PDA

View Full Version : When joining to knit inthe round...

3kids1036
05-21-2007, 02:56 PM
What is the best way to keep that joining stitch from being so loose? Mine is ALWAYS loose....thanks!

CarmenIbanez
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I actually knit flat for two rows, then join. That way, I can seam up that little part and tighten up that first join stitch.

misha rf
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I always swap the end stitches--slip the one on the left onto the right needle, then pass the formerly last stitch on the right needle over the new end stitch & put it on the left needle. It's the only way I've found that works for me, anyway.:shrug:

suzeeq
05-21-2007, 03:02 PM
There's a coupla ways....

The one I like is to CO 1 extra stitch, slip the first st to your right needle and begin knitting on the 2nd st; when you come to the last 2 on the round (the extra 1, plus the 1st slipped one) k/p them together.

The other is to swap the first and last co sts - put the 1st on on the R needle and the last one on the Left.

sue

madametj
05-21-2007, 03:07 PM
I actually knit flat for two rows, then join. That way, I can seam up that little part and tighten up that first join stitch.

i like this method best. ;)

3kids1036
05-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Thanks guys!!! I'm starting on Rusted Root, and I will try one of these when I get to that point. LOL, I JUST casted on. lol

PaperGirl
05-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I always swap the end stitches--slip the one on the left onto the right needle, then pass the formerly last stitch on the right needle over the new end stitch & put it on the left needle. It's the only way I've found that works for me, anyway.:shrug:

Thats the one I use too! Its the easiest for me.