PDA

View Full Version : OT - Comcast doesn't listen

Deeknit
05-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I have been trying to work with Comcast for more than 6 weeks now on intermittent connection problems. 3 technician visits(interpretted 3 afternoons taken off from work), 6 customer service calls and 3 requests for escalations in writing and by phone, 2 promises of a phone call from a manager. No response from said managers:grrr::!!!::tap::wall:

What do I do!? I am so frustrated, there is no way I can be nice when and if I do get a phone call.

I am looking at changing and just getting one of those Verizon wireless cards.

Any thoughts?

auburnchick
05-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi Dee. A few months ago, I had some pretty bad problems with Comcast. I wound up speaking to a manager who gave me her cell phone number to call throughout the ordeal. Once she got involved and stayed abreast of the situation, my problems were resolved within a few days.

Perhaps you should go, plant yourself in their office, and not leave until you get to actually see and talk to a manager. It's easy to avoid you if they can't "see" you.

Also demand some $$ be taken off of your bill for what you've been going through.

Good luck!

mrs.hre
05-19-2007, 10:07 AM
we just signed up with comcast and they never showed up to hook us up. my husband called and they said nothing was ever listed. so he talked to the supervisor and they are supposed to come today, we will see. if not then we stay with satelite. i know someone it took them over a month to show up for something. like i said we talked to the supervisor and was insisted to speak to one. try that and i would say if it doesn't get done in a week you are changeing to something else. see if that works. maggie

bailsmom
05-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Our local cable company just switched over to Comcast and we upgraded to the expanded basic. I called and talked to the rep. on a Monday afternoon. He said it'd get done by Thursday AND that I didn't need to be home for this, which I was anyway. So Thursday comes and so does 5:00pm. I figured it would have been done by then, it wasn't. I called and talked to the BIGGEST *** that works there. He was so rude it wasn't even funny. After explaining everything 3 times to me as if I was deaf dumb and blind I finally told him to get the supervisor-which in doing so led me to wait on hold for 11 mintues!!

I was beyond pissed by then, so I stayed on hold and used my cell phone to get them again which I got an entirely different state and the woman was pretty nice. She took care of the whole thing and gave me her name and extension number and I had to ask, but she took of the installation fee off for me.

AT&T is going to be having this new cable system that they run through your phone lines. And that'll be done by June 1 for us so when that starts up were dumping comcast and using AT&T. Plus we get like 140 more channels for $40 more a month.

It amazes me that all these companies can treat customers so rudely and they make millions. And the nice ones go out of business. :??

Vendie
05-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Ah, we've had all sorts of problems with our Internet connection with Comcast. It would just cut out intermittently, but regularly (at least a few times a day). Every time we called, they said, "well, we're doing work in the area"...once we talked to someone who actually ran some diagnostics from his end and saw a problem and sent someone out. But that work order was canceled by someone saying, "we're doing work in the area". Turned out we needed a new modem, which they never even mentioned as an option - we suggested trying it.

When we moved, I was so happy that we weren't getting Comcast back. Now we have Brighthouse, and they've been much better - customer service has been very professional and our connection has been really good.

cathoo
05-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Consumerist (http://www.consumerist.com) is a consumer-advocate website (sometimes they're a little mean) and always post stories about poor customer service with Comcast. They got a hold of the CEO's address (http://consumerist.com/consumer/customer-service/contact-comcasts-ceo-257280.php), so feel free to write to him to complain about the service :teehee:

Julie
05-19-2007, 01:58 PM
We had the same experience as Wendie...lots of service interruptions with no real reason. I finally realized that our modem was 7 years old, and I read somewhere that you could just walk into the Comcast office and swap it for a new one. No problems since :thumbsup:

kristinw
05-19-2007, 08:13 PM
That is why I have DirecTV. Couldn't deal with Comcast anymore!

Vendie
05-19-2007, 10:29 PM
We had the same experience as Wendie...lots of service interruptions with no real reason. I finally realized that our modem was 7 years old, and I read somewhere that you could just walk into the Comcast office and swap it for a new one. No problems since :thumbsup:

Our modem was only a year old. We still had issues after, but not to the same extent. What's funny is that Comcast had been charging us a modem rental for months and we kept telling them we weren't using one of their modems and to stop charging us. And every month they kept charging us. By the time they stopped, we needed to rent a modem from them. :rofl:

We were hoping to maybe go to DSL and get satellite for our tv when we moved back to Indy, but to get a dish at our apartment complex is a big hassle, so we just decided to stick with cable for everything and get a bundle discount.

If anyone uses Insight, guess what - they were bought out by Comcast. :roll:

Deeknit
05-20-2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks for all the responses. I've been promised another call within 48hrs. Comcast has our area by the cohones(Sp?) and I'm afraid they know it. I haven't had this problem with them before. We shall see.

We have changed out modems, they have replaced splitters and connectors outside my house. Most recently I have asked them to help me diagnose any problem with my pc that may be causing this. They make me crazy. We will see what their next response is.

Thanks for the CEO address.

knitwit
05-20-2007, 09:22 AM
I finally said enough is enough and switched from comcast to bellsouth/att. I was tired of the outrageous bill, the continuous outages and lack of knowledgeable technicians for the internet service we occassionally received.
BS/Att is running a special where you get the modem for free too!

bobi1218
05-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, Comcast is horrible. We had the worst time trying to get any type of customer service from them. They just don't care, we argued, we threatened to speak to managers, we threatened to call the BBB, they really didn't care at all. We finally switched to Verizon FiOS. When DH called to cancel our Comcast service, the customer service rep asked why we were cancelling. DH gave him this big speech with every missed service appt, every messed up bill, etc, and the rep just said "Oh, ok."

Grr, I really dislike Comcast. Sorry to hijack your thread with my own vent. If you're having trouble with your internet connection, check the connector outside your house (where their wire enters your house). Ours wasn't sealed properly and would fill with water, and that was why our service would cut out. It only took 3 service visits to figure that out.

mrs.hre
05-20-2007, 04:45 PM
we just got off the phone with them and they said something keeps showing up as a default so i don't know what to do. i haven't heard one good thing about them. how is the direct tv

RiverDaughter
05-21-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm glad I live out in the semi-boonies. I get cable internet (though at a high price), but I don't have to deal with Comcast. :cheering: My internet company just loves calling me to ask if I want their cable tv deal on my days off, though. That irks me. Who has time to sit down and watch tv anymore? iTunes has all the shows I watch available for download the day after they air! :thumbsup:

Silver
05-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Isn't Comcast the ONLY cable provider? Why should they care? They don't have to because you don't have another choice.

We got fed up with cable service about 4 years ago and pulled the plug. When we were on a search for customer service because our signal was constantly grainy, they flat out told us they didn't care about our area and weren't coming out to fix anything!!! I swear. They told us straight up. So we canceled our service pronto. They were soooo nasty about it too. The tech guy that came out to disconnect us asks "You don't have any cable anymore? No internet either, right?" Then he clipped out about a 6 inch length from the main cable coming in from the neighborhood box and said "now you can't have it either". So that if we ever want cable again we'd have to have new lines laid down first. Whatever. Hubby looked him right in the eye and said thanks and we'd never get cable again.

We now have Bellsouth DSL and DirecTV satellite and have been totally satisfied with both. Both have great customer service.

Rorshach
05-21-2007, 10:45 AM
That pretty much sounds on par with Comcrap cable, I've heard nothing but bad news over them. I'd rather suffer dial up than deal with them. Fortunately, I don't have to. As far as your problem though, DeeKnit, I'd try to get a hookup with DSL, or as you said, Verizon wireless.

Stiney
05-21-2007, 11:45 AM
We don't have ComCast, we have Cablevision. They are EVILLE. And that's why we have DirectTV now. They came out about 5 times and told us the problem (fuzziness) was our TV, or the wires in the house.

Except the TV's were fine before we moved (with Cablevision) and the reception is perfect in the new house (with DirectTV.) So basically, Cablevision wouldn't fix it.

We want to switch to Verizon's FiOs TV, but when we called to make an appointment, and I took the day off work, no one showed up. :!!!:

I'm just glad that CableVision no longer has a monopoly in my town.

But if you want the problem solved, you really can't be nice. You need to keep complaining and asking to speak to someone's supervisor. At Verizon, if you want your problem solved, you need to make an "executive-level complaint." Not sure if they call it that everywhere, but it might help. :hug:

Stiney
05-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Oh, and I highly recommend everyone get Verizon FiOs Internet service as soon as it is available. You would not BELIEVE how much faster and smoother it is than DSL/Cable modems.

vaknitter
05-21-2007, 01:08 PM
I feel your pain. They brought a backhoe thorugh my front yard (uprooting trees, shrubs, and plants I spend 4 yrs nursing) without notifying me first, put a trench across my driveway. I called to complain and they told me I was a bitch they only came through b/c I ordered cable - NOT. Then they told me my husband had called and been at the house to okay the work - HMM wasn't married or engaged at that time so .... Then they just took to ingnoring my phone calls and giving me the run around until I decided that they weren't worth having a stroke or heart attack over.

Best of Luck and I highly recommend DSL or another card. Avoid cable altogether.

brightspot
05-26-2007, 11:40 PM
We had AT&T cable several years ago. When they got taken over by Comcast we were told that our bill would be the same. However, we were charged over $100 more! We never did find out why, but they said that they would cancel the charges. When I got my credit report a month or so ago they were on it!! saying that we hadn't paid them! Uggg! I get so tired of people not doing what they say they are going to do! Get a work ethic!! (rant over:)

mornnen
05-27-2007, 08:44 AM
I agree that the name of the company is "comcrap." Though mainly because of one incident. I'll not bore you with the details. What really annoys me is how they price their basic digital cable and premium digital cable prices so close together so that in the end, there is only about 7 dollars difference. Of course that way they can try to sell you the premium by saying 'its just a few dollars more' and that kind of crap. I wish you could purchase cable tv on an "a la carte" basis-- select the channels you want and just pay for those.