PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Malabrigo Sock Yarn Rumors

Chel
05-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I emailed Malabrigo and and inquired about :heart:sock yarn:heart:. I wanted to find out if it would be under full or limited distribution as well as if I could pre order a hank to review. The response was this:

Hi Michelle

The rumor is partially correct, we are going to introduce a super wash as soon as we finish working on it, I must tell you that is hard, as our super fine merino felts a lot, and we are trying to use only non chloride components on the process.
After we finish it comes the testing, so I don't think we will have it ready for at least a year.
You are most welcome to contact me again in let's say 6 month and we'll send you a skein if it's ready, so you can test it, but it would be a pre release test as we would be still working on it.

Best regards,
Tobias

:happydancing::cheering::happydance: :shock:I might get to test malabrigo sock yarn:shock: Ohhhh:pray:

sara_jayne
05-17-2007, 01:21 PM
:woot: :woot: How exciting!!!! :woot: :woot:

Chel
05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
My mind is NOT on work at the moment. I'm TOO excited!!!!

Stiney
05-17-2007, 01:25 PM
:woohoo:

You could always make handwash socks with the laceweight in the meantime. :teehee:

Angelia
05-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Oooh, you lucky thing! :cheering:

But the rest of us have to wait a year? (I first typed "a yearn" :rofl:)

Dilly
05-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Maybe we should all write Tobias with questions about the new sock yarn so we can be test knitters too! :shifty:

I met Tobias last year at Stitches East. He's a very nice guy.:thumbsup:

marykz
05-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Chel- that is awesome!!! you totally deserve it!

Dilly- are you going to Stitches East this year? I just got my confirmation (yay!) Mom and I are going Thurs-Fri. We hope to listen in to Kaffe Fasset's class.

anyone else going? I'm going to wear my KH button.... (it is on my purse right now...)
mkz

mwedzi
05-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Dilly, your signature is scaring/scarring me. There is no "scared" smiley to show my fear.

:)

Braden
05-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Great! Maybe I should write him. I want to test Mmmmmmmalabrigo sock yarn, too!

Dilly
05-17-2007, 04:48 PM
I won't be going to Stitches East this year. I went last year as a knitting get-together with some of the KH bloggers, and I stayed in Virginia with Vendie. Since Vendie is no longer in Virginia, I have nobody to stay with in the area, so I won't be going. Instead, I'm going to FiberFest in Illinois this summer.

Sorry my signature is scaring/scarring you, Nikki. There are many days in real life that I feel like throwing my hands up in the air and screaming and making faces like the little dude in my sig. :rofl:

rebecca
05-18-2007, 06:18 PM
:drool: :inlove: Mmmmmm sock yarn...how YUMMY!!!!!

Silver
05-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Am I the ONLY knitter alive who has never been that excited about Malabrigo? I feel so lonely! :?

CateKnits
05-18-2007, 06:37 PM
I met him, too! Lisa (Jeep_Girl) and I asked him why it's called Malabrigo.

jeanius80
05-18-2007, 07:33 PM
chel - lucky you! i love the softness and the colors of malabrigo. i am very excited to see some sock yarn!

PixieKnits
05-18-2007, 07:48 PM
sounds YUMMY!

rebecca
05-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Am I the ONLY knitter alive who has never been that excited about Malabrigo? I feel so lonely! :?

you are not, I forget who it was, but someone sent their Malabrigo to Ingy because he/she didn't care for it that much...at least I'm pretty sure that happened, LOL, I've not been online in so long I could be mistaken....and I am a senior:rofl::roflhard: