PDA

View Full Version : Two hurrays!!

threesmom
05-24-2007, 05:36 PM
:woohoo::cheering::cheering::cheering::yay::woot:I FINISHED IT!! The cardi for my older dd - I think I started it in March - I started, after a looong search for a pattern and yarn (ended up with Bernat denim in kahki - which turned out just like I wanted it to!) then switched colors, so frogged the thing, then ran out of yarn on the last sleeve - of course. I even had to play around with increasing in a pattern - which seemed to require more thought than I planned - it was supposed to be a no brainer! But, it's seamed, with buttons, and ... if you can believe it ...FITS HER PERFECTLY!! Maybe I shouldn't be sooo excited, but its the first thing I've made for her that I'm actually proud of - I won't cringe when she says "Mommie made it!" ....

(Of course, a short while later, while helping to clean her room, there is said sweater, lying in ball on the floor at the foot of her bed :wall:)

Also got myself all registered for fall Stiches in Baltimore ... :cheering:I went last year, but didnt' find out about it until all the classes were pretty much filled - even so, the amount of yarn was AMAZING. I was surprised by how many classes were sold out already - Here's the link, in case anyone is interested http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events.php
I might even get an overnight out of it - one night all to myself, to recharge my mommie battery - a night free of dinner, baths, bedtime stories and multiple drinks of water!! :woohoo:

Thanks - I just had to share my excitement! Anyone else want to share theirs?

auburnchick
05-24-2007, 06:12 PM
:cheering::cheering:

marykz
05-25-2007, 08:58 AM
That is so great!! How wonderful it fits her perfectly!! you should be excited!

I'm excited about Stitches East in Baltimore too- my Mom and I are going Thurs-Fri. We are really looking forward to it! (and we are staying there overnight- it will be nice, as you say, to have an evening to ourselves...)

Braden
05-25-2007, 09:04 AM
:cheering: :happydance:

Ronda
05-25-2007, 09:11 AM
:woot::woot::woot:

rebecca
05-25-2007, 12:19 PM
WTG!!!! You know she loves it and has been wearing it if it's made it to a ball in the bedroom! That's how all of my daughter's favorite cloths ended up when she was younger...on the floor after she wore them!

threesmom
05-25-2007, 04:45 PM
:roflhard: - So true Rebecca, so true! I guess I should be honored the sweater has a place beside teh play time princess dresses!