PDA

View Full Version : I organized my yarn stash today!

Quiltlady
05-26-2007, 05:40 PM
My yarn was outgrowing my sewing/craft room.:oo: So I went to Walmart and bought two "sweater organizers" for only $13.00 each. They have six shelves and they hang right up on the pole in the closet. I LOVE them. I wish I thought of buying them sooner.

I have removed the doors to that closet in my craft room so I can have easy access to what's in there. I have some quilt tops folded on hangers and then some of my yarn stash stored on these organizers...looks pretty nice if I do say so myself.:cheering:

Doodknitwit
05-26-2007, 05:54 PM
cool I hope yours so not fall from too much weight.. mine did

MiaZilla
05-26-2007, 07:06 PM
That sounds like a great way to store yarn! Can we have some organized yarn pr0n pics please? :)

ArtLady1981
05-27-2007, 02:56 PM
I think I know what you mean! I purchased four of them...I hung them four abreast in my art-room closet that also is without doors!...and I store my knitted sweaters in them! But what a neat idea...using them to store your stash yarn! :thumbsup:

The key to strength...the hangers and top framework. Mine have two hangers per garment bag...with a square steel frame at the top.

I can post a photo if anyone is interested.

Jan in CA
05-27-2007, 04:46 PM
That's a great idea if you have extra closet room!

Braden
05-27-2007, 06:32 PM
That's a great idea, but I have no extra space in my closet.

PinkRoses
05-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Artlady, I would love to see a photo. :happydancing:

snowbear
05-28-2007, 12:46 AM
That would be great.. but.. my cat would climb them & or sleep on them or swipe my yarn and string it all over my house. She just can't resist yarn.

But then again.. who can blame her?

lol

ArtLady1981
05-28-2007, 05:13 AM
Hi Pink Roses!

Here are the photos that you requested!

The first photo shows the 4 units all together. Some sweaters are missing...being washed and air dried for next winter.

The next photo shows the wire framing at the top of the unit...that gives it stability for hanging.

The last photo shows how the units suspend from the "closet bar".

I can get away with this sweater storage because #1) I don't have cats and #2) the room is an art storage/art studio. I have artwork frames in the closet on the floor...so the closet rod is free. I am sure I purchased these units at Fred Meyer.

melissa.atkins
05-28-2007, 12:31 PM
That looks great... I have had to use big clear totes for my yarn, because I dont have enough closet space and my cats would find a way in to play with the yarn... :S