PDA

View Full Version : KP Shine Worsted #$&)&)#$&(*

Mommy22alyns
05-26-2007, 04:00 PM
I've found almost all of the skeins I've used to be very poorly wound. I get partway through and suddenly it's a knotted mess. I pretty much had to trash an entire skein of it between my frogging and trying to detangle the rest of it. I had the right idea to wind it up in a new ball, but I just could not free the giant mess in the middle.

Has anyone else encountered this with KP yarn? Maybe I just got a bad batch? I'm dreading CO again now. :help:

threesmom
05-26-2007, 04:17 PM
Ooo - how frustrating!! I haven't had that problem with their yarns, but I haven't used Shine. Maybe you should contact their customer service? From what folks say here, they appear to be pretty good in that department. I'm going to have to contact them too - my size 6 needle from my options doesn't fit the cables ... it's way loose. Good luck!

SabrinaJL
05-26-2007, 08:33 PM
That's weird. I knit a scarf out of shine worsted and I used 8 balls (I think). I rewound them all and never ran into a problem.

losnana
05-26-2007, 08:38 PM
I 'm in the middle of a sweater with Shine worsted, and have used about 6 ball so far. I haven't had any problem either. so far, I've only had one problem spot, which I just cut out. It was frayed for about 1/2 inch. Sorry you had such a problem.

Krystal
05-26-2007, 08:40 PM
I had that issue with every ball of my shine sport. Some balls only had a couple knots. BAD ones tho. One ball was so knotty I just tossed that aside hoping I won't need it.

I haven't had the worsted yet, but I find that the sport balls are so loose and small, and the band that goes around it barely stays on it's so loose. So after some movement and use the whole ball tends to just fall apart. I don't have a ball winder so I am stuck.

1knittychick
05-26-2007, 09:12 PM
:frog:I'm sorry. Call their CSR.