PDA

View Full Version : Something Cute My Son Said

auburnchick
05-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Yesterday, when we were shopping for work clothes for me (starting a summer job at a law firm and must have nice clothes), my son looked at a sweater that was hanging up. He first asked if it was machine knitted. I said yes. Then he pointed out the knit and purl stitches. He's almost 13. What 13 yo boy knows knit and purl stitches?? I had to chuckle. I keep asking him if he wants me to teach him how to knit (last summer I taught him how to crossstitch). He says no, but he does appreciate what I do. My dd rolled her eyes though. That's sisters for you. ;)

beckyrhae
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
awwww... that is pretty cool.

aineepooh1
05-20-2007, 11:50 PM
:lol::lol:
Smart boy~~!

KnittingNat
05-21-2007, 03:32 AM
How cool is that!!! Maybe if you won't ask him, but knit constantly around him he'll start by himself :lol:... As for your DD, she can roll her eyes forever - maybe she's just jealous that her brother finds what to talk to you about and is interested in you. Maybe deep inside she wants to do something like that, but she's too embarrased to admit that she's interested in her "uncool" mom and her "stupid" knitting... That's how kids are.. at my office everybody's making jokes about my knitting and i say to them "you just envy my hubby for getting something made for him and you envy my great tank tops!"
Keep up the great work with your kids!:thumbsup:

threesmom
05-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Very cute! :lol: They do learn something from us! And at least he sat and learned to cross stitch! There's hope! Yesterday, my 3.5 yo dd was pretending to shop, and when I asked her what she was getting, she said, "Mommy, I'm buying tomatoes, strawberries, and yarn." I'm rubbing off on her ...:teehee: