PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream

Ronda
05-17-2007, 07:57 AM
Last night in my dream, I had finished a sock!!! I was so proud of myself! I wonder when I'll make that dream come true? (I've started a sock twice, and both times one of my needles has fallen out completely, so I've quit both times.)

I just think it's funny that I'm DREAMING about knitting. :knitting:

dustinac
05-17-2007, 08:46 AM
:rofling: I hope you get to finish a pair of socks soon...

gingerbread
05-17-2007, 08:47 AM
That's funny because last night I did finish my husbands socks.
I know it can be a pain when the needles fall out. I gotten to the point that it doesn't happen anymore. I started using the pure and simple patterns for socks. I bought all the patterns that they make. I wanted to learn and for me those were and are the best patterns for me.

Chel
05-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Have you tried using bamboo for socks? Much less slippery. Also, theres the 2 circ method and magic loop!!!

Don't give up on socks! They are so much fun!!!

Ronda
05-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Believe it or not, I've been using bamboo!!! They still fell out! I refuse to give up though. I just get frustrated and move on to something else. Eventually I will get back to it because I am dying to make some socks. I have small feet - size 6 - and socks from the store NEVER fit me. I want to make all my own socks! I plan on using Silver's tutorial. In fact, that's what I was using on my previous attempts. I don't know whether I should continue to try with DPN until I have made my first pair or just immediately try ML or 2 circs. I've used DPN for other things. I don't want to confuse myself. LOL! Don't worry though - I will eventually do socks!