PDA

View Full Version : Please don't make me miss AI!

madametj
05-22-2007, 05:47 PM
I have to miss the American Idol finalie because of my school's award ceremony tonight!:waah:

But I'm sure auburnchick and Silver will tell me all about it.:flirt:

auburnchick
05-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Uh, I decided to boycott since Melinda got voted off last week. I'm a little ticked off at the American public.

My kids can't believe that I'm not going to watch.

Would you like me to record it for you though? :teehee:

Oh, and have fun at your awards ceremony. Of course, you could always record that! I'm sure your mom won't mind. :teehee:

Jazzmatazz
05-22-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm a Blake fan, so I'll be watching! Melinda will do fine, but I don't think she's as Idolish as the other two.

madametj
05-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Uh, I decided to boycott since Melinda got voted off last week. I'm a little ticked off at the American public.

My kids can't believe that I'm not going to watch.

Would you like me to record it for you though? :teehee:

Oh, and have fun at your awards ceremony. Of course, you could always record that! I'm sure your mom won't mind. :teehee:

I know, i've got to find a blank tape, though :doh:

Silver
05-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Oh I will be watching!! I'm sorry you're gonna miss it but I will be happy to let you know all about it. :)

And Nathalie... *gasp* for shame!!! lol

auburnchick
05-22-2007, 07:30 PM
And Nathalie... *gasp* for shame!!! lol

Call it a social science (my major) experiment. How will the average person react when they find out that I CHOSE not to watch the AI final? I mean, it goes against the social norm. Will I be ostracized? :teehee:

Y'all enjoy. I'm going to happily watch DWTS, work on class assignments, and get some beauty sleep for my new summer job.

Hey, Madame, are you getting an award tonight?

Silver
05-23-2007, 08:33 AM
lol Nathalie. Well consider this subject shocked that you just didn't watch it. But I'm not gonna ostracize you. :)

Ok Madametj, here's the recap:
In Simon's words, Jordin "mopped the floor with Blake". Total slam dunk. If she doesn't win, this show is rigged. Blake shouldn't have even showed up. Seriously. And as if it were Jordin's secret weapon, at the end of the last song, Jordin got a little choked up and could barely get the last line out... very endearing. I think the vote will be a landslide.

Sanibelle
05-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Can someone please explain Randy's outfit to me?????? What was the deal with all the chains????

Ronda
05-23-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't know how, but I missed it. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

PaperGirl
05-23-2007, 10:33 AM
I was at my sons kindergarten graduation. I missed it too.

Silver
05-23-2007, 12:40 PM
Can someone please explain Randy's outfit to me?????? What was the deal with all the chains????
Ok dawg, ok check it out dawg, check it out..
Randy's a dork. :teehee:

Sanibelle
05-23-2007, 03:38 PM

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

zip
05-23-2007, 04:06 PM

:rofl: He is! and as irritating as Paula. So that gives us the dork, the drunk and the ... um... never mind.

SandraEllen
05-23-2007, 05:09 PM
yeah. blake really was terrible last night. i think it really showed up last night when they had to sing the same song.

and what's up with the lame-o song they always have to sing at the end of the season? can't AI get someone to write something good for them?

Julie
05-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm pretty :!!!:that AI and Lost overlap tonight. Normally I'd record AI and watch Lost on the Internet, but I am taping it for someone else. My kids are going to be soooo sad....:pout:

(not that we don't all know that Jordin is going to win! :mrgreen: )

madametj
05-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Hey, Madame, are you getting an award tonight?

I did! One for memorizing Scripture each week this year (Christian school), one for being on honor roll all year, and another for completing over a year's worth of work.

Ok Madametj, here's the recap:
In Simon's words, Jordin "mopped the floor with Blake". Total slam dunk. If she doesn't win, this show is rigged. Blake shouldn't have even showed up. Seriously. And as if it were Jordin's secret weapon, at the end of the last song, Jordin got a little choked up and could barely get the last line out... very endearing. I think the vote will be a landslide.

Cool :cool:. so did they sing 3 songs each again?

madametj
05-23-2007, 06:15 PM

:roflhard: :rofling: :teehee:

yeah. blake really was terrible last night. i think it really showed up last night when they had to sing the same song.

and what's up with the lame-o song they always have to sing at the end of the season? can't AI get someone to write something good for them?

They both sang the same song?

jodstr2
05-23-2007, 06:19 PM
I missed it.
I might watch the last part of it tonight, or the whole 2 hours, idk, haven't decided yet.

auburnchick
05-23-2007, 07:17 PM
I did! One for memorizing Scripture each week this year (Christian school), one for being on honor roll all year, and another for completing over a year's worth of work.

That is totally awesome!!! Does this mean you're a year ahead? Do you get to skip a grade?

And the scripture memorization...totally, TOTALLY awesome! I wish my kids went to a Christian school. At least they go to Youth group.

KellyK
05-24-2007, 03:15 AM
I was SO :!!!: tongiht when my STOOOOOPID DVR only recorded the first hour!! :hair:

I found the results online, but I wanted to SEEEE it!! :waah:

Im hoping I can find the replay on the AI site tomorrow.....

Im kinda happy about the results... not that I was a bigger fan of the winner, I just think the 2nd place person gets more creative control over what they produce afterwrd and I think that's more appropriate for that person. ;)

Silver
05-24-2007, 10:26 AM
I was SO :!!!: tongiht when my STOOOOOPID DVR only recorded the first hour!! :hair:
I found the results online, but I wanted to SEEEE it!! :waah:

Here ya go! (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22b6l_the-winner-of-american-idol-is)
It's just the results though. The rest of the show was ok, there were some really stupid parts, lots of performances by past winners and contestants, and an award for Carrie Underwood. The last song montage was good though... Beatles hits sung by the past idols.

Hooray for Jordin! :woohoo:

Silver
05-24-2007, 10:31 AM
They both sang the same song?
They each sang 3 songs. Jordin sang something new... a Christina Agulera song, and sang With A Broken Wing, or whatever it's called.

Blake sang that Bon Jovi song he beat boxed to, and something else (sorry I can't remember).

Then they each sang a song called This Is My Now. It was the winning song in the song writing contest. They sang them separately, and Jordin's version blew Blake's out of the water.

Arielluria
05-24-2007, 10:52 AM
:roflhard: :rofling: :teehee:

They both sang the same song?Congrats on the awards. I wish I could memorize Scripture! I have trouble remembering my own phone number!

Arielluria
05-24-2007, 10:55 AM
I got to watch it, thought of boycotting it too, Melinda was MY girl! BUT, Jordin was my 2nd choice and Blake is pretty original. Knew SHE would win though. By the look on his face before they announced it, he knew it too.

Good show, loved all the big names (Smokey, Gladys, Bette, Tony).

After seeing Elliot Yasmin (sic?) sing last week (he was last year's #3) and in my opinion better than the top 2, I've decided #3 is my new #1.

PaperGirl
05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
My power went out the exact second that Ryan announced the winner.

Coincidence? I think not..... :roflhard:

Arielluria
05-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Oh Nooooooooooooooooo!
:passedout:
That totally bites!