PDA

View Full Version : FO: iPod cozy

JGM
05-17-2007, 09:41 PM
I made this with Palette from Knitpicks. I didn't measure before I felted it, but I know that it was 29 stiches wide and 64 stitches tall (on one side). I knitted four rows of garter stitch at the top and the rest in stockinette. I started at the top of the front, knitted down, knit one row of reverse stockinette for the fold, and knitted back up the back. I seamed the sides up using mattress stitch. I stranded the red behind the white stripes as I knit across.

When I went to felt it, the strands behind the stripes felted up tighter than the stripes themselves making them pucker. I wised up just in time to snip the strands before they felted too much and that let the stripes lay flat. I let it dry on my actual iPod wrapped in saran wrap (that's why it looks weird in the last picture :))

I felted it in my front load washer; I wasn't sure how it would work, but it was just fine. I don't have any experience felting in a top load washer, so I don't know if it took longer. I just put it on a cycle with hot water and threw in a pair of jeans. Enjoy!

Redlesley
05-18-2007, 12:59 AM
That looks great - good work on the felting. I haven't done any yet but I also have a front loader so had been wondering whether it would work!