PDA

View Full Version : OT - And Then There Were Two

auburnchick
05-17-2007, 07:48 AM
AI Fans...

Final Two...

Jordin and Blake...

SHOCK!!!

I'm so disappointed! I wanted Melinda to win! But she showed such class!!

I don't think I'm going to watch the finals now...:(

AmandaC
05-17-2007, 07:58 AM
*sticks fingers in ears* la la la la la *and closes eyes* *tries to forget what she's just read* la la la la

I don't get to see this until Friday eve in the UK ....... oh well ......

Silver
05-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Awww... hubby liked Melinda too, but I've been rooting for Jordin. Honestly, I've never liked Melinda. She's a fantastic singer and all but her shy/embarrassed attitude has always annoyed me. No way she can sing and perform like she does and still be shy and surprised when people say they like her.

But she has a super bright future and I don't think she needs to win to make it.

I like Jordin cause she's young, beautiful and super talented.

I've never liked Blake and his stupid beat-boxing. :rollseyes:

Ronda
05-17-2007, 07:59 AM
I was shocked, too. She really is the best, IMHO. Of course, maybe this is actually good for her. Look at Chris Daughtry. (Yea, I bought his CD and I think it's GOOD!)

auburnchick
05-17-2007, 08:05 AM
I've always thought that Melinda is very humble and lacks self confidence.

Oh well...

I'll be rooting for Jordin.

I like Blake's creativeness, but after reading an interview with him where he made the statement that he's a very horny guy (his words), I just found him :ick:. It just turned me off to him that he would SAY that (I mean, think it, but don't say it in an interview). BUT, I think his Dad is awesome...so supportive and proud of him.

Jax3303
05-17-2007, 08:19 AM
I was dissapointed that Melinda was voted off last night, but I did find a silver lining in it for her. AI has a history of the runners up being more successfull than the actual winners.

Melinda is the first AI contestant that I've actually liked. She's not a fantastic performer, but she sure as hell can sing circles around all the other contestants.

SandraEllen
05-17-2007, 08:21 AM
I always thought Melinda was the best vocally, but I've wanted Jordin to win for a long time.

jodstr2
05-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm bummed because Melinda is a good singer, but not surprised.

Julie
05-17-2007, 03:20 PM
Since they reached the final 12, I have been hoping for a Blake/Jordin final :happydance:

madametj
05-17-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm not surprised i was actually hoping this would happen. i was super glad last week because Melinda/Blake/Jordin make a great final three because they all great performs and they all have great voices.

I like Blake for his creativity and how he adds spice to his songs with his beat-boxing

I want Jordin to win because she is so sweet, and besides her great personality she is so young and she needs the money for college

Now, what does Melinda have to offer me? Sure she has a great voices, but they all do, and her acting like a deer in headlights when they compliment her is soo annoying.

This is why i thought Melinda should go and this is why this is the BEST. SEASON. EVER.

p.s. auburnchick i did NOT know that about Blake! ew:ick: and.....ew.

Arielluria
05-17-2007, 06:14 PM
I love Jordin and Blake grew on me (love his scatting)........but Melinda was by far the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the 2 finalists got more of the teenybopper votes, which is what bumped Melinda.

I only started watching last year, but Melinda's the first one which I cannot wait to buy her first CD!!!!!!!!! (And I'm not a big music buyer either)!

Too bad this was a spoiler for Amanda in the UK! :(
How is Simon liked over there? Is he pretty much what all Brits are like????????? My mom hates his hair and every time we watch wen the camera goes to him she says "he needs to make his peace with his hairdresser" :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

madametj
05-17-2007, 06:53 PM
I love Jordin and Blake grew on me (love his scatting)........but Melinda was by far the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the 2 finalists got more of the teenybopper votes, which is what bumped Melinda.

I only started watching last year, but Melinda's the first one which I cannot wait to buy her first CD!!!!!!!!! (And I'm not a big music buyer either)!

Too bad this was a spoiler for Amanda in the UK! :(
How is Simon liked over there? Is he pretty much what all Brits are like????????? My mom hates his hair and every time we watch wen the camera goes to him she says "he needs to make his peace with his hairdresser" :roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

LOL did you mom see ELLIOT? i luv elliot, but i'm sorry that mess on his head needs to go. :teehee:

auburnchick
05-17-2007, 06:58 PM
p.s. auburnchick i did NOT know that about Blake! ew:ick: and.....ew.

:teehee:

Oh, and I would love to see Melinda put out a gospel CD. That would be awesome!!

larudden
05-17-2007, 08:27 PM

Oh, and I would love to see Melinda put out a gospel CD. That would be awesome!!

Oh yeah! I agree! I read online a bit ago that Martha Munizzi, one of my favoriate worship leaders, said that Melinda was very much in demand as a back up singer. I thought that was really cool.

And Jordin also toured with Michael W. Smith.

I expect Jordin to win. I loved Melinda and can't stand how Idol is so NOT a singing competition. It's all about the popularity factor, which is reality shows for ya!

I think that, up to a certain point, the producers should be allowed to override the vote to make sure that the deserving singers move on.

jodstr2
05-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Elliott got his grill fixed! :cheering:

but yeah madametj I agree, that hairdo was :ick:.

Arielluria
05-18-2007, 09:58 AM

Oh, and I would love to see Melinda put out a gospel CD. That would be awesome!!YES! That's exactly what I want to see. She said she listens to the people I love (Kirk Franklin), so I KNOW it would be good! ;)

Arielluria
05-18-2007, 09:58 AM
LOL did you mom see ELLIOT? i luv elliot, but i'm sorry that mess on his head needs to go. :teehee:LOL! I liked it! I thought he was H-O-T! She didn't remember his hair last year.

Arielluria
05-18-2007, 10:00 AM
I think that, up to a certain point, the producers should be allowed to override the vote to make sure that the deserving singers move on. I agree. I came to that conclusion when Sanjaya kept moving ahead, while the likes of Gina were voted off! So NOT right!!!!!!!!!!! I liked Sanjaya personally, but he did NOT deserve to go after Gina.