PDA

View Full Version : Circular knittng and those "jogs"

bolsa
05-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Help! I am knitting baby caps with 5 rows of pink stockinette st then change to a knit 1 round of white followed by a purl round. There is always a funny stitch at the end of the white purl round when I return to the 5 rows of stockinette in pink.
I researched the "jogless jog" but can't seem to get it right. Advice from the wool warriors would be greatly appreciated! Bolsa

turtlegirl76
05-24-2007, 04:30 PM
I've successfully eased the pain of the jog by just slipping the first stitch of the round and continuing on with the new color.

Jan in CA
05-25-2007, 01:39 PM
It took me awhile to get the jogless jog so hang in there! The only way to ensure no jog outside of that method is to knit flat and seam. Yuck. :teehee:

Braden
05-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I agree with TurtleGirl. Slipping the first stitch works better than anything I've tried.

Jan in CA
05-25-2007, 11:06 PM
I agree with TurtleGirl. Slipping the first stitch works better than anything I've tried.

Can you explain in more detail how this is done? I understand slipping the first stitch, but when do you do it? In the first round of the next color or what? :think:

Braden
05-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Yes, when you start a new color, you just slip the first stitch, and it doesn't leave a jog. When you're still using the old color, don't bother, you can't see it anyway. Does that clear it up?

redwitch
05-25-2007, 11:53 PM
I've heard that you get a good join if you knit the first stitch with both colours, then go back later and tighten the stitch in the colour you don't want to see, tighten it as far as you can I think.

Sarah

Jan in CA
05-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Yes, when you start a new color, you just slip the first stitch, and it doesn't leave a jog. When you're still using the old color, don't bother, you can't see it anyway. Does that clear it up?

I think so. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!