PDA

View Full Version : OUR NEW TOYBOX: Did'ya know....

ArtLady1981
05-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Did'ya know that you can now enable your personal options to accept direct email from other Forum members?

As it is...if you do nothing to enable direct email...when someone clicks 'send email to this person'...they will receive an immediate note that says this person has specifically rejected direct email.

Well, you MAY NOT have specifically chosen NOT TO RECEIVE direct emails from other members...but...if you have not specifically enabled/allowed direct email...that is how it appears.

There are lots of FORUM OPTIONS now. Keep playing with all the new toys! :lol:

As for myself, I wanted to send other members my Excel YARN STASH spreadsheet as an attachment (if they so request) I could not do this unless I allowed them to directly email me, and then I could attach the YARN STASH spreadsheet and email directly back to them. Remember, direct emails are not censored by KH. So the email content you receive will be on you. I guess if you got a raunchy email...you can always double back and disallow direct email from thereon.

Did'ya know: if you do not like others being able to see your handle/name as being currently online at KH...you can disallow that feature in your personal options. You can be INVISIBLE I think is how it is phrased.

Did'ya know: You can set your personal time zone...and all times on your computer screen will appear as YOUR TIME.

Did'ya know: some don't like the hyperlinks 'color' because of being very vague. Well, if you don't like the vague color of hyperlinks in your new posts...just highlight your hyperlink and change the color to the bright blue like this!

Well, that's my 2 cents for today.

If YOU have any "DID'YA KNOWS"...please post your 2 cents worth!

I guess this is how we will all eventually be able to FULLY utilize our KH toybox!

Ain't it just a blast??!!:cheering::happydancing: :woot:

Braden
05-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Did ya' know that the system automatically shrinks your images down to the right size, no more resizing now!

Susan P.
05-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Hi ArtLady..thanks for prompting me to look at options but the one thing I cannot see how to change is the colour of the hyperlinks once I click on them. I want to change the red to a blue or similar but couldn't see how. I have an IMac system

ArtLady1981
05-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi Susan P!

Well, what I meant was this: When creating a hyperlinked word(s)...folks were complaining that the hyperlinked word was not becoming a bright blue, thereby signalling the reader that it is indeed a hyperlinked word. It becomes kinda navy blue.

Well, here is what I do after I have created the hyperlinked word:

1) highlight the word
2) click the color manager above (by the smiley face)...and change the hyperlinked word to BLUE.

HERE (http://www.wildfibersmagazine.com/) is a live link to my favorite fiber magazine! Try it out!

Does this help answer your question?

After I have clicked on any given hyperlink...I can't remember what happens to its color. Do they change to a red-family color?

Now I am curious and will tinker around with it! :waving:

Hmmm, I tried clicking on the HERE link above in my Preview Post. It didn't change color after I had followed the link and back.

ArtLady1981
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
I FOUND ANOTHER WAY COOL DID'YA KNOW!!!!

Did'ya know....that you can enlarge ANY PHOTO by clicking on it???!!!

Now how cool is that!!!! Thanks Sheldon!! YOU ROCK!!

letah75
05-30-2007, 07:21 PM
As for myself, I wanted to send other members my Excel YARN STASH spreadsheet as an attachment

Ohhh, that sounds cool...what is this?

wildforyarn
05-30-2007, 08:20 PM
:tap:DID'ya KNOW that when you all type yours words in White font (like in KK's blog) I can't read them??? :?? Do I need to do something special in order to read it?

ArtLady1981
05-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Ohhh, that sounds cool...what is this?

Hi Letah!

I created an Excel YARN STASH Spreadsheet to keep track of all the yarn I have and all the data about all those yarns. It is pretty neat, and very helpful. You need to have Excel to use it however.

I you would like a copy, click on my FACE over there...and there should be a way for you to directly email me. For the subject, put YARN STASH SPREADSHEET REQUEST. I will keep on the lookout for your email request in my JUNKBOX. If you think it necessary, actually include your email address so's I can email the Excel attachment right to you.

I hope I have answered your question. :eyebrow:

sheldon
05-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Hi Susan P!

Well, what I meant was this: When creating a hyperlinked word(s)...folks were complaining that the hyperlinked word was not becoming a bright blue, thereby signalling the reader that it is indeed a hyperlinked word.

I changed the hyperlinks formatting a week or so ago so it would be more obvious. It was difficult to discern at first. Currently, hyperlinks in posts appear as a deep red (and slightly lighter shade once clicked/visited). Additionally, I added a special link icon to to the right of each hyperlink. I figured this secondary visual clue would be helpful since people can now post in any color font they wish.

sheldon
05-30-2007, 11:50 PM
DID'ya KNOW we're working on new chat software that is a gazillion times better than our existing chat...:lol:

We have lots of new toys were working on rolling out!

sheldon
05-30-2007, 11:56 PM
As it is...if you do nothing to enable direct email...when someone clicks 'send email to this person'...they will receive an immediate note that says this person has specifically rejected direct email.

I believe if a member doesn't enable "Receive Email from Other Members" in the Edit Option within the User CP then the option to send an email to that member won't appear. This was the default setting of the software when we installed it. I don't know if there are any ramification of having it enabled by default and letting people disable it at their discretion. I'll see what we can do.

kellyh57
05-31-2007, 12:32 AM
:tap:DID'ya KNOW that when you all type yours words in White font (like in KK's blog) I can't read them??? :?? Do I need to do something special in order to read it?

Highlight it (drag your mouse over it) and it should turn on a bar over it and the text should turn a differnt color. At least that's the way I've always done it. On another forum I read, they like to post spoiler information like that so those who don't want to know what's going to happen don't accidently see it.

Kelly