PDA

View Full Version : Summer Swappers (Swappers & Swappees Assigned)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

snephenie
05-15-2007, 11:06 PM
***IMPORTANT***
We are starting a new Yarn Swap!!! Yay!!!

***SUMMER SWAPPERS***

Please copy and paste this questionaire into an email and send to me at snephenie@gmail. Put YARN SWAP in the subject line please.

We will take sign ups until WED May 23rd. I will try to get everyone their partners by Friday the 26th.

We will be doing a TWO part swap. With the first package being YARN, I think a good date to mail this would be July 1st. That gives us a little over a month to get the package out.

Part Two will be either a knitted object (I think we should keep this simple as we are all at different levels in our knitting abilities) -OR- knitting related goodies. This should go out August 1st.

Here is to a fun filled summer filled with knitting, yarn and as always here on KH good friends!!!

If anyone has any proplems please PM or email me and do not post them here.

If anyone has any suggestions for changes feel free to let me know...I'm open.

(A special thank you to Kblue as I used your questionaire :muah:)

QUESTIONNAIRE
1. Your name (KH Screen name, first name, last name):

2. Your mailing address:

3. Your primary e-mail address:

4. If there are any problems with your questionnaire how would you like me (snephenie) to contact you? (Primary email or KnittingHelp PM)

5. Price category $5, $10, $15, $20-50:

6. Your preference on possibly SENDING to someone in another country?
(Donít Mind Sending or Prefer Not To)

7. Is your home smoke &/o pet-free?
(all yarn being given should be kept oderless and kept away for any kind of pets for allergy reasons)

8. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?

9. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?

10. Fiber preference?

11. Color preference?

12. Other interest?

13. Would you be willing to be a Back Up Secret Knitter for someone who is unable to send to their assigned Pal? (you would then have 2 people to give to)

rennfamily
05-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I want in! I can't send a PM at the moment though.

marykz
05-16-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm in, but can't find the pm button. I'm probably being dense... but where is it now? Thanks!!

rennfamily
05-16-2007, 01:43 PM
If you click on the person's name it brings up a box of available things and one of them is send a PM.

sara_jayne
05-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Mary - if you click the user's name over their avatar you'll get the option to send them a PM ;)

Sanibelle
05-16-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm so in! I really love the ideas of a 2 part swap and I think it will be fun to knit something.

Thanks so much Snephanie for coordinating this.

Are we going tohave categories for the cost of yarn we want to swap like we did this last time???? I think that worked out great so no one felt obligated to spend more than they wanted to.

Lynn

jeanius80
05-16-2007, 02:11 PM
sounds great. i think would like to join in too. we should have the guidelines written out first. price ranges for the yarn, and a range for the knitted item too. a questionaire, and deadlines for each portion of the swap :)

threesmom
05-16-2007, 02:18 PM
:cheering: I want in too! I've been hoping someone would start another one - thanks snephenie! :cheering: I'll try pming you now...

marykz
05-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Mary - if you click the user's name over their avatar you'll get the option to send them a PM ;)

thanks to both for the quick reply!!! (I AM a little dense today...)

at the risk of repeating myself, I worry my skillz don't meet the level of so many here. maybe a category for new knitters along with the cost/preferences? I'd hate for someone to send me something so beautiful that i"d be embarassed to send something of my own... Or maybe a theme for the knitted item to make in part II?

anyways... thanks again- off to try the pm...

PaperGirl
05-16-2007, 02:36 PM
I would love to join too!

VickyS456
05-16-2007, 02:41 PM
I already sent my PM, but to make this easier, maybe we could use similar (or the same?) guidelines and questionnaire that we did with the last swap? That seemed to go over well.

snephenie
05-16-2007, 03:02 PM
I'll get a questionaire set up and posted. I just wanted to make sure there was interest first...

I guess that is pretty much a given though since we all love YARN!!

BostonBecca
05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
But replying to say I am in!

I am so excited. I think the price range is a great idea and maybe we should keep the second project to something simple? That way beginners do not feel reluctant at doing the swap.

JamOKnit
05-16-2007, 03:46 PM
Me too! I wanna play! Sending PM now.

psammeadred
05-16-2007, 05:52 PM
Count me in! :happydance:

MommaG
05-16-2007, 06:09 PM
I PM'd you
I would love to get involved in one.

aineepooh1
05-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Maybe we could send 1st round: YARN
2nd round: knitted item/ or knitted related items...
since many of us did it anyway maybe we could just seperate the 2 categories.. so that if you WANT to send a knitted item on the 2nd round you can OR you can give knitted related goodies...

and I agree the price $ ranges are a must b/c that way noone feels that they MUST spend more than they can afford~!:lol:

I:inlove::inlove::inlove: my stitch markers from the swap Chel~ ( I think I am develping anew fetish)

snephenie
05-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Maybe we could send 1st round: YARN
2nd round: knitted item/ or knitted related items...
since many of us did it anyway maybe we could just seperate the 2 categories.. so that if you WANT to send a knitted item on the 2nd round you can OR you can give knitted related goodies...

and I agree the price $ ranges are a must b/c that way noone feels that they MUST spend more than they can afford~!:lol:

I:inlove::inlove::inlove: my stitch markers from the swap Chel~ ( I think I am develping anew fetish)

Very good idea...I'm posting the questionaire now. I think a week is a good time to get signed up? If anyone thinks we need longer we can extend it a bit.

snephenie
05-16-2007, 07:51 PM
***IMPORTANT***
We are starting a new Yarn Swap!!! Yay!!!

***SUMMER SWAPPERS***

Please copy and paste this questionaire into an email and send to me at snephenie@gmail. Put YARN SWAP in the subject line please.

We will take sign ups until WED May 23rd. I will try to get everyone their partners by Friday the 26th.

We will be doing a TWO part swap. With the first package being YARN, I think a good date to mail this would be July 1st. That gives us a little over a month to get the package out.

Part Two will be either a knitted object (I think we should keep this simple as we are all at different levels in our knitting abilities) -OR- knitting related goodies. This should go out August 1st.

Here is to a fun filled summer filled with knitting, yarn and as always here on KH good friends!!!

If anyone has any proplems please PM or email me and do not post them here.

If anyone has any suggestions for changes feel free to let me know...I'm open.

(A special thank you to Kblue as I used your questionaire :muah:)

QUESTIONNAIRE
1. Your name (KH Screen name, first name, last name):

2. Your mailing address:

3. Your primary e-mail address:

4. If there are any problems with your questionnaire how would you like me (snephenie) to contact you? (Primary email or KnittingHelp PM)

5. Price category $5, $10, $15, $20-50:

6. Your preference on possibly SENDING to someone in another country?
(Donít Mind Sending or Prefer Not To)

7. Is your home smoke &/o pet-free?
(all yarn being given should be kept oderless and kept away for any kind of pets for allergy reasons)

8. Do you have any allergies to pets &/o smoke?

9. Are you allergic or adverse to any types of yarns?

10. Fiber preference?

11. Color preference?

12. Other interest?

13. Would you be willing to be a Back Up Secret Knitter for someone who is unable to send to their assigned Pal? (you would then have 2 people to give to)

Chel
05-16-2007, 08:33 PM
The total is for each box? Or both boxes together?

jeanius80
05-16-2007, 09:55 PM
The total is for each box? Or both boxes together?
yeah, what she said?:think:

snephenie
05-16-2007, 10:59 PM
I would think for each box since they are two different months...

Also I have only received one email...I wasn't sure if I am having mail problems or only one was sent.

MommaG
05-16-2007, 11:51 PM
I e-mailed you did you get it Steph?

snephenie
05-16-2007, 11:54 PM
I e-mailed you did you get it Steph?

Yes, I got yours and I also got one via PM from Secksiebrat.

:)

jeanius80
05-17-2007, 01:02 AM
i emailed you snephenie :)

VickyS456
05-17-2007, 05:47 AM
I emailed you too, Steph.

I'm so excited, the last swap was so much fun :)

JamOKnit
05-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Just sent you an email! I am so excited!

snephenie
05-17-2007, 09:59 AM
These are the questionaires I have so far. I will keep editing throughout signups this one post that way no one has to worry if theirs was received or not. (now granted I am a KH addict, I do work during the day, so if you name isn't on the list by the day after you send it let me know ::)

SUMMER SWAPPERS LIST

JamOKnit
ADAllen
MommaG
Marykz
Sesckiebrat
BostonBecca
Rennfamily
VickyS456
jeanius80
psammeadred
Sanibelle
PaperGirl
clb1968
Oznog27
michellebreton
threesmom
Domiknitrix
Rebecca
GJ
Charmy
Letah75
itsjustmeghan
spectorkitty
misstialouise
redwitch
nobones
wewantmore
tracyleighj
robinbyrd
kristinw
mare-knit
snowbear
curly_toot
sig
Eloewien
KathyinCali

Sanibelle
05-17-2007, 10:02 AM
I eamiled you with my questionnaire.

Thanks again

Lynn

PaperGirl
05-17-2007, 11:59 AM
I just now emailed you!

michellebreton
05-17-2007, 05:47 PM
For the knitted item: What kind of knitted items are we talking? Will there be a value on those items as well? I'm just trying to figure out what I could be getting myself into! My summers tend to be very busy!

Michelle

snephenie
05-17-2007, 07:50 PM
For the knitted item: What kind of knitted items are we talking? Will there be a value on those items as well? I'm just trying to figure out what I could be getting myself into! My summers tend to be very busy!

Michelle

I would think something simple and not too complex. A bag (booga perhaps)

I was thinking (before I decided to organize this) that there are some cute felted patterns out there that dont take too much work. A felted bowl, coasters etc...
Some face cloths & bath salts can be a quick, simple and inexpensive idea as well...

In another swap I was in with a different board someone made me felted sunglass case. I use it all the time.

I hardly doubt anyone is expecting to receive a sweater. I say, have FUN and keep it simple. :thumbsup:

snephenie
05-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Is there anyone of the graphically inclined variety that would like to make us a blinkie/button of some sort???

ADAllen
05-17-2007, 09:55 PM
I threw this together but you certainly don't have to use it. I'm not even sure if this is actually what you were asking for.

clb1968
05-17-2007, 10:16 PM
sent my email

snephenie
05-17-2007, 10:33 PM
I threw this together but you certainly don't have to use it. I'm not even sure if this is actually what you were asking for.

I LOVE it!!! Thanks! :)

michellebreton
05-18-2007, 07:46 AM
I hardly doubt anyone is expecting to receive a sweater. I say, have FUN and keep it simple. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the ideas... I knew a sweater was more than called for, but that is all my brain thinks these days! I have a hard time thinking of smaller projects, although, I guess I haven't pattern searched either.

Perhaps I will join!

Michelle:cheering:

Sanibelle
05-18-2007, 09:30 AM
When I suggested the idea that we do a 2 part swap I just wanted it to be fun. I was in a swap last year that we knit something for the person we were sending to. I received a beautiful scarf and I also made a scarf for the person I sent to. The knitting part is just for fun - it should not have to be a big deal - a scarf, felted bag, some washcloths, anything.... something that you have fun knitting. No matter what it is I am sure the person who gets it will love it because of all the love that is in each stitch!

The swap was so much fun last time and that is what this is all about.

Lynn

snephenie
05-18-2007, 10:31 AM
When I suggested the idea that we do a 2 part swap I just wanted it to be fun. I was in a swap last year that we knit something for the person we were sending to. I received a beautiful scarf and I also made a scarf for the person I sent to. The knitting part is just for fun - it should not have to be a big deal - a scarf, felted bag, some washcloths, anything.... something that you have fun knitting. No matter what it is I am sure the person who gets it will love it because of all the love that is in each stitch!

The swap was so much fun last time and that is what this is all about.

Lynn

:thumbsup:

MommaG
05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
I am so looking forward to taking part in this. This site is great. I am now involved with an odd ball blanket, an odd ball shawl, and now this swap I am excited to be parts of these and I never would have if I hadn't found this site.

PaperGirl
05-18-2007, 11:31 AM
I already know exactly what I want to knit for my pal! Its such a CUTE pattern, and I LOVE knitting it!

snephenie
05-18-2007, 12:18 PM
There have been a few people asking if we are keeping this secret.

I think we should...I think it makes it more fun that way :)

threesmom
05-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Steph - I sent my questionaire - let me know if you don't get it - I would hate to miss out - I'm so excited by this! Oh, and btw - how to get that cool little swap box to show up in your signature? :??

aineepooh1
05-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I missed some of the details of this swap?? Where is the questionairre for the swap??
I wanna participate too~!:cheering:

snephenie
05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Steph - I sent my questionaire - let me know if you don't get it - I would hate to miss out - I'm so excited by this! Oh, and btw - how to get that cool little swap box to show up in your signature? :??

I got it, I will update the list later on today. Im at work and have to be on stealth mode posting here.

To add the banner you go to your CP and edit signature. There is an icon to add a picture. You can either save it in your own online image hosting account or use the one I uploaded which is

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/knitz/swapbanner.jpg

snephenie
05-18-2007, 02:43 PM
I missed some of the details of this swap?? Where is the questionairre for the swap??
I wanna participate too~!:cheering:

Page 1, first post, I edited to so the questionaire is there too.

We still have a week of sign ups so you are good :)

rebecca
05-18-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm in, I'm about to send you my questionairre now. Okay, to be doubly sure, I'm asking again so I can plan. The $ amount we choose is per month, not for both months together, correct?

snephenie
05-18-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm in, I'm about to send you my questionairre now. Okay, to be doubly sure, I'm asking again so I can plan. The $ amount we choose is per month, not for both months together, correct?

Yes it is!

How are you?? I've been MIA from here for a while, well I lurk a lot but haven't posted much in the last few months. I see you are designing away now! They look great.

rebecca
05-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks, that's so sweet! Lonnie wants socks and the least that I can do are design them for him!
I've been down so much with my health that I've not been on here in forever, it's been a long time! I am so happy i saw the swap, you did get my email, right?!
This is going to be such fun, thanks for being our leader :muah:

snephenie
05-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Rebecca, I don't see yours in my email or PM box.

I'm updating the list that I have.

rebecca
05-18-2007, 07:05 PM
I just copied the email and pasted it into a pm to you....did you get it?!

snephenie
05-18-2007, 07:21 PM
I just copied the email and pasted it into a pm to you....did you get it?!

Got it. Adding you in now.

rebecca
05-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Thank you, Dahlin'

G J
05-18-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm so glad I found this. I just sent you my questionaire!

spectorkitty
05-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm in! This is my first one ever and I'm excited!

Let me know if you got it!

charmy
05-18-2007, 10:07 PM
I emailed you about joining this swap! I hope I am not too young of a KH forumer to join.

itsjustmeghan
05-18-2007, 11:33 PM
:cheering:
yeah!!! i'm so excited! sent off my pm! i'm a swap newbie, but have always wanted to do one. so yeah for me!

silly question...
how do i get the cute little swap siggy in my signature? i've tried it 10 different ways...i guess i'm missing some major step!:shrug:

clb1968
05-18-2007, 11:52 PM
You can either copy and paste the link http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/knitz/swapbanner.jpg, into your signature in your users control panel, just click the little yellow box with the mountains in it , and it will show up.

Also you can save it to your pc and have it on a photo site and just use the IMG option and copy and paste that into your signature.

HTH

letah75
05-18-2007, 11:59 PM
I'm IN!!! Wooooo HHOOOOOOO

Nobones
05-19-2007, 05:35 AM
I am in.. Although I am worried about knitting something for someone else. My knitting isn't that good.

misstialouise
05-19-2007, 06:27 AM
I've sent my email...

:D

wewantmore
05-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Oh oh oh pick me. I wanna join.

I sent ya an email.

Michelle

snephenie
05-19-2007, 10:37 AM
I am in.. Although I am worried about knitting something for someone else. My knitting isn't that good.

Do something felted, it covers up virtually any mistake!!! :thumbsup:

spectorkitty
05-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Maybe you could put two fairly new knitters together so we won't feel bad if we get something great, and they get well, something that a new knitter can knit.

I'm not saying anything about anyone else on here, this is entirely me, but I'm not all that good yet. I have knit dishcloths, a hat, some scarfs, a couple of change purses and that's about it. I'd feel bad if they were disappointed.

I hope that is ok to say, this is my insecurity showing, but I'd really love to do this!

traceleighj
05-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I sent you an e-mail.....this sounds like fun!

Tracie :lol:

robynbird
05-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm in! I sent you my email just a few minutes ago. I think this is a just what I need. :)

BostonBecca
05-19-2007, 03:09 PM
I am so glad a bunch of people are doing this!

snowbear
05-19-2007, 05:03 PM
OK.. I'm in.. I can't wait. I had so much fun for the last one.. This one will be really great.. I can't wait to get my info to start the fun!

Nobones
05-19-2007, 05:18 PM
Felting? Noooooo :shock::noway:. I'm a beginner, felting and sock knitting are the two things that scare me!

jeanius80
05-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Felting? Noooooo :shock::noway:. I'm a beginner, felting and sock knitting are the two things that scare me!

felting is fun! and easy! it's just washing your knits in hot soapy water! and hides mistakes well too :mrgreen:

i am still working on my first socks. i am at the heel (toe ups) and i just haven't been working on them:shrug:

meearnol
05-19-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm in! This is my first yarn swap, and I'm super excited! :happydance:

VickyS456
05-20-2007, 05:03 AM

LOL! Socks and felting scare me too :pout:

Maybe I should put myself out of my misery and make felted socks. Is that even possible?

Nobones
05-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Why would deliberately do that to yourself??? You mad mad women!

mare-nitt
05-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I just signed up, I was in the last one and it was fun.:thumbsup:

I am also a new knitter so the option to send a knitting goodie or a knitted item on the 2nd part of the swap is a great idea, no pressure.:hug:

Marilynn

redwitch
05-20-2007, 09:34 AM
Anyone who gets a project that is not super-advanced will still be very happy and know that they have one of the first works from a beginning knitter! We would all be very happy to get something that has taken thought and effort regardless of how many hours or what skill level were required. But as someone said, felted items hide mistakes if you are worried about that. And you can send something else. But anyone will be appreciative no matter what, in fact if you are a beginner we know that the item took even more effort than if it came from an old hand! and it's nice to knit for other knitters! Also once you know who you are sending to you can look at what they post and see whether they knit extra-complicated stuff that makes you nervous to send FOs to them or not. It really is the thought that counts in this.

Sarah

rebecca
05-20-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm so excited, this is going to be such fun! I've been in the last 2 swaps and have had a blast! Had wonderful swap pals both giving and receiving! I love the idea of the 2nd month being something knit or knitty goodies....I've not yet decided if I'm knitting or buying knitty goodies, depends upon my partner, if he/she likes alot of knitty goodness (books, bags, like me...vintage knitting things, etc) then I'll do knitty goodies for certain. If he/she doesn't say one way or another...I still don't know...it will remain a surprise, surprise!!!

Several of you know that I've started collecting vintage yarn holders, I thought I'd let ya'll know that you can find all sorts of cool vintage knitting things like that on Ebay. I usually search for this: (bex, bakelite) (wool, yarn, string) holder to get a nice selection. Then there are vintage knitting gauges, knitting boxes, etc...lots of cool things to be found. Perhaps a good idea for your swap partner :happydancing:

jeanius80
05-20-2007, 08:11 PM
LOL! Socks and felting scare me too :pout:

Maybe I should put myself out of my misery and make felted socks. Is that even possible?
felted socks!!:thumbsup: (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html)

snephenie
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Socks scare me, but it might also be that I very rarely ever wear socks AND I have large feet....so the thought of spending that much time on such small needles....I don't know...Maybe if I found a child sized pattern :) My daughter would certainly love them.

Just so everyone knows....I was at a wedding all day yesterday so I'll get to the new emails and add names by tonight!!

kristinw
05-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Emailed you!

snephenie
05-20-2007, 10:06 PM
I've added everyone that I've recieved so far.

There are a few who have mentioned getting bounce back messages. If for any reason you can't email me, just either PM the questionaire or email it through the forum.

thanks!! I'm so glad to see so many people signing up!! :)

Curly_Toot
05-21-2007, 02:18 AM
Howdy all,

i'm in too!!
we're all really understanding around here, i know i wouldnt mind what i got... it would just be exciting to get something in the mail from someone on the other side of the world, who shares the same knitting obsession as i do!!

i have been thinking tho, i am on the other side of the world... where it is winter now not summer, so my LYS probably isnt stocking summery yarns, thats not going to be a problem is it??

misstialouise
05-21-2007, 02:37 AM
i have been thinking tho, i am on the other side of the world... where it is winter now not summer, so my LYS probably isnt stocking summery yarns, thats not going to be a problem is it??

Hey CT! I'm in Australia too, and if you're finding that your LYS isn't stocking any decent summer weight yarn, that's okay.. because if you send yarn to the States, they can then knit something now for winter... :D Or send a NOICE Cotton yarn...

sig
05-21-2007, 05:00 AM
i emailed you! :happydance:

Nobones
05-21-2007, 05:07 AM
Did you get my email? I have had a few problems with sending it?
I wouldn't want to miss out:oo:

rennfamily
05-21-2007, 07:17 AM
I agree CT remember some of us in the US live in warmer states too. I'm so excited I can't wait to buy something. And knitting something is a great idea. I would agree that we all know there are different levels of skill here and we will all be thankful that whatever we receive was knit with love for us.

Eloewien
05-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm in :) And another comment to those in Australia-- I would just be excited about ANY yarn... but that's just me!

I can't wait! I love yarn shopping, and right now I've got so much that hubby would get grumpy if I went shopping for me, so it gives me an excuse to both get new yarn and go shopping! I can't wait!

PaperGirl
05-21-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm in :) And another comment to those in Australia-- I would just be excited about ANY yarn... but that's just me!

I can't wait! I love yarn shopping, and right now I've got so much that hubby would get grumpy if I went shopping for me, so it gives me an excuse to both get new yarn and go shopping! I can't wait!

Thats the excuse I use with mine too. :roflhard:

"But honeeeeee..its not for meeeeeeeeeeeeee....."

aineepooh1
05-21-2007, 12:05 PM
What page is the Questionairre on??? I can't find it~!:think:

BostonBecca
05-21-2007, 12:15 PM
1st page

domiknitrix
05-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi ya'll I want to join as well. I sent my questionaire and I wanted to see if you received it. I am so excited!!:happydancing:

snephenie
05-21-2007, 07:55 PM
PLEASE CHECK THIS LIST TO BE CERTAIN YOUR NAME IS ON IT. IF YOU DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME ON THE LIST EITHER PM OR EMAIL ME YOUR QUESTIONAIRE AGAIN.

I DONT WANT ANYONE TO MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT FUN GROUP WE HAVE HERE.

(I also have a post on page 3 but I think it's going to be burried so I thought I'd put it here)

SUMMER SWAPPERS LIST

1.JamOKnit
2.ADAllen
3.MommaG
4.Marykz
5.Sesckiebrat
6.BostonBecca
7.Rennfamily
8.VickyS456
9.jeanius80
10.psammeadred
11.Sanibelle
12.PaperGirl
13.clb1968
14.Oznog27
15.michellebreton
16.threesmom
17.Domiknitrix
18.Rebecca
19.GJ
20.Charmy
21.Letah75
22.itsjustmeghan
23.spectorkitty
24.misstialouise
25.redwitch
26.nobones
27.wewantmore
28.tracyleighj
29.robinbyrd
30.kristinw
31.mare-knit
32.snowbear
33.curly_toot
34.sig
35.Eloewien
36.KathyinCali
37.jmp3775
38.kblue
39.weebie
40.shandeh
41.momto g b and h
42.syndactylus
43.cftwo
44.Pandaca
45.kaydee
46.meearnol
47.leah22b
48.doodknitwit
49.oneyarn
50.orcoastknitter
51.mks22300
52.aineepooh
53.quiltlady
54.coffeeandknitting

jeanius80
05-21-2007, 10:25 PM
:??umm i know this is a 'summer swap', does that mean we have to swap 'summer' yarns? or is it whatever the reciever likes goes? i just don't want to send something like bulky wool when i should send dk cotton!:teehee:

kristinw
05-21-2007, 10:44 PM
:??umm i know this is a 'summer swap', does that mean we have to swap 'summer' yarns? or is it whatever the reciever likes goes? i just don't want to send something like bulky wool when i should send dk cotton!:teehee:

I'm going to vote no to that. Unless of course in the questionnaire you mentioned cotton in your preferences. I see summer as a time to start gifts for christmas! :teehee:

snephenie
05-21-2007, 10:48 PM
I called it Summer swappers because of the months we are swapping in...June & July...I didn't even think of the fact that not everyone is on the same season schedule...

Sorry :(

jeanius80
05-21-2007, 10:58 PM
I called it Summer swappers because of the months we are swapping in...June & July...I didn't even think of the fact that not everyone is on the same season schedule...

Sorry :(

no apologies needed! i just want to make sure i did the right thing! :mrgreen:

Curly_Toot
05-22-2007, 02:14 AM
For those of us in the opposite seasons, it might be nice to get some summer threads :)

YAY this is going to be fun! I dont even have a swap parter yet and i'm thinking about what i'm going to buy!!

misstialouise
05-22-2007, 03:51 AM
It would be nice to get yarn that you can't get locally :D

VickyS456
05-22-2007, 04:45 AM
It would be nice to get yarn that you can't get locally :grin:

I agree. So many patterns call for US brands that simply aren't available in a lot of places without paying an arm and a leg, if we have access to it at all.

On the other side, the markup for a lot of European yarns in the US is pretty big as well. I'm happy to send a bunch of European yarns to someone who doesn't have easy/cheaper access to it :D

The last swap worked out great for me that way!

Nobones
05-22-2007, 04:48 AM
:cheering: I'm in the swap! I'm soooo excited. I've already had a few ideas and got 1 item. I can't wait to find out who I've got and start shopping. I'm even not scared of knitting for them anymore!:happydancing:

redwitch
05-22-2007, 07:05 AM
It would be nice to get yarn that you can't get locally :D

ohh very subtle

jeanius80
05-22-2007, 09:21 AM
i cant wait to see who i get! i agree with misstialouise.....i guess we should make sure to ask our recievers if there are any specific yarns they would like to try:whistle:

jmp3775
05-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Just signed up!

jmp3775
05-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Oh, and a quick question, in case I missed something in the thread. In the first post, it says part 2 is a knitted item OR knitting related goodies. It seems like everyone is talking about a knitted item. Did the knitting goodies option get the axe? Or is everyone just preferring the knitted item option? :shrug:

kblue
05-22-2007, 10:49 AM
Oh, and a quick question, in case I missed something in the thread. In the first post, it says part 2 is a knitted item OR knitting related goodies. It seems like everyone is talking about a knitted item. Did the knitting goodies option get the axe? Or is everyone just preferring the knitted item option? :shrug:

Ya i was about to ask this before i signed up??? So part 1 is yarn and part 2 is ??? I'd rather give knitting goodies since i don't have enough faith in my knitting and my time for knitting has been cut to a minimum since i started babysitting.

jeanius80
05-22-2007, 10:56 AM
as far as i know, its still either knit something or send knitty stuff. the only thing i could knit fast enough would be a booga:teehee:

kblue
05-22-2007, 11:08 AM
OK OK i hope i'm not too late i SENT in my questionnaire. :happydance:

Hee hee i forgot that re-did my settings for i think 40 post on a page... so when i read the new title saying list of swapers on page 10 i was wondering...but theres only 3 pages hee hee.

Weebie
05-22-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm going to resend my info becuse I didn't make the list.

pandaca
05-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Just signed up! I'm pretty new to KH and I'm SO excited about the swap!

domiknitrix
05-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone,

I am a little confused about the swap, hopefully someone can help me out. Okay, here it goes. I understand that it is a two part swap. 1st yarn, 2nd to knit something or something knitterly. My confusion is the categories we picked for the amount. If I chose the 20 - 50 category is that for the whole swap or 20-50 for the yarn and 20-50 for the knitted something.

Just trying to make sure I don't short change anyone and end up on a list somewhere.

Thanks ladies and gents.

wewantmore
05-22-2007, 03:04 PM
I agree. So many patterns call for US brands that simply aren't available in a lot of places without paying an arm and a leg, if we have access to it at all.

On the other side, the markup for a lot of European yarns in the US is pretty big as well. I'm happy to send a bunch of European yarns to someone who doesn't have easy/cheaper access to it :D

The last swap worked out great for me that way!

:teehee: That's why I put I'd ship out of the States, just in case it gets me in good with someone out of the States shipping in.

Michelle

snephenie
05-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I am a little confused about the swap, hopefully someone can help me out. Okay, here it goes. I understand that it is a two part swap. 1st yarn, 2nd to knit something or something knitterly. My confusion is the categories we picked for the amount. If I chose the 20 - 50 category is that for the whole swap or 20-50 for the yarn and 20-50 for the knitted something.

Just trying to make sure I don't short change anyone and end up on a list somewhere.

Thanks ladies and gents.

The price categories are for each section of the swap. So 20-50 for the first and 20-50 for the second.

jeanius80
05-22-2007, 04:43 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks ladies and gents.
you pick your category, say 15, and buy at least that much in yarn to send away the first month, then in month two you again spend at least the minimum on a knitted item or knitty goods ( like patterns, ect.) so if your category is 15, then 30 total, and shipping costs are separate and dont count towards your total.

domiknitrix
05-23-2007, 10:15 AM
Thanks Steph and Jeanius80. :muah:

BostonBecca
05-23-2007, 10:37 AM
I just thought I might suggest picking a specific number for the range of 20 to 50, such as establishing a 20 dollar category, a 35 dollar category and a 50 dollar category. There is quite a difference between 20 and 50 and I would hate to see someone be really generous and find something super fantastic for their swap partner for 50 and then receive less yarn in return.

KathyinCali
05-23-2007, 10:41 AM
I'm so glad someone organizes these swaps. They are so much fun:cheering:

threesmom
05-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I just thought I might suggest picking a specific number for the range of 20 to 50, such as establishing a 20 dollar category, a 35 dollar category and a 50 dollar category. There is quite a difference between 20 and 50 and I would hate to see someone be really generous and find something super fantastic for their swap partner for 50 and then receive less yarn in return.
I agree! I was actually stessing over this point - I put myself in this catagory because I can afford somewhere around 30, but would hate to short change someone who was in the 50 range. Which brings up my other question - Do we have one person who we send to and another who sends to us? Or do we have a partner - like a switch? I know it's secret, so I guess option 1, but I'm just confused:??. But then we're partners :???:..... I'm sorry - I'm new at this ... don't mind me:blush:

wewantmore
05-23-2007, 11:22 AM
:think: for the 20-50 range I just put the amount I could do. I think it was 25 or 30 (can't remember at the moment) I didn't put 20-50, I put the actual amount I wanted to do. :shrug:

I don't think there are 'partners'. But I'm not running the show and this is my first swap.

Michelle

marykz
05-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Would it be possible to compile a post/page with all the guidelines, dates, and requirements? I'm getting a little confused about exactly what I need to do (or what exactly I've agreed to or what someone might be expecting...)

One post to refer to with all the guidleines would be really helpful.
for example:
Date for package #1
What your $ includes. (i.e. yarn, not postage or extras)
Date for package #2
What is it supposed to be- knitted item? knitting-related item? do we have a theme?
What your $ includes (value of gift, not postage)

is it secret
when do we reveal ourselves
do we mail early, or wait until the deadline approaches
how do we determine the value of gift #2? on yarn cost?
etc.

Sorry if all the above should be obvious.... I just like the rules spelled out to me :rollseyes:

Shandeh
05-23-2007, 01:49 PM
I just joined with a PM. :hug:

KathyinCali
05-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Several of you know that I've started collecting vintage yarn holders, I thought I'd let ya'll know that you can find all sorts of cool vintage knitting things like that on Ebay. I usually search for this: (bex, bakelite) (wool, yarn, string) holder to get a nice selection. Then there are vintage knitting gauges, knitting boxes, etc...lots of cool things to be found. Perhaps a good idea for your swap partner :happydancing:

What a wonderful thing to collect. My aunt Kat has collected them since she was a teenager and has too many to count. They are all beautiful and she has taken care of them as thought they were china. They are to be passed down to me. Thanks for making me think of her today :hug:

snephenie
05-23-2007, 04:00 PM
:teehee: That's why I put I'd ship out of the States, just in case it gets me in good with someone out of the States shipping in.

Michelle

Subtle hint noted ;)

snephenie
05-23-2007, 04:01 PM

I was thinking this as well...I just copied (borrowed :oops:) the questionare from a previous swap.

If those who selected the 20-50 range on their questionaire would like to send me their exact price range I can change it. It's up to you guys.

snephenie
05-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Would it be possible to compile a post/page with all the guidelines, dates, and requirements? I'm getting a little confused about exactly what I need to do (or what exactly I've agreed to or what someone might be expecting...)

One post to refer to with all the guidleines would be really helpful.
for example:
Date for package #1
What your $ includes. (i.e. yarn, not postage or extras)
Date for package #2
What is it supposed to be- knitted item? knitting-related item? do we have a theme?
What your $ includes (value of gift, not postage)

is it secret
when do we reveal ourselves
do we mail early, or wait until the deadline approaches
how do we determine the value of gift #2? on yarn cost?
etc.

Sorry if all the above should be obvious.... I just like the rules spelled out to me :rollseyes:

No problem...I'll get something written up and posted once I get all the particpants figured out. I will post it here as well as send it with everyone swap partner.

I think Secret is the way to go...it's so much fun that way.

Kaydee
05-23-2007, 04:13 PM
OMG...how did I miss that we're having another yarn sawp!?!? I just sent my questionaire in. The last one was great, although my pal never let me know they got my package:shrug: (a pic was posted but that was all). I'm very excited for another one though!

snephenie
05-23-2007, 04:32 PM
LAST DAY TO SIGN UP LADIES!!!! GET THOSE QUESTIONAIRES IN!!!

I HOPE TO HAVE SWAP PARTNERS SENT OUT BY FRIDAY!!!

:hug:

VickyS456
05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
If those who selected the 20-50 range on their questionaire would like to send me their exact price range I can change it. It's up to you guys.

Steph, I PM'd with you my price range since I picked 20-50 in the original questionnaire.

Quiltlady
05-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I've been waiting for this and JUST now :oo::oo: saw it. I sent you an email. PLEASE sign me up!! :cheering::cheering:

Leah22b
05-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Oh no... I almost missed the sign up... I just PMed you.

:cheering::cheering::cheering: I can't wait!

misstialouise
05-23-2007, 05:49 PM
ohh very subtle

I've never really been known as subtle.. :P

;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Doodknitwit
05-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm brand new today to the forum would love to perticpate in the swap.... could someone help me find the form......
Doodktwit:shrug::rollseyes:r

BostonBecca
05-23-2007, 06:26 PM
It's on the first page of the post. Copy it and paste it into a Private message. You can private message the organizer by clicking on her name from the first post and choosing send a private message.

Doodknitwit
05-23-2007, 06:32 PM
sent my email!!!
Doodknitwit

Doodknitwit
05-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Doodknitwit add to list.

can you give me the details on how the swap works

Doodknitwit
05-23-2007, 06:38 PM
ok found the details but they aren't clear to me. could you explain them please? we send yarn July and the partner knits it up ..............mails item back to us? sorry.........:(

misstialouise
05-23-2007, 06:44 PM
No, you send someone yarn, someone sends you yarn...

The next month you send the same someone either a knitted item, or a knitting related item, and someone sends some to you..

:D

jeanius80
05-23-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm brand new today to the forum would love to perticpate in the swap.... could someone help me find the form......
Doodktwit:shrug::rollseyes:r

the swap questionaire form is on the first page of this thread :) welcome !

mks22300
05-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Hope I'm not too late! I'm interested and will be sending you an email straightaway.

Quiltlady
05-24-2007, 03:45 AM
I sent you an email yesterday with all of my information....I hope you received it.:rollseyes:

Quiltlady
05-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Steph, I sent you another email this morning via this site with my information. Please let me know if you receive it. :pray::pray:It went out at 9:06am. Eastern Time:pray:

snephenie
05-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Steph, I sent you another email this morning via this site with my information. Please let me know if you receive it. :pray::pray:It went out at 9:06am. Eastern Time:pray:

I got it, thanks!!!!

aineepooh1
05-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Snephnie .. I PM you too~!:heart:

aineepooh1
05-24-2007, 12:22 PM
I saw my name~!! Yeah~!:cheering::happydance::cheering::happydance: :cheering::happydance:

mks22300
05-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I saw my name too! :cheering:
Swapping is so much fun, thanks Snephenie for setting this one up! :hug:

Shandeh
05-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Where did you all see your name? I don't know where to look. :pout:

marykz
05-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Where did you all see your name? I don't know where to look. :pout:
I think snephanie is editing the list on page 10 to add all the members.

Shandeh
05-24-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't have a page 10 with the view on my computer. My settings only show 8 pages for this thread.

Oh well....I guess I'll just have to go through every page of the thread to find it.

Shandeh
05-24-2007, 01:35 PM
I finally found it. It was on page 5 for me. I have my KH set up for 20 posts per page.

marykz
05-24-2007, 01:39 PM
I finally found it. It was on page 5 for me. I have my KH set up for 20 posts per page.
sorry!! forgot about that-
I just looked and it is post #91 for anyone else who's looking...

Quiltlady
05-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Yea!!! :happydance:I saw my name too!!!!:cheering::cheering::cheering:

Leah22b
05-24-2007, 01:50 PM
:cheering::happydance::cheering:
Yeah... I found my name! :woot:

Woohoo I can't wait!:nails: :gah:

snephenie
05-25-2007, 01:38 AM
SOME people have received their partners...not all so please do not be alarmed if you dont have yours yet. I will have them all out by tomorrow night.

If by Saturday you don't have your partner please PM me.

If you choose to contact your swap partner you may not want ot announce here that you have received your swap yet...just to keep it a secret until everyone have received theirs.

A few wanted some clarification on the swap. This is being sent out with your swapees information. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me.

Welcome to the Summer Swappers.
For this Swap you have signed up for the $ X Range.
Please have your first package of YARN mailed out to your partner by July 1st.
Your second package of a knitted item and/or knitted goodies mailed by August 1st.
Remember this is a secret, so it may be a good idea to create a 'secret' email account to contact your partner and get to know them.
If you need to drop out of the swap please let me know ASAP so I can find a replacement for you.
HAVE FUN!!!!!

Doodknitwit
05-25-2007, 07:44 AM
so you don't knit their item from yarn they send you..............

kristinw
05-25-2007, 08:14 AM
so you don't knit their item from yarn they send you..............

Nope, as far as I know.

Leah22b
05-25-2007, 09:56 AM
:cheering::happydance:This is going to be soooooo much Fun! I can't wait. I've already picked up something.

My local LYS is closing its physical location :waah: and going to online sales only.

The only good part is this weekend they are haveing a 50% off sale.... I don't want them to close, but :woohoo: I can get more and put more in for the same cost. :woohoo:.

Someone is going to be a very lucky someone...lol :twisted: I thought I'd start the teasing off right a way...:twisted::roflhard:

kblue
05-25-2007, 11:13 AM
:woot:Yippie I can't wait to get started:woot:

rebecca
05-25-2007, 11:48 AM
:cheering::happydance:This is going to be soooooo much Fun! I can't wait. I've already picked up something.

My local LYS is closing its physical location :waah: and going to online sales only.

My lys is closing, too...but they are moving to New England and had a great yarn sale going, but now all the good stuff is gone, but that's okay...we have another yarn shop in town and there's always the internet.

This is going to be a BLAST! Can't wait to see who my partner is...thanks Snephanie:cheering:

VickyS456
05-25-2007, 11:50 AM
Am I the only one who sees the new email alert and gets all excited and then is disappointed when it turns out to be just spam? :waah:

Leah22b
05-25-2007, 01:44 PM
I will now have to drive an hour for a good LYS....Oh well it could be worse... There was no such thing as an LYS where I grew up...lol

Oh I hate when that happens Vicky... It won't be much longer!

Snephenie Thanks so much for doing this!

wewantmore
05-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Anyway to 'request' Leah22b being MY swap buddy??? :teehee::teehee::teehee:

Can't wait to get my email.

Michelle

Nobones
05-25-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm soooo excited! I keep checking my emails but is still says 0
:pout:

Can't wait to find out who my secret pal is.

Leah22b
05-25-2007, 03:44 PM
:teehee::teehee::teehee::teehee:

I hope my buddy likes some of the same stuff I do...lol or maybe not... Hummmmmm... if not I'll have to go shopping again... Oh no how horrible...lol:whistle::woohoo:A treat for me a treat for you... Choices Choices... :twisted:

Oh this is going to be soooo much fun! I get to be evil...:twisted::woot:

kristinw
05-25-2007, 04:05 PM
You're too funny Leah! :roflhard:

BostonBecca
05-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Am I the only one that does not yet have my buddy? I am trying to wait patiently. I can't wait to get to go shopping online and at my LYS.

robynbird
05-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't have mine yet either, Becca. :)

VickyS456
05-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm also buddy-less :(

wewantmore
05-25-2007, 04:51 PM
NO buddy for me either. I'll wait til Sunday before I start to worry. Looks like there were a lot of people sign up for this and with only one person doing all the work I'll be patient.

kblue
05-25-2007, 05:02 PM
I don't have mine yet either but we're really supose to be getting them by the end of the day tomorrow.... Im just SOOOOOOO anxious that even though i know i have until then i still keep checking my email every hour or so. :eyes:

PaperGirl
05-25-2007, 05:12 PM
I get to actually go to a REAL YARN STORE for this swap! Im so excited!

Quiltlady
05-25-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm still buddyless too. I'm sure she's busy working on the long lists of swappers.:hug:

BostonBecca
05-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I just want to go yarn shopping for my buddy!

I guess I should just be more patient.

Thanks snephanie for setting this all up!

Shandeh
05-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Snephanie is DA BOMB!!:thumbsup:

clb1968
05-25-2007, 08:13 PM
I got mine, Thanks Snephanie.

snephenie
05-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks Guys. I have completed two of the categories and send those off...That was about 20+ of the participants.

It was a little more envolved than I thought...I should've sorted along the way....can send international, who has pets, allergies etc...

But I'm coming a long. DH just informed me he is going out with my cousin tonight so I will be free of any wifely duties to finish this up :woohoo:

kristinw
05-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Yay, I got my partner!! :woohoo::woot: I'm a bit freaked out because she is very experienced! I'm glad the knitting related items is the second part because that will give me time to find her just the perfect gifts!

snowbear
05-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Ok.. I got mine.. now the fun begins..hehehehehehe

I love swaps.. :cheering:

jmp3775
05-25-2007, 09:23 PM
:happydance::cheering: got mine!:cheering::happydance:

Doodknitwit
05-25-2007, 09:27 PM
$30-$35 is good!

PaperGirl
05-25-2007, 09:36 PM
I got mine! Hooray!

MommaG
05-25-2007, 10:44 PM
I haven't recieved mine yet:cry::cry::cry::cry:. Is she e-mailing or pm'ing them to us.

snephenie
05-25-2007, 10:49 PM
I haven't recieved mine yet:cry::cry::cry::cry:. Is she e-mailing or pm'ing them to us.

Emailing..I'm not done yet...I just got the kids settled so I'm back to assigning...you guys will have them tonight, never fear :)

kblue
05-25-2007, 10:52 PM
TONIGHT :woot:

snephenie
05-25-2007, 11:22 PM
TONIGHT :woot:

You should have yours already.....:thinking:

Nobones
05-26-2007, 03:53 AM
I haven't had mine :pout: :help:

VickyS456
05-26-2007, 04:45 AM
YAY! I woke up to an email with my swapee's information! Now on to research :)

Thanks, Snephanie!

misstialouise
05-26-2007, 06:19 AM
<waiting.patiently>

wewantmore
05-26-2007, 06:31 AM
<waiting.patiently>

Ditto.

robynbird
05-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I got mine this morning too! :) YAY!!! :cheering:

Sanibelle
05-26-2007, 11:00 AM
I got mine! I already heard from my swappor (the person who got me!)

This is going to be a blast!!!

MommaG
05-26-2007, 11:28 AM
I still didn't get an e-mail. :( but I reallize there are alot of us and it is alot of work. Plus when you have kids things happen beyond your control.

Kaydee
05-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I just checked and got my partner!!!!:woot:I'm so excited...yea!

kblue
05-26-2007, 11:40 AM
You should have yours already.....:thinking:

Oh your right i do have mine hee hee :teehee:
Thanks!!!!:wink:

snephenie
05-26-2007, 11:46 AM
There is a group of 15 that haven't received theirs yet. I was waiting on clarification from a few and now I have it. So those will be going out shortly.

snephenie
05-26-2007, 12:51 PM
LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!

ALL PARTNERS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED AND ALL HAVE BEEN EMAILED OUT :)

HAVE FUN LADIES & GENTS.

Shandeh
05-26-2007, 01:28 PM
You GO Snephanie!!! I know firsthand how difficult it is to arrange these kinds of things. Your hubby is SO nice to help you out.

You've done a great job so far! :thumbsup:

G J
05-26-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm SO excited about this! :balloons:I've never done it before. I need just a little clarification: Is this a one-on-one swap or are we mixed up? (do we give and get to and from the same person, or different?) When you say "Secret", do you mean that we are to keep it secret from the rest of the forum or from the person we're swapping with? I'm not sure how we would keep it secret from the swappee if it's the same person we're sending to? Or is that why you suggest an alternate email address?

Thanks for clarification!:waving:

snephenie
05-26-2007, 02:05 PM
The person that is sending to you is NOT the same person that you are sending to.

It's fun if you create a 'secret' email address to send messages to the person you are sending to so that you can get to know them, what they like etc.

In the past we have posted 'teasers' in the forum of what we are sending to our person (of course not mentioning who you are sending to)

Hope that clarifies things :)

aineepooh1
05-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Well JG
I can't speak for Snephenie but when I did KBlue's swap last time... people would post pictures ( mostly teasers) and discuss the kinds o yarn they thought they would buy. For instance you might post ... welll I bought some lovely Malabrigo in red for my swapee and I think they will love it..and sometimes a pic would follow
In KBlues swap we didn't have the same swapper/swapee becuuse that way...:happydance:its too easy to guess
Hope this helps:clink:

aineepooh1
05-26-2007, 02:08 PM
Snephenie..
well I guess we don't have any fellas in this swap:??

snephenie
05-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Snephenie..

Oooh....I didn't even think of that. Post changed.

MommaG
05-26-2007, 02:24 PM
I just went to google maps and checked out the neighbour hood my swapee lives in. There are some tennis courts near by. HeeHeeHee

kblue
05-26-2007, 02:26 PM
Snephenie..
I noticed that too. Next time there should be a poll for a guys swap and if there are enough guys they should have a swap....i dunno maybe its a guy thing:shrug: :teehee:.

VickyS456
05-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I just went to google maps and checked out the neighbour hood my swapee lives in. There are some tennis courts near by. HeeHeeHee

Good idea with Google Earth! I just checked out where my swapee lives.... That's a LOT of Pizza Huts and Taco Bells for one area! :roflhard:

wewantmore
05-26-2007, 03:52 PM
:thinking: :pout: :crying:

I haven't received an email on who I have. :tap:

snephenie
05-26-2007, 03:59 PM
:thinking: :pout: :crying:

I haven't received an email on who I have. :tap:

Check your PM.

wewantmore
05-26-2007, 04:28 PM
Got it. Thanks.

Weebie
05-26-2007, 04:38 PM
snephenie- Thank You so much for doing all the leg work! I am so excited about this!!!! :muah:

-Karin

threesmom
05-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Perhaps I'm a slow - and feel free to say so :rollingeyes: - this alternate email we set up - is it through kh or just outside, like yahoo? I need to find out more about my swapee - although I'll be in her general area of the county in a few weeks ;-)...

itsjustmeghan
05-26-2007, 04:46 PM
i got my swapper!!:cheering: mwuah-hahahahahaha....

i mean, hehehehehe...
i'm off to get shopping for some yarns!!

misstialouise
05-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Thank you Snephanie!

kristinw
05-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Perhaps I'm a slow - and feel free to say so :rollingeyes: - this alternate email we set up - is it through kh or just outside, like yahoo? I need to find out more about my swapee - although I'll be in her general area of the county in a few weeks ;-)...

I wouldn't do it through KH. I usually set up an email through Yahoo. Some people use gmail too. Just make sure that you don't use your real name at all!

Oh and you're not slow! Very valid question! :)

charmy
05-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Is the person I'm sending stuff to the same person who is sending me stuff?

MommaG
05-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Is the person I'm sending stuff to the same person who is sending me stuff?
No. Someone else sends to you.

charmy
05-26-2007, 06:47 PM
cool, thanks! :cheering:

jmp3775
05-26-2007, 07:22 PM

Now I'm going to have to do some sleuth work and see how many swappers are here in NJ...

BostonBecca
05-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I got my swapee, but info is scarce about them and so are posts. I will just pick out some beautiful soft yarn in the few colors I have found that they like.

pandaca
05-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Yea, I got my swapee! Can't wait to go on a hunt for the perfect yarn!

clb1968
05-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Having fun already, got a great book on knitting today, one for my swap partner and then one for me since they were one sell.lol

spectorkitty
05-26-2007, 09:30 PM
I wouldn't do it through KH. I usually set up an email through Yahoo. Some people use gmail too. Just make sure that you don't use your real name at all!

Oh and you're not slow! Very valid question! :)

ummm....I did use my real name on the questionnaire, Snephanie asked for it so I used it. I hope that's not what you meant! I hope it was through the e-mail you can set up. Is that right?

kristinw
05-26-2007, 09:35 PM
ummm....I did use my real name on the questionnaire, Snephanie asked for it so I used it. I hope that's not what you meant! I hope it was through the e-mail you can set up. Is that right?

You are right. The person you are gifting to knows nothing about you.

spectorkitty
05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks, I worry a bit too much sometimes. :)

spectorkitty
05-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Duh, never mind. I think my sunburn went to my brain.

threesmom
05-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Now I'm going to have to do some sleuth work and see how many swappers are here in NJ...

Uh-oh - didn't mean to mislead you :teehee: I meant to write countRY, not county ... I'm going to Vermont in a few weeks ... so the question is .. will I be in the same state or same region :teehee:????? I might even do my shopping there ....:happydancing:

spectorkitty
05-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Where in Vermont are you going threesmom? I might be able to tell you some really great LYS if it is near my area.

G J
05-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Oooh, this is fun! I just found out that mine is about the same age as I am. Hope she likes funky yarns!:woot:

Shandeh
05-26-2007, 11:46 PM
I am REALLY BAD about the teasing and "puzzler game" stuff, so my swapee will NEVER figure out that I'm their partner. :teehee:

But, it never fails....I always get someone with interests COMPLETELY different from my own. So, I end up learning something in the process. ;-)

Plus, I usually get a partner who is a MUCH BETTER knitter than myself. So, then I feel intimidated, wondering if I've gotten something they really want. :oo:

The swaps are sometimes difficult, but ALWAYS fun! :thumbsup:

misstialouise
05-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Being an Aussie, it was pretty assured that I was going to get someone from the US... :D Now it's just a matter of buying the yarn :D

mare-nitt
05-27-2007, 04:57 AM
Oh, boy I got my email, and made contact with my swapee and got a reply.

Then I went shopping, just to check out the shop you know, and I found somethings, imagine that. So I picked up one of these and one of those and I couldn't leave the shop without picking up something for myself.

The good thing is I have to go back.
I have not heard from the person that has my name. Hope I do, so I can start dreaming about the yarn package coming my way.

Happy Sunday Morning
Marilynn

VickyS456
05-27-2007, 06:33 AM
I've been chatting with my swappee, too!

Whomever has my name hasn't contacted me yet, but the last of the names just went out last night I think, :eyebrow:. Please feel free to contact me, Secret Knitting Buddy! :heart:

Nobones
05-27-2007, 06:39 AM
:woohoo::woohoo::woot:

I've got my swap partner, and my partner contacted me!
I was so happy I shrieked and hubby came running in to see what was the matter :teehee:

I'm researching my swap partner now. I've got good ideas and am going shopping next week!

I'm so excited about this, it's great fun.

:hug:to whoever has ended up with me, and

:hug:to who I've got!

JamOKnit
05-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Hello swapee! I was so excited to get your email address....looking forward to getting to know you better so I can send a GREAT package!!!

Hello also to mysterious swapper who has my name.....

BostonBecca
05-27-2007, 11:29 AM
I am already looking around online for my swappee. I'm going down to Windsor Button on Tuesday or Wednesday to fondle yarns as well. I know my swappee likes green.

jmp3775
05-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Its not such a nice day where my swapee lives today...still waiting to hear from the person who got my name :lol:

mks22300
05-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I already have a bunch of ideas on what I might like to get my pal. I'm also pretty sure on what I want to make for her in the second part of the swap!

Haven't heard from who has me, but it's too early to start worrying....yet...:teehee:

Quiltlady
05-27-2007, 02:02 PM
This is exciting. :happydance:

I still haven't heard from who ever got my name. Don't be shy!!:shifty: I have gotten in touch with my Swapee..hope she received my email.:hug:

threesmom
05-27-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow - so many have contacted their swappee already ... guess I have to get on the stick. Although whoever has me hasn't contacted me :tap: (Just kidding!)

:waving:Spectorkitty - I'll be in the Champlain Valley area - a little south of Burlington. We're staying in this adorable cabin in Panton - it's not too far from friends of ours who live in North Ferrisburg. We have friends in Essex Junction too, and I already told my dh the only thing I care that I do the whole week we're there is go to Kalidoscope Yarns there. But that's all I know about - and we'll travel about a bit, I'm sure - so whatever you know about, I'd be happy to know ... We've been going for several years now, so we generally know our way around. Thanks! :hug:

spectorkitty
05-27-2007, 07:05 PM
oh Kaleidoscope! I love that store! When I was having problems with the candle flame shawl, I took it there and they took time out to help me get started and even made me do a couple of rows to make sure I got it. I thought that was amazing.

Northeast Fiber Arts in Williston is the store I go to mainly, it's closer to me. They have a beautiful selection, a lot of local wool. I'm going there tomorrow! Also, they are very nice and they have a friendly dog to greet you when you go in. My significant other usually sits in the chair petting the dog when I go there, he knows it might be awhile!

robynbird
05-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I haven't heard from my swapper yet either. It's a long weekend...no worries. :)

oneyarn
05-27-2007, 07:38 PM
I have had fun exchanging emails with my swapee. She lives in a differnet country and I have already learned some new things.

Wanted to tell you that I went shopping after work today and picked up something for you--I'm thinking you are going to smile when you see it.

I was really excited when I made it home to find a message waiting for me from my secret swapper.

The fun has started....

Shandeh
05-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Let the games begin! :cheering:

BostonBecca
05-27-2007, 07:59 PM
I think the person sending me stuff is from the UK! They contacted me with a nice note and some questions and their swap e-mail address was from the UK. I think that is awesome. I love traveling and have been to the UK once. It was a long time ago though (probably about 16 years ago).

kblue
05-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Awesome!!! I've contacted my Swapee and i'm waiting for them to respond but it is a long weekend so I might not hear from them until tuesday. I'm so excited:cheering:. My Secret Swapper contacted me and they seem really nice. Hopefully i'll be able to go and shop this week.

So a question i do have is do we WAIT UNTIL July 1st to send our stuff or we just have to make sure its mailed out BY July 1st??? Same question for August 1st. :shrug:

wewantmore
05-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I've had some nice emails with the person that has me.

I have yet to hear back from the person I have, but like others have stated it's a long weekend. Well at least here in the states. :teehee:

Michelle

Quiltlady
05-27-2007, 09:32 PM
WEll I heard from the person who has my name. She asked some things about me so I filled her in on whats going on in my world.:lol:

I'm still waiting to hear back from the one that I got in touch with. Haven't heard back yet..she must be busy with the holiday weekend.

Everyone have a good one.:hug:

snephenie
05-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Yay!!! :woot:

I'm so glad everyone is having fun with this :)

Someone asked about the sending dates...it's definately a BY not until.

redwitch
05-28-2007, 02:46 AM
Maybe they have sneakily disguised their identity by getting a new e-mail. My normal letterbox is a Kiwi e-mail so I used a different one so if your gifter has a non-.nz e-mail address you might still be getting some NZ merino!! If I were American and wanted to throw someone off the scent I might create an entirely new .uk address. Or maybe it's a double psych and they are in fact UK-based!

sig
05-28-2007, 05:04 AM
I just checked my email and found the name of the person iīm sending!!! and also got an email form the person who has my name!!! It's sooo exciting!!! Canīt wait to go yarn shopping!!! :woohoo:

Nobones
05-28-2007, 09:40 AM
:teehee:I've got in touch with the person I've got. I can reveal that she (like me) loves to......... knit!

robynbird
05-28-2007, 11:47 AM
I can't wait to hear from the one who has me. :) Sooo exciting!!

Shandeh
05-28-2007, 12:02 PM
I'm no good at email taunting, so I'll just taunt you ALL in here! :teehee:

I'm WATCHING (http://morgamic.com/gallery/d/742-2/eye.jpg) you!

:rofling:

kristinw
05-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm no good at email taunting, so I'll just taunt you ALL in here! :teehee:

I'm WATCHING (http://morgamic.com/gallery/d/742-2/eye.jpg) you!

:rofling:

Oh Sandy! That was just creepy! :shock::roflhard: