PDA

View Full Version : CANCER SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nadja la claire
05-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Ok, last year we thought the cancer my DH's cancer was gone, then we found out in Oct. that it was back, today we were told that it's terminal. His oncologist told us that he has months, how many he couldn't say. So now we're trying to decide what to do with the time we have left together.

I'm so pissed. For 2 years we fought this and we were optimistic, with every new treatment the doctors told us this one should do it and now we are told that we have months left together.

I don't know what I'm going to do without him.

Thanks for listening

:muah::hug:

Nadja :XX:

jhelanee
05-17-2007, 08:38 PM
:heart::heart::hug::hug::heart::heart::heart:

aineepooh1
05-17-2007, 08:44 PM
:hug::hug::hug: to You Nadja and your dear hubby!:pout:

I am so sorry this has happened (again) to you... my friend (31yrs old) cancer came back last year and they told her it was terminal but she has fought it for the last year~

I will be:pray: for you both~!

KnittyKitty
05-17-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't know what to say - I'm so sorry you are going through this... I will keep you in my prayers...

snephenie
05-17-2007, 08:47 PM
I am so terribly sorry! I have no idea what you must be going through. Please know we are here if you need to yell, cry, vent whatever.

:grphug:

GennyLynn1962
05-17-2007, 08:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your dh. I wish there was something I could do!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

:hug::hug::heart::heart::heart::hug::hug::hug:

Sara
05-17-2007, 08:50 PM
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:: heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::h eart:

We're in a similar situation with my FIL. My heart goes out to you!:muah:

psammeadred
05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh, Nadja, I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how badly you're hurting right now. Many hugs to you, and you and your family are in my prayers.

Braden
05-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Oh, no, I'm so sorry. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

iza
05-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm so sorry... I will be thinking of you and your dh. :heart::hug:

Chel
05-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm so sorry. Nothing I can say or do will make this better, but I will add my prayers to those of everyone else who has already offered theirs.

PixieKnits
05-17-2007, 09:01 PM
wow my heart aches for you.

newamy
05-17-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm sorry, that is so sad and worrisome.

:sad:

Jeremy
05-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Words fail me. I will pray for you and your family:pout::heart::hug::hug:

figaro
05-17-2007, 09:10 PM
I am so sorry, I can't even imagine what you must be going through. My heart is crying for the both of you. :pray:

If you need to vent, scream, cry, whatever, come on here and let it pour.

brendajos
05-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Oh am so sorry to hear that. Your whole family will be in my prayers.

Ingrid
05-17-2007, 09:17 PM
That's so sad. :grphug:

BinkyKat
05-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh my dear....all I can say is love love LOVE to your DH, you and your whole family:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::h eart:Praying for his comfort and for healing for your breaking hearts.:pout:

Ronda
05-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't even have words. I'm so sorry. I'll be praying for you.

mintdee
05-17-2007, 09:23 PM
:pray::heart::heart::heart::heart::pray:

I am so sorry to hear that.

MaryB
05-17-2007, 09:24 PM
There are no words to ease your pain. You and your husband will be in my prayers. Treasure each day----may there be many.:grphug:

HamaLee
05-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Nadja, :heart::heart::heart::hug::heart::hug::heart::hug: :heart::hug::heart::heart::heart:

Jan in CA
05-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh no..my heart goes out to you! I'm so sorry! :hug::heart::hug::heart::hug:

Lisa1216
05-17-2007, 09:35 PM
:pout::heart::heart::heart::heart: I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers:heart::heart::heart::heart:

mwedzi
05-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Nadja, I am so so sorry. :pout:

MommaG
05-17-2007, 10:09 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. When I was 11 my mom's cancer was diagnosed as terminal and they told us kids exactly what was going on. She passed away just after I turned 12. So I understand a bit of what you are going through. Cherish the time you have.

:hug::heart::pray::hug::heart::pray::hug:

nadja la claire
05-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Thank you, everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I don't have anyone else to turn to right now because Jerry, my DH, doesn't want to tell anyone yet. We're still trying to figure out who to tell and how to tell them.

I was so angry at myself today when the doctor gave us the bad news because all I could do was blubber, I felt so weak. Jerry kept trying to make me feel better and then we'd both start cracking jokes to make the doctor feel better. Even now all I can do is cry. My head and my heart hurt so bad I don't know what to do.

Nadja :knitting:

BostonBecca
05-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I am so sorry. There are no words for the situation you are in.

dustinac
05-17-2007, 10:28 PM
:hug:I'm so sorry.. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.. and like others have said if you need to vent or need a shoulder.. we are here for you...:heart:

Braden
05-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Again, I know this probably won't help, but:

Knit on with confidence and hope through all crises- Elizabeth Zimmermann.

You and your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers.

auburnchick
05-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh Nadja,

I'm so terribly sorry!!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

No advice...I don't think I'm qualified to give any.

Just know that I will be praying for your family.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

AnaK
05-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I am so sorry that you are going trough this. :hug:.

Shandeh
05-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Nadja, my prayers are being lifted for you and your husband. :pray:

I've read of people who have lived for several years after hearing they were terminal. I hope your husband will be one of those people. :heart::hug::heart:

misha rf
05-17-2007, 10:55 PM

I can't even imagine what you're going through. You're in my thoughts.

beckyrhae
05-17-2007, 11:07 PM
How heartbreaking. I just want to echo everyone so far. You and your husband will be in my thoughts. Treasure your time and keep us posted when you can.

syndactylus
05-17-2007, 11:07 PM
I will hope my hardest for you the doctor is just flat out wrong.
Starting now.

DragonsChest
05-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm so sorry, hun. May healing be sent your family's way. My prayers are yours.

MoniDew
05-17-2007, 11:12 PM
oh, honey! my heart is just breaking for you. I have no words. Just my heart reaching out to you and your husband - offering you all the love and strength that I have. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.
________
Honda Cbr1000F History (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CBR1000F)

SandraEllen
05-17-2007, 11:49 PM
:waah: My heart is hurting for you

Mariblue
05-17-2007, 11:51 PM
:heart::heart::heart::hug::hug::hug::heart::heart: :heart::hug::hug::hug:

baronreads
05-17-2007, 11:54 PM
:hug:I'm SO SORRY! My heart just aches for you! I'll be praying for your family! I can tell you from personal experience that doctors can be WRONG! Don't give up! And tell DH to FIGHT!! Hang in there! We're here for you!! :hug:

gingerbread
05-18-2007, 05:31 AM
:heart::heart::heart::hug::hug::heart::heart::hear t::heart: All my prayers are going your way for you and dh.

VickyS456
05-18-2007, 05:53 AM
:hug: :hug: :hug: (((Nadja))) :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nobones
05-18-2007, 06:56 AM
I'm so sorry to hear you news. My thoughts and prayers are with you. We're all here for both when you need us. :hug::pray:

zkimom
05-18-2007, 07:02 AM
Nadja,

I'm so very sorry. You and your dh will be in my thoughts.

Warmly,
Susan

larudden
05-18-2007, 07:20 AM
I don't think there's anything I can add that hasn't been said by all these wonderful people who truly care about you and what you're going through.

Come here often, when you're sad, when you're frustrated, and we will help you with this load.

Miracles DO happen, you know. In the meantime, take care of yourself and love on your DH and the rest of your family. We'll send up the prayers and be here if you need us.

Much love,

Debbie
05-18-2007, 07:58 AM
Heartfelt prayers for you and your family.

PurlyGyrl
05-18-2007, 08:10 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. :hug:Bless you and your husband. Sending prayers your way.

Hygiene Mama
05-18-2007, 08:10 AM
I am so sorry! Cancer sucks. Live day to day and do things with each other you've never imagined.

RachelJean
05-18-2007, 08:17 AM
That is so sad. I will say many many prayers for you and your husband. Maybe the doctors will find a new medicine. :hug:

stitchwitch
05-18-2007, 08:43 AM
I haven't read all five pages, I kinda got into this late I guess but I just had to immediately type this out. I am so sorry, so sorry!!!! If there is anything be it small or large or whatever that you even think I might be able to do for you or your hubby please let me know. Know that I will keep you both in my thoughts. :muah:

Sanibelle
05-18-2007, 08:44 AM
Oh Nadja -

I don't know what else to say that hasn't been said. My heart goes out to both of you. We are all here for you - so whenever you need a hug or some love, or just a place to come for support remember we all care. My prayers are with you. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

JamOKnit
05-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Sweetie, know that we are here for you...sending lots of mental hugs your way. I am so sorry to hear the news...and I hope that the two of you make lots of happy memories with the time that you DO have. Cherish each other and pray for the best. I'll be thinking about you!

lauraknits
05-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Oh I am soo sorry! :hug::hug::hug: Bless you, you will be in my thoughts every day!

Kirochka
05-18-2007, 09:16 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

threesmom
05-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Oh, I'm so so terribly sorry - I know I can't say anything that hasn't already been said here, but just know I'll be sending my thoughts, prayers, and hugs with everyone else's. Hopefully we can help share this pain

Silver
05-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I am so sorry Nadja. I know there is nothing I can say to make it any easier, but I didn't want to just not say anything. My heart goes out to you. http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/h/heart.gif

Stonington
05-18-2007, 10:19 AM
Nadja, I agree with Silver... you and your family will be in my prayers. I am so sorry.
hugs,
anne

Kaydee
05-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I can't even imaging what you and your family must be going through. I lost a close family friend to cancer, its just such a horrible thing to happen to good people...you're right it does suck. I know there are no words that can really help, but I'm just so sorry that you are going through this, after fighting so hard. Keep up the good fight, miracles do happen and I'll be praying for one for you.:hug::muah:

kitkat
05-18-2007, 10:38 AM
I am so so sorry - this sucks. Just sucks. Doctors can be such idiots.

Sending prayers - for you, your family, for the strength to get through this.

Mommy22alyns
05-18-2007, 10:44 AM
I'm so sorry. It's awful what doctors can miss sometimes.

:hug::hug::hug:

mulene
05-18-2007, 11:20 AM
I totally don't know what to say, other than I'm really sorry. *Huge hugs*

Ginger0104
05-18-2007, 11:24 AM
I am so sorry you're having to go through this. Your family is in my prayers.

PaperGirl
05-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Oh my goodness.

Im so so sorry. :pout: Please know that you and your family will be in my thoughts every day...:hug::heart::heart:

rennfamily
05-18-2007, 11:33 AM
:hug::hug::muah::muah:Tons of hugs and love. We'll be saying some prayers that something else can be found to cure your DH.

phisch
05-18-2007, 11:57 AM
So sorry to hear about this. I'll be saying prayers for you and your family. It's difficult to endure and my heart goes out to you.

jeanius80
05-18-2007, 12:16 PM
:cry:nadja- i am so sorry for the terrible news you have been given. i dont know what i would do in your place. i am praying for you and your dh of your and the rest family:pray:

Nikki
05-18-2007, 12:29 PM
The first thing I thought to tell you was-KNIT! Start a something that you can take along where ever you go but don't have to think about too much. Just knit, all that you can. I can't imagine what a roller coaster you are going to ride, but I can tell you that when you need to yell, scream or cry, come here. When you need to speak of something besides this, come here. Be kind to yourself always.

KnittingNat
05-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Nadja, I can't imagine what you're going through!!! All i can offer is big hugs and lots of love :heart::heart::heart::heart:!!! Remember that you have friends here from all over the world and we'll keep you in our prayers... I hope the doctors are wrong, but if they are right - try to do everything you both ever dreamed of...:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

want2knit
05-18-2007, 02:03 PM
I'm so sorry for your pain. Please continue to have hope and hang on to that--God's love works in mysterious ways, and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

aineepooh1
05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
Nadja~
Has your hubby decided who he wants to tell first???:heart:

ritaw
05-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Nadja,

You and your DH are in my thoughts. I am so sorry.

:heart::hug:

Rita

merryknitter
05-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Dear Nadja, there is always hope in Jesus! Praying for your whole family!

Lucy Fan
05-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Many prayers are being said for you and your family. :pray: I hope the doctor is wrong.

rebecca
05-18-2007, 04:23 PM
You are in my thoughts and prayers, my friend, I pm'd you.

carmabelle1191
05-18-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what you're going through. You're in my prayers.:pray::heart::heart::heart::heart:

mks22300
05-18-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm so sorry :pout: :hug:

debinoz
05-18-2007, 07:28 PM
:pout::crying::pray::verysad:

:heart::heart::hug::heart::heart:

Spikey
05-18-2007, 11:49 PM
pm'ed you.

cookworm
05-19-2007, 08:24 AM
Nadja, I'm so sorry to hear this...I don't know what to say.:crying: I send out big hugs to you and your husband, and if you ever want to talk, I'm here. :hug:

PinkRoses
05-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Nadja, I wish I had all the right words to say. Just know that there are many of us here that wish we could help in anyway that we could. My heart goes out to you and your family. :grphug: Please take care.

Fraggle
05-19-2007, 09:25 AM
:grphug: There are no words, just know that support is here.

nadja la claire
05-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Thank you all :muah::hug:

I can't even begin to tell you all how much your support means to me. Thank you for all the wonderful PMs. You know it's so funny, as I read all of the PMs I thought to myself, I don't know any of you and yet you are all probably my best friends. It's not that I don't have any friends but since Jerry has gotten sick I really don't do very much other then work, run errands and take care of him. My only diversions are knitting and this site. I'm going to start a KH blog. I've never been much at keeping diaries but I think over the months to come I'm going to need to get my feeling out. I hope I don't need to already have another blog going in order to start a KH blog.

Thanks again, you guys are wonderful and I love you all.

:muah: :hug:

robynbird
05-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Ok, last year we thought the cancer my DH's cancer was gone, then we found out in Oct. that it was back, today we were told that it's terminal. His oncologist told us that he has months, how many he couldn't say. So now we're trying to decide what to do with the time we have left together.

I'm so pissed. For 2 years we fought this and we were optimistic, with every new treatment the doctors told us this one should do it and now we are told that we have months left together.

Thanks for listening

I'm sooooo sorry! We just found out my mom has terminal lung cancer this week and the doctor isn't optimistic about her having even a month. I haven't read all the posts, but want you to know I will be pryaing for you.

nadja la claire
05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm sooooo sorry! We just found out my mom has terminal lung cancer this week and the doctor isn't optimistic about her having even a month. I haven't read all the posts, but want you to know I will be pryaing for you.

I'm sorry robynbird, my heart goes out to you. My thoughts are with you and your family. I'm want to start a KH blog maybe we can start a support blog. What do you think?

Nadja xxx

robynbird
05-19-2007, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry robynbird, my heart goes out to you. My thoughts are with you and your family. I'm want to start a KH blog maybe we can start a support blog. What do you think?

Nadja xxx

That would be awesome! I would love to do that. :):hug:

VictoiseC
05-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Nadja, I know something of what you are going through but it was my Mum not my DH so..... it will be doubly or moreso hard for you.
I think my mum found some help by reading that book,
First You Cry. Although that's breast cancer (and she survived) she also wrote a book called Last Wish about her mother's cancer (who didn't). The review said that book has some funny stuff in it, I wonder.

Well, reading a book may be the last thing you want to do. I was just thinking out loud. My payers go out to you and your husband, may God be with you.

Rennagayle
05-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Nadja, my heart is so heavy for you. :cry:

I will pray and lift your dh and you before our Heavenly Father. :pray:

I hope you do start a blog here. I don't read the blogs here, not that they aren't interesting, but rather due to time constraints. I would read yours, though. I think it would be a good way for you to post updates, vent when needed, and receive support which you're so desparately going to need.

hellokitty165
05-20-2007, 01:21 AM
Nadja,

so sorry that this had happened... my prayers will be with you and your families... let me know if you ever need anything...

hunterjenn
05-20-2007, 01:46 AM
:shock: :pout:

Nadja! I'm so sorry. Love to you and your husband. :heart::hug::heart::hug:

bailsmom
05-20-2007, 01:49 AM
Oh, Nadja, I'm so sorry for this terrible news, but as so many have said, I am praying for a different outcome in your favor. Miracles DO happen. You have a lot of people praying for you, and I will tell my mother to add your family to her list. (she's quite the prayer warrior!!) She's got a lot of ladies in her church that she'll be telling to pray for you also.

I am so very sorry. Only God knows the outcome, NOT the doctors. Keep fighting and pushing for something else to try. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

madametj
05-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm so sorry, Nadja, I'll definetlly be praying:pray: for you.:hug::heart::hug::heart::hug::heart::hug:

I don't know what kind of cancer your husband has, but I do know that there is a link between cancer and diet (meat eating in particular). I've got this book called the Natural Remedies Enclyclopedia and it says that for cancer in general, you should

-Avoid obesity
-Cut down on total fat intake
-Eat more high-fiber foods
-Include foods rich in vitamins A and C
-Have a daily intake of cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, brussels sprouts, kohlrabi, cauliflower)
-Do not eat any kind of meat
-Do not use aluminum cooking utensils; instead use stainless steel (or glass in the oven)

Please share this with your husband--I hope it helps and I will be praying for you!:muah::hug:

-Joy

susanc
05-20-2007, 06:25 PM
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: My aunt was diagnosed last year at this time with Stage IV lung cancer and had her right lower lobe removed, went through chemo until December and was told everything looked good. Then she had nausea and wasn't feeling well after stopping chemo and they have found it has spread to her stomach now. She has had 2 rounds of an even stronger drug now for this and has lost her hair. She said this chemo is horrible. I hope there comes a day when they can find a cure or at least a less brutal treatment. In 100 years they will probably look back and say "We did THAT to people" as far as the toxicity of the chemo and the horrible side-effects.

Cherish each and every day you have with your DH. All of us should cherish each day we're given - nobody know how much time we have left and life can change forever in a heartbeat.

nadja la claire
05-20-2007, 07:05 PM
Thank you Joy,

No one knows what caused my DH's cancer. It's a skin cancer that is growing in his sinus cavity. It's not unheard of but it is rare. We believe it was caused by air-borne contaminants where he used to work (he used to teach sculpture and design at a college of art and design) but we can't be sure.

Thank you again,

Nadja xxx

caviar
05-20-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm so sorry. I know everybody has said it already, and saying it again feels useless, but you posted and confided in us, so I figure it must mean something to you to hear it... I am so so sorry, and I will be praying for you all. First for healing, and second for comfort and peace.

"For I am convinced that...nothing in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:38-39

Kirstin

temergency
05-20-2007, 07:18 PM
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::p ray:

To you and your family, my most positive thoughts your way. I will tell you that I was able to spend Friday night with a friend of mine that has had colon cancer and cleared, breast cancer and cleared, and is now just growing her hair back from lung cancer and is cleared. Her positive attitude is inspiring to anyone.

what do you do with your time together? Love each other completely everyday, make sure that your lives together now are the most important. May you have peace within yourselves that your life is as full as it can be. Find beauty in the little things, a sunny day with nothing planned, a painless hour or day....I can't explain it but you will know...

Blessings:heart::muah:

nadja la claire
05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm so sorry. I know everybody has said it already, and saying it again feels useless, but you posted and confided in us, so I figure it must mean something to you to hear it... I am so so sorry, and I will be praying for you all. First for healing, and second for comfort and peace.

"For I am convinced that...nothing in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:38-39

Kirstin

It's not useless. I really appreciate all the good vibes I'm getting. Thank you. :muah::muah::muah:

Nadja xxx

Dangles
05-21-2007, 12:59 AM
My prayers are being lifted for you and your husband. Nadja :pray:

DianaM
05-21-2007, 02:30 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
You and DH are in my prayers

DQ
05-21-2007, 05:59 AM
I can't find any words :pout:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

amy
05-22-2007, 06:39 PM
:pout: Nadja, I'm so sorry for the giving-up diagnosis from the doctors.

It is a grave and horrifying diagnosis, so I want to offer you support above all. :heart::pout::heart:

I also want to say, though, that I don't believe that regular doctors are the best doctors for healing the root of an illness, and that there are other healing methods out there, which I believe are more powerful. Perhaps he would like to seek alternative treatment? If it feels right, there is a book that might interest him, called "You can Heal Your Life," by Louise Hay. This woman was teaching this healing technique for years (which focuses on healing inner pain to eliminate the root of illness), for all sorts of ailments...And then she was diagnosed with cancer. She realized that she herself had inner pain to process (resentment of past traumas) and she used the same method she teaches, to work through it. She cured herself completely in three months, with no trace of cancer remaining. She recommends the same treatment for people who have had cancer, to prevent recurrence. Another book which validates alternative treatments (but doesn't necessarily teach them directly) is called "Spontaneous Healing" by Andrew Weil, MD.

Also, your husband might consider seeing an energy-work specialist, like someone who does Reiki, Cranial Osteopothy, or intuitive energy work. I consider these excellent for at the very least prolonging health and boosting the immune system, and I personally know of one person who was healed of cancer through this alone.

I hope my advice isn't too belated, or too much. If so, please just accept my hugs and love. My prayers are with you! :heart:

MoniDew
05-22-2007, 08:47 PM
couldn't have said it better myself, Amy. Thanks. I willingly offer the 8 part course I have taught on the nutritional approach to beating cancer, to anyone who is interested.
________
Rhode island medical marijuana dispensaries (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

wildflower38
05-22-2007, 09:22 PM
:hug:

nadja la claire
05-22-2007, 09:59 PM
:pout: Nadja, I'm so sorry for the giving-up diagnosis from the doctors.

It is a grave and horrifying diagnosis, so I want to offer you support above all. :heart::pout::heart:

I also want to say, though, that I don't believe that regular doctors are the best doctors for healing the root of an illness, and that there are other healing methods out there, which I believe are more powerful. Perhaps he would like to seek alternative treatment? If it feels right, there is a book that might interest him, called "You can Heal Your Life," by Louise Hay. This woman was teaching this healing technique for years (which focuses on healing inner pain to eliminate the root of illness), for all sorts of ailments...And then she was diagnosed with cancer. She realized that she herself had inner pain to process (resentment of past traumas) and she used the same method she teaches, to work through it. She cured herself completely in three months, with no trace of cancer remaining. She recommends the same treatment for people who have had cancer, to prevent recurrence. Another book which validates alternative treatments (but doesn't necessarily teach them directly) is called "Spontaneous Healing" by Andrew Weil, MD.

Also, your husband might consider seeing an energy-work specialist, like someone who does Reiki, Cranial Osteopothy, or intuitive energy work. I consider these excellent for at the very least prolonging health and boosting the immune system, and I personally know of one person who was healed of cancer through this alone.

I hope my advice isn't too belated, or too much. If so, please just accept my hugs and love. My prayers are with you! :heart:

It's never too late and thank you. We have not really looked into alternative meds but anything is worth a try. We do have a friend who does energy work and other therapies. We hadn't really thought about it, I guess the shock of the news makes it hard to think. Thank you for the nudge. We haven't seen our friend in a long time but maybe she can help. :muah::muah:

Nadja xxx

wildforyarn
05-22-2007, 11:18 PM
I am so sorry about the diagnosis! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

amy
05-23-2007, 12:45 AM
It's never too late and thank you. We have not really looked into alternative meds but anything is worth a try. We do have a friend who does energy work and other therapies. We hadn't really thought about it, I guess the shock of the news makes it hard to think. Thank you for the nudge. We haven't seen our friend in a long time but maybe she can help. :muah::muah:

Nadja xxx

:heart::hug::hug::hug::heart:
To me, when a western doctor says "in-curable", what they simply mean is "we don't know what else to do." Instead of admitting their impotence in the matter, they use scary words which make one want to give up hope. But there are other healing options. I hope your husband hasn't given up hope.

Follow your gut instinct above all. That's where the guidance is.

zip
05-23-2007, 12:54 AM
Nadja, you sound very strong and clear of mind. I wish you both well in your pursuit of healing and peace no matter the outcome.

:pray:

DreamWeaver
05-23-2007, 01:02 AM
I am so sorry for you, nadja. I don't know what to say. It's terrible to lose someone close to you, but he will never really leave you. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's the truth. I hope all the time you two have left together will be happy, despite this terrible occurrence :heart::heart::heart::hug::hug::heart::heart::hear t: My prayers are with you!

heykaren
05-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Nadja, I don`t know what to say that hasn`t already been said. I wish you both the best and hope that there can be some sort of help and relief to the horrible time you are both going through right now. Your blog idea and coming here to "talk" to all your KH friends might be just what you need to keep your sanity - remember to take care of yourself as well as your husband!

Karen

Teeka
05-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I am so sorry to hear your bad news. If you want to "talk", vent, curse, here we are.

:heart:

brownishcoat
05-23-2007, 10:06 AM
You can ask a mod to delete that post.

Shandeh
05-23-2007, 10:12 AM
I already mentioned it to Jan in CA, but she hasn't replied yet. She might be offline. You might try Andrea or Amy.

Teeka
05-23-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks! I figured it out, I think! Phew! My fingers are too fast on the keyboard sometimes. :oops:

Skater
05-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Nadja, I send you and your husband and family a big hug :hug:. The hopeless/helpless feelings you may have may be making every day a sharp reality for you. Some things are just so hard to believe, so hard to swallow, so hard to accept. May your days be softened and soothed with love.

nadja la claire
05-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Nadja, I send you and your husband and family a big hug :hug:. The hopeless/helpless feelings you may have may be making every day a sharp reality for you. Some things are just so hard to believe, so hard to swallow, so hard to accept. May your days be softened and soothed with love.

:hug:THANK YOU :hug:

Doodknitwit
05-23-2007, 06:16 PM

Thanks for listening

my heart and prayers are with you both. Peace for you & DH!

ecuzzacrea
05-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I would just like add my prayers and good thoughts for your husband, you and your family. :pray:

It sounds like you've gotten some good advice from all the wonderful people on this board.

You all will be in my thoughts.

Sanibelle
05-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Yesterday one of my coworkers and best friend's dad was told the he has at most 3 months left - he has small cell cancer and has been trying to fight it now for over a year, but the cancer has spread to so many of his organs that he was told that it is just a matter of time. I feel so powerless to help her get through this.

This morning I came across a blog called Bev's Journeyings. Here is the linK:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com

She has tons of patterns for not just cancer patient needs but for many people in hospitals that I would never have thought to knit for. And tons of places that are looking for donations of knitted or crocheted items.

I know this won't be much... but maybe if we all knit something - a chemo cap or something and donate in the name of a loved one suffering through cancer we can try to make a little difference for someone.

Just a thought....

Lynn

dewdrops
05-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Nadja,
I'am sorry.You and your family are in my thoughts :heart:.
May you and your DH have smooth sailing and soothing days ahead.
Dewdrops

photogirl12
05-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Sending you lots of :muah::hug: and :pray:!! I will be thinking of you both!

MiaZilla
05-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I have no words, but you will both be in my thoughts. :heart:

Miss Kittie
05-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm so sorry you and DH have to go though this..
I have been cancer free for 5 years now. My mother live for 7 months from the time she first got sick and they finally found what was wrong.
I'm sending :hug:'s and :pray: you way to you and your family..

Abbily
05-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Nadja, I just wanted to add my prayers for you and your family. I'm so sorry you are going through this.

Carey

Arielluria
05-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Nadja, I know in a way what you are going through. My DH had a Cancer which is normally untreatable, but thankfully caught so early he only needed surgery to remove the tumor. He is now going through other health issues which makes me wonder how much longer can he last. Every day I think it may be his last.

My stepfather found out a few years ago he had terminal Cancer and of course it was a shock and the end of the world to him. In a few weeks the one-year-old child of a worker of his died drowned in his bathtub. Obviously, he did not expect to outlive that child.

We just never know how long we, or the ones we love have left, so we should ALWAYS live and love like it's the last day.

He also had a friend who was told he had months to live with Cancer and he decided to just take a positive attitude and live every day with joy and just do what he wanted which was fish and enjoy his family. He lived for many YEARS, and consequently ALSO outlived my stepfather.

I guess what I'm trying to say, and I hope it's somewhat comforting to you, is that we are all terminal, it's just that some have a better idea than others when that might be, and in a way they are blessed because they won't leave any lose ends. We all have lost family members we wish we had gotten to mend fences or say one last "i love you" to.

My own father left home one day for work at the age of 39, and during his lunch hour, while sitting around with the guys telling a joke he put his head down and was dead. I was not even 2 at the time.

Finally, I know, this life is only the beginning. There is eternal life after this one and the life that awaits us is better beyond belief. Psalm 116:15 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=23&chapter=116&verse=15&version=49&context=verse) says:
Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His godly ones.
(Why? Because those which are His, will be with Him in Heaven).

Those are my beliefs, I don't know if they are yours, but it's all I know to share in hopes to comfort you. It comforts me knowing that tomorrow my life could be turned upside down by the loss of MY DH. We have no children and no family, so I would be pretty lonely, if not for my relationship with the Lord. I pray that you have comfort through faith, a loving support group or church, and just please know that I am praying for you and your family.

God bless you!
Lu

phxbettyjean
05-24-2007, 11:29 AM
My heart and prayers are with you my dear. Please cherish every
moment. I myself, have been cancer free for 2 years now so I know
what you're going thru. May God be with you.

nadja la claire
05-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Nadja, I know in a way what you are going through. My DH had a Cancer which is normally untreatable, but thankfully caught so early he only needed surgery to remove the tumor. He is now going through other health issues which makes me wonder how much longer can he last. Every day I think it may be his last.

My stepfather found out a few years ago he had terminal Cancer and of course it was a shock and the end of the world to him. In a few weeks the one-year-old child of a worker of his died drowned in his bathtub. Obviously, he did not expect to outlive that child.

We just never know how long we, or the ones we love have left, so we should ALWAYS live and love like it's the last day.

He also had a friend who was told he had months to live with Cancer and he decided to just take a positive attitude and live every day with joy and just do what he wanted which was fish and enjoy his family. He lived for many YEARS, and consequently ALSO outlived my stepfather.

I guess what I'm trying to say, and I hope it's somewhat comforting to you, is that we are all terminal, it's just that some have a better idea than others when that might be, and in a way they are blessed because they won't leave any lose ends. We all have lost family members we wish we had gotten to mend fences or say one last "i love you" to.

My own father left home one day for work at the age of 39, and during his lunch hour, while sitting around with the guys telling a joke he put his head down and was dead. I was not even 2 at the time.

Finally, I know, this life is only the beginning. There is eternal life after this one and the life that awaits us is better beyond belief. Psalm 116:15 (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=23&chapter=116&verse=15&version=49&context=verse) says:
Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of His godly ones.
(Why? Because those which are His, will be with Him in Heaven).

Those are my beliefs, I don't know if they are yours, but it's all I know to share in hopes to comfort you. It comforts me knowing that tomorrow my life could be turned upside down by the loss of MY DH. We have no children and no family, so I would be pretty lonely, if not for my relationship with the Lord. I pray that you have comfort through faith, a loving support group or church, and just please know that I am praying for you and your family.

God bless you!
Lu

Thank you Lu,

My support right now are the wonderful people on this forum. We are Quakers but it's been awhile since we've been to Meeting. I appreciate your prayers everything helps. Your step-father had the right idea. I'm sorry about your husband I hope everything is ok with him. Jerry and I are also living one day at a time and we've stopped sweating the small stuff. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Nadja xxx

kristinw
05-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I am really late with this - but my heart and prayers go out to you. I can't even begin to imagine what you are both feeling right now. :hug::hug::hug:

Aquaria
05-26-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry that your family is going through this... You and your family have my hugs and blessings:hug::pray:

nadja la claire
05-26-2007, 07:41 PM
I am really late with this - but my heart and prayers go out to you. I can't even begin to imagine what you are both feeling right now. :hug::hug::hug:

You're not late, I really appreciate your prayers. We're starting to except the prognosis, well kind of. It's still hard but we're trying to live around it.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts.

Arielluria
05-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Nadja, I am glad you and hubby seem to have the right perspective about this. We thank God for the big things which have come into our lives - his Cancer, my epilepsy, a home-building debacle from which only the Lord could have brought us out, and He did, etc. Without them we lived life, like most people - as you said, "sweating the small stuff". EVERYTHING is in SUCH different perspective after the tough stuff.......the refining fire.

It seems you already have taken that away with you from all this. It seems you have been blessed with little ones too, these tough lessons can be a blessing to them in the same way. They may be blessed to learn early in life what it takes some of us 5 or 6 decades to learn.........that there's so MUCH more to life than the everyday routine and the climb up the ladder which the rest of the world seems so obsessed with.

God bless you all. Stay firm in His Word and His presence and you will be comforted knowing His plans are perfect: Jeremiah 29:11 (http://cf.blb.org/search/getBible.cfm?b=Jer&c=29&v=11&version=NASB#11) 'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for good and not for evil to give you a future and a hope.
:muah:

You are on my prayer list. Please email pm me your email address if I can give you any encouragement that way. (I will need to add your address to my spamblocker's 'friends' list).

:hug: