PDA

View Full Version : OT - Lost Finale

auburnchick
05-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Ok people...what did you think???

Looks like it probably won't be coming back next season, the way they ended things. Interesting...

BostonBecca
05-23-2007, 11:13 PM
They already announced that there will be two more seasons.

It seems as if that was supposed to be the future after they were rescued at the end of the show and for all of Jack's segments off island. However, I don't think that was an accurate future, or if it is, Jack goes back to the island to kick some more butt.

Holy heck, they kicked the Others around this episode. I personally think the people from Naomi's boat come on the island and are bad and Jack and the Losties have to fight them and the Others have to fight the Boaties as well.

I also think the Lost producers are using alternate timelines and Jack's flashes to the future in this episode were the future if they do leave the island now but not what will happen.

brendajos
05-23-2007, 11:13 PM
i don't watch but they came out a few weeks ago saying that there are 48 more episodes over the next 3 years. 16 episodes per season and i believe they said they will run them straight through without any repeats between.

IrishKnitter
05-24-2007, 12:13 AM
:shock: :noway: OH MY GOODNESS!!!! :noway: :shock:

I was SO shocked when KATE got out of the car and met Jack. What a CRAZY episode!!!! Hurley to the rescue! :cheering:

And Charlie! :waah: I hope he's not really gone...I like him! But I was confused...why did he shut the door? Why couldn't he and Desmond just swim to safety? :??

I can't believe we have to wait until January for next season!

auburnchick
05-24-2007, 07:44 AM
I did not know about the new seasons. Thanks for the info. I'll pass it along to my family!

figaro
05-24-2007, 09:03 AM
I loved this episode!! Way to go Hurley with the VW bus! I also felt sorry for him, Sawyer was the second person in 2 episodes to say something negative about his weight.

Its about time that the Losties kicked butt with those Others, and the guy the Sawyer shot, well that man just deserved what he got! And then when Jack went off on Ben, well :woohoo:! That guy really deserved that! But it looks like he (Ben) may have been telling the truth about the Boaties. It does look like they have traded the badness of the Others for the badness of the Boaties.

Anyone figure out who died? The only one we know it wasn't is Kate, it could be Sawyer but with Kate saying "I have to get back to HIM" makes me think that maybe she at least stayed with Sawyer? Maybe its Sayid? Maybe its John? I dunno...?

In my little humble opinion, I thought it was a very good episode, one that left with you with a lot of questions and anticipating the next years season.:cheering:

Silver
05-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Personally I think Lost keeps getting better and better. There was a time at the begining of this season that I almost didn't want to watch anymore. It felt like the story was going no where. But I'm so glad I stuck with it. It's getting so much better.

There are THREE more seasons then it will end. I think next season will focus around what happened after they got off the island, then the story will lead to them trying to get back, maybe successfully?

I'm thinking the funeral was Ben's. Or Jacob's? And I think Kate is living with Sawyer.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I will bet that after Lost is all over, it will come out that Stephen King is a writer for the show. This story has Stephen King written all over it.

Chel
05-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Okay, I am obsessed with LOST, so here is my take on the finale. (I even put down my knitting to watch it. Now THATS devotion!!!

First off, YAY for HURLEY. I love his character. I am glad that he proved that they were underestimating him all the time. For all his softness he is a strong character.

Jack...I was very surprised when it turned out to be Kate that Jack met at the airport. The fact that she didn't want to see him indicates that something really happened to pull them apart. I think the HE that she had to bet back to is Sawyer. I think the HE who's funeral only Jack attended was Bens. I mean think about it. He lied to and betrayed everyone he knew-even his own? But at the same time it was Ben telling Jack that the boaties were bad and that they needed to stay on the island. Now future Jack's life has fallen apart and all he can think about is how they should be back on the island and how they never should have left-exactly Bens sentiments.

Charlie... I really don't care for his character except for his relationship with Claire. His redemption is that he gave his life to save Claire and Aaron as well as the rest of the Losties. I think he could have left the room and escaped with :heart:Desmond:heart:, but the reason he didn't lies in the fact that he didn't want to change Desmond's vision because if he did Claire and Aaron wouldn't be rescued. He believed he HAD to die. Also, if :heart:Desmond:heart: had come into the room and drowned himself, who would have carried the message back to Jack that the Boaties were NOT sent by Penny Widmore?
Everything Charlie did, he did to save Claire and Aaron.

Kate... She just makes me angry. I am glad that after they were rescued she got some good conditioner and a flat iron, but that doesn't change the fact that she used Sawyer. Grrrrrrrrr.

Ben... what a lying manipulative cheat!!! If that was him in that coffin, I'm glad.

No... I'm not taking a TV show too seriously. :shock:

feministmama
05-24-2007, 10:54 AM
if :heart:Desmond:heart: had come into the room and drowned himself, who would have carried the message back to Jack that the Boaties were NOT sent by Penny Widmore?

So I don't get this part. Why was penny on the screen? Why do they think it's penny's boat? And why are the boaties bad? I'm so confused?

And then that guy Richard, he was one of the original others right? I mean he was the one to convince Ben to mutiney against the Dharma group. So how did Ben become the leader and not Richard? And why does Richard want to mutiney against Ben? I mean I think its great that Ben's people are all doubting him now.

And that whole thing with Joshua. I think Ben made him up and is messing with everyone's mind but then John could hear him and it blew Ben's mind.

And where is Micheal? Why was his son (forgot his name) there in the pit with John? Was it a dream? And why does he think the boaties are bad? WHy did he try to stop Jack from making the call?

I think it was John Lock in the coffin. Jack touched the coffin like he missed theperson in it. If it were Ben in there I don't think Jack would be so touchy feely about it. So I think it was John. Or maybe it was someone like ROse. I mean she has cancer and all. Maybe Bernard dies on the island or something. And the death announcement was real small so it wasn't someone big.

Yeah I watch too much TV:rollseyes:

BostonBecca
05-24-2007, 11:00 AM
I think "Walt" was a manifestation of the "monster" on the island (the black smoke thing). It manifests itself into people, it did it with Ben's mother before and someone else as well. It tests people and had already tested and approved of John.

You guys should check out lostpedia. It will suck so much time out of your life.

nadja la claire
05-24-2007, 11:01 AM
The guy who plays Ben was on a NPR show yesterday and even though he wouldn't really elaborate, he did say that the character of Ben does not die but he does come out somewhat worse for wear. Of course he may have been trying to throw us off the scent. I tried to stay up to watch last night but I couldn't make it, in fact I haven't really watched all season because they moved the time and I just can't stay up that late. I guess I could have watched on-line but I just didn't think about it. O well. I have the Summer to catch up.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

Silver
05-24-2007, 11:40 AM
So I don't get this part. Why was penny on the screen? Why do they think it's penny's boat? And why are the boaties bad? I'm so confused?
The boaties are bad because Naomi said she came from the boat. Penny does not know who Naomi is, so Naomi is a liar. They thought it was Penny's boat because Naomi had a pic of Desmond and said Penny sent her.

And that whole thing with Joshua. I think Ben made him up and is messing with everyone's mind but then John could hear him and it blew Ben's mind. It's Jacob. ;) John did hear Jacob, so he's probably real. I think Jacob is also the black smoke and other weird things on the island. He's some sort of entity that Ben is protecting. Why, we don't know... yet.

And where is Micheal? Why was his son (forgot his name) there in the pit with John? Was it a dream? And why does he think the boaties are bad? WHy did he try to stop Jack from making the call? Michael and Walt were allowed to go home. They left the island on a boat. Locke is trying to stop Jack because he knows more about the island than we do.

HTH! :)

Jax3303
05-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Jacks future vision. I think it's just a glimpse of what COULD happen if they were to leave the Island now. It's not set in stone.

The coffin. I saw a screen cap of the Obit. It said something like Los Angeles man found dead, and the dead persons name started with J. So it could be Locke, Sawyer, Jin, or someone we haven't even met yet.

The HIM kate had to go back to...well they've been making us believe that Kate is pregnant, and I think that HIM is Kate & Sawyer's son.

The 40 yr old woman and her 8 yr old son in the car wreck? I believe it to be Juliette's sister and nephew.

I don't think Walt was really there. I agree with whomever said it was another manefestation. like when hurly saw his friend from the mental hospital, or when Jack saw his father.

One thing has been bugging me at the back of my mind since season 1. When Jack was in the caves he found his fathers coffin. He busted it up, and the coffin was empty. Did Christians body get left behind in sydney? I want to know what happened to his body.

I also still don't believe Michael and Walt were really allowed to go home. I think it was a trap for them and they're locked away somewhere.

I also really want Jack to discover that Claire is his sister.

mks22300
05-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Did anyone else notice this? When Jack was trying to get his prescription filled, it was filled out by his father. How could he give Jack a prescription if he was dead? Unless of course, Jack just wrote it out on his father's prescription pad, but didn't that other Doc mention his father?

I loved Hurley coming to the rescue! And I hope that Charlie isn't dead, he's one of my favorites.

Chel
05-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh VERY NICE CATCH!!!!!:think:

Julie
05-24-2007, 03:25 PM
The 40 yr old woman and her 8 yr old son in the car wreck? I believe it to be Juliette's sister and nephew.

I thought the exact same thing :thumbsup:

If y'all haven't listened to the official Lost podcast...it's flippin' hilarious! Lots of cool insights too. :)

StefannyJo
05-24-2007, 08:43 PM
WHOA!! I just realized that Jack said "if you think I'm drunk, go upstairs and see my dad; I bet he is drunker than me'

auburnchick
05-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Yes, this had me weirded out too. Very strange...:scratchinghead:

Oh well, we have all summer to think up possible plots. :tap: