PDA

View Full Version : Noro Kureyon question

Momto G B and H
05-21-2007, 01:13 PM
What's with all the little pokey things in the yarn? I keep picking them out as I can't imagine it would be comfortable to be carrying my Booga Bag and being poked in the side with little pine needle like thingys.

Braden
05-21-2007, 01:24 PM
That's normal with that type of yarn. They usually come out with washing, though.

*It didn't happen to me with Kureyon, but with Noro Silk Garden*

simplethings
05-21-2007, 01:40 PM
Even though Noro has beautiful colors I think it's the most unclean wool.
I think all the little pokey things are twigs and dried leaves and such that were embeded into the sheep's wool while the sheep was still wearing it. I guess Noro doesn't spend much time combing it out and cleaning it.
This won't stop me from using it though, the color ways are hard to beat! :inlove:

Strangely, I get more annoyed by how certain sections of the yarn aren't spun as tightly as the rest so I ended up with a few really out of place puffy stitches.

Mommy22alyns
05-21-2007, 02:03 PM
I only had a few little splinters and I just picked them out as I went. The thick/thin texture did throw me, but it's the first time I've used anything like it. It was so rough it ended up irritating my hands as I zipped through the bag.

I'd still use it again though! :thumbsup:

Sanibelle
05-21-2007, 02:30 PM
I love/hate kuryeon too... I have all the same problems with it that you guys mentioned plus I there seem to be a lot of knots in the yarn as well. But I love the colors - I have not found anything even close...

jeanius80
05-21-2007, 02:34 PM
yeah grass bits i just pulled out as i found them. out of my first 3 balls, i had two with cut and retied ends. grrr.:!!!: the color repeats didn't match up so i ended up just knitting it as four in stead of two balls, and matched the colors as best as i could. not what i would expect from this grade of yarn. i will use it again though, cause the colors are so great!

syndactylus
05-21-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm using cash iroha & there are black hairs in mine!
but I don't really mind.
I'm just wondering - do most people cut out the really thin sections?

GinnyG
05-21-2007, 02:55 PM
My Noro Keuryon was LOADED with little brown bits of grass, it was VERY annoying. I could not believe that a yarn that cost so much was soooooooo dirty. But my bag looked lovely after it was felted and the bits of grass seemed to have dissappeared. I do wonder what would happen with a sweater.