PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to be on the radio!!!

letah75
05-16-2007, 09:11 PM
About a month ago a co-worker and I did an interview with a family radio station I just got a copy of the finished product and I'm so excited!!! I sound like I know stuff.....like a professional....HA HA who knew?!?

carmabelle1191
05-16-2007, 09:14 PM
:cheering:Wish I could listen!

Carla1019
05-16-2007, 09:44 PM
What are you going to be taking about? Knitting??

Knitting_Guy
05-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Cool. What's it about?

letah75
05-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Oops, :oops: guess I was so excited I forgot to tell you hunh?!?

Actually I work in Juvenile Probation, and it's about the different diversionary programs I run. Right now I'm actually running about 6 different programs. In the interview I talk about two programs I run, a co-worker talks about 1 that she runs, and then I also talk about a program that is run by my supervisor.

1) (my program) Weekend Accountability - 3 part component; Education, Community Service and group discussion. For education we have kids do school work, have speakers come in from different agencies, and for the community service aspect we do everything from picking up trash to making bookmarks for the Library Literacy program.

2) (my program) Curfew checks - I contact minors on probation and make sure they are home by their curfew. I do this random days with random kids so they never know when they will be called.

3) (my co-worker's program) Diversion program - Low level offenders & their parents are talked to about "the system" and what they can expect if they break the law again.

4) (program run my my supervisor) Peer Court- Low level offenders plead guilty and are tried by their peers. Minors act as Defense Attorney, Prosecutor, Bailiff, Court Reporter, Jury, etc. There is a real judge and the sentence is binding in the state. If the defendant doesn't complete their sentence they will have a violation of probation filed and be placed on formal probation.

That's what we talked about in a nutshell. It was a 15 minute interview, and my supervisor is going to attached a copy of the CD when we are audited by the state later this year!! It really did come out well!

I run a ton of other programs, but those are the ones that are for the low level/risk offenders and most people could 'relate' to. The other programs I run are high risk, habitual offenders that most people don't really have to be in contact with on a regular basis. And probably wouldn't be something they'd want to go into on a family radio station.

Carla1019
05-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Wow Letah,
You sound busy. I just got though teaching pottery to some of those kids. They were at our Second learning school. and the other kids were going thought a 3 month program for there anger.

Good kids for me, I guess I was a NICE teacher.

Ronda
05-17-2007, 08:04 AM
I would be excited, too! That's pretty cool.

marykz
05-17-2007, 10:04 AM
don't forget to keep a copy for your resume/ work history! it sounds very interesting!

letah75
05-17-2007, 07:18 PM
I just wanted to put a quick update, because i'm sooooo excited!!!

Our Assistant Chief sent a copy of the 15 minute interview to the entire department and told everyone to listen. He gave me and my co-worker huge kudos, and told our supervisors to give up a "good job" notice in our personal files. ALSO, he is going to have the interview put on the department website!!!!!

OMgosh, I am so excited!!!!