissors, cut into my package, and put everything in a priority box instead. Then, I got back in line, and waited again. :???:

This time, I got a different clerk. And he said that my package would cost 9 dollars more than the ORIGINAL total had been! :noway:

So, the first clerk was not correct. I wasted all that time tearing into the original package and repackaging it in the priority box.

I was patient, though, and laughed it off, shaking my head as I left. "It figures", I said as I walked back to my car, with BOTH boxes in my hands.

It was almost 5:00, so I knew I wouldn't have time to repackage it again.

So, tonight, I came home, and started packing it back up again. Then, I looked at everything, and decided to change the whole package. :teehee:

My swap pal is getting something entirely different now. I think she'll be happier with this package. At least, I HOPE she will be!

What a DAY! :roll:

jeanius80
07-31-2007, 01:35 AM
gotta love the post office. like being charged $9 more this round, even though it's the same weight and going to the same place *sigh*

redwitch
07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Okay I have a dilemma: I don't know how long to make the scarf I am knitting. I would like to stop it here, this is my best guess as to the right length I like for it for a person of her height, but she may have different ideas so instead of finishing it, I would like to stop it here, leave it live, and send it with the pattern saying 'if you like it this length knit 5 rows garter and cast off, if it is too short for you here's the pattern, it's very easy'. There's LOTS of wool left (and it's very pretty so she can use the leftovers for something else if she wants). Normally I would knit it longer and say 'if you want it shorter unravel to your heart's content and cast off'. But this is mohair and if it is frogged to make it shorter the wool will get nasty and the end few rows will look horrible, kind of bald and scraggly, you know how mohair gets. But I don't want my swoppee to think I am lazy or didn't make the deadline, when I just want the scarf to be a length she likes and can use. What do you lot think? Would you be happy to get an unfinished scarf and know it will be the height you prefer? Or would you prefer that your swopper do all the work even if she is just guessing at the length? Also what length would you normally knit for someone who is shortish, say 160 cmish? (if memory serves)... yes all you tall people I am not your swopper. I think.
Ta
P.S. It's gorgeous colours that she likes so she'll be getting some extra anyway.

Kaydee
07-31-2007, 09:20 AM
Shandeh, the poncho looks beautiful on you!!

marykz
07-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Okay I have a dilemma: <snip> I would like to stop it here, leave it live, and send it with the pattern saying 'if you like it this length knit 5 rows garter and cast off, if it is too short for you here's the pattern, it's very easy'. <snip> But I don't want my swoppee to think I am lazy or didn't make the deadline, when I just want the scarf to be a length she likes and can use. <snip>
LOL- you crack me up!!! I don't think anyone thinks you are lazy..... and since I'm tall it must not be me!!! :roflhard:

I would say to go ahead, leave it as it is with your instructions- then you pal can do as s/he likes. Even though I'm tall I don't like super super long scarves, as they get caught everywhere and I'm likely to dunk the end in my morning coffee or get it tangled in my keys/id for work.

Shandeh/ GJ that is a seriously beautiful poncho!!

my box will go out this afternoon- I really hope my special pal likes the contents.

itsjustmeghan
07-31-2007, 09:41 AM
i'm partial to long scarves myself, so i would probably make it longer. especially if it's a lighter weight scarf. there are so many ways to wear a longer scarf if you want it to hang shorter....but that's just me!

shendah, i love the poncho! what a fun gift! looks great on you! VERY spunky! :teehee:

my box should be getting shipped my way soon! and i will be shipping mine soon too!

pandaca
07-31-2007, 10:41 AM
:cheering: I am so excited about participating in more swaps! :cheering:

Shandeh That poncho looks fabulous on you! And youre right, the colors are gorgeous.

Redwitch That seems like a good idea for the scarf, so your partner can customize it to her preferences.

Nobones
07-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Redwitch, I don't think your partner would mind either way.

That is a gorgeous poncho you have there Shandeh! It looks stunning on.

PaperGirl
07-31-2007, 01:36 PM
Im mailman stalking again. :roflhard:

meearnol
07-31-2007, 01:42 PM
DISASTER!! So I had everything for my pal in a plastic bag for transport to the post office for packaging. I started to smell something a little weird, and when I looked, the bottle of pretty pink nail polish that was in there had BROKEN and was ALL OVER!! :zombie: It got on almost everything, but through some stroke of luck, the thing I knitted for her and the stitch markers I made were spared from their pinky fate. I think I'll be able to salvage most of the other stuff, but since I won't be able to do it until tonight, my package will be going out late. I feel TERRIBLE! Please, swappee, don't be upset. I feel really, really bad about this. :waah:

rennfamily
07-31-2007, 01:45 PM
Sandy that poncho is gorgeous!! Looks so well on you!

Redwitch, I'd have to agree with your idea. None of us would think your lazy, more apt to think your paying special attention to her wants/needs. I'd say leave it where it is and send it on. And UGH on frogging mohair! What a pain. I started a shawl with it, my sis was trying to help knit a few rows and screwe my pattern up. Had to frog it. Not a pretty site.

G J
07-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Oh, Meearnol! How AWEFUL! I've never had a nail polish spill, but I can imagine! If it's only on packaging, I'm sure your swap partner will be FINE with it! And a little late is better than not at all!

jeanius80
07-31-2007, 04:20 PM
redwitch, i like the idea of just leaving where you are and sending off with live stitches and the pattern to make it longer or cast off and customize it!
meearnol- that sucks! i was going to send polish too, and now i am glad i didn't. i would have stressed the entire time!

Eloewien
07-31-2007, 05:11 PM
My swapee's box went out this morning, she should get it by Thursday! Yay! Hope she enjoys it!

Shandeh
07-31-2007, 07:14 PM
Wow! G J should be VERY proud now! All these compliments on her knitting! :)

I'm still in love with the poncho. I wore it all day today....again. :teehee:

mks22300
07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Shandeh your poncho is so pretty! Great job GJ!
Swap pal, I'm planning on sending your package out on Thursday, nothing like waiting til the last minute, huh?

snowbear
07-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Boxes are on their way- sent priority...

Now the neves start.. will she like it.. did I pick what she wanted.. what if she has it already... believe me.. I can worry about worrying!

:think::oo::??

But.. it's in the USPS hands... * :pray:

PaperGirl
07-31-2007, 11:42 PM
I got email from my swapper! Shes sent it off in the big brown truck! Im so excited!

BostonBecca
08-01-2007, 12:02 AM
I finally finished the last project for my swappee. It's off to the AC Moore under a mile from my house to get ribbon to finish the project and then to UPS! Yay! Lace is not hard, but requires so much attention to do right. I am looking forward to some simple knitting. Pictures tomorrow.

redwitch
08-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Okay thanks all for your suggestions. I will send it as is. A friend of mine lost the lid on a bottle of nail polish remover while inside her suitcase and it got on everything. The smell of acetone never came out of the suitcase. I would not be unhappy to wait an extra day for things that were unpink! Ooh who else is excited?
Also I am 95% sure now that I know who my swopper is... and she rocks!

Sarah

jeanius80
08-01-2007, 01:09 AM
i am very excited too! i hope my package gets to her safely. i also can't wait to find out who my sender is- she's great!

Leah22b
08-01-2007, 09:18 AM
Oh everyones packages look wonderfull!

:oops: I'm going to be a little late... I have 2 more things almost finished but still on needles, then I have to get everything together.:oops: So sorry swapee I'll make it worth the wait and I'll express it as soon as I finish so you won't have to wait long!

I'll post an update on receiving as soon as I get the spread sheet organized again...lol

mks22300
08-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Why is it when you don't need a box, you always have them around, but when you do need a box, you can't find one!?

ADAllen
08-01-2007, 07:25 PM
Why is it when you don't need a box, you always have them around, but when you do need a box, you can't find one!?
I know exactly what you mean. I was complaining about this to my hubby and he said, "Bah, use the cheerios box. The cereal is all in a bag."

snephenie
08-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I was complaining about this to my hubby and he said, "Bah, use the cheerios box. The cereal is all in a bag."

The first swap I was in, KellyK sent her swappee stuff in a HUGE Costco sized Tampon Box!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shandeh
08-01-2007, 08:58 PM
I remember that! :teehee:

I finally mailed my package TODAY, after all the craziness the post office has put me through. It felt good to get it in the mail.

I'm crossing my fingers and praying as it travels overseas!
:pray:

meearnol
08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
After giving myself time to recover from the nail polish debacle of yesterday, I have now replaced the ruined goodies and stuffed them (lovingly, of course) into a box, to be sent out tomorrow. I may have gone a little overboard, but all is good. I hope she likes everything!

threesmom
08-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm so embarrassed .. I thought I'd get my package in the mail last week, Monday latest. I even told my swappee so. And as of this morning, it was still sitting on my dresser. I wanted to add more stuff, even tried making stitch markers this morning to compensate for the wait, but the first one promptly broke as I got it finished! :help:

BUT - I did manage to UPS it this afternoon! The package is on it's way!!

G J
08-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm SO CURIOUS as to who my swap partner is! I haven't been keeping close tabs on who has received yet, so I'm rather clueless!:shrug: (in this matter only, of course...):roflhard:

snowbear
08-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Let's face it.. life happens.. I know that all too well, and as we all know.. life is full of ups and downs..

I'm sure all of us understand a box being a few days late...

Being knitters.. we just knit till we get it!

Bear Hugs

(5 down, 7 to go!)

clb1968
08-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Good to see that I am not the only late mailer.
I will send mine out on Friday, need to get paid first so that I have money for postage.

BostonBecca
08-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Mine went out today. I really hope my swappee likes everything!

orcoastknitter
08-02-2007, 03:18 AM

Well I guess I am lucky in that department. We ship and receive items almost everyday in boxes, so I have my pick. We can also mail out personal packages from our office, we just have to pay the company for the shipping costs.

I am also a little late on getting my second box out. Since I have to travel pretty much 40 -50 miles for any decent store. I am limited to shopping on the weekends. So this weekend it will be completed and boxed up ready to go!

Leah22b
08-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Ok... Updates for those who like tracking...lol
2 still waiting on package 1

10 have received package 2 already...Woohoo:woohoo:

Swap Swap Swap away...lol Happy Knitting everyone! :knitting:

wewantmore
08-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I shipped mine on the 23rd and have yet to hear if it got there safely. I hope it did and the receiver just hasn't had a chance to post that she got it.

PaperGirl
08-02-2007, 11:01 AM
:woot::woot::woot:

My package came!!!!! She emailed me and said she shipped next day AM UPS....so I looked out on the porch, and UPS had put it UNDER the mat on the porchswing!

A great big box of potpourri, it smells SO good!

A salt scrub bar that just LOOKS yummy!

A sock knitting book!

And 3 knitted goodies!

A eye mask, washcloth, and little drawstring pouch.

All in my FAVORITE color! ORANGE! The stitch pattern is SO cool...like a diamond eyelet, I suppose?

I'm putting the potpourri here in my office...is PRETTY!

Pics soon...

Thank you swappee!!!!! I still dont know who you are...:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::h eart::heart::heart:

snowbear
08-02-2007, 11:10 AM
*stalks the computer*

OK.. the USPS has the package.. why do they take so long when one is waiting for it to be delivered?:tap:

There ought to be a law....

* lays back down and waits.... wondering when her swapper will get her package!

mare-nitt
08-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Snowbear, don't be rushing the USPS:fingerwag: Good things come to those that have to wait.:woot:

Thought I would postmy package came today.:woohoo:

It had all different kinds of surprises in it, dark chocolate, books, a cute little mirror, items to do a manicure, chocolate covered almonds, a little tablet, a pink scarf, hand made stitch markers, a diva card with a hand written note and another scarf made out of the same wonderful yarn she had sent me previously.(that she knew I just loved)

But more than anything I have to admit, I feel a little guilty. My swap partner, even though life recently threw her a detour down a different road in her life for awhile, she still kept going and completed the swap. I am touched that you went to all this trouble for me, even with all your own different kinds of troubles to deal with.

Thank you so much for everything, I will post pics later.
P.S. She kept herself a secret to the end too.

Marilynn

kblue
08-02-2007, 02:07 PM
:woot:I GOT MY 2ND BOX I GOT MY 2ND BOX :woot:

:muah:THANKS ELOEWIEN YOU'RE SUCH A GREAT PAL!!!!:muah:

I absoulutly LOVE LOVE LOVE everything!!!! :inlove: :heart: :inlove: :heart: I'll post pictures and details in a little bit. The kiddies are getting crazy :teehee:

snowbear
08-02-2007, 02:30 PM
:passedout:

I'm sooo glad you liked it.. I was worried because I knit the scarf out of the same yarn.. My creative part isn't what it usually is so I cheated..

I'm soo glad you liked the box.. You have made my day!

Do not feel guilty.. I agreed to do it, and Lynn helped with some of the running around... Just enjoy!

Big Bear Hugs....

snephenie
08-02-2007, 03:26 PM
:woot:THANK YOU TO MY SECRET ELFS!!!!!:woot:

I'm at work so if I forget anything it's only because Im rushing in posting this!!!

MarykZ, thank you so much for gathering this all up for me, you don't know how much it has brightened my (crappy) work day!!!

The tote bag is so precious to me, wait till you guys see it!!! It's got a screened on picture of (what I think is the WIP handbag she made me) with the words Knittinghelp.com Summer Swappers 2007
A very cute felted handbag in summery colors, a magnet with the same picture as on the tote, teas, stitch markers, bookmark and some cute socks.

From Doodknit I received two beautiful ribbon type yarn scarves .

From redwitch I received this amazing color of blue bracelet/rowcounter, stitchmarkers and earings. (I think I understand your directions, you definately did well in your explanations)

And Tracie!! Sent me some yuuuuuuuummy yarn!!!
2 Skeins of Mooncake Yarn in Harmony colorway!
Classic Elite Yarn-Flash in medium turquoise.
and the BEST...Mooncake yarn, tranquility, this stuff feels like mmmmmmmmalabrigo!!!

I'll take pictures tonight!

Thank you guys, this was a WONDERFUL surprise!!!!

PaperGirl
08-02-2007, 03:39 PM
:drool: Piccys!

K, She did everything in my favorite color! The eye mask...so cute! The dishtowel..the little drawstring bag...even the soap is orange! The sock book! :hug:

The potpourri on my desk right now! Smelling up my office! :heart:

Even though I dont know who you are yet...:shrug:

Will you tell me now? :heart: You are awesome!

itsjustmeghan
08-02-2007, 03:42 PM
my swapper said mine should be here today! :woot:
i really hope so...i'm so anxious about owen's test tomorrow, it'll be nice to have some goodies to admire while i'm waiting!

PaperGirl
08-02-2007, 04:02 PM
I know who she is!!!!!!

Domiknitrix emailed me today to tell me her name!

Thank you SO much for everything! Its been SO fun! I love everything! :heart::heart::hug::hug:

itsjustmeghan
08-02-2007, 04:25 PM
oh! i posted while you posted pictures.
so cute!!! i love the care package!

rebecca
08-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh, PaperGirl, it's all so wonderful!!!! WHat a great pal!!!

JamOKnit
08-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Oooh, nice!

domiknitrix
08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks Traci,

I am so happy you liked it, I thought it might be too bright at first, but I didnt want to go with the normal beige or white.

I almost kept the soap it smells soooo good!!! P.s. you will have a little something from me in the mail as well, I left it out by accident, so I will be sending it this weekend through the post office.

Again, I loved doing the swap and I had two EXCELLENT partners.

P.S. I was suppose to go to the post office to pick up my package, but it is not going to happen. So, if you ladies wake up tomorrow and she a lady on the news camped in front of the post office with a lawn chair, a pot of coffee and some knitting needles - don't be alarm it will be the domiknitrix!!!

snowbear
08-02-2007, 04:55 PM
P.S. I was suppose to go to the post office to pick up my package, but it is not going to happen. So, if you ladies wake up tomorrow and she a lady on the news camped in front of the post office with a lawn chair, a pot of coffee and some knitting needles - don't be alarm it will be the domiknitrix!!!

& I was told good things come to those who has to wait..lol I agree w/ Domiknitrix, lol * USPS can be very sneeky!

Doodknitwit
08-02-2007, 05:21 PM
wow am I special!!! :blooby: oh yes at least :psst: Tracyleighj thinks I am!!! I received a knitting journal, :yay: a novel on knitting...:heart: chocolates, three kinds of yarn... One yarn is her LYS special label.. it looks and feels like Malabrigia Yes it does :woohoo:
its like Christmas in Aug!!! it sure is a day brightener.
I'm interviewing auction co and their Real estate brokers so we can now sell my Mom's home & contents....quickly. Since my step-dad died last week we no longer need it....
I found a sweater she started knitting in 1971 still on the needles under a bed.... God love her she was a pack rat. we have quilting fabric and thread out the wazoo.....2 sewing machines....etc etc... Mom's craftroom looks like Shandeh's after she moved it and before she has organized in her new room.... oh but that's nothing we have canned goods from the garden and jellies from 1980s... can you spell B O T U L I S M.......??? pray for me that I still have some hairs on my head :hair: ..
Hugs

domiknitrix
08-02-2007, 05:59 PM
wow am I special!!! :blooby: oh yes at least :psst: Tracyleighj thinks I am!!! I received a knitting journal, :yay: a novel on knitting...:heart: chocolates, three kinds of yarn... One yarn is her LYS special label.. it looks and feels like Malabrigia Yes it does :woohoo:
its like Christmas in Aug!!! it sure is a day brightener.
I'm interviewing auction co and their Real estate brokers so we can now sell my Mom's home & contents....quickly. Since my step-dad died last week we no longer need it....
I found a sweater she started knitting in 1971 still on the needles under a bed.... God love her she was a pack rat. we have quilting fabric and thread out the wazoo.....2 sewing machines....etc etc... Mom's craftroom looks like Shandeh's after she moved it and before she has organized in her new room.... oh but that's nothing we have canned goods from the garden and jellies from 1980s... can you spell B O T U L I S M.......??? pray for me that I still have some hairs on my head :hair: ..
Hugs
Still on the needles???? All I have to say is WOW and that is exactly what my children will find. I swear I can't finish knitting anything, but yet keep adding to the WIP.

cftwo
08-02-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm glad to see that Snephanie's package arrived, too, since I was pretty sure the two of us had the same elf/swapper.

MaryKZ - the post office is much more effecient than you expected. Two whole days before you thought it would arrive...
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL589/3927808/13502296/269352315.jpg

A lovely screened canvas bag (perfect for grocery shopping), some tea, the cutest felted purse, smiley face socks (pink ones!!), some removable stitch markers that she made (much much prettier than the ones I bought - those look like ugly turquoise safety pins and I'll never use them again), a pretty magnet, and a cute tissue holder which Mary made. Thanks, Mary!! This was a great box! :yay: :muah:

snephenie
08-02-2007, 06:03 PM
One yarn is her LYS special label.. it looks and feels like Malabrigia Yes it does :woohoo:
its like Christmas in Aug!!!

I got the same one from her...it is just pure yumminess!!!!

snephenie
08-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm glad to see that Snephanie's package arrived, too, since I was pretty sure the two of us had the same elf/swapper.

MaryKZ - the post office is much more effecient than you expected. Two whole days before you thought it would arrive...
http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL589/3927808/13502296/269352315.jpg

A lovely screened canvas bag (perfect for grocery shopping), some tea, the cutest felted purse, smiley face socks (pink ones!!), some removable stitch markers that she made (much much prettier than the ones I bought - those look like ugly turquoise safety pins and I'll never use them again), a pretty magnet, and a cute tissue holder which Mary made. Thanks, Mary!! This was a great box! :yay: :muah:

Isn't it lovely?!?!?! I'm in total love with my tote!!! My 'chicks with stix" one is getting quite warn out and this is a perfect replacement!!!!

mks22300
08-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Found a box and sent off my package today, so my pal should be getting it within the next few days!

Shandeh
08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Oh, this thread is getting funner and funner! :)

It's so neat to see everyone's goodies!

Doodknitwit
08-02-2007, 07:40 PM
yes Domiknitrix!!! still on the needles...:roflhard: complete with the little stitch markers....

:hair:

syndactylus
08-02-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm going to send a package! :woot:
:woohoo:
(Someday. Never mind when.)

traceleighj
08-02-2007, 09:12 PM

I got my package today! Thank you Weebie (aka Karin"

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1103/990850749_def592b5ce.jpg

Karin sent me a BEAUTIFUL hat and scarf! (it looks great on btw- perfect colors on me :woot:) a very cute project bag (going to go switch my goodies over to it when I am done here), 2 hanks of Handpaint originals in Strawberry Patch from Brown Sheep Company (mohair and wool blend) and some hand made size 11 needles- way cool! Not to mention CHOCOLATE!!!! Good thing DH is out with a friend tonight....I can hide them before he gets home.

This was my first Swap and I had so much fun! Thanks to all!

:blooby:

ADAllen
08-02-2007, 09:13 PM
wow that hat and scarf, and that yarn are all so beautiful.

kristinw
08-02-2007, 09:27 PM
The first swap I was in, KellyK sent her swappee stuff in a HUGE Costco sized Tampon Box!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That was me who got that box! :roflhard::roflhard:

threesmom
08-02-2007, 09:29 PM
wow - really pretty yarns traceleighj! I love the scarf.

And I love the tote and felted purse!!

Great treats!

jeanius80
08-02-2007, 09:46 PM
so pretty... lovely scarf and hat! and those tote bags are great, where did you get them from?

itsjustmeghan
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
I came home today, and had a package waiting for me in the mailbox! Such a treat!
I have an adorable periwinkle type color felted bag, complete with button (which i think makes the bag!)
a magazine on felting (awesome, because i've never felted before), beautiful stitch markers (hand made?), and a stitch holder (which i put my stitch markers on for now).
i LOVE it all! so beautiful!
and my swapper? :hiding:
michellebreton! :yay: i had NO clue!
she's camping, so i don't think she'll know how much i love my stuff until she gets back, but i hope she knows, i love it! she earned a dancing owen picture!:woot:

snephenie
08-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Here are the pictures!!!

The whole lotta goodies!!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/knitz/P1010055.jpg

From Mary
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/knitz/P1010063-1.jpg

From Doodknitwit
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/knitz/P1010061-1.jpg

From Redwitch
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/knitz/P1010059-1.jpg

From Tracie
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/knitz/P1010058.jpg

Thank you ladies, for this wonderful surprise, and to all who participated in the summer swap, I am very happy that it went so well.

Shandeh
08-02-2007, 10:44 PM
All that yarn and knitting notions, and Dancing Owen too!
:heart: :cheering: :heart:

G J
08-02-2007, 11:00 PM
:cheering:Everyone's stuff is looking so purty!!!:cheering:

ADAllen
08-03-2007, 07:03 AM
I've seen those bracelet counter things online before. They look really cool. Someone is going to have to explain to me how they work.

Doodknitwit
08-03-2007, 07:49 AM
a dancing owen picture!:
He' a doll!!!:blooby:

Here are the pictures!!!

The whole lotta goodies!!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/knitz/P1010055.jpg Thank you ladies, for this wonderful surprise, and to all who participated in the summer swap, I am very happy that it went so well.

wow so happy you like the goodies...Thanks for the great job on our swap!! :yay:
thanks to Mary for coordinating your box.:woohoo:

marykz
08-03-2007, 08:50 AM
YAYAYAYAYAY- I'm so glad the boxes got there so fast!!!! Can you believe that going to PA and CA both took only 2 days?!

CFTWO I'm so glad you like it- I had great fun, even tho I'm not good at secret keeping or teasing..... LOL- I thought you could use the removable markers for both your knitting and crochet work.

Steph- I'm so glad you like it all! it was fun pulling it together and everyone was so nice to help me out with it. I just realized I left out a tissue keeper- it will get in the mail soon....

Jeanius80 I had the bags made at zazzle.com . you can put ANYTHING on just about ANYTHING. so I took my avatar pic and had it put on the tote bag. they had them made up within a week! I got the magnets there too.

(and in case anyone is wondering- I bought socks b/c I can't knit them..... one of these days I'll try!)

kblue
08-03-2007, 10:07 AM
Ok ok i finally have a chance to post pictures...sorry.....

So received this AWESOME knit curly scarf that Eloewien made herself along with a hand knit yarn carrier (with a ball of yarn already in it) made with Patons merino that she dyed herself as well...very beautiful!!!:inlove: A guage tool which i actually DON'T have so i really like that. Cute Tinker Bell pencil case and post it's to match, note cards, butterfly punch, some very lovely flower seeds...i hope my not so green thumb will be able to grow them hee hee :teehee:...An awesome knitting magazine, a whole bunch of patterns i totally want to try out, a rose candle and the best part a TOTALLY FABOO knitting bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot::woot::woot:.

cloud9 cloud9 cloud9 I LOVE IT ALL cloud9 cloud9 cloud9

THANKS ELOEWIEN :muah::hug::muah:

pandaca
08-03-2007, 11:10 AM
I just got an email that my package is on its way! I can't wait!

These packages are amazing! Swappers are really outdoing themselves. Such beautiful knitted items and fun goodies!

rebecca
08-03-2007, 11:11 AM
:blooby: OH MY :blooby: OH MY :blooby: OH My :blooby: Everyone has gotten such wonderful surprises!!!! Great swapping pals all around, WTG:cheering:

Kaydee
08-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Everyone has gotten such nice second packages!! I'm just about ready to send out mine so don't fear swapee.

P.S. This is my 1000 post here on KH!:happydance: Woohoo!

JamOKnit
08-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow! What fantastic packages! Everyone has done so well in this swap! Quick....sign up for the next one! :)

And ADAllen, thanks for the thanks! How sweet of you! I was surprised to find a package from you in my mailbox yesterday! Didn't realize you didn't have my last name {oops} but it still found its way to me!

She sent me a cute card thanking me for being her swap partner and a little sock change purse with butterflies on it!!! So cute!

ADAllen
08-03-2007, 03:50 PM
I'm glad it found you. I was hoping the PO wouldn't think it was suspicious.:shifty:

Leah22b
08-03-2007, 03:54 PM
:passedout: WOW... such beautiful stuff... Every ones packages are sooooooooo nice. :inlove::inlove::inlove:

:knitting::knitting::knitting: I'm almost finished swappee. I'm going to earth guild tom. to get just a little more for the box then I can ship it on Monday. So you should have it Tuesday or Wed. at the latest. :oops: Sorry I'm soooo late... I'll make it up to you!

miccisue
08-03-2007, 04:04 PM
What is the Secret Theme Swap that says September 2007? I try clicking on the picture to get a link, but nothing shows up.

If that one is done, is there another one coming up? I've never done one of these (too chicken), but keep trying to work up the courage to try it.:hiding:

snowbear
08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Just click on the link... It is starting now.. with the names given out 9-3-07 at latest... it is for one month only..

Join in.. it's fun!

miccisue
08-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Just click on the link... It is starting now.. with the names given out 9-3-07 at latest... it is for one month only..

Join in.. it's fun!

The link isn't working for me.......:shrug: The Summer one that everyone is posting about gives me the little "hand", but the September one just leaves my cursor as an arrow - won't open.........

PaperGirl
08-03-2007, 04:39 PM
Look in this section for the Theme Swap. :)

Shandeh
08-03-2007, 04:44 PM
The Summer one that everyone is posting about gives me the little "hand".........

That made me giggle. It made me think that the icon is telling you to "talk to the hand". :teehee:

miccisue
08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Look in this section for the Theme Swap. :)

OK, I'm totally dense. I went to the Search area, typed in Theme Swap and got 4 posts that had that in it. One of them said "you can find it here". When I brought it up, the link "Theme Swap" was in red, so I clicked on it. It brought up another window with the picture in it, but nothing else. Clicking on the picture doesn't do anything.

So far, I haven't been able to find a workable link. I can get so far, but can't get into anything that gives details or anything other than the picture.:wall:

miccisue
08-03-2007, 04:47 PM
That made me giggle. It made me think that the icon is telling you to "talk to the hand". :teehee:

Yeah, but even the hand ain't listening!!!!!!!!!!!1:tap:

ADAllen
08-03-2007, 04:48 PM
OK, I'm totally dense. I went to the Search area, typed in Theme Swap and got 4 posts that had that in it. One of them said "you can find it here". When I brought it up, the link "Theme Swap" was in red, so I clicked on it. It brought up another window with the picture in it, but nothing else. Clicking on the picture doesn't do anything.

So far, I haven't been able to find a workable link. I can get so far, but can't get into anything that gives details or anything other than the picture.:wall:
Here is the link (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=63044)!

orcoastknitter
08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I was just about to do that... you beat me to it! :rofl:

ADAllen
08-03-2007, 04:51 PM
I was just about to do that... you beat me to it! :rofl:
It's the thought that counts.... and I'm thinking like an enabler :teehee:

psammeadred
08-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Wow, you leave town for a few days and all sorts of things happen! I believe you've all seen this post (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showpost.php?p=916236&postcount=1454) by rebecca (http://whimsicalknitting.blogspot.com/).

Well, guess what was waiting for me when I got home at 2:00 AM!!!!

I just have to tell you all, Rebecca is awesome! Not only did she send me some amazing yarn and fabulous patterns (Rusted Root and Green Gable, to name a couple!), she knits some pretty amazing stuff! :happydance::cheering::woohoo::woot::yay:

Oh, and the sock at the bottom is from the yarn that Rebecca sent me in part one of the swap. The self-striping Opal Silk is perfect for Jaywalkers!

ADAllen
08-03-2007, 04:53 PM
That is a fantastic package, and that tank looks so good on you.

Shandeh
08-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Rebecca ROCKS!

rebecca
08-03-2007, 05:00 PM
:muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: My friend, I had a BLAST with this swap doing things for you! I loved knitting each and every stitch for Part 2 and I am so EXCITED :cheering::cheering: to see that the top fits! And just as I had envisioned it, wearing it over a Tee!!!
Girl, those Jaywalkers are G.O. orgeous!!!! Don't ya just love knitting with Opal Silk?! Jaywalkers are a perfect pattern for that colorway, too....I might have to see if I can find some more!!!

Okay, Ya'll, I want you to pop over here (http://psammeadred.blogspot.com/2007/07/harry-potter-and-hagrid-sized-knitting.html) (scroll a bit) and take a look at Bethany's 1st top!!! Great job, eh?!

So happy you liked everything, I loved doing it for you :blooby:

jeanius80
08-03-2007, 07:13 PM
what a cute top bethany, and that is one gianormous knitting tote ;) the top you knit rebecca is so pretty, and the fit is great!

G J
08-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Everything looks just LOVELY!!!

But I'm BUMMED! I can't knit! :waah: I ruptured the tendon in my right arm a few years ago and had to had the tendon re-built screw in the elbow and the whole bit... Anyway, aparently I've been knitting too much because now it hurts to knit.:waah: I knit 1 row today and had to quit. GRRRRR. What does one do when one cannot knit???

robynbird
08-03-2007, 07:40 PM
I got my box today from Itsjustmegan!! WOW!!! You totally spoiled me. I was so excited I didn't take pictures of the wrapping but she wrapped everything individually in pretty tissue paper. Here are some pictures. The first one is the whole stash. Next are some accessories: a foldable scissors; beautiful stitch markers that I "think" she made herself; and a bracelet and keychain made out of plastic knitting needles. Next is coffee...yum!! and a blue holder for my crochet needles. THEN she made me a needle holder. It's freakin' gorgeous! And on top of all that, she made me a beautiful cabled bag!!! I love it so much. I just love everything Megan!! Thank you so so much...also for the wonderful birthday card. :)

jeanius80
08-03-2007, 07:47 PM
such a pretty bag, and that bracelet and keychain are so adorable. what a pretty needle case too- very talented itsjustmeghan!

rebecca
08-03-2007, 08:02 PM
OH, Robyn, everything is GORGEOUS!! You had a great pal, indeed, WTG!

Eloewien
08-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!! I love what everyone has made! The bracelet is adorable :)

mare-nitt
08-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Here are the pics of my second package that I got from Snowbear. The scarf is knit from Mountain Colors yarn in fall colors (see the orange highlights, :happydance:, I am going to try to knit a matching hat with the yarn she send me earlier. But you can see she sent me all kinds of goodies, from homemade stitch markers to a pink scarf too.

Thank you again, Snowbear.

snowbear
08-03-2007, 09:32 PM
It was fun, and I'm so glad you liked it..

I've only knitted a baby hat.. so I wasn't brave enough to try it, lol

Enjoy and know that I've loved having you as a swapper.. and thanks for understanding about it being late..

Big bear Hugs!

pandaca
08-03-2007, 11:13 PM
I got my package today!! :cheering::cheering::cheering:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, BostonBecca! I love everything! :woot:

She sent me some lovely stitch markers that, if I remember correctly, she made herself. She knit me an adorable kerchief and made me a felted bowl that is PERFECT for my desk at work! I think I'll use it as a candy dish. I absolutely LOVE the colors of the kerchief and bowl!

As if that wasn't enough, I got a ball of linen yarn, 2 books (both of which I had been wanting!), a notepad & pen from Martha's Vineyard and some yummy chocolate.

ADAllen
08-03-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm noticing that there is no chocolate in these pictures....:think:

It all really looks great, those are beautiful blues.

orcoastknitter
08-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Wow great packages! :woot:

I have thought about sending chocolate, but with the summer heat it might not arrive in great condition. Although I did think about sending a cold pack along with it, if I do decide to send some.

Shandeh
08-04-2007, 12:31 AM
I can't knit! :waah: I ruptured the tendon in my right arm a few years ago and had to had the tendon re-built screw in the elbow and the whole bit... Anyway, aparently I've been knitting too much because now it hurts to knit.:waah: I knit 1 row today and had to quit. GRRRRR. What does one do when one cannot knit???
I'm sorry you're in pain, G J!!! You didn't hurt yourself when you were making my poncho, did you? :pout:

I hope you feel better VERY soon. In the meantime, just read knitting magazines and sip hot tea....and watch videos about knitting....and read knitting novels. :teehee:

itsjustmeghan
08-04-2007, 08:47 AM
i'm SO glad you liked everything! i was nervous about the knitted purse, so i made extra stuff just incase. then the purse turned out looking okay, so i sent it along! hahaha

and happy belated birthday!

robynbird
08-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Thank you thank you! When I pulled out the purse...my daughter and her friends were stunned. They loved it!! :) GREAT job. :woohoo:

i'm SO glad you liked everything! i was nervous about the knitted purse, so i made extra stuff just incase. then the purse turned out looking okay, so i sent it along! hahaha

and happy belated birthday!

G J
08-04-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry you're in pain, G J!!! You didn't hurt yourself when you were making my poncho, did you? :pout:

I hope you feel better VERY soon. In the meantime, just read knitting magazines and sip hot tea....and watch videos about knitting....and read knitting novels. :teehee:
Thanks, Shandeh! No, I didn't hurt it knitting your poncho. I went to a conference and knit all day on a sock and a sweater for my DH. Overuse, I'm guessing! It's VERY frustrating. and I only have ONE knitting magazine--an OLD copy of IK. :waah:

I've been reading some knitting blogs, but I have to be careful not to spend too much time on the computer or it makes my arm worse.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!

threesmom
08-04-2007, 04:48 PM
I hope your feeling better GJ! And, uh, :poke: I found the new IK in a couple stores today (Micheals and Target) ... maybe you can find a copy too - its all about felting!

orcoastknitter
08-04-2007, 05:19 PM
Guess what I got in the mail today????? :woohoo::woohoo:

Yup you guessed it my second box!!! :woot:

It was from meearnol :cheering: She did an awesome job!

Unfortunately the pictures I just took didn't come out very good. So I will retake them again later today, after I finish my house work.

Thank you Meghannnnnnn :cheering: I love everything. I didn't have to camp out at the mailbox, they delivered it my house! :cheering::cheering: Good cause I didn't want to get eaten by bears. :oo:

snowbear
08-04-2007, 05:31 PM
house! :cheering::cheering: Good cause I didn't want to get eaten by bears. :oo:

I've never eaten a knitter, lol the sticks are just not apetizing, lol

(Yes, I know I'm a bit crazy,,, Dr switched my meds, lol)

Just couldn't resist..

I'm soo glad they delivered it to the house & that you love it.. Can't wait for yarn porn!!!

wewantmore
08-04-2007, 07:10 PM
:woot: I got my box :woot: I got my box :woot:

Secret Swapper was Marisa aka mks22300.

She is so sweet and thoughtful. I will post pictures later but the run down is this.

:inlove: 2 More Panda Cotton skeins. (this was to be in the first box but was on backorder)
:inlove: 3 bumble Bee yarn skeins
:inlove: 2 sets of stitch markers (B.E.A.UTIFUL)
:inlove: Dishcloth pattern book
:inlove: 3 other patterns
:inlove: Knitted washclothes (which we used this evening to give Samantha a bath with her soap that was sent in the first box.
:inlove: Set of three cabling needles. (I swear she's gonna have me doing projects I only dreamed of doing. ie cables and socks)
:noway: Presents for Kayla and Joseph. Which they LOVE and tore open and played with right away.

I am so happy and overwhelmed. Everything is so nice and prefect.

:notworthy: THANK YOU SO MUCH MARISA. :thud:

ps, I never figured out it was you. And I thought you were a dance teacher, not a preschool teacher. :teehee:

meearnol
08-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Yay!!!! I'm so happy you liked everything, Coastie! :woot:

And I can't believe it got there so fast! I don't care what anyone says, I'll take good ole USPS any day!

This swap is GREAT!

G J
08-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Threesmom! I tried to talk my DH into stopping at a store after we went out for our anniversary tonight, but it didn't happen. Oh well.

Snowbear, did you ever get your package for swap 1?

orcoastknitter
08-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Here is all that I got:
Some yummy smelling vanilla candles
Choxie chocolates (have tasted them all... they're are yummy)
Pedicure set
Mini Nail files
Cute green zippered case
Stuffed bone for Greta
and I saved the bestest for last
absolutely beautiful pair of socks in Lorna's Laces, I believe the pattern is Jaywalker
And a set of pretty stitch markers.

Thank You Thank Thank You!!!!!!
Meghann you really spoiled me.

This is the first pair of socks for myself. I have knitted some for my mom, but none for me. I love them! I don't want to take them off!

Now for pictures:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/DSC02088.jpg
The complete package

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/DSC020872-1.jpg
Stitch Markers

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/DSC02084.jpg
My pretty socks!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/DSC02091.jpg
Greta checking out her new toy!

I can't thank you enough Meghann....:hug::hug:

Shandeh
08-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Coastie, when you're wearing your socks, they match the chair and your jeans very well! :)

(Did you do that on purpose?) :teehee:

snowbear
08-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Snowbear, did you ever get your package for swap 1?

I think my swapper had some problems that prevented her from really participating in the swap.. I don't know who she is.. and I don't know if she received a package.. it doesn't matter.. I have found a great friend and I'm working to fully encourage her as she is me with our knitting!

Lynn, ( my cousin) has really been helping me.. and the next 2 weeks will be the most challanging... But.. I get to go to CA the 12th of Sept to be with my daughter & the grandkids while her hubby is in training! 2 1/2 weeks of getting to spoil them! It will give Lynn a chance to recoup.. she's been awesome!

Thanks for all the kind words during my challange!

Big Ber Hugs!

Nobones
08-05-2007, 10:24 AM
It's been lovely seeing peoples parcels. Swapper your parcel won't be too much longer. Thanks for being so patient and understanding.

My email hasn't been working for the past couple of days so if any one has been emailing I'm not ignoring you I'm just having a bit of email problem which I hope will be fixed soon.

Keep strong Snowbear.

snowbear
08-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Keep strong Snowbear.

Oh I will, * standing up on hind legs and stretching, dropping back to 4, and stretching out on the cool snow..*

Lynn is helping me finish up my scarves for our troops, then it's some simple knitting.. bathrobes for the grandkids... 19" of st stitch, lol

I can't wait for the next swap to start.. It's a theme so we look for things that match the swappers theme!

Bear hugs!

mks22300
08-05-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm so glad you liked everything Michelle! I can't believe it got to you already! I enjoyed being your swap partner so much and had lots of fun making the washclothes for Samantha. These were the first I ever made too. :hug:

JamOKnit
08-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Ooooh, LOVE the socks! I have got to get me some of that yarn.

Everyone's packages are so wonderful!!!!

wewantmore
08-05-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm so glad you liked everything Michelle! I can't believe it got to you already! I enjoyed being your swap partner so much and had lots of fun making the washclothes for Samantha. These were the first I ever made too. :hug:

WOW, that was your first time making the washclothes? They are fantastic. Samantha didn't like me using them to clean out her eye goop, but we love them. :wink:

orcoastknitter
08-06-2007, 02:38 AM
Coastie, when you're wearing your socks, they match the chair and your jeans very well! :)

(Did you do that on purpose?) :teehee:

Yup I sure did, Shandeh! :wink: The first pictures I took (inside the house) made everything look yellow (and I notcied that I needed to vacuum). :zombie: So I hauled everything upstairs to the deck and took new ones. Of course Greta was trying to jump on my lap the whole time trying to get to the kitty sitting behind me.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n214/jasulau/DSC02097.jpg

Shandeh
08-06-2007, 06:30 AM
:teehee:

redwitch
08-06-2007, 06:57 AM
How odd... the post office lady took out all my items and put them into just a plastic courier bag. Although she certainly sealed them well. Well they were sent out on time but will take a while to get overseas... anticipation makes the heart grow fonder though right?

misstialouise
08-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to make with my first package....

And I'm eagerly anticipating my 2nd :D

Sanibelle
08-06-2007, 04:08 PM
I got my second package. I love my shawl my secret knitter made for me. It is so soft. I also got a knitted bookmark which will be put to great use since I love to read and an ornament. But best of all I made a great new friend.... my secret swapper was doodknitwit and she is the nicest person. I invited her to come to NY and I will show her the city and I am hoping she comes soon.

Thanks so much Doodknitwit - you are the best!!!!

Pics to follow....

Doodknitwit
08-06-2007, 04:15 PM
I too think the best part has been finding Sanibelle..
we have sooooooo much in common!! looking forward to a NY yarn shop crawl and having a terrific tour guide!!!Great match Sneph :hug:
:blooby::blooby: :yay:

jeanius80
08-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Yay!!!! Thanks swapper....
this is all she sent (I L:heart:VE it all!)
this is the fabulous package #2 i recieved from my swapper! 3 books : "Knit 2 Together", "Knitting For Peace", "The Knitting Answer Book", a cute card ('will knit for yarn'), pretty stitch markers, Eucalan Wool wash, a cute sheep tape measure, and chalk for my daughter!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1360/1032559596_318038f28d.jpg

and.. thank you jmp3775!!!:muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::mua h::muah::muah::muah::muah::muah::muah:i really love the books you sent!

G J
08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
I got Box 2 from Aineepooh1! :woot:Yay!!! :woot:
It was her idea to do the double swap with yarn in package 1 and "extras" in package 2. Great idea and I love what she sent!
Anyway, I got an email today saying it was sent (it somehow got in the wrong file) and half an hour later, I got the package!!

Here's what she generously sent:

A black and white tote
Godiva chocolate (soon to be empty)
Michael's book of Needlecraft Arts
Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee---The Yarn HarlotIt's SO FUNNY that she sent the "Knitting Rules book. I had the site to BUY the book at Amazon open on my computer when I got the package. She must have known I wanted it!! :thumbsup:

I just started paging through the Michael's book. It's incredible! :cheering:

Ainee! You're a gem!:hug:

Now to go read, since I still can't knit more than a couple of rows a day without pain.

PaperGirl
08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Ainee was my swappee last goround, and shes totally awesome!

What great goodies, you guys!

syndactylus
08-06-2007, 07:07 PM
I got my package!
there's a perfectly blue shawl which I LOVE! very exciting indigo banana silk yarn, kp bare merino-silk sock yarn & lots of dye, & burt's bees hand cream.
thank you threesmom beth!! :cheering:
I'm sorry I figured it out too early.

but I love it all, and getting you for my swapper. & the paper is pretty too!

(I will take pictures when I am not all wholly swollen & headachy from my newly undiagnosed allergies, hopefully in the morning.)

can I wash the shawl? is it silk?

BostonBecca
08-06-2007, 07:18 PM
I am so glad that you liked everything Pandaca! It was really fun trying both felting and lace knitting for the first time and it was a lot of fun to shop for you. I read the novel I sent to you and it is a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy it!

I am excited to see my second package and reveal who my swapper is! I already know ;)

Eloewien
08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Y'all are getting such wonderful packages! This has been so much fun!

snowbear
08-06-2007, 08:20 PM
*wipes tears from eyes with paw....

May I have your attention::::::

I just received the kindest sweetest thing... I have to share...

* clears voice

I received a package from a Secret Angel.. She sent me... 4... make that 4 skeins of sock yarn.... then this huge hank of beautiful pink hand dyed yarn... it is awesome!

A really cute needle holder and a great needle inventory sheet so I can carry it with me when I shop.. ( I forget what I have.. this is awesome)

She refused to give the name.. * slightly growling and looking around....

But whoever did it, thank you. I was, and still am embarrased over what I did here. I have gone back and read it, and could not believe I said that.. I want all to know how much I appreciate the fact you forgave me that outburst...

I have finished over 1/2 of my treatments.. but they are taking a toll on me. I'm more tired, and... (this is the worst part) at times I don't have the energy to knit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn is being a doll, and lol at me when I fall asleep cause I kinda snore.. ( make that really snore)

I have 5 treatments left... so wish me luck. Thanks soo much for the outpouring of love, and kindness.

My wish to whoever was my secret knitter is happiness... I've learned life is too short and unexpected to be upset over little things... and most of it is little things...

Big Bear Hugs...

I'm going to go & try to eat now.. thanks for listening to this bear... I do treasure each of you...

jeanius80
08-06-2007, 08:23 PM
how sweet! i am so glad you have lynn there :)

snephenie
08-06-2007, 08:24 PM
:muah::muah::muah:

I'm sorry that you had to wait so long, but am very happy you liked your package.

Thank you to the secret angel, you know who are :)

pandaca
08-06-2007, 08:44 PM
BostonBecca - I loved everything! Thank you again!

Snowbear - Awww, there are such amazing people on this board that I'm not surprised someone stepped up to make sure you were included.

Jeanius and GJ - Ooh, those are great books!

Doodknitwit
08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
we love you Snow!!! glad you like all those goodies. your pal took good care of you sounds like.

G J
08-06-2007, 09:59 PM
:hug:What a wonderful group of people we have here!:hug:

JamOKnit
08-07-2007, 09:14 AM
{{{hugs}}} to Snowbear and to her Secret Angel! That was so sweet!!!

Leah22b
08-07-2007, 09:48 AM
:woohoo::cheering::woot: Package 1 is done! Received by all with only 1 drop.

Package 2 is well on its way with 26 completed.

:oops: Swappy I have confirmation your package should arrive tom.

Happy Swapping everyone!

threesmom
08-07-2007, 10:34 AM
Snowbear - I'm so so happy you got a package! What a wonderful Secret Angel! And stay strong - you can beat this.

You're welcome Rebecca - Syndactylus!! I loved being your swapper! I'm so glad/relieved you liked everything. And yes, you can wash the shawl - it's Berroco denim silk (80% cotton, 20% silk, if I remember right) - just hand wash it and dry flat. I expect it will get softer as you wash it - it got a bunch softer after I washed it to block it. I meant to send a label from the yarn and just spaced on that - sorry!! And I hope you're feeling better - this weather is awful!!

PaperGirl
08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Snowbear, thats so sweet! :heart:

itsjustmeghan
08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
hooray! i'm glad you got a package snowbear! what a treat! i'm telling you, people on this forum are the sweetest people ever! i'm so glad that i found this place! :woohoo:
anyway,
i'd love to see that yarn porn!:flirt:

BostonBecca
08-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Swapper, please take your time and enjoy yourself knitting whatever you are making! Please do not rush it for a variety of reasons, your health, etc. I want you to have enjoyed this swap!

I am enjoying just seeing everyone's packages and working on my first shawl (for my grandma).

The wait only builds my excitement, and I will cherish the package that much more knowing that you were not rushed.

rebecca
08-07-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm LOVING everything everyone is getting! I say it again...what a great group of people!

wewantmore
08-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Here are my pictures of package 2.

Sorry the stitch marker pictures are blurry.

Kaydee
08-07-2007, 03:40 PM
I just got an email from my swapper and she says I'll get my package by tomorrow!!!:happydance::woot::yay::cheering::wooho o:

rebecca
08-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Who is your mysterious gifter, Michelle?! Everything is lovely:cheering::cheering::cheering:

How exciting KayDee!!!!! My swapper told me that my package was being shipped this week, too....I'm extremely excited!!!!.....now, I'm off to therapy...........

syndactylus
08-07-2007, 06:35 PM
my stuff:

clb1968
08-07-2007, 09:45 PM
That shawl is beautiful.

PaperGirl
08-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Pretty!

I cast on for monkey socks in the yarn that my pal sent me. The kbl threw me for a bit...but I got it going now! :woot: The color will look GREAT on those, I think! :heart:

clb1968
08-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Snowbear - I'm so so happy you got a package! What a wonderful Secret Angel! And stay strong - you can beat this.

You're welcome Rebecca - Syndactylus!! I loved being your swapper! I'm so glad/relieved you liked everything. And yes, you can wash the shawl - it's Berroco denim silk (80% cotton, 20% silk, if I remember right) - just hand wash it and dry flat. I expect it will get softer as you wash it - it got a bunch softer after I washed it to block it. I meant to send a label from the yarn and just spaced on that - sorry!! And I hope you're feeling better - this weather is awful!!

Threemom, That is a beautiful shawl that you made for Syndactylus, what pattern did you use ?

Leah22b
08-08-2007, 11:02 AM
:woohoo::woot: Thank you Thank you THank you! To Curlytoot. I got my package. Pictures to follow.

rebecca
08-08-2007, 11:44 AM
OH, Rebecca (Syndactylus) everything is wonderful!!! What a great pal you had!!!!!!!

sig
08-08-2007, 12:58 PM
Charmy thank you soo much!!! I received my package today!! What can i say?? everything is beautiful!!! :inlove: Ill try to post pics tomorrow. :mrgreen::blooby:

Shandeh
08-08-2007, 02:37 PM
wewantmore, those are some HAPPY CHILDREN! :sun:

Leah22b
08-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Curly toot... Thank you! I love my package!:woot::woot:

Ok for everyone more knitting porn...My haul...lol I got a nice soft hat the picture doesn't do it justice. Its soft and pretty and is black with a row of colored beads knit into the band. I also got a small neck warmer made from the same yarn and also decorated with the beads on each end.
A really cute box (Did you make the box?) with stitch markers in it hand made for me. I love them they are sooooo pretty! If that wasn't enough I got 3 small canvases so I can paint...:woot:

threesmom
08-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Threemom, That is a beautiful shawl that you made for Syndactylus, what pattern did you use ?

Thanks Charlotte! It was just a simple feather and fan - I got the pattern here - knitting-and.com (http://http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/shawls-shrugs/feather-and-fan-comfort-shawl.htm). (I'm having a problem getting this link to work - hopefully it works for you - if not, it's the comfort feather and fan shawl under shawls on knittingpatterncentral (http://knittingpatterncentral)) Very easy, my first lace - so anyone can do it! The yarn made it, I think.

Syndactylus - It fits :cheering:! I'm so relieved!

stirsmommy
08-08-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks Charlotte! It was just a simple feather and fan - I got the pattern here - knitting-and.com (http://http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/shawls-shrugs/feather-and-fan-comfort-shawl.htm). (I'm having a problem getting this link to work - hopefully it works for you - if not, it's the comfort feather and fan shawl under shawls on knittingpatterncentral (http://knittingpatterncentral)) Very easy, my first lace - so anyone can do it! The yarn made it, I think.

Syndactylus - It fits :cheering:! I'm so relieved!

What yarn did you use for the shawl? It is gorgeous.

clb1968
08-08-2007, 10:54 PM
What yarn did you use for the shawl? It is gorgeous.

I looked back a few posts and she said she used
Berroco denim silk (80% cotton, 20% silk, ).

I am thinking about trying some from elann.com, the 100% hemp (Canapone) that I keep seeing advertised on KH.

michellebreton
08-09-2007, 08:57 AM
I came home today, and had a package waiting for me in the mailbox! Such a treat!
I have an adorable periwinkle type color felted bag, complete with button (which i think makes the bag!)
a magazine on felting (awesome, because i've never felted before), beautiful stitch markers (hand made?), and a stitch holder (which i put my stitch markers on for now).
i LOVE it all! so beautiful!
and my swapper? :hiding:
michellebreton! :yay: i had NO clue!
she's camping, so i don't think she'll know how much i love my stuff until she gets back, but i hope she knows, i love it! she earned a dancing owen picture!:woot:

I'm so glad you liked everything Meghan. You are correct that I made the stitch markers for you. And that picture of Dancing Owen is adorable!

OK....now that I've finally caught my breath from traveling off and on for the better part of two weeks, I need to properly thank MY swap partner! It is Sig from Spain! I got my package I think before I left for my first trip...it's all bluring together! Anyhoo, it was fantastic! She knit me some fingerless gloves, sent more yarn, and picked up a gorgeous pillow cover from her travels in Africa. :happydance: I promise I will get pictures up later today! Thank you, thank you!

Michelle Breton

Nobones
08-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I was in my local hobby craft and just couldn't resist getting something for my swapper. It's..... something nice. Or maybe 2 things, or more, I'm not saying, but I do hope to post your package next Tuesday. I want to thank you for being so patient with me. I hope the package is worth the wait.

I'm now really nervous about sending the hand knitted item out. Apart from the wash cloth for Mike, I've never made anything for anyone else, I hope she likes it.

aineepooh1
08-09-2007, 12:59 PM
NOBONES...
aren't you the same girl who just posted that my "project" was published in a Knitting magazine~!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rof l::rofl::passedout:

girl.. ... your'e killing me~!:hug:

Nobones
08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
yes, I see your point, bit that thing took 5 months and was me. (Should really get around to wearing it after all that effort!). But I haven't knitted for anyone else, (hubby doesn't count).

Well I knitted it with happy thoughts and well wishes to my swapper, so that's something.

Leah22b
08-09-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm sure she will love it...lol:hug:

Update 29 have received package #2 so fare :woot:

Secksiebrat
08-09-2007, 05:17 PM
My package went into the mail and she should have it by Saturday! She's already responded to my email so I know she's awaiting patiently (or not so patiently) for Saturday to come!

I haven't received mine yet, but I know it's in the mail!

~danielle~

mks22300
08-09-2007, 06:19 PM
My package came today! Thank you so much Leah22b! She made me two washclothes, an eyemask (which smells just wonderful!) and a cute hate (which will go very nicely with my winter coat!).
Plus, she gave me some more yarn, Strawberry Patch colorway, Handpaint Originals, lavendar oil, bath oil pearls, tea light candles, and a very pretty necklace!
Will try to take pictures soon.
Thank you again Lisa! :hug:

oneyarn
08-09-2007, 06:40 PM
:woohoo:Came home today to find my 2nd package waiting for me from Sharon aka Mom to G B and H.
Sharon made me some wonderful Fetching gloves and a really cute bag. I will get to wear the gloves all the time at work this winter due to my hands getting so cold in my office and planning on using my bag to hold my sock yarn while knitting. She also sent me some great cards to send out to friends and some Seatle's chocolate.
I want to thank Sharon for all the wonderful things she sent me. This was a great swap!

misstialouise
08-10-2007, 01:21 AM
SHANDEH!!!

OMG OMG OMG!! I got my 2nd package (I had a feeling it was you :P) :D

4 faboo vintage (1964) Workbasket maggies and 20 SKEINS OF VINTAGE COTTON!!! It's the most stunning blue!! I will surely be making myself a summer shrug and matching accessories for summer!!!!

I'm a big vintage freak, so this stuff is perfect for yours truly!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I will take pics tonight and post :D... LOVERLY!!!

<dances.around>

:D

BostonBecca
08-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Everyone's packages are turning out to be so nice, and just as important, to really match and please their swapper. It's so fantastic that all of you took such time and effort to really think about the person you had.

I am waiting patiently for my package and I know I will love whatever I get, as will your swappee Nobones.

Leah22b
08-10-2007, 09:53 AM
My package came today! Thank you so much Leah22b! She made me two washclothes, an eyemask (which smells just wonderful!) and a cute hate (which will go very nicely with my winter coat!).
Plus, she gave me some more yarn, Strawberry Patch colorway, Handpaint Originals, lavendar oil, bath oil pearls, tea light candles, and a very pretty necklace!
Will try to take pictures soon.
Thank you again Lisa! :hug:

:woot::cheering: I'm glad you got it. The eye mask has Jasmine rice and Lavendar in it for stuffing. The beads are mostly quartz and can be worn as a necklace or you can snip the string and use the beads in other projects.

Enjoy! This has been sooo much fun, and I've had wonderfull partners on both ends! Thanks for a great swap! :inlove::hug:

michellebreton
08-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Ok! Here are the pictures of my goods as promised! (If I can figure out how to attach them, that is)

Michelle

Nobones
08-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Do you think this is what my swapper had in mind when she asked for something 'Nice and fluffy'!?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/Buffy94209-08-07.jpg

I managed to persuade her not to be a swap present! I cleaned the box and filled it!

Do you want a sneaky peak swapper?!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/mikebull/BeccasBox.jpg

I hope to post it Monday so it should be with you soon.

Kaydee
08-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Awww, so cute! If your swapee doesn't want her I'll take her off your hands!!:teehee:

snephenie
08-10-2007, 05:07 PM
Just want to check and see if everyone has mailed out their packages. If there is a problem with mailing your package please PM me and let me know!

Thanks!!
-Steph

Shandeh
08-10-2007, 08:16 PM
SHANDEH!!!

OMG OMG OMG!! I got my 2nd package (I had a feeling it was you :P) :D

4 faboo vintage (1964) Workbasket maggies and 20 SKEINS OF VINTAGE COTTON!!! It's the most stunning blue!! I will surely be making myself a summer shrug and matching accessories for summer!!!!

I'm a big vintage freak, so this stuff is perfect for yours truly!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! I will take pics tonight and post :D... LOVERLY!!!

<dances.around>

:D

Yay!!! I'm SO glad you like the package! cloud9

I was anxious about making sure you were a happy camper. I spent some time reading your online info, and knew that you liked vintage things, and that you know tatting. So, I went through my Workbasket Magazines to find something you might want. Then, I spied the blue cotton on eBay, and thought you'd like it too.

Whew! What a relief to know that you are pleased!

It was fun to be your swap pal. :wink:

rebecca
08-10-2007, 08:48 PM
This swap has been a blast! Thanks so much, Snephanie for putting it together!! I love looking at everyone's surprises and I must say we have a great group of swappers around here. Well, today I receive my final package and finally found out the name of the best swapper (IMHO) around: KristinW...:cheering::notworthy::cheering::notwort hy::hug: You ROCK, my friend:muah: Your emails have seen me thru some tough times and your surprises have been over and beyond what I would have every expected...thank you so much, you are a dear! FYI, I think she lives in my head because everything she got the 1st swap I would have gotten for myself or was about to get...the same holds true with this swap.
PREPARE TO BE DAZZLED :blooby:1st of all I opened the box to this: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO4.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO4.jpg) an absolute box full of treasure! I opened this lovely washclothhttp://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO-3washcl.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO-3washcl.jpg)& found http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO2.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO2.jpg) the best st markers for socknitting in the world! I then opened http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO6.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO6.jpg)the next beautiful cloth and found hand knit (http://blessed-juno.com/id85.html) handmade soap inside (fyi, I only use handmade soaps, she knows me so well!). How cool is that soap I ask?!
AND THAT'S NOT ALL...I CAN'T EVEN BELIEVE MY EYES!!! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO.jpg) How adorable is this itty bitty sweater keychain from Lantern Moon?! I so love it!!!! Keys will go on it tonight! The HITS keep rolling, my friends...http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO8.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO8.jpg)Yeah, baby, yummmmy chocolates! Prepare yourself, I'm not done....http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO7.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO7.jpg) Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in the teal green colorway...I so LOVE CTH sock yarn. I want you all to know that each time I unwrapped a package I was tearing up a bit more...wouldn't you?! THIS is wonderful...http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_swappalsummer2007packagetwo9.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/swappalsummer2007packagetwo9.jpg) not only my current favorite sock yarn, TOFUtsies, but the green chibis that I've wanted and couldn't find in a yarn shop around here and....journals! These are small enough to actually keep one in my purse. I so could have used one in Charleston last Sat., I had a great design idea, but nothing to write on...the design idea is now history (lol, don't even ask why we didn't stop to get a journal while in Charleston, I don't know:shrug:), this won't happen again, thanks, Kristin! Okay, when I opened this last package I cried like a big baby http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO5.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/SWAPPALSUMMER2007PACKAGETWO5.jpg) When I was last in Barnes & Noble I was looking through it, but Lonnie was in a hurry so I didn't get it...but Kristin did!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/th_swappalsummer2007packagetwo10.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/Yarn%20Porn%20and%20Other%20Goodies/swappalsummer2007packagetwo10.jpg) Thank you, Kristin, you have dazzled and overwhelmed me with your kindness. I have to say, out of all of these lovelies that you have given me, my favorite gift is your friendship, thank you :muah:

kristinw
08-10-2007, 09:01 PM
:blush: aw, you're making me blush Becka! I am so glad that you liked everything. But most of all I'm glad to have made a new friend :woot::hug:

jeanius80
08-10-2007, 09:24 PM
this has been such a great swap!
what thoughtful (and beautiful) gifts you've recieved becca!

jeanius80
08-10-2007, 09:32 PM
my swappee (i think) is unable to oust me ... she doen't have a lot of time right now to be online. I sent this to her in the first package:
a beading magizine, 2 hanks of wool/silk from KP i dyed for her, 2 balls of jojoland merino, 2 balls of Noro Aurora and assortment of 4 Knit Picks yarns, and i made her stitch markers.
in the second package, i knit her a booga bag with Plymouth Boku in Olive tones. i also included a few more sets of stitchmarkers, book "Hot Knits" (http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Knits-Cool-Designs-Knit/dp/0823023389), a cute little 'make-up' pouch that i filled with some nail care acessories, and a little pencil box that i thought would be perfect for DPNs.
I was lucky to be sending packages to VickyS456! I hope she liked everything.

kristinw
08-10-2007, 09:45 PM
wow jeanius80! What great gifts! You totally inspire me to finish my booga too. All I have to knit is the i-cord.

rennfamily
08-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I got my wonderful package yesterday. Unfortunately DH has the camera in the car. So maybe tomorrow I can get some pics! THANK YOU Redwitch! I lobe all my wonderfull goodies, more yarn, stitch markers with matching earrings and a matching row counter braclet! Too fabulous. The scarf is to die for! So soft. I'm going to finish it off and block it on Sunday!

redwitch
08-11-2007, 12:02 AM
I am so glad they were right... making the jewellery was a lot of fun too!

Sarah

threesmom
08-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Wow - I'm just in awe of the packages we're getting - this has been such a great swap!

That hand-dyed yarn is beautiful, Jeanius!

Momto G B and H
08-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I got my package this week but didn't get a chance to post about it as I've been at camp with my kids all week.
I got j2 skeins of Classic Elite Flash, which is a very pretty marled cotton, 2 HeartStrings patterns (Beaded Faux Cable Anklets, and A Bias Toward Lace scarf), 2 pairs of needles, and a cute journal.
My swap partner was Risa. Thanks!

Curly_Toot
08-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey,

i got my package last week but my camera was on the blink so i didnt want to tease anyone without actually posting pictures. But its ready now and i have some pics so here's what WeWantMore - AKA Michelle got me for the last swap. (I e-mailed her as soon as i opened it up and let her know how thrilled i was with it all!!! THANX MICHELLE!)
Note: if you're not on broadband the links to the pictures might take a while to download... they're quite big.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/825/knitting008smalllk5.th.jpg (http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=knitting008smalllk5.jpg)http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6313/knitting002smallzl6.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=knitting002smallzl6.jpg)http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/3125/knitting003smallry0.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=knitting003smallry0.jpg)
All the stuff in the bag is my stash... no thats not all of it, but a good portion of it (yeah my stash isnt that bad really!)

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/1983/knitting007smallaf9.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=knitting007smallaf9.jpg) I LOVE Michelles work on the needles case - she says its not perfect, but I think it is!! I love the fabric choices too *drool* ooh and i should also mention that she included the bamboo & purple double pointed needles and the red straights in the middle - you can never have too many needles!! :)
http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3816/knitting004smallug9.th.jpg (http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=knitting004smallug9.jpg)just a look at the inside of the book.... which was really heavy mind you!! She paid a fortune for shipping!

So thankyou to everyone who made my first swap experience such a great one!
I've joined the secret swapper 11 swap which is organised outside of KH, so i've passed on the next swap... but i deftinatly look forward to participating in another swapp with KH in the near future!!

Curly_Toot
08-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Curly toot... Thank you! I love my package!:woot::woot:

Ok for everyone more knitting porn...My haul...lol I got a nice soft hat the picture doesn't do it justice. Its soft and pretty and is black with a row of colored beads knit into the band. I also got a small neck warmer made from the same yarn and also decorated with the beads on each end.
A really cute box (Did you make the box?) with stitch markers in it hand made for me. I love them they are sooooo pretty! If that wasn't enough I got 3 small canvases so I can paint...:woot:
Hey Lisa :)
i'm so happy you like everything, and yes i collaged the box myself :)!! I couldnt resist the little canvases.... there were four but i kept one for myself :whistle:

wewantmore
08-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Curly (I won't use your real name as I don't see you using it here) You are most welcome. I had a blast being your semi-secret swapper. :teehee:

Michelle

misstialouise
08-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Yay!!! I'm SO glad you like the package! cloud9

I was anxious about making sure you were a happy camper. I spent some time reading your online info, and knew that you liked vintage things, and that you know tatting. So, I went through my Workbasket Magazines to find something you might want. Then, I spied the blue cotton on eBay, and thought you'd like it too.

Whew! What a relief to know that you are pleased!

It was fun to be your swap pal. :wink:

You did a brilliant job!!! :D :yay::yay::yay:

marykz
08-13-2007, 09:25 AM
On Saturday I got the most beautiful, colorful, happiest BOOGA BAG!! :cheering:it is a marvelous rainbow of colors and just the perfect size for me- I just love it!!! (my camera has had a minor meltdown :gah:but I'm fixing it now- will post soon) and I love the tea light candles.

yesterday I was recovering after having a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds over for a splash party and a little sweet smelling candle and knitting was exactly what I needed. :knitting:and the candy too- do I have to share??? :teehee: LOL

Kayleigh was THRILLED to get crafts to do. She loves to paint and craft and was mystified that my secret friend would know she loved Disney Princesses. K also has her eye on the yummy candy!:eyes:

Danielle- you kept a great secret- and I'm sending big hugs and big thanks!!! :balloons:

Leah22b
08-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Update we only have 17 left to receive the 2nd package....:woohoo:
Happy Swapping!

Curly toot... I love the box. You did a great job on it. Hehehehe I'm saving the canvas for a nice quiet time. Hopefully I'll get some time soon.:hug:

Secksiebrat
08-13-2007, 12:16 PM
I received my package on Saturday as well. I've got some pictures I need to get off my camera and hope to post them later!

I received some beautiful stitch markers (of which I don't but a few, so that's really nice), some fudge (which I've never heard of and can't wait to try), some wonderful smelling candles, some "candy" looking bath fizzles and a "all you need to know about knitting" book.

Thank you so very much! I'm hoping to try the fudge out tonight and soak in a warm bath tub as well :)

I hope to get some pictures up later. Thanks again Shannon I really appreciate it you did a wonderful job!

~danielle~

rebecca
08-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Great Big Good Goodies EVERYWHERE!!!

Nobones
08-13-2007, 04:50 PM
I posted my parcel out today, my swapper should get it soon. I can't wait to see what she thinks.

I am also looking forward to finding out whoever has me. It's all very exciting! :woohoo:

marykz
08-13-2007, 04:55 PM
here's my lovely rainbow booga bag!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1197/1108179276_417b5f79e6_d.jpg

MommaG
08-13-2007, 11:11 PM
OH MY GOSH I LOVE MY PACKAGE. My swap partner was oneyarn and she made me an absolutly lovely bag that she felted. I can't wait for work tomorrow to use it. I have attached a pic and please forgive the blurriness my son dropped our camera and don't work right now. The pictures do not do it justice. It is just beautiful. She also sent a zoom loom which I can't wait to try using. And she sent me a brownie that I can microwave to cook. There are already arguments over who gets to eat it in our house. Oneyarn just gotta say thank you so much again I LOVE IT.

jeanius80
08-13-2007, 11:17 PM
OH MY GOSH I LOVE MY PACKAGE. My swap partner was oneyarn and she made me an absolutly lovely bag that she felted. I can't wait for work tomorrow to use it. .... The pictures do not do it justice. It is just beautiful.
what a beautiful bag! i love everything about it:inlove: so pretty

aineepooh1
08-14-2007, 12:43 AM
:passedout: +LOVE that bag~!:thumbsup:

Kaydee
08-14-2007, 10:13 AM
What a neat bag! Your little girl looks like she might want to steal it from you:teehee:

domiknitrix
08-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone,

I love my package that I received from no other than KBlue. :happydance: I really was spoiled and I must THANK her again and again for restoring my faith in swaps!!! Okay, okay. I know you want me to get on with it.

What did I receive you ask?????? I say to you, what didn't I receive!!! 2 skeins of yarn for dying, 52 packets of Kool-Aid (the little one counted), directions to dye the yarn, measuring tape to carry (really needed this, I had the tape all over the place in my purse), row counter, cable needles (never can have enough), candle, and a journal (I so love journals). And the cuties purse in the world. My daughter, thinks she's getting it but it is not going to happen!!:fingerwag:

Thanks Papergirl and Kblue for being my partners in this swap. Knittinghelp Rocks:cheering:

PaperGirl
08-14-2007, 01:07 PM
No hon, thank YOU for being my partner! You rock! The pinky yarn is coming out GORGEOUS for my Monkeys!

Kaydee
08-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Another beautiful bag!!:passedout:

kblue
08-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Domiknitrix I'm so glad you like everything!!! I had a great time being your swap partner and getting to know you. You're great. :waving: