PDA

View Full Version : FO-Venus pullover and WIP-Eliza tank

pointy_teeth
05-17-2007, 10:45 PM
This is my finished Venus pullover from knitscene mag spring 2007 issue. I used a different yarn (ON line linie Vision in Turquoise) than the one recommended (Rowan Holiday is too expensive!) The whole pullover was done in one piece, front then back, then the edges were sewn. It's hard to see the ridge pattern in the pic.

Okay, I didn't do a gauge swatch. And my knitting, I admit, was a little irregular (some stitches turned out loose some tight). I did a bit of crochet for the neckline because it was too loose. Though the pullover is supposed to be loose anyway and sorta hangs off the shoulder. It's lucky it fits! :cheering: Overall, I'm pretty proud of it. I did make it after all and it was a fairly quick knit on size 15 needles.

One of the projects I'm working on is Eliza from Berroco. I'm trying it with Lion Brand Cotton. I had a few other WIPs but I ripped them out to start over, a sock and a Clapotis. I was going to do a Clapotis scarf, but I decided to rip it redo the whole thing as a shawl.

I'm nearly done with a Lion Suede bolero. All I need to do is the edging, but I'm having trouble with picking up stitches. It says to pick up a certain number of stitches but whenever I try it, I come up with more/less sts than that number. I'm thinking of just picking up the sts however many and go from there with a K2P2 rib. Any thoughts on this? :??

sara_jayne
05-18-2007, 10:28 AM
They both look great - wonderful colors!