PDA

View Full Version : Just a tiny little treat for Harry Potter fans :)

Aquaria
05-25-2007, 11:23 PM
I happened to find this knitted HP bookmark pattern while browsing some ramdom patterns on the internet, I think it looks nice and would be a quick little project for all the HP fans in KH, so I decided to share this, partly to celebrate the publishing of the last book of the series and partly for all the KH fans (including me:teehee:)

Here it is, hope you guys like it:
http://knittingwithlaura.blog-city.com/harry_potter_bookscarf_pattern.htm

Chrissie
05-26-2007, 08:47 AM
That's super cute! I'll have to make one for my mom and for me! :heart:

Aquaria
05-26-2007, 01:22 PM
That's super cute! I'll have to make one for my mom and for me! :heart:

Glad you liked it!:thumbsup:

miles
05-26-2007, 03:50 PM
that's so cute, I'll definitely be tryin that one to use in the new book coming! I'm so excited about it..:)

1knittychick
05-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Aquaria, have you knitted this pattern? Do you have to knit in the round or could you use dpns (same size as pattern)? Since I still consider myself a beginner I don't understand why in the round? Any help is always appreciated!

pandaca
05-26-2007, 08:02 PM
That is so cute! I can't wait to make it just in time for book 7!

Aquaria
05-27-2007, 01:01 AM
that's so cute, I'll definitely be tryin that one to use in the new book coming! I'm so excited about it..:grin:

That is so cute! I can't wait to make it just in time for book 7!

I'm glad you guys liked it :) Yeah, I was thinking about the 7th book that's coming up so I thought some people like me might like a little HP bookmark while they're going through the last book of the series :teehee:

Maybe we should have a knit-along of this bookmark and at the same time a read-along of "The Deathly Hallows" :rofling:

Aquaria, have you knitted this pattern? Do you have to knit in the round or could you use dpns (same size as pattern)? Since I still consider myself a beginner I don't understand why in the round? Any help is always appreciated!

I haven't tried this pattern, but would only if I had the nice crimson-coloured yarn... But I think I can still answer your question.
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but the pattern has to be done by knitting in the round(like making a tube and then flatten it out) because it is made entirely of stockinette stitch, by knitting in the round you prevent the fabric from curling up like mad. The pattern also says that you can either knit two pieces of fabric and then seam them together(if you are better at seaming), or knit the pattern in 1*1 rib(would have a similar effect). And yes you can use dpns, the pattern actually says to use dpns to knit in the round, but you can also use magic-loops, etc. as long as you get the same good result.:)

Hope this helps, good luck!:thumbsup:

---------UPDATE--------

Oh look! Here is a gallery of the knitted bookmarks other knitters have made, maybe some of you wanna check this out:
http://knittingwithlaura.blog-city.com/bookscarf_gallery.htm

Shandeh
05-27-2007, 02:56 AM
I love it! :heart:

DreamWeaver
05-27-2007, 03:09 AM
That's super cute :heart:

sarahlilly
05-27-2007, 03:42 AM
I got myself a copy of Charmed Knits also and the bookmarks are in there (for all the houses at Hogwarts). I think it's really cute and I'm going to make several of them for various HP fans. I know lots of people who would love it.

misstialouise
05-27-2007, 06:40 AM
that's so cute, I'll definitely be tryin that one to use in the new book coming! I'm so excited about it..:)

You plan on putting it down? ;)

Shandeh
05-27-2007, 07:36 PM
:teehee:

mks22300
05-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Those are really cute. I know some people (myself included) who would like one of those. I've never worked on such small needles though.

Shandeh
05-28-2007, 11:52 AM
I'll join the KAL! :hug:

Aquaria
05-28-2007, 08:28 PM
I'd love to join the KAL, but I don't have the supplies:think:

But I can do a read-along when the final book comes out!:cheering:

segundoloteian
05-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Oooh KAL! I'd totally be up for one, but maybe more options than just a bookmark--Misstialouise captured my sentiments exactly:

You plan on putting it down? ;)

Hopefully between all of us we can come up with something good.

Shandeh
05-29-2007, 10:58 PM
I just started a KAL thread for us!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=866327#post866327