PDA

View Full Version : Baby Knit oddball blanket- PG 14- UPDATE!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

snowbear
05-24-2007, 10:40 PM
I borrowed this idea from Shandeh with her permission.

I knit for babies. Newborns, premies, babies in need of love.. wether it be in the hospital, in the foster care.. wherever.

Upon reading the oddball blankets & shawls.. I thought of adding my idea for babies.

If you would like to be a part of a group who knits for babies.. read on.

I would start blankets and sent to the next one on the list. The only requirement would be to knit with love for these wee little ones. Since baby blankets would be smaller.. I would suggest knitting about 3 inches.. then passing to the next. This way I can start several blankets, and they can all be knit with love in mind. You choose the pattern, color, texture.. etc. I'll send you the blanket started, and the list of who gets it next.

I've seen babies in need of warm loving blankets. It breaks my heart. I can't do all I want.. and this way.. others can join in a very worthwhile and fun knit a long.

Since my Grandmother use to get together to do quilting bees, I think she would approve of modern tehnology to change needle types and still produce a gift of love.

Yarnlady
05-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Where will these blankets be donated? xxx

snowbear
05-25-2007, 11:47 AM
The blankets will be donated to our local children's hospital. They specialize in infants & children. They have the dauting task of helping those infants who have been abused, injured, and extremely ill. I have been giving them blankets.. 1-2 every other month for quite a long time, and they are deeply appreciative of the gifts.

When some of these babies come in they have nothing, and to have a blanket that is theirs be able to stay with them, gives them a sence of security.

The nursing staff is very carefull to make sure the blanket stays with that infant and they become very attached to it. The toddlers themselves are allowed to pick a blanket if there is a choice.

The procedures and medical testing that some go through is aided by having an item that is theirs.. and isn't taken away each time.

Thank you for asking..

Shandeh
05-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Good luck with your Baby Blanket knit-along, my friend! :muah:

Just one word of advice. It would probably be best to keep the list of addresses secure at your house. Most knitters won't want their mailing address available to everyone else.

snowbear
05-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Great advice, I agree totally, and meant to say I'll email each one where the next stage would go, that way, only the previous knitter would know where the blanket was going to be mailed. Even though we are a "knitting family" we all need to be protective with sensitive information.

Shandeh
05-25-2007, 06:20 PM
I'll join your knit-along!

What kind of yarn are we using?

I'm thinking we might need to avoid some yarn, since some babies are allergic to certain fibers.

misha rf
05-25-2007, 09:47 PM
What a fabulous idea!! I'd love to join in!!

Yarnlady
05-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Okay, I'm in!

snephenie
05-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Most excellent idea!!! Being a mom it breaks my heart to hear of children suffering. anything I can do to help, I'm up for it :)

Shall we PM you our mailing address?

Yarnlady
05-26-2007, 08:56 AM
I would suggest acrylic yarns. They are just the easiest for staff to take care of, wear long, and stay bright. :star:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/afghans1.jpg

knittingmama
05-26-2007, 11:40 AM
I'll help too :)

snowbear
05-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Acryllic is the best yarn. They survive the hot soapy waters that must be used to keep these clean. The nursing staff is awesome about keeping the right blanket with the right child.

Please send me your name and addy through a pm here or to my email. I'm sitting this Saturday to start mailing the blanket.

I think bright colors, would be best.. the children seem to like bright primary, and secondary colors. They pick those first.

Thank you all for joing this great cause. The hospital stated they are not sure I can take pictures.. usually I just drop them off.. But they will try, if possible to share how the children use them. They are so appreciative of anything.

Thanks again!

Shandeh
05-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Should the yarn be worsted weight, or something lighter?

Quiltlady
05-27-2007, 09:44 PM
Okay, I'd love to help out. Please sign me up. I'll send you a PM right now with my mailing address.:happydance:

snowbear
05-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting, Murphy has been attacking me physically.

THe yarn should be a worsted weight. That is light enough yet sturdy enough to last. I'm going to try and get the list together tonight and mail it out tomorrow or Saturday. I'll post the list, and when the blanket went out.

I'm fighting a bad tooth ache, and can't see the dentist till tomorrow.. so.. I'm on pain pills... lol You'd be amazed at what I've done.

I'll update with who gets it when.. and then when you're ready for it to be sent.. let me know & I'll email you the addy to send it to.

Thanks all of you for joining, the hospital is excited that so many knitters from all over are doing this for their kids.

:muah:

Shandeh
06-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Sorry for the delay in posting, Murphy has been attacking me physically.

I'm fighting a bad tooth ache, and can't see the dentist till tomorrow.. so.. I'm on pain pills... lol You'd be amazed at what I've done.

Who is Murphy, and why is he attacking you? :help:
Tell him to leave our KH friend ALONE!

I hope your tooth gets better soon. I just had a MAJOR tooth infection a few weeks ago, so I know exactly what kind of pain you're dealing with. Good luck! :hug:

jjminarcik
06-01-2007, 01:56 AM
Hey Snowbear!!! I would love to help with this! I'm sending you my info in a PM now.

lissalue
06-01-2007, 11:01 AM
I'm in!! pm'ing you now!!

cheley
06-01-2007, 11:12 AM
What about postage?

Shandeh
06-02-2007, 12:52 AM
What about postage?

If it's like our Oddball Blankets, we are each responsible for our own postage.

snowbear
06-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Murphy is that one that when everything goes wrong.. it's Murphy's Fault. Like Murphy's Law.. Anthing can go wrong at the worst possible moment.:

Ok.. status as of now. I'm making the lists.. I have the blanket started.. I'm going to try to get this mailed out today and will post all the questions hopefully. Hugs to Shandeh for all her imput while I've been fighting a blocked salivary gland. Painful, is thebest way to describe it. I've lost 6 lb. Nothing tastes good & it hurts to eat.

Ok.. I'm going to finish up the list.. then will post in a bit.

Thanks for all of you volunteering, I'm soo sorry this has taken a bit of time to get out. :hug:

snowbear
06-02-2007, 09:45 AM
OK

The list is complete, the blankets are started, and they will be mailed out today. You may think I've made a typo.. but no.. due to the size of the blankets.. (smaller) we have enough knitter volunteers to do 2 blankets.

Please use worsted weight acryllic yarn. They are started with purple, on round needles. Please knit about 4- 5 inches, then email me for the name and addy next on the list.

They will be mailed out today.. One going East, one going West.

When the last one is finished, it will come back to me and I'll give them to the hospital.

I received 2 beautiful finished baby blankets from debinoz.. they are so wonderful. I will add our blankets to the stack and donate them all at once.

I've included a little memo book with each blanket. If you don't mind, add a note for the receipitant. Sometimes the familys like to know that others really care about their child, and this way they know the love that went into the blanket.

I've included little things for each member of the group. Their #'s are on the box's. I'll send you your # when I email you telling you the box is on its' way.. Just a little thank you for helping.

SInce we're going in 2 different directions, we are in essence covering the US!.

Thanks so much for understanding when I couldn't get the posts done.

I'm off to the post office to mail the packages out, then this afternoon I'll post the list of where they are going, and an email to the one's receiving the blankets first.

Hugs, thanks and blessings on all of you.

I'm off to mail about 5 packages.. 3 to kids.. ( I'm really in trouble w/ grandkids, lol )

:hug::muah:

Jan in CA
06-02-2007, 09:59 AM
**I would like to make a comment here.. you said worsted weight acrylic which is fine, but there are many ww acrylics that are NOT suitable for a baby. Red Heart Super Saver comes to mind.. I suggest a soft acrylic like Caron Simply Soft.**

If you need another knitter I'd be glad to help out.

larudden
06-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Is it too late to join? I PMd you!

snephenie
06-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Can we see the list? So we know in what order we will get the blanket? ;)

HollyP
06-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I'd love to join if it's not too late! I have a ton of SS in my stash. Let me know. Thanks!

Doodknitwit
06-02-2007, 03:12 PM
:cheering: I would :heart: to help!!:aww::aww:
sign me up please :X::woohoo:
:yay:

snowbear
06-02-2007, 06:46 PM
OK... I feel like I've run a marathon today, lol. But, 2 boxes are on their way!

THe West Coast list is:

snephanie
yarnlady
oneyarn
jjminarcik

The East Coast list is:

Quiltlady
Shandeh
lissalue
misha rf

Jan is right, worsted is the right weight, but a soft yarn is best.

Please knit about 4-5 ". They are fairly small. The hospital has requested they be used as a snuggly instead of a blanket.

So.. around 20-25 inches is perfect.

Since I mailed them to the farthest first, they will be heading back to home base at the end of the trip.

Another one is already in the wings. We already have 3 knitters signed up for it.

I spoke with the coordinator and she is so excited. She is especially happy that so many are working together. She is appreciative of all gifts.

I enclosed a small booklet, if you wouldn't mind,, simply add a thought or two. The parents sometimes have asked where they come from, and I just signed my first name. I don't want thanks from them,,just to let them know someone cared.

In each box is a small treat for each of you. I appreciated your patience in getting this going. I'm so glad this week is over, pain is not fun!

Shandeh, thanks sooo much for all your thoughts & help, You truly helped this novice. :heart:

God Bless all, and thanks again.. Any questions feel free to ask.

I'm trying to catch up on all the things I've put off all week, and finally getting where I can see daylight!

Bear Hugs to all...

misha rf
06-02-2007, 08:55 PM
Woo hoo!! I can't wait!!!:happydancing::happydancing::happydancing:

Thank you for organizing this!! :muah:

Shandeh
06-02-2007, 08:58 PM
:muah: :cheering: :muah:

snowbear
06-02-2007, 10:06 PM
The first set of boxes went out today. I had others sign up after they were mailed. I want to make sure you know that you will be in on the next one.. next Friday!!!!!.

I am still on pain pills.. so I may not have made it clear.. There are others who signed up.. and we will be starting another blanket next week!. So please... don't feel left out. I would never leave anyone out that wanted to be a part of this.

If you still have questions.. please ask.. I do not want anyone to be affended or hurt. :hug:

Big Bear hugs to all.

P.S. When you receive the blanket..you decide what kind of stitch you want to add and the color you want to add. This was copied from Shandeh's oddball blankets.

Just use colors -primary, secondary.. or combo.. soft worsted weight acryllic yarn. These will be washed in hot soapy water.

Any other questions please ask..

Thank you all for participating in this.. I can't wait to see the kids with them!

Big Bear Hugs

Robinknits
06-03-2007, 05:17 PM
I want to join too! I'll PM you.

Sanibelle
06-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Hi Snow bear. I would love to join to. I have some pretty baby yarn and plenty of extra needles so if you want me to start one I would be happy too...

This is a great idea... I am so glad that you started it.

Shandeh
06-03-2007, 06:32 PM
snowbear, I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

snephenie
06-04-2007, 01:57 PM
I got the blanket already!!!! :) YAY!!! I will get started on it tomorrow as soon as I unearth my box-o-yarn!!! :)

Thank you snowbear

snowbear
06-04-2007, 05:11 PM
wow. I just mailed it Saturday. that is great.

I'm glad it arrived fine.

I'm dong better... now to catch up on everything I've put off, lol

:muah:

Quiltlady
06-04-2007, 05:38 PM
I got mine too!! That is fast delivery!! I hope to mail it on Saturday to the next person. I will begin working on it tonight.:cheering:

Thank you for the "goodie" bag. I think I'll take the pink one! Sweet of you!!

snowbear
06-04-2007, 10:15 PM
WOW.. thepost office got the packages to the right person in less than 48hrs. that is remarkable!

I'm so glad they both made it to their destinations.

Bear hugs to all.. I'm going to bed... back pain still bothering,, but.. that is all at this point... :cheering:

That is awesome considering what I've been through.

I'm watching for the shawl.. and have warm fuzzy feelings just knowing the power of this site.

BIG BEAR HUGS!!:hug:

Quiltlady
06-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Snowbear, I need the mailing address of the next person you want me to send it on to. I'm done and want to mail it out on Saturday.:cheering:

I sent you a pm a few days ago but not sure you received it. Thanks.

snowbear
06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
hmmmm:??

I sent you an email 2 or 3 days ago.. ok.. I thought I did.. I checked it on my list.... hmmm:??

Ok.. no prob.. I'll resend it to here..

Bear hugs...

(if you see my mind running around.. grab it will ya?_)

snowbear
06-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Quilt Lady... Check your private messages here.. That is where I sent it. If you don't have it.. let me know & I'll send to your other email. Ishould have explained I sent it to this p.m.

Quiltlady
06-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I got her address. Thank you!! The package will be going out today.
:lol:

snephenie
06-07-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm using Caron Simply Soft Shadows in the color shown here (http://caron.com/yarns/shadows.html)

I forget the name of the stitch pattern I'm using but I think it's a rice rib pattern.

I'm hoping to get it done tonight if not definately by the end of the weekend.

snowbear
06-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Awesome!

You guys are wonderful. Life is crazy at times, & I know the kids are going to be so happy that you took time to make them happy.

WOrds may not be expressed, but the looks tell it all

I'm off to do some shopping for some new yarn.. I have a credit card that had dust on it! I definatly want to clean it off!

Hugs to all of you.. and thanks again!

HollyP
06-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm sorry if this question has already been asked! Are the blanket being designated as girl or boy blankets? Or are we aiming to keep them unisex?
Thanks!

snowbear
06-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I am learning I really needed to put more info on the initial post. The blankets are more or less unisex. It is easier that way for the staff. They said at one time they had 85 % girls for some reason.. so.. this way it balances out.. Some boys like purples, and some girls like blues.. the kids pick out the one they like. They also said that at times its more boys..very very rarely is it balanced.

I am so excited. My son-in-law might actually add to one. He is 6'3", 210 lbs. of solid muscle. I taught him to knit so he could knit his daughter a blankie. I was humbled at the sight of this Marine, a MP very very strong.. knitting the cutest blankie just for his daughter.

ok.. I'lhush.. lol hugs everyone!

Shandeh
06-08-2007, 02:20 AM
My son-in-law might actually add to one. He is 6'3", 210 lbs. of solid muscle. I taught him to knit so he could knit his daughter a blankie. I was humbled at the sight of this Marine, a MP very very strong.. knitting the cutest blankie just for his daughter.
Awwww! :aww:
I want to see a photo of that!

Shandeh
06-09-2007, 11:57 PM
I got my package today! :cheering:

The blanket looks SO pretty so far! :inlove:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1207/538205507_4d271e51a0.jpg

I picked the yellow gift! :)

I'll get started on my knitting right now!:thumbsup:

HollyP
06-10-2007, 09:30 AM
That looks great!!:inlove:

snowbear
06-10-2007, 12:45 PM
That is all I can say it looks great!

I've started compling a new list for the next blanket..I'm waiting for some info, then will try to post today.

Thanks so much for all the great help! I can't wait to give them to the kids!

snowbear

snowbear
06-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi, Sanibelle is going to start our next blanket. I've been under the weather, and would have mailed it to her to start anyway!

Here is the order:

Sanibelle,
HollyP
Doodknitwit
Larudden
Robinknits

If you have any questions, feel free to always pm me or ask here.

If you are reading this and want to join let me know, and I'l start a list for the next blanket.

thanks so much

snowbear

snowbear
06-10-2007, 07:12 PM
There has been a request form Holly to wait a week or so, so Doodknitwit is getting it next.

Sanibelle started it for me today and is almost ready to send it out.

So, Doodknitwit, I gave Sanibelle the addy... after you it will go to HollyP.

Hope all is going ok w/ everyone

take care

snowbear

HollyP
06-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks for being so accommodating Doodknitwit!:thumbsup: All of the sudden things got really hectic here. That extra time will be a lifesaver.

Hope you are feeling better Snowbear!

Doodknitwit
06-10-2007, 08:24 PM
:blooby::woohoo::woohoo:YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHH:yay::yay:

Shandeh
06-10-2007, 08:31 PM
I started my knitting today, using a buttery yellow shade of Caron Simply Soft. It looks so bright and happy beside the cheerful variegated knitting completed before me by Quiltlady.

Sanibelle
06-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Here's what it looks like so far!

I am hoping to get it done tonight and in the mail in the AM

Doodknitwit
06-10-2007, 09:05 PM
:waving: beauteeful!!! :star: I'm next :X:

Shandeh
06-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Sanibelle, that's such a pretty cherry red color!

Doodknitwit
06-10-2007, 09:37 PM
funny I was wanting to be next!!!:hug: gguess we have PMS..no I mean ESP:aww::woohoo: no problem at all

snowbear
06-10-2007, 09:43 PM
It all is looking great! So beautiful, colorful.. wonderful..

thanks to all who understand and agree to swap places, start things, etc.

You guy rule!

I agree we have PMS with ESP a dangerous condition considering we use sharp pointy sticks!:roflhard:

Sorry just had to say that....lol

Big Bear Hugs!

Doodknitwit
06-10-2007, 09:55 PM
what a hoot!!! :poke::poke: :eyes: :X: as fast as I can

snephenie
06-11-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm ready for the address of the next knitter!!! I have about 2 more rows left, but it will go out tomorrow :)

I'm thinking varigated yarn probably wasn't the best choice for this stitch pattern...but oh well...live and learn :)

I cant seem to find the box with my digital camera so we'll have to wait for a picture from our next knitter :)

Sanibelle
06-11-2007, 11:33 AM
OK Doodknitwit - I put it in the mail this AM. YOu should have it by Wednesday or Thursday

Yarnlady
06-12-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm ready for the address of the next knitter!!! I have about 2 more rows left, but it will go out tomorrow Is it on it's way? Huh? Huh? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? :teehee:

Shandeh
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I finished my knitting today, while visiting with Lestrella, after she fed me a yummy Dominican meal. :heart:

I used Caron Simply Soft yarn, and the pattern called "Lace V's" in the "Big Book of Knitting Stitch Patterns".

By the way, this blanket has 102 stitches, if anyone wants to know.

I'm ready to send it to the next knitter!
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1013/542985385_f395df7a80.jpg

misha rf
06-12-2007, 06:10 PM
OOOOH!!! It's so pretty!! I can't wait for it to get to me! :cheering::happydance:

lissalue
06-12-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm ready to send it to the next knitter!

That's me!!!!! :cheering::happydance: And you did such a great job Sandy! That was fast too!

Shandeh
06-12-2007, 06:40 PM
That's me!!!!! :cheering::happydance: And you did such a great job Sandy! That was fast too!
Thanks Melissa! :heart: Now, I guess we have to get together again. :teehee:
(I can mail it if you want....just say the word.)

lissalue
06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks Melissa! :heart: Now, I guess we have to get together again. :teehee:
(I can mail it if you want....just say the word.)

oh no!! i have to see you again?:rollingeyes:

:teehee: I am just kidding!! I would love to meet up to get the blanket, but if you don't hve time with your busy kh meetup schedule, you can mail it. let me know which is more convenient for you! :hug:

Shandeh
06-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I would love to meet up to get the blanket, but if you don't hve time with your busy kh meetup schedule, you can mail it. let me know which is more convenient for you! :hug:
I tell ya!! This week is SUPER BUSY with KH meetings! :shock:

I saw Lestrella today, I'll see Doodknitwit tomorrow, and I'll see wewantmore on Friday! (I'll be teaching lessons and having choir rehearsal on Thursday, so that day is out too.)
We'll figure it out. :wink:

misha rf
06-12-2007, 09:28 PM
lissalue, the sooner you get it, the sooner *I* get it!!! :muah:

Shandeh
06-12-2007, 09:48 PM
We're gonna have a quick lunch on Friday. :thumbsup:

snowbear
06-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Life is a bit of a roller coaster for me right now, and I just wanted all of you to know you make it easier. I smile, and lol at some of your posts, knowing all this is for such a great cause!

Thankyou

Knitterly love,
&

snowbear hugs,

:muah::hug::heart:

bobi1218
06-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Is it too late to join in? We've been out of town since the end of May, and I'm just getting caught up on things now, and saw this post :) I'd love to be a part, if there's room - I'd also be happy to start a new blankie, if needed.

snowbear
06-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I've received a few requests to add to our wonderful baby blankets.

I'll be starting a new one in one week. If you know of anyone who would like to join tell them to drop me an email.

I'll post the list the 22nd of June.. Thanks for all the great interest, and the wonderful knitting!

:cheering:

lissalue
06-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I got the blanket from Sandy today. I am soo excited to get started on my part of it. I am going to spend the weekend deciding what pattern and color I want, and start Monday at the latest. :cheering:

Doodknitwit
06-15-2007, 08:32 PM
I got the blankie from Sanibelle yesterday!! it is a neat pattern which I've continued :psst: I hope to mail it out Mon if not tomorrow .. i'm:X: as fast as i can:eyes:
Holly P gets it next!!! :woohoo:

HollyP
06-16-2007, 12:38 AM
:cheering:I can't wait!!!! I think I have the perfect yarn for it!

snowbear
06-16-2007, 09:37 AM
You guys rock! I know the babies are going to love the colors & the different textures.

You guys are going fast.. It's almost a race to see where the 3 blankets are!

:hug:

lissalue
06-18-2007, 10:02 AM
i decided on my stitch pattern and yarn, so i am starting right now!!:cheering:

HollyP
06-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Got the blanket today!! I'll post pictures later!

oneyarn
06-18-2007, 05:21 PM
:knitting:Just wondering who has the west coast blanket...

HollyP
06-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Here are the aforementioned pictures. http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/babyblanket.jpg

Close up
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/closeup.jpg

And the :inlove:goodies Doodknitwit sent me:hug:! Thanks again!!http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/goodies.jpg http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/IMG_0124.jpg

For some reason I can't get a good picture of the stitch marker, but it is really bea u ti fulll!

snowbear
06-18-2007, 08:35 PM
It is headed for AZ, then to TX!

snowbear
06-18-2007, 08:36 PM
The blankets are looking fantastic!

Big Bear Hugs to all of you!

I can't wait to give them to the hospital.. I know they are going to love them!

Yarnlady
06-19-2007, 08:48 AM
The blanket arrived yesterday from snephenie :happydance: and being an over achiever :teehee:, I started in on it last night. There is a pic of it before I started on my blog. I'll post another after I finish my section.xxx

lissalue
06-19-2007, 01:54 PM
I got started yesterday, and when i started my pattern, i realized i had dropped a stitch somewhere, but i couldn't figure out where. so, i just added one in. after about 5 more rows (halfway through my part) i found the dropped stitch where it was slowly working it's way through sandy's section. so, i caught it with a dpn and figured out that i never knitted the stitch. it must have fallen off my needle on my very first row. sooo, i frogged my whole part, saved the stitch, reinserted the needle, and i am about to go start again. it was skeery and frustarting all at the same time. :help::grrr:

snowbear
06-19-2007, 06:56 PM
lissalue,, Bear hugs,, that is frustrating.. I know the first time I saw a dropped stitch I about lost it. I'm so proud that you frogged and started over. Thank you so much.

But, now you know you can do it.

I know there are ways to pick it up.. not sure if's listed on this site.. I've bought one of those books that tell you how to fix what you did.. ( don't ask, but it stays with me at all times)

I know it will look great!

Shandeh
06-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Hey, if all else fails, we can just get together again, and I'll fix my section if it got damaged. No biggie.....we'll pull through! :hug:

lissalue
06-20-2007, 09:07 AM
So, should I lie and say I didn't get it fixed so we can get together?:shifty: :teehee:

just kidding. it was only down 2 rows, so it was easy to save.

Yarnlady
06-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Yesterday I finished up my portion of the blanket I received from :star: Snephanie on Monday. It's addressed and will go on the road today to Oneyarn. :star: Pics of it are on my blog.

Shandeh
06-20-2007, 10:09 AM
So, should I lie and say I didn't get it fixed so we can get together?:shifty: :teehee:
just kidding. it was only down 2 rows, so it was easy to save.
Darn it! You're just too GOOD a knitter now, Melissa! :teehee:

oneyarn
06-20-2007, 06:01 PM
I am so excited the blanket is on it's way to my house. Already have an idea about what I am going to add, but seeing it in person could change everything.

HollyP
06-20-2007, 07:35 PM
I finished my portion last night! Iwas going to mail it out today but as Snowbear would say Murphy has been kicking me around today. Everything I did today took 2-3x longer than it should have. By the time I finished my errands the PO was closed!
It will definitely be in the mail tomorrow to Larudden!!

I decided to continue in the same pattern as Sanibelle and Doodknitwit.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/hollyp236/IMG_0125.jpg The color I chose is sort of a Tiffany's blue that I had in my stash.

snowbear
06-20-2007, 07:54 PM
*STANDS UP ON HIND LEGS, AND LOOKS FOR MURPHY*

*sees Murphy, & tosses him a few miles and holds him underwater... don't mess w/ my knitters!!!!!!!

*shakes head & body.. saunters back to ice float and relaxes.

Ok.. HollyP.. If Murphy starts up again you just call me

The blanket is looking awesome!

Robinknits
06-20-2007, 08:19 PM
I just got back from a 2 week vacation. I see that I will be getting the blanket soon. Yea!!! It looks great!

Doodknitwit
06-20-2007, 08:26 PM
oh my how sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
great job gurl :yay:
:woohoo:
:blooby:

Sanibelle
06-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh Holly that looks so great. I love the way it is turning out. I hope the next person keeps the pattern going as well.

Yarnlady
06-22-2007, 11:23 AM
I've been working on my log cabin scrapghan and was thinking that might be a style of blanket we could do. :shrug: Pics on my blog.:star:

snowbear
06-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I love all the blankets! A new one w/ new members will be starting today.. I'll start it, and send it out. I'll post names & addy's this afternoon.

(It'll give me a break while cleaning. lol)

There has been some discussion in starting another one.. I want all to know this has to be voluntary, if you would like to participate in another baby blanket let me know.

The following has been suggested as a baby blanket theme.
Log Cabin.
Simple pattern to be followed by all

The choice is yours. email me here, and let me know if you want to participate, and which of the 2 you would like to do.

If there is enough, we'll do both!

I know the children's hospital is excited, and the post office ladies can't wait for more boxes, lol It's so funny they really feel they are knitting to help.

I did tell one that I had to wait for one package to be delivered to me, and they called or did something and it was on my door step that evening!, lol

So, email me here, pm is the correct term I guess, and let me know!

Any other suggestions, please feel free to post. I don't want anyone to think their opinion doesn't matter. We are all here to help this and I truly appreciate each & every one of you!!!!

*gets off soap box*

Ok.. I'm going to set up the other baby blanket, let's hear from you!

*Runs around and gives everyone a big bear hug.. and runs for the ice float!*

HollyP
06-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Thanks everyone! :hug:
I mailed the blanket yesterday morning. Larudden should have it in 3-4 days.

snowbear
06-22-2007, 03:51 PM
That's great HollyP! Thanks sooo much!:muah:

Doodknitwit
06-22-2007, 05:26 PM
:waving:who's sending me a blankie? what stitch? :star:

snowbear
06-22-2007, 05:39 PM
OK

The fourth blanket is underway.

Doodknitwit is joing again (:hug::muah:) to finish this group.

I'm going to try to mail it out tomorrow.. and here is the order!

(drum roll please)

Bobi1218
Doodknitwit
BarbRude
Kellycarr05

The east coast really rocks!!!!!!

Again.. odd ball knitting, about 4-5 inches, worsted weight, acryllic, and any color.. Though I have started a pink main color, feel free to add to or change totally

Thanks soo much!

Charity Knitting is addictive!:muah::hug::cheering:

oneyarn
06-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Came home from work to find the West Coast blanket waiting in my mailbox. :lol:

It is really looking good. Hope to start working on it tonight.

BarbRude
06-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah, I have yarn waiting, can't wait to get started.

lissalue
06-22-2007, 10:48 PM
sorry my part is taking so long, but i will definitely mail it by tuesday. i have been a bit under the weathert. i think i have a sinus infection :pout: so, it hasn't been easy to want to knit. but i am working on it

snowbear
06-22-2007, 10:55 PM
*gets steamer... adds water & vapor meds... puts near lissalue,

Gets very very soft kleenex.... and trash can.. puts near lissalue,

Fixes hot tea w/ honey...

*starts homemade chicken soup

OK!.. You take care of yourself.. don't worry about the blanket... rest, fluids is what you need.. been there done that tooo many times.

Big Bear Hugs...* Tucks lissalue in, w/ warm heating pad to help the congestion.

* slips out as quietly as a polar bear can

Dangles
06-23-2007, 12:44 AM
oh no :( get well soon lissalue

lissalue
06-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Thanks y'all. I would love to be able to slip back undere the covers, but the baby is up, and i expect the other 2 very shortly. It is weird, I will Hve a day where I feel much better, then 2 where i feel like I could crawl under a rock. I am on day 2 of the rock feeling. So, hopefully tomorrow with church and everything, it will be a good day.

Okay, off to knit hile I can.:muah:

Shandeh
06-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Hang in there, girlfriend! :muah:

Sanibelle
06-23-2007, 12:43 PM
Snowbear -

I like the idea of the Log Cabin blanket - I think that would be fun to try.

But I will knit on any blanket so if you want to start another count me in.

ADAllen
06-23-2007, 12:48 PM
I certainly would love to help as well.

HollyP
06-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Count me in too! I love doing these!!!!!!!!!

lissalue
06-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I would also like to do another one.

snowbear
06-23-2007, 08:49 PM
:hug:OK... It seems to be shaping up that we have enough knitters! lol

I am going to make a suggestion... The log cabin will start, and go to everyone that wants to do a part.

Then. another one will start where we all do the same pattern. This one will probably have fewer knitters..

So.. I'll get stuff together, and post more tomorrow.

you guys rule!

snowbear
06-26-2007, 10:23 PM
HI... Sorry I've been late.. Murphy is attacking...

having to have some medical tests done// probably nothing..

the west coast blanket is getting ready to be shipped to jjminarick,

I'll try to update more tomorrow.

Thanks,,

HollyP
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Hope everything is all right Snowbear!:hug: Take good care of yourself!!!

ps It was so hot and humid here today that I wished I was in your avatar!

oneyarn
06-26-2007, 10:55 PM
West Coast Blanket is leaving Austin tomorrow and should get to you soon, isjjminarcik. :cheering:

snowbear
06-27-2007, 12:26 AM
The last 2 knitters of the original 2 blankets will be getting their blankets soon.

I'm soo excitied. you guys are the best.. I'll try to get my end caught up and the next one out..

Murphy is really trying my patience, and that isn't my long suit

Love to all:hug:

lissalue
06-27-2007, 09:42 AM
East coast blanket is going in the mail as soon as i get out of the house today. on its wat to misha rf.

i will try to remember to take a pic before i pack it up. no promises though.

larudden
06-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Oh Holly that looks so great. I love the way it is turning out. I hope the next person keeps the pattern going as well.

That would be ME! I found this little package when I returned home from my trip! Yup, I will definitely be continuing the pattern because it is sooooooooooo pretty. And all the yarns used are so soft too. I keep touching it.

It's my day off. Gotta find some nice soft yarn to use.

Blessings,

Yarnlady
06-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Have the second round of blankets gone out yet? The log cabin and the specific pattern ones?:shrug:

misha rf
06-28-2007, 02:55 PM
East coast blanket is going in the mail as soon as i get out of the house today. on its wat to misha rf.

i will try to remember to take a pic before i pack it up. no promises though.

WOO HOO!!! I'm actually getting this blanket before any of the oddball ones :rofling:

I can't wait to see it!!:cheering:

lissalue
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
I forgot to take a picture, and i didn't get it mailed til today, but it is now in the mail and on its way to you! :cheering:

misha rf
06-28-2007, 03:09 PM
:happydance::cheering::happydance::cheering::happy dance::cheering::happydance::cheering::happydance: :cheering::happydance::cheering::happydance::cheer ing::happydance:

larudden
06-28-2007, 11:28 PM
I got some really neat yarn tonight and got my first 4 rows in. Of course, being the yahoo I am, I forgot to knit 4 stitches at the beginning and end of one row. Sorry 'bout that! I'm paying really good attention now so the rest should be ok.
Blessings,
Leslie

jjminarcik
06-29-2007, 02:21 AM
I got the West Coast blanket in the mail today! :cheering::cheering: I can't wait to start working on it!

snowbear
06-29-2007, 12:42 PM
OK.. 4th blanket got mailed.

The everyone blankets get mailed tomorrow along w/ postings.

Sorry.. Had to undergo some medical tests..upper & lower gi.

not real pleasant.. but I did get to tell the Dr. I told you nothing was wrong but nerves. ( He had to buy me a malt...)

So.. needlesss to say I haven't been out of the house for a few days.

Hugs to all the blankets look awesome!

misha rf
07-02-2007, 03:34 PM
The blanket arrived today!! I almost knocked my husband over trying to get the mailer out of his hands. :rofl: He tried to pretend like it wasn't there. Silly man. You should never come between the knitter and the project!!

That said, the blanket is absolutely beautiful!! I'm going to look through my stash to see what I want to use with it. :out:

And I *love* the purple!! Thank you!! :happydancing:

snowbear
07-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Knitters.... It is very hard for me to type this.. but I must.

Due to some health issues, I am going to step down from starting more blankets at this time.. At present there are 4 out there.. and when they return, I'm going to present them to the hospital..

I am so frustrated about my lack of ability to keep up with the postings,, I am deeply embarrassed.

I want to thank all of you that have & is participating. As the blankets return.. I'll post pics..

Thanks so much for your help.. I do know they will appreciate the blankets so much.

Hopefully, in a few months the Dr. will figure out what is going wrong. There are days that I have all the energy in the world.. then there are the other days.

I can sit and knit.. and lay & knit.. but sitting up in the chair to type, is very difficult.

It is hard to concentrate at times..

I do apologize to those of you wanting to start another blanket.. I tried.. truly.. but it just isn't meant to be at this time.

The one thing that does help is to relax, and knit.. it keeps my mind off of things I don't need to be thinking.

Again, I'm sorry, and I want to thank all of you who has participated.

I'll keep up with the lists till all the 4 blankets that are out are back in.

Bear hugs to all...

Sanibelle
07-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh Snowbear...

I am so sorry - I hope that they find out what is wrong soon so you can start healing....

You have really inspired me and if you want I can start the next blanket and send it off. Right now we just need you to rest and get well.

So if anyone is interested, let me know. I know I am not Snowbear but I can try and keep this going in her place and we can send you the finished blankets as they are done....

Anyone in?????

jjminarcik
07-04-2007, 12:18 AM
:hug::hug: to you Snowbear! Feel better soon!!!!!

Hi Sanibelle - I would love to help continue this along. :cheering: Let me know what I need to do. I wouldn't mind starting another blanket and sending it out (but I guess I do need to finish my knitting on the one I have! :rofling:

Seriously, I'd love to help. Let's do it.

ADAllen
07-04-2007, 12:25 AM
I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well. Please take care of yourself and don't let us make you feel any worse. :hug: :muah:

Of course, Sanibelle, I'd still love to help.:heart:

snowbear
07-04-2007, 02:29 AM
I am humbled by your kind words.. Thank you so much.. I truly wish I could give all of you big bear hugs...

I am deeply moved by your generosity in continuing.. thank you... know I will try to help in any way I can.. there are just days I can't sit & type...

I have insomnia to boot, lol and knitting does relax me.. know you're in my thoughts as I knit..

I've got to go take my meds.. so hopefully I'll sleep..lol The Dr tries to tell me that knitting isn't restfull.. I've asked him how many people does he want to argue that point.. I advised him of this web site alone.. and he shut up.lol

Big bear hugs... *slips over to her ice float.. and relaxes while floating.. knitting as she goes...

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 02:39 AM
Take care of yourself Snowbear!!! :heart: :muah: :heart:

Dangles
07-04-2007, 04:19 AM
Snowbear,
:pray: for you go get better soon. :hug:keep on knitting. :grin:

larudden
07-04-2007, 08:27 AM
:muah::heart: Boo hoo Snowbear.....:muah::heart:
I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time. I hope that the dr. figures it all out soon so that you can get back in the swing of things here.

I would be more than happy to keep these KALs going as well, so sign me up for any new blankies that are getting started.

OK, so I finished my part of this blanket. Of course, being the newbie knitter that I am, there are some parts that don't quite match up to the rest. Luckily, I didn't drop any stitches (Good Lord!). However, if you look at it from far away and squint your eyes, it's perfect!

Seriously, I apologize for my bloopers. Luckily, I used a variegated yarn so they don't show too badly.:oops:

Now who do I send it to next? Is there someone here who is picking up where Snowbear left off?

I'll wait for a PM.

I had such a fun time working on this and can't wait to do another. Hopefully, it'll just be in garter stitch. I can't mess THAT up!

Blessings,

Doodknitwit
07-04-2007, 08:34 AM
seeing your energy stablizing and strong!!! hugs and prayers to you my friend!!!

lissalue
07-04-2007, 09:28 AM
I'll be praying for you snowbear! please let me know if you need anything. :muah::hug:

Sanibelle, I would love to continue helping as well. I can also start one if need be.

Robinknits
07-04-2007, 11:01 AM
I hope you feel better soon Snowbear! Take care of yourself.

Larudden, I'm next. I sent you a PM.

Sanibelle
07-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Yarnlady PM'd me with a great idea - what do you guys think of this. If we can get 5 people to do this we will have 5 blankets done in no time!

Here is her idea:

I would also suggest that if we had a group of say for example four knitters, Ann, Betty, Cathy and Debbie, each could start a blanket.

Ann would start one and mail to Betty. Betty would start one and mail to Cathy, Cathy starts one and mails to Debbie. Debbie starts one and mails to Ann. Each person mails to the same individual each time. Each blanket is mailed on to each member of the group, so everyone works on four blankets. In the end, everyone knits a whole blanket, just in different sections. It breaks up the knitting and makes it easier and more fun to see how it will be finished up by the others.

I think we would actually need 5 knitters to make this work. Artlady has even volunteered to organize it. I think whoever started the blanket could decide on the pattern - so if we wanted to do a log cabin one - the starter of the blanket would start it that way.

Anyone else want to do this?????

snowbear
07-04-2007, 11:08 AM
LArudden... I sent you a pm... Robinknits is the last for that blanket.. then it comes home to me...

That blanket is done..

the original 2 are almost done.. and the last one is just starting...

I'll keep up with the lists... as it's almost at the end.

Im going to post the last blanket list to each in case I miss a post.

I slept some last night.. but very tired...

Enjoy the 4th.. thanks for everything..

*slips on her icefloat.. and rests....

Doodknitwit
07-04-2007, 11:09 AM
What a great idea!!!

Doodknitwit
07-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Sanibelle you are a smart cookie!!! great idea

larudden
07-04-2007, 11:32 AM
Anyone else want to do this?????

Me! I'd love to do it, as long as the pattern is not too crazy!:grin:

Blessings,
Leslie

jjminarcik
07-04-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm still in! I would love to participate! Let me know what I need to do. . . :cheering:

Yarnlady
07-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
I volunteered to organize the Log Cabin-a-thon. We're going to do five blankets at the same time. I'll need groups of five to do this one. We'll call our knitters Ann, Betty, Cathy, Debbie and Esther.

Each of the five will start a log cabin blanket. That requires knitting a rectangle, say about 4 x 4 or 5 to 5 x 5 or 6 inchs. It can be square or rectangular. BO, with the right (public) side facing you, all the sts except the last one. Send it on to the next person on the list (Ann always sends to Betty; Betty always sends to Cathy, Cathy to Debbie and Debbie to Esther and Esther to Ann.)

When you recieve the square, you hold it with the right side facing you, loop in the upper left, and pick up the sts down the left side. Knit back and forth xxx (garter st) for 4 to 6 inches. BO, with the right side facing you, all the sts except the last one, and send it on to your recipient.

Each of the participants gets to knit on each blanket and when we're done, we'll have finished five blankets. When the fifth section is done, that individual will wash, dry and then will mail it to Snowbear. :star:

The initial knitter will state what size needles they used and what kind of yarn (I suggest Red Heart acrylic. It really washes up nice and soft. Acrylic is inexpensive, warm, and easy to care for.) We will not need to send on knitting needles as everyone, I'm sure has standard size needles or can obtain them inexpensively.

I've done several of these so I understand what I'm talking about. :teehee: I am guilty, however, of sometimes not expressing all the details, so if you have any questions, please ask.

If you'd like to participate, please send me an e-mail chain3turn@yahoo.com with your mailing address, e-mail and board name. I check my e-mail more often than I come to the boards. Participants will be assigned first come first served. I'll set up the mailing list to go quickly around the country. We can do as many of these as you'd like and continue as long as there are participants.

Please remember if you volunteer it's a commitment. Yes, life does happen, and in that case you'll just need to send it on and someone else will be more than happy to do your share. But it does need to be sent on. And as a participant you do need to stay in contact with others.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/Two/logcabin.jpg

Sanibelle
07-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Yarnlady -

I emailed you.

Here is a link to a Log Cabin blanket:

http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/log-cabin-square.htm

Yarnlady
07-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Got your e-mail. Now we just need three more!xxx

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 03:38 PM
I can't do the log-cabin blanket, because it confuses me. :eyes:

I will help out with a regular one, though.

Doodknitwit
07-04-2007, 03:46 PM
you aren't the only one............................Sandy

Sanibelle
07-04-2007, 05:44 PM
It looks like there are still a number of us that want to still do "regular" baby blankets. So if I start are the folllowing people still in:

Doodlknitwit
Shandeh
JJimarcik
ADAllen
Lissalue
Larudden

Is this OK with all of you?????

Doodknitwit
07-04-2007, 06:49 PM
:yay::woohoo: :yay: :blooby:

Yarnlady
07-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Okay, we'll not do the log cabin one then.

oneyarn
07-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Please include me in on the regular baby blankets. I enjoyed knitting on the West Coast one and would love to help with more.

lissalue
07-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I'll do the log cabin one if enough people volunteer. if not, i am still willing to work on the regular ones.

ADAllen
07-04-2007, 10:01 PM
It looks like there are still a number of us that want to still do "regular" baby blankets. So if I start are the folllowing people still in:

Doodlknitwit
Shandeh
JJimarcik
ADAllen
Lissalue
Larudden

Is this OK with all of you?????
Definitely ok by me!

Shandeh
07-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Yarnlady, I think you could still do your log cabin blanket. You could just use a lower number of knitters, and circulate them around.

Sanibelle, just let me know when you want me to knit.

larudden
07-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I'd like to do both! I need practice doing log cabin knitting. I hope we can get 5 people!
Blessings,
Leslie

Sanibelle
07-05-2007, 09:29 AM
So it looks like we have enough people to do both. How about if I start one and send it to Doodknit who can give it to Shandeh and we can figure out from there who wants it next.

Yarnlady - if you start the log cabing one and send it to me I can send it to Lissalue and then we can figure out who wants that one next.

I will start mine tonight - I am a fast knitter so I should be able to send it out by the weekend.

larudden
07-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Are there going to be just 2 blankets going, one "regular" and one log cabin? Or are we each supposed to each start one? Just wanna get my facts straight! :)

Thanks.

Yarnlady
07-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Okay, if we're going to do the log cabin, I need all those interested to e-mail me chain3turn@yahoo with their information. Name, address, board name. I need at least five people, including myself. :happydance:

We will be making five blankets. :star::star::star::star:

Don't worry if you don't understand how it works, :shrug:just be willing to start a blanket by knitting a square or rectangle and sending it on to the person who's address you receive. :waving:

xxxEach time you receive one, knit on it and send it on.

That's all you have to do. ;-) The rest works itself out. If need be I'll do a photo tutorial on how to bind off and start sections of the blanket.:teehee:

lissalue
07-05-2007, 10:45 AM
Did you get my email YarnLady? I haven't checked it this morning to see it you have written back. :oops:

Sanibelle
07-05-2007, 11:12 AM
How about we do one one regular for right now and the 5 log cabins. I think if we take on more than that to start it may be too much.. is that ok with everyone else????

LaRudden I love the pic you made - I hope you do not minf that I borrowed it.

Yarnlady
07-05-2007, 11:24 AM
I've only received three e-mails (larudden, lissalue, and Sanibelle) about the log cabin. That means I need one more participant. Anyone else game? chain3turn@yahoo.com As soon as one more participant e-mails me, I'll give you all directions to get going.

larudden
07-05-2007, 11:40 AM
LaRudden I love the pic you made - I hope you do not minf that I borrowed it.

Borrow away! It's for everyone! :muah:

Blessings,
Leslie

misha rf
07-05-2007, 02:09 PM
I'm almost done with my portion of the East Coast blankie! Another 3/4" or so to go. I'll post a pic when I'm done.

Snowbear, I hope you feel better soon!! :muah:

Yarnlady
07-05-2007, 03:28 PM
We have our five participants for the Log Cabin Baby Blanket-a-long!!!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

E-mails have gone out to each of the participants!

Ladies! Start your xxx!

Sanibelle
07-05-2007, 03:39 PM
We have our five participants for the Log Cabin Baby Blanket-a-long!!!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

E-mails have gone out to each of the participants!

Ladies! Start your xxx!

I am so excited - I have been wanting to do a log cabin blanket since I got the Mason Dixon book.

Thanks Yarnlady!

Shandeh
07-05-2007, 04:13 PM
Do you all want me to make a blog for our Oddball Baby Blanket KAL?

Shandeh
07-05-2007, 04:15 PM
How about we do one one regular for right now and the 5 log cabins. I think if we take on more than that to start it may be too much.. is that ok with everyone else????

Sounds like a good plan, Sanibelle.
How many knitters will there be on each blanket?

We can make a list here that shows the order of knitters for the regular blanket(s).

Sanibelle
07-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a good plan, Sanibelle.
How many knitters will there be on each blanket?

We can make a list here that shows the order of knitters for the regular blanket(s).

Shandeh -

Here are the knitters for the regular blanket:

Sanibelle
Doodlknitwit
Shandeh
JJimarcik
ADAllen
Lissalue
Larudden

I think we want them to be 28" long so if we have 7 knitters we can each do 4" and send it on. I will start it tonight and send it to Doodknitwit - I have her address and I know she lives near you and will get it to you. After that we can see who wants it next. OK????

Shandeh
07-05-2007, 06:46 PM
You da WOMAN, Sanibelle! :happydance:

Shandeh -

Here are the knitters for the regular blanket:

Sanibelle
Doodlknitwit
Shandeh
JJimarcik
ADAllen
Lissalue
Larudden

I think we want them to be 28" long so if we have 7 knitters we can each do 4" and send it on. I will start it tonight and send it to Doodknitwit - I have her address and I know she lives near you and will get it to you. After that we can see who wants it next. OK????

lissalue
07-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Sandy can then give it to me if she wants, since I am fairly close to her.

Sanibelle
07-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Sandy can then give it to me if she wants, since I am fairly close to her.

Oh that works out great! I used to live not too far from you guys too... the day after I graduated from HS, my family moved from Brooklyn NY where I grew up to Greenville SC. Talk about a change! Greenville is a much bigger city now than it was when we moved there in 1973 (if you are doing the math I was 4 when I graduated from HS:shrug::shrug: It is so beautiful in that area. My brothers still live in the south - in Atlanta - but I am back in NY for the last 8 years.

Sanibelle
07-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Do you all want me to make a blog for our Oddball Baby Blanket KAL?

That would be so cool... and so nice of you :cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering:

One of these days so one is going to have to tell me how to set up a blog.... I love reading others but I have never had one.....

Thanks so much

Shandeh
07-05-2007, 08:46 PM
It's SO easy to make a blog.

Just go to www.blogger.com (http://www.blogger.com) and follow the directions.

You can make LOTS of blogs with the same account.
(Right now, I have 13)

I just create my blog, using one of their templates, and enter my data. I add photos with my account on www.flickr.com (http://www.flickr.com)

Shandeh
07-05-2007, 08:54 PM
I've just started making our blog.

Here's the website address:
http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/

HollyP
07-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Hey if it is not too late I would love to be part of another baby blanket! I am willing to any blanket just let me know! Thanks!

misha rf
07-05-2007, 08:59 PM
If it's not too late (or if y'all decide to do another one) I wouldn't mind being in on one of the "regular" blankets. Me + picking up stitches = :wall::hair:

Yarnlady
07-05-2007, 10:54 PM
I've just started making our blog.

Here's the website address:
http://babyoddball.blogspot.com/ Do we have to join blogspot in order to post?:shrug:

misha rf
07-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Here are some pics of our blankie!!

Snowbear, I need your addy so I can send it to you.

Sanibelle
07-06-2007, 12:23 AM
I think I am doing this right - I am following the pattern in the Mason Dixon book. It really is not hard at all.

Here is a picture of how it looks so far:

Shandeh
07-06-2007, 06:11 AM
Do we have to join blogspot in order to post?:shrug:

Nope...anyone can post. But I have to approve your posts before they appear. Otherwise, it will fill up with spammer posts. :-?

Don't worry...I'm good about approving posts quickly. :thumbsup:

Yarnlady
07-06-2007, 09:12 AM
I think I am doing this right - I am following the pattern in the Mason Dixon book. It really is not hard at all. Your technique is fantastic. Just remember we are only sending on the center section, one color, one block in our Round Robin.... I finished mine up last night, too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/misc023_edited-1.jpg

debinoz
07-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Okay, now I'm confused on the log cabin blankies. I thought we were only supposed to knit the center square/rectangle and send it on. :shrug: If it's something else, sombody let me know because I was mailing it later on today. :shock:

Thanks Lizzie... we both posted at the same time!!

larudden
07-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Okay, now I'm confused on the log cabin blankies. I thought we were only supposed to knit the center square/rectangle and send it on. :shrug: If it's something else, sombody let me know because I was mailing it later on today. :shock:

Yup, just the center.

Sanibelle
07-06-2007, 10:52 AM

I was just practicing to make sure I knew how to do it..... Sorry I confused you.....

snowbear
07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Hi GUys..

It is looking awesome!

I'm on my way for the tests... thanks soo much for everything.

Big Bear hugs

Yarnlady
07-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I was just practicing to make sure I knew how to do it..... Sorry I confused you.....Oh good! It really is very well done! Now you'll have one of your own to work on. I have one that's about 30 x 30 I think and I love to work on it when I need some "brainless" knitting time. Went through a lot of stress in late June and I must have added five inches on each side during that!

debinoz
07-06-2007, 01:48 PM
That's okay, Sanibelle. DH says I stay confused all the time anyway. I thought about making one with all my little balls of leftovers. I've made log cabin quilts, but this will be my first attempt at knitting one.

debinoz
07-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Good luck on your tests snowbear. I hope they figure it out soon.

I know some tests can be worse than whatever it is you have. I went through about 4 months of some really horrible tests about 18 years ago. For around 3 months or so the bathroom was my best friend and I lost over 50 pounds. After all the gross testing, I was diagnosed with IBS. At least I knew what was wrong. I think that's the hardest part.... not knowing.

Big hugs!!

Shandeh
07-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Hi GUys..
It is looking awesome!

Big Bear hugs

:heart: :muah: :heart:

Sanibelle
07-06-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi GUys..

It is looking awesome!

Big Bear hugs

Good Luck Snowbear - we all have you in our thoughts. :muah::muah:

snephenie
07-06-2007, 04:09 PM
If we want to get another group together I can start another blanket! Let me know if anyone else wants to do another one.

jjminarcik
07-06-2007, 05:57 PM
:hug::heart::hug::heart: to you, Snowbear!!!

I still want to help on the next blanket. . . but I still have the West Coast blanket, so if it's okay can I go towards the bottom of the list?

Speaking of the West Coast blanket, I think I send it to you, Snowbear. I know you're not feeling well, so I thought I would offer to finish it up with a border, weave in the ends, etc., making it even easier for you to donate. Let me know what you would like for me to do! :heart::heart:

snowbear
07-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Hey all..

jjminarcik- that would be wonderful.. any kind of edging would be fine.

Tests are done for a bit.. I'm to talk to Dr on Tuesday...

Murphy is really getting annoying... I had a flat today.. thank goodness for friends...:thumbsup:

I'm tired.. so going to take meds and try to relax... have a great weekend-

Big Bear hugs

debinoz
07-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I mailed my square this morning!! Can hardly wait to get my hands on the next one as I have nothing OTN right now.

Yarnlady
07-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Great Deb! Mine did not go out yesterday... :shrug: ED didn't get to the post office. Hopefully she will today. If not, Monday for sure!:waving:

HollyP
07-08-2007, 01:52 PM
If we want to get another group together I can start another blanket! Let me know if anyone else wants to do another one.
I would still like to do another just let me know. I'd also be willing to start one. I am extremely flexible!! Someone else posted that they were also interested so I think we only need a couple more people!

misha rf
07-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I would still like to do another just let me know. I'd also be willing to start one. I am extremely flexible!! Someone else posted that they were also interested so I think we only need a couple more people!

MEMEMEMEME!!! :waving::waving::waving:

Suddenly, I feel like Horshack on "Welcome Back Kotter"... :rofl:

snowbear
07-08-2007, 05:17 PM
OK.. this heat is for the devil himself. I tried to knit a bit on a blanket I had started, and couldn't belive how hot I became. I truned the a/c down, and decided I'd rather be cool than eat exotic foods.. like..steak, and settle for ground beef..

I'm so excited to see the log cabin continue.. that looks awesome..

You guys really really rock!

Big bear hugs...

I find out the test results Tuesday.. I'll let you know when I know...

Sanibelle
07-08-2007, 06:33 PM
Here is my update:

I got my square done for the log cabin so that will be in the mail in the AM.

I also got the "regular" blanket started and did 4 inches on it. That is also going in the mail to Doodknitwit in the AM.

larudden
07-08-2007, 10:45 PM
My block for the log cabin went out yesterday. Of course, I forgot to photograph it!

Oh well...................

Yarnlady
07-09-2007, 10:26 AM
It's so nice to see the log cabins winging their way around! Mine didn't get mailed out on when I thought it did, but it was mailed at one of the automated mailing things at the post office yesterday, so I'm assuming it'll be on the road today. :waving: Can't wait till I get one!

HollyP
07-09-2007, 11:25 AM
MEMEMEMEME!!! :waving::waving::waving:

Suddenly, I feel like Horshack on "Welcome Back Kotter"... :rofl:
:rofling: Thanks I was just too lazy yesterday to look back through the posts!

Robinknits
07-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I received the blanket from Larudden today. I'll get started on it tomorrow. Am I the last knitter on this one?

snowbear
07-09-2007, 07:13 PM
Robin.. yes you are.. when you are finished send it my way.. thanks sooo much.

Just received package from misha.. it is beautiful.. The blanket is georgous.

I'd take a pic.. but my cat & the fish tank & camera had an accident.

*glaring at cat again..

It is awesome guys!!!!

thanks soo much

I'll see Dr. tomorrow.

Hugs to all

Yarnlady
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Robin.. yes you are.. when you are finished send it my way.. thanks sooo much.Snowbear, I'll need your address. I think I've sent you an IM and an e-mail asking for it, but am assuming they got lost in cyber space. We'll have five blankets when we're done and each of us needs to mail them on to you.

Please send me an IM or e-mail with your mailing address! Thanks!

snowbear
07-09-2007, 09:43 PM
OK.. sent addy via private message to here....

If you didn't get it let meknow.. I'll resend till it does get there.

Hugs to all...

I'm taking meds so can sleep.. a bit nervous..

Big Bear hugs...

night night:hug:

bobi1218
07-09-2007, 10:36 PM
One of the regular baby blankets arrived over the weekend from snowbear :) I'll get started on it tomorrow!

snowbear
07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm home.
I will live.. I do not have cancer.

ok... main things out of the way.

A bit of history

2 yrs ago I broke off a back tooth eating a jawbreaker..( no lectures please...been there done that, have the t shirt and wore the shirt out)

I went to the dentist.. He lectured, lol, and asked if I wanted to spend $2,000 for a cap.. or just pull it, and smooth it..

Since it was a jaw tooth I said.. pull it, smooth it..and let's go, it being the very very back tooth.. not to worried about it.

*18 months later.

I'm tired, running low grade fevor.. infection showing up in blood.

Start of tests.. antibiotics...

No improvemnt.

Gradually getting tired.. headaches... chills.. etc.

more tests

Lisless... hard to sleep, achey, just no energy.

geting worse.

more tests..

Infection getting more stubborn.. Face swells, saliva duct glad gets clogged....

meds.. pain pills..etc.

Upper & lower gi.. no sign of infection

did a total mri Friday...

nothing

Then.... upon review, a student ( repeat for emphasis) STUDENT, nurse.. not even a student DR! reviewed the MRI....

She saw a lump in my upper jaw. Feeling unimtimadated.. ( her father is a general.. go figure) She went to the Main DR!

He ignored.. or tried to. She refused to leave his office till He looked at what she wanted him to see. She drug him to the MRI viewing place.. ( I'm not doubting an arm hold here)

Pointed out the lump.

He looked... then relooked... then blew it up.. ( the xray not me)

guess what!

The (*&(*^& dentist left 2 pieces of root from that tooth in me! It is soo infected.. they can't remove it untill I undergo IV antibiotics!

They do it Friday.. Saturday am they will surgically remove the pieces of root that the dentist "missed".

Yes I am glad it isn't real serious. But don't even ask how ticked off I am at that dentist. That isn't all... He had his license revoked 1 yr ago. He left the state.. so.. I can't even find him to sue! He had 25 complaints filed against him. He declared bankruptcy..

OK.. I know I'll be ok.. it will take time to heal.. soft foods for awhile.. (great excuse for a malt)

But I want that dentist.. or man... just 5 minutes w/ a baseball bat in a locked room..

I'm sorry, just had to vent. I have to stay at the clinic to take the IV, then the surgery early Sat. (5:00 am) (Dr.s have golf tournament.. seriously... ) but that means I can be home before noon.

I want to humbly thank all of you who have stepped up and ran with this project. It means so much to me.

Thank you for all your thoughts, prayers, kindness, concern, etc.

Words can't express how lucky I feel having friends as you...

Big Bear Hugs... *Really really tight

I'm back on pain meds... so feeling kinda good. I work wed & thur...
should be back at work Monday.

The stitches will dislove, and I have follow up next Thursday.

Thanks again soo much..

:muah::heart::hug:

Shandeh
07-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Sorry and Happy about the tooth.

I'm sorry it's caused so much pain:pout:
But I'm happy that it will be fixed soon!!! :cheering:

ADAllen
07-10-2007, 10:20 PM
:hug:I'm so glad you figured out what it is and that it's going to be taken care of. Sorry you had to go through all of that in the first place, but so glad its no longer a mystery.:hug:

Doodknitwit
07-10-2007, 10:47 PM
another example of the practice of medicine.... Geez Snowbear so much stress and worry you've had... If we can find him I'm up at bat 2nd... :hair:
take care.. we could make a voodoo doll & use our knitting needles :psst:

snowbear
07-10-2007, 11:10 PM
My dear friends..lol Your kind words of encouragement, and suggestions of aid to help in advising the dentist of his mistake, lol Makes me warm....

I'm trying to keep busy.. I'm on high dosages of antiinflamatory, aparently my jaw bone is infected.. thus infected my sinus..etc.

No wonder I've had a sinus/headache for months.

But.. w/ these meds.. I'm in a la la land... Not trying to do too much..

I did finish the blanket that was sent to me.. just ended it & put an edging on it... peacefull. I was doing that when the Dr. came in and made me put away the needles... lol He was worried I'd hurt someone.

He did give that student nurse all the credit for finding it. He was going to order another mri or cat scan next. I'm soo glad she found it. I did get to meet her. and she is going to be a wonderful RN....

She's studying to get her BSN. I'm going to knit her a scarf.. she's to graduate in December and move to Michigan..

She loves blue.. and I am going to knit a Lily Chin reversible cabled scarf. I almost cried when I hugged her.. she was so nice about it.. she did say if I found that guy(dentist) she would help me explain my dissatisfaction w/ his services.lol

Hugs...

debinoz
07-10-2007, 11:40 PM
I am sooo glad that you're going to be okay! I have a horrible fear of dentists but, I'd be happy to have a few minutes alone with THAT one....

misha rf
07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Oh my!! I'm glad they finally figured out what was wrong, and that it can be (relatively) easily fixed. Dental mistakes suck. I ended up with a wicked sinus infection & almost blew out a sinus cavity b/c they poked a hole in it while taking out the wisdom tooth. Nowhere near as uncomfortable as what you're going through, though. Gah! I'd like to take a drill to that "dentist."

Here's hoping you're feeling much better soon!!!!

:hug::hug::hug:

jjminarcik
07-11-2007, 12:58 AM
:hug::hug: to Snowbear!! I'm so glad you found out what was wrong! You are in my prayers and I wish for a speedy recovery!

So guess what. . . the West Coast Baby Blanket is DONE!!! :cheering: I finished it up this morning, added a border, wove in the ends, and threw it in the wash. Boy, is it soft! Even DH :heart: it! I'm going to send it to Snowbear for her to donate. . .(BTW, Snowbear can you PM me your address?? I can't seem to find it. . . )

Now I'm ready for the next one - or whenever it's my turn. This was really fun! Thanks for organizing this, Snowbear, and to everyone who has volunteered to knit on these.

PS - I'll put up pics tomorrow!

Yarnlady
07-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Hey, Log Cabiners! :waving: What's your status? Mine was mailed out on Sunday through one of those automatic mail machines, so I'm assuming it really went out in Monday's mail.

Is this info correct? Deb's went out on Saturday. Leslie's went out on Sunday. Lynn, Melissa, did yours go out on Monday, too? Anyone receive one yet? The waiting is the worst part!:teehee:

debinoz
07-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Mine did indeed go out on Saturday. The nice lady at the post office said it would be 5-7 days. I'm almost afraid to leave my house... 'cause I'll miss it!!! I do have the tracking/delivery confirmation # I could try, but she said to give it a few days.

ETA: According to the usps website, my package was delivered Monday, the 9th at 12:43 pm. ????

Robinknits
07-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Another one is done! I finished it last night and put it in the wash this morning. I'll get it mailed back to Snowbear this afternoon. Here's a pic.

Doodknitwit
07-11-2007, 01:29 PM
pretty!!

Shandeh
07-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I love it!! :inlove:

lissalue
07-11-2007, 01:52 PM
MIne did not go out Monday :oops: Sorry. I had some issues with reading the original email, and i didn't make it big enough, but i will make sure i get it in the mail tomorrow. I am really sorry.:pout:

Snowbear, I am so glad that it isn't more serious, but sorry that you have to go through surgery Saturday. Do you need anything? :hug:

HollyP
07-11-2007, 03:26 PM
What a relief Snowbear!! :woohoo:I am so glad they found the problem and were able to correct it! Hopefully you'll be feeling much better soon!:hug:

The blanket looks great! I can't believe that is the same blanket that was here just a few weeks ago. I love it! :inlove:

snowbear
07-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the thoughts..

I'll be fine... I'm on pain meds.. and tomorrowafterrnoon I go to clinic for IV antibiotics.. had 1st session today.

I am so excited about the blankets.. I can't wait! You guys have been my anchor...

Big Bear Hugs

Sanibelle
07-11-2007, 10:08 PM
Oh Snowbear - I am so happy for you. I think the not knowing sometimes is the worst part.

Sanibelle
07-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey, Log Cabiners! :waving: What's your status? Mine was mailed out on Sunday through one of those automatic mail machines, so I'm assuming it really went out in Monday's mail.

Is this info correct? Deb's went out on Saturday. Leslie's went out on Sunday. Lynn, Melissa, did yours go out on Monday, too? Anyone receive one yet? The waiting is the worst part!:teehee:

Mine went out on Monday and I got the 1st square in the mail on Monday too. I have finished that one as well and I will be sending it on in the AM.

I just want to give you all heads up. I have to have major surgery next week - VERY UNEXPECTED. I will be in the hospital for a number of days but once I get home knitting is probably one of the few things I will be able to do as I will be off work for about 6 weeks. So bear with me next week....

snowbear
07-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Sanibelle,

What can I do to help? Is it serious.. well duh. any major surgery is serious... I can do anything after Saturday... ( I have a feeling I'll be a bit doopier than normal) But, I can' help do anything after that.

Please.. You guys helped me when I couldn't so just let me know what I can do to help you..

Sanibelle, keep us posted, we care about you... You're our anchor... big Big Big Bear hugs.. * gently of course*

:hug::pray:

debinoz
07-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Ohh, Sanibelle, I hope everything goes okay for you! Don't worry about the blankets... you'll have 6 weeks of recovery to knit through!! ::HUGS::

larudden
07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
But.. w/ these meds.. I'm in a la la land....

I LOVE that place!:lol:

jjminarcik
07-12-2007, 02:08 AM
Sanibelle - My :pray: are with you! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! :hug: :hug: :hug:

As promised, here are photos of the FINISHED West Coast Blanket (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1179/783912578_933cff9f2b.jpg?v=0)! Snowbear, I will get in the mail to you either tomorrow or Friday.

Shandeh
07-12-2007, 02:31 AM
I LOVE the West Coast Blanket! It's so bright and colorful and HAPPY! :) :hug:

Yarnlady
07-12-2007, 08:48 AM
Mine went out on Monday and I got the 1st square in the mail on Monday too. I have finished that one as well and I will be sending it on in the AM.
Wow! You've been busy! :star::star::star:

I just want to give you all heads up. I have to have major surgery next week - VERY UNEXPECTED. So sorry to hear this. Hope all works out well. Just let us know if you feel you need to be taken out of the rotation for awhile. It's not a big deal for any of us to do an extra sections and we don't want you to do anything except those things that help you knit yourself back together again! ;-)

snowbear
07-12-2007, 02:08 PM
The Blankets are soo pretty.. I know the hospital will drool!

I had my first session of IV drugs... and am back home... tomorrow night I'm to stay there and have the surgery then come home

Hopefuly I'll have access to a computer so I don't go nuts.. I can take my knitting.. but was told couldn't take it into surgery... ( duh...) I stated I realized that..lol:roflhard:

I may be good.. but gezz not that good!

Hugs to all

misha rf
07-12-2007, 03:41 PM
The West Coast blankie is so pretty!!

Sanibelle, I hope your surgery goes well & that you're feeling better soon!! :hug:

Lala land is one of my favorite places, too. I got to spend some time there after having my gall bladder out last year. It was nice. :rofling:

Yarnlady
07-12-2007, 06:07 PM
:happydance: Leslie, received your blanket piece today in the mail! I'm heading upstairs to the AC room to begin work on it! I'm so excited!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/misc039.jpg

Yarnlady
07-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Got my section done on the log cabin I received yesterday. It's winging it's way to Debi as of about two hours ago.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v478/SamplerLady/misc040_edited.jpg

snowbear
07-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey...

I'm home.. doing ok.. glad it's over...

Last night my surgeon came in while I was knitting on a baby blanket... and asked what etc.. I explained for the children's hospital... He gave me a $50.00 bill to buy more yarn for more blankets.. Yes I cried, and have off & on..

Surgery lasted 15 min.. recover about 30-45... then rested,, rode home.. I've slept...

getting ready to drink some fluids. and go back to bed.

But the worse is over.. it's just recovery.. I tried to knit they tell me.. and had to take away the iv tube, lol I was trying to wrap it into a ball..

Take care all,, talk to you when I'm making more sense... thanks for your encouraging words

Robinknits
07-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Glad everything went ok. How sweet that the Dr. gave you $ for more yarn. Get well soon and get back to knitting!

Yarnlady
07-14-2007, 03:21 PM
He gave me a $50.00 bill to buy more yarn for more blankets.. :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Tell him we all appreciate him!

:waving: Glad you're recovering! Remember, rest is requisite to recovery!

Shandeh
07-14-2007, 03:43 PM
What a blessing, Snowbear! :cheering:

HollyP
07-14-2007, 09:54 PM
:muah::muah:Snowbear's Doctor! That was so sweet of him! Glad to hear everything went well. Get plenty of rest and relaxation!! You definitely deserve it after all you've been through!

misha rf
07-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Snowbear, I'm glad it went well!! And how sweet is your doctor?!

I'm still giggling about you trying to wind the iv tube... :teehee:

bobi1218
07-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Wow, what a great doctor! And I'm glad you're feeling better, snowbear :)

I just finished my part of the blanket a few seconds ago - I'll take pics tomorrow after my camera recharges overnight. Snowbear, I'm PM'ing you now to find out the next address to send it to, and mail it out on Monday :happydance:

bobi1218
07-15-2007, 08:35 AM
As promised, a picture of the baby blanket :) I used Caron Simply Soft in Country Blue, and did a simple YO, K2Tog repeat every 5th row. I think I like the result, and I really like how the blue compliments the pink that Snowbear started with. Hope you guys like it!!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/rpultorak/DSC02439.jpg

ADAllen
07-15-2007, 10:28 AM
that's pretty! It's really starting great.

snowbear
07-15-2007, 10:46 AM
That is sooo pretty... You guys are just awesome!

These blankets are works of love & art!:hug: