PDA

View Full Version : Shawl-a-long

carmabelle1191
05-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Anyone working on a shawl or is thinking about starting one? :waving: I'm starting Kiri (http://www.alltangledup.com/movabletype/my_images/my_patterns/kiri.pdf) in some Jaggerspun Zephyr color Sage. It's going to be for my mom.
Join in!

oneyarn
05-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I just started Alix's Lace Prayer Shawl. I am using STR yarn color Lucy. I really like the way the colors are looking with this pattern.

It is fun to be knitting something else besides socks with the yarn and the pattern said I just needed 1 skein to do a shoulder shawl.

But I am wondering just how many repeats of the pattern I do before starting my bottom edge. Does anyone have any idea?

I am using a life line after each pattern repeat in case I go to far and have to back out, so I can get my edge on.

bellium
05-26-2007, 08:51 PM
i just started tri-aran-angle from knitty - going to give it to my mother as a christmas gift, so i wanted to give myself a BIG head-start!

Phaedra
05-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I just started the Little Arrowhead Shawl - free pattern from the Interweave Knits website. The pattern calls for 260yds of a silk lace yarn, but I'm using Koigu KPPPM in 2 colorways; I'm gonna alternate the skeins - 4 total. And this is for me.

carmabelle1191
05-27-2007, 12:24 AM
Yay! I am trying to figure out how to make the Kiri shawl into a rectangle instead of a triangle. I think I'm just going to use the lace pattern repeat that they provide, but I'm not sure about how many stitches to cast on. I guess I'll just have to take a guess and wing it.

Phaedra
05-28-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm really interested in lace at the moment.
Besides the Little Arrowhead shawl, I'm still working on Convertible from Knitty.com, using BMFA Bambu in the Obsidian colorway. I'm also working on Kiri, using handpaintedyarns.com laceweight; the Fircone wrap from wendyknits.com, also in HPY laceweight; and the Falling Water Lace scarf in Knit Picks Shadow - Oregon Cost.
So far, I've made an Icarus shawl and the Shetland Triangle Shawl, both as gifts.
But I'm determined to finished the Convertible-----I bought the yarn at last years Stitches East, and told myself that this year I couldn't buy any more yarn from BMFA unless I used what I bought before.
Oh yeah, right! :lol:

carmabelle1191
05-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Progress!
First, I attempted to change Kiri from a triangle to a rectangle. After ten or so rows, I realized that wasn't going to work and that all it was looking like was holes. Then I started another lace pattern that looked somewhat like Kiri, but I was doing that when I was watching TV and it didn't work out. After that, I realized that I didn't really like the stitch pattern that I was using. I leafed through a borrowed issue of VK spring/summer '05, and found a great stitch that I liked a lot more than what I had been doing.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/518947862_7a44b19207.jpg
That's after a repeat and a few rows. I really like it so far, and it's going to be airy and light because of the lace weight on size 7 needles.

Arielluria
05-29-2007, 09:02 AM
I'm almost finished with my Sun Ray Shawl (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=53185)
http://www.elann.com/images/image1/sunray3.jpg

lostchyld
05-29-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm in the middle of Garden Path (http://elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=126024) from Elann.com. It's very fun because no two rows are the same. I can't tell you how much TINKing I've done to get to where I am.

I'm working with Caron Simply Soft yarn. It's not my first choice, but I needed to have a project to work on or risk insanity and that's what I could afford. I'm to the point of not really caring how the end product looks, so I'm going to switch to lime green when this skein runs out and if I have to, I'll pick a third colour for the edge.

Would it be possible for everyone to provide links to their patterns? It would be nice to see the sample images.

Cheers.

-Caet

Yarn Doc
05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm working on the Flower Basket Shawl from Fall 04 Interweave. It's been slow-going, probably because it's my very first lace project ever. I'm doing it in Fleece Artist basic merino sock yarn, which is a between a fingering and sport weight. The pattern calls for 2 strands of laceweight held together, and I figured this was pretty close. And easier than trying to wrestle with tangled up laceweight.

Markette
05-29-2007, 11:14 AM
I'm working on the Lily of the Valley shawl from a back issue of Knitters in Jaggerspun Zephyr, daffodil color. It's a triangular shawl, and you start with one of the side borders and then pick up stitches and knit the body and top and side borders at the same time. I was a little worried after knitting the border, because it was longer than I was tall, but once I picked up the stitches it pulled differently and shrank considerably. It's still going to be a large piece, though.

Now I'm firmly in the land of nupps, but thanks to my new Addi lace needle that I picked up during a sale at a LYS yesterday, they're moving along just fine. The point is about the same sharpness as the Options needles (yet for some reason doesn't try to split the yarn like the Options needle I was using did), but the taper is longer and there's a narrow bit at the tip that makes knitting 5 together no more trouble than knitting two together.

My husband is taking classes in the evenings for the next six weeks or so, and I started this project so I'd have a chance to learn lace with no distractions, and I'm starting to think I might actually finish before he's done!

carmabelle1191
05-29-2007, 02:05 PM
The lace Addis sounds really nice. Right now I'm just using my Options, and they are working out well but it can be hard to get the stitches onto the needle and once I go to knit them, they slide off. This happens a lot though because I'm a tight knitter.
I have currently been struggling with the smae row for over an hour now, because I miscounted and had to undo and then decrease and somehow I got lost. Right now I have the right number of stitches, and the mistakes shouldn't be too noticable, though I'm hoping that I can even them out when blocking.

dustinac
05-29-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm working on the Estonian Garden Wrap (http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/patterns/S2009.html)from Fiber Trends.. I am almost done..:woot:then I'm going to start the Civil War Shawl KAL (http://civilwarshawlkal.blogspot.com/)... also have the Romance Wrap on needles too.. I finished up the swallow tail shawl last month... I'm really into knitting lace right now... I gotta get into wearing shawls...:teehee:

carmabelle1191
05-29-2007, 07:34 PM
I think I need to start wearing shawls too (or at least find someone else who does):think:. Now that I've started my first one, I understand that they are ADDICTIVE and now I'm bookmarking patterns like there's no tomorrow.:teehee:

MCD
05-29-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm working on the Candle Flame Shawl, free pattern from knitpicks http://www.knitpicks.com/Candle+Flame+Shawl_PD50465220.html. I'm using their Shimmer Yarn in Deep Woods. It's for my mom. I was hoping to have it done by Mother's Day(that would be this year) but I guess 1 month wasn't enough time :doh: It's my first attempt at a lace project, although the pattern is technically not lace I've been told because there isn't a pattern in every row - whatever :rollseyes:.

bluepeninsula
05-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm working on three lace shawls! Crazy, I know. One is with worsted weight cotton/silk and is zipping along. Last night I reached 30 inches on it, and since I would like it to be 60-65 preblocking, it's about half done.

The other two are with laceweight and will probably take a long time, since I'm knitting other things, too. One is Donna Druchunas's Arctic Diamonds Stole from Interweave Knits (fall or winter 06, I think). I'm closing in on the halfway point with that one.

The third shawl is a circular shawl I'm designing myself, using EZ's basic Pi shawl plan. I'm using an indigo blue Zephyr for it. I love the fact that there's no purling since it's knit in the round!

Pics of them at various stages are on my blog (scroll down). I'll probably post more up-to-date pics next weekend.

carmabelle1191
05-30-2007, 04:32 PM
I love your snowdrop lace shawl! It's really pretty.
I worked on my shawl yesterday, and am in the middle of the fifth repeat. I probably won't be able to knit at all today, because I have a school concert, but I'm hoping to get something done tomorrow or Friday.

Arielluria
05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm working on the Estonian Garden Wrap (http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/patterns/S2009.html)from Fiber Trends.. I am almost done..:woot:then I'm going to start the Civil War Shawl KAL (http://civilwarshawlkal.blogspot.com/)... also have the Romance Wrap on needles too.. I finished up the swallow tail shawl last month... I'm really into knitting lace right now... I gotta get into wearing shawls...:teehee:That Civil War Shawl is amazing! When I get a little more time to look at the link I may just make it for myself. I believe I will need to find NEW places to go just to wear my shawl(s) :rofl:
:flirt:

oneyarn
05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Caet,

You asked about links to everyone's pattern--Here's the one I am working on--Alix’s Lace Prayer Shawl

http://www.debbiemacomber.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&pageID=21

dustinac
05-30-2007, 08:05 PM
That Civil War Shawl is amazing! When I get a little more time to look at the link I may just make it for myself. I believe I will need to find NEW places to go just to wear my shawl(s) :rofl:

I know.. I sent it to my mom with look at this and then before I knew it we were both making one.. the ones they have completed on the yahoo group are :passedout:...

I will need to find a new place too.. being a SAHM of 2 I don't really get the chance to wear shawls.. or go to anything that you would.. told dh the other day I'll just bring them into style at the grocery store and school... :teehee:

bluepeninsula~ I love that snow drop too so pretty!!

Have you guys seen Knitspot's (http://www.knitspot.com/)patterns? They are so pretty.. I have a few that I want to make soon... you gotta scroll down a pretty good ways to find the links on her site...

susi
05-31-2007, 02:13 AM
i am going to do this for my mum's birthday (head start as its in december). its my first attempt at lace, but i like a chalange.

trouble is i need to find yarn to go with it. no idea what i need etc as can't find it on the website (could have been one of those days when i looked last night as i was having one of those days lol)

http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/TripleLarge.html

susi

catownedanna
05-31-2007, 02:50 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jag har stickat 45 rader nu" = "I've knit 45 rows now"
_____

Day before yesterday I started knitting the Diamond Fantasy Shawl (http://siviaharding.com/Diamonds2.html) in Helen's Lace (colour Jeans). I've knit the 35 rows of start up and then 10 out of the 20 rows that are then repeated 'til the end. I like the look and feel of it so far!

Had a hard time yesterday though when banging my head against the wall because of my inability to count properly. I had to go back to lifelines twice and also fudged three yarn overs that I had missed when moving my stitch markers... :sigh:

Hope it gets better when I learn the pattern and can read my lace.

I'm thinking that this shawl might be a birthday gift for my mother. Or maybe a Christmas gift? :shrug:

DianaM
05-31-2007, 01:01 PM
What would be a good pattern for someone who's never done lace in her life but is interested in learning?

KathyinCali
05-31-2007, 04:28 PM
What would be a good pattern for someone who's never done lace in her life but is interested in learning?

I'm pretty go forward on most things I want to knit but with lace, I've taken advice from a couple of posters on the forum and I'm doing dishcloths. As much as I'd like to run head long into a beautiful lace shawl, I know myself and would give up on it if I don't have at least the basics down... :wall:

Everyone's projects are so beautiful!!!

Arielluria
05-31-2007, 05:20 PM
What would be a good pattern for someone who's never done lace in her life but is interested in learning?The Sun Ray Shawl (link below on my sig) is my first attempt ever at lace and I found it very interesting and easy to do.

Please post there if you are going to do it, I would love to see all the different colors, some are already posted there. I found picking the color (as you will see by the posts) was the hardest thing for me to do.

Having an issue with bindoff now, but only because the directions don't match the picture.

Arielluria
05-31-2007, 07:08 PM
I thought (for my warm climate) it might be nice to make a shawl in Peaches & Cream cotton. Has anyone done that? Taken a regular pattern and done in cotton? If so, how did you like the way it turned out?

dustinac
05-31-2007, 08:55 PM
I knitted Cozy (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTcozy.html)in Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece.. it turned out nice I was kinda worried about it.. a little heavier than I thought.. but I made it for an older friend to wrap in and not get to hot...

Cozy (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall04/PATTcozy.html)was my first lace I think.. It was very simple to do and didn't have any problems with it.. turned out pretty than the pictures on knitty show...:thumbsup:

carmabelle1191
05-31-2007, 09:37 PM
What would be a good pattern for someone who's never done lace in her life but is interested in learning?Lace is actually easier than you think. I was:hiding:from lace for a while, until I actually started something and realized that all you have to do is a little counting with a few glances at the pattern or chart. It would probably be easier to attempt lace in one straight rectangle first though as there are no increases to add to the lace that make it more confusing. (It doesn't have to be a dishcloth, keep in mind.)

earthchick
06-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Oooh, I'm in! I am currently knitting the Shoulder Shawl in Syrian Pattern from Victorian Lace Today, in KP Shimmer (Turquoise Splendor). I'm really excited about how it's turning out so far!

Catownedanna - I really really want to do the Diamond Fantasy Shawl next, possibly for a black tie wedding I am in this November. I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

earthchick
06-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Okay, I'm trying to figure out how to post pics on this new board....

Oof, just discovered my files are too big now. Will try again later.:thumbsup:

dustinac
06-02-2007, 03:15 PM
:woot:The Estonian Garden Wrap is done.. will block today and hopefully have pictures tomorrow...:woot:

MRSJC2
06-02-2007, 03:58 PM
I am really taken with the Butterfly Shawl pattern and would love to hear from any others who have knit this successfully. The yarn called for is somewhat beyond my "yarn budget" at the moment and I'm hoping someone can recommend a less expensive (read cheaper :lol: ) substitute.

I have never knit a shawl before, my experience has mainly been blankets/afghans, scarfs, and 1/2 dozen or so aran sweaters.

I've recently started knitting with a group of ladies one or two nights a week and was pleased to realize that it's quite normal to have a number of projects on the go - at present, cotton dischcloths, an aran sweater, the Irish Hiking Scarf and soon the shawl :grin:

carmabelle1191
06-03-2007, 09:48 AM
Oof, just discovered my files are too big now. Will try again later.:thumbsup:
My files are always "too big", so I have an account on flickr and get the url from there.
:woot:The Estonian Garden Wrap is done.. will block today and hopefully have pictures tomorrow...:woot:
Yes, pics please! I can't wait!
I thought (for my warm climate) it might be nice to make a shawl in Peaches & Cream cotton. Has anyone done that? Taken a regular pattern and done in cotton? If so, how did you like the way it turned out?
I haven't made much from 100% cotton but I did make a dishcloth that didn't block well, and that doesn't seem to convenient for a shawl because the lace ones always need to be blocked. Just my two cents.

Arielluria
06-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Good point. Thanks!

Arielluria
06-03-2007, 10:45 AM
[quote=carmabelle1191;869920]My files are always "too big", so I have an account on flickr and get the url from there.

Your Flickr pics won't show up unless you edit the URL.........is it OK for me to share how??????? I don't know.............
:whistle:
Here's an example from My Flickr album (http://www.flickr.com/photos/arielluria/);)

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/191/502505611_0a23b78039.jpg

dustinac
06-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I posted some photos of the Estonian (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=870175#post870175) here.. but I'll put a different one up on this post...:happydancing:

dustinac
06-03-2007, 05:44 PM
I am really taken with the Butterfly Shawl pattern and would love to hear from any others who have knit this successfully. The yarn called for is somewhat beyond my "yarn budget" at the moment and I'm hoping someone can recommend a less expensive (read cheaper :lol: ) substitute.

I've recently started knitting with a group of ladies one or two nights a week and was pleased to realize that it's quite normal to have a number of projects on the go - at present, cotton dischcloths, an aran sweater, the Irish Hiking Scarf and soon the shawl :grin:

I tried to google the shawl but couldn't find any photos.. to see what yarn they used.. I don't have the book but the patterns I did find were very pretty so I added it to my wish list on Amazon :teehee:.. can you tell us what yarn it calls for? Usually with a wrap/shawl it is pretty easy to change the yarn...

LOL my new Year's resolution was one main project.. one small project for the car.. umm yeah my sig below tells ya what all is on my needles..:rofling:

carmabelle1191
06-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Arielluria, your dog is the cutest! And of course, I love the socks.;) It seems to work now, if it didn't before. I forgot to mention that you have to put img quotes around them. Sorry!
Dustinac, I love the color of your shawl, and the lace looks perfect! Great job!:cheering:

MRSJC2
06-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Dustinac, the yarn called for is Tahki Cotton Classic - 18 skeins of it, the gauge is 20 sts/24 rows = 4". I was leaning toward Cotlin from Knitpicks but am open to any suggestions.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the book, there are some lovely shawls to choose from.

dustinac
06-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Dustinac, the yarn called for is Tahki Cotton Classic - 18 skeins of it, the gauge is 20 sts/24 rows = 4". I was leaning toward Cotlin from Knitpicks but am open to any suggestions.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the book, there are some lovely shawls to choose from.

That would work.. I've never tried it before.. I have used the shine and it works up really pretty too.. so does Brown Sheep's Cotton Fleece but it is more pricey... elann.com has some good cotton's .. and littleknits.com.. I'm using breeze by Crystal Palace on a tank right now and like it.. used Sonato from elann's to make my little girl a tank and it worked up well too..:teehee:
Can't wait to see what you chose :thumbsup:

Arielluria
06-04-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm finished :woohoo:
This is my first time really blocking anything important, especially a shawl.

Any suggestions or tips?
See (KAL Sun Ray Shawl) link in my sig below if interested.

Ayla
06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
was wondering if it is still not too late for me to join.. I was hoping that I could still join and I thought about knitting the
PERUVIAN CUZCO WRAP from elann. any thoughts??

carmabelle1191
06-04-2007, 06:11 PM
was wondering if it is still not too late for me to join.. I was hoping that I could still join and I thought about knitting the
PERUVIAN CUZCO WRAP from elann. any thoughts??

You can join at any time! :cheering:This knit along is still realtively new. I haven't seen the Peruvian Cuzco Wrap yet. Do you have a link?
This is my first time really blocking anything important, especially a shawl.

Any suggestions or tips?
ContiKnitter pointed me inthe direction of this great site (http://www.knitpicks.com/images/pdf/laceblocking.pdf) from Knit Picks explaning all the ins and outs on blocking lace. Hope that helps! Maybe other people could give you some tips as well.

Arielluria
06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
ContiKnitter pointed me inthe direction of this great site (http://www.knitpicks.com/images/pdf/laceblocking.pdf) from Knit Picks explaning all the ins and outs on blocking lace. Hope that helps! Maybe other people could give you some tips as well.

Thanks to you BOTH, you posted that just in time for me to block my first lacey shawl!
:woohoo:

carmabelle1191
06-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Be sure to post pictures when you're done!

Arielluria
06-04-2007, 06:43 PM
Here it is unblocked, I posted it at the Sun Ray Shawl KAL link (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?p=870643#post870643):

jeanius80
06-04-2007, 08:59 PM
i just cast-on a simple shawl (same one being used for the charity shawls). i am using some mystery yarn i bought from another knitter here. its 3 strands (not plyed) one a royal blue, one a royal blue boucle, and the other is a yellow/baby blue/royal blue. i am carrying a gold thread to add sparkle! all on 10.5's

PaperGirl
06-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Hee hee...thats what Im doing too. Im going to do the simple charity shawl pattern in that yummy yummy yarn I got from anieepooh in the last yarn swap.

jeanius80
06-04-2007, 09:47 PM
i love how simple it is! it really lets the yarn shine! plus its easy to remember and knits quick. (i do admit though, its been sitting forlornly at the bottom of my knitting bag :pout: )

Arielluria
06-04-2007, 11:10 PM
What's the link to that simple shawl?

jeanius80
06-04-2007, 11:21 PM
What's the link to that simple shawl?
this is the post with the patterns : simple shawl (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showpost.php?p=833702&postcount=16)
and if you go to this blog (http://oddballshawls.blogspot.com/), you can see some of the beginings of the shawls

Arielluria
06-05-2007, 10:30 AM
Thanks! I was looking for a quick, easy shawl to make for Christmas presents.

PaperGirl
06-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Its fast! DH was watching me last night, and he was like...WHOA...when he saw how fast the first few inches came out....then I told him, wait till I get to the circs...its will take a while longer.

Arielluria
06-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Oooooooooh, I just found this Beech Leaf Shawl (http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/Beech_Shawl_Large.html), it's gorgeous! I may have to make that!

kellycarr05
06-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Here's mine. I call it "Pretty in Pink" I started it a week ago and it's for a lady at church. FO will have pink fun fur trim!!!:cheering::happydance:

dustinac
06-06-2007, 01:25 PM
:happydancing:Kelly that is very pretty.. love the pinks!!!

:woot:Arielluria love the color of your shawl it turned out very pretty!!

Civil war shawl is coming a long.. I finally got it off of dpns.. it is tight going around the 24" circ but easier to manage and keep track of all the sts.. so far pretty easy knit.. :blooby:

carmabelle1191
06-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Oooooooooh, I just found this Beech Leaf Shawl (http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/Beech_Shawl_Large.html), it's gorgeous! I may have to make that!
That is gorgeous! The pattern is a tad expensive though.
kellycarr05, I love the colors that you used, and I can't believe that you knit that in a week.!:notworthy:

Arielluria
06-06-2007, 03:28 PM
OK, maybe this is too much to ask for, but I would love a lacey shawl pattern for a large needle and chunky fabric which would make it a quick knit for gifts.

Any ideas???????????????

kellycarr05
06-06-2007, 04:41 PM
carmabelle1191 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/member.php?u=16224)
I think the picture is deceiving. I have a ways to go still.....that is only the bottom 9 inches maybe. I am a slow knitter...but thanks for the compliment anyways.Its the easiest shawl I have done and the pattern is free. Just check out the oddball shawl under charities section and you can get the pattern.:happydance:

cookworm
06-06-2007, 05:24 PM

The feather and fan/"Old Shale" (http://knittersreview.com/images/ff_scarf.jpg) stitch pattern is very easy--only one row to really pay strict attention to :happydance:, and it's only a four row repeat. If you wanted to knit a dishcloth using this pattern or a rectangular shawl, I think it would make a great first lace project. One very helpful tip I received with regards to knitting lace is to place markers between the repeats, and to count the stitches within each repeat after you work it to make sure it's correct, that way, you'll know immediately if you made a mistake (and where that mistake is).

Here's the pattern--you need to do this in multiples of 18--and you will want to add a couple of stitches on either side also for a garter stitch border to keep the fabric from curling:

Row 1 (RS): Knit
Row 2 (WS): Purl
Row 3 (RS): (K2tog) 3 times, (K1, YO) 6 times, (K2tog) 3 times
Row 4 (WS): Knit (by knitting on this wrong side, this will produce a garter stitch ridge so the fabric looks like this (http://knittersreview.com/images/lace_ffan.jpg); or you may instead choose to purl on this row to get a completely smooth fabric so it looks like this (http://knittersreview.com/images/lace_ffan_norib.jpg), but you may need to do some blocking or the fabric could possibly curl)

Arielluria
06-06-2007, 05:33 PM
That's cool! I'm going to make it! Is the pattern written down somewhere else so I can bookmark it or is this it?

dustinac
06-07-2007, 09:42 PM
Here is my progress on the civil war shawl.. Rnds 1-29 which was the first week's assignment...

carmabelle1191
06-09-2007, 07:48 AM
carmabelle1191 (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/member.php?u=16224)
I think the picture is deceiving. I have a ways to go still.....that is only the bottom 9 inches maybe. I am a slow knitter...but thanks for the compliment anyways.Its the easiest shawl I have done and the pattern is free. Just check out the oddball shawl under charities section and you can get the pattern.:happydance:
Whoops! Still looks great anyway. :thumbsup:

catownedanna
06-11-2007, 05:16 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jag har bytt projekt" = "I have changed projects"
_____

I started out knitting this Diamond Fantasy Shawl (http://siviaharding.com/Diamonds2.html)in LL Helen's Lace. At first I thought the colour (Jeans) and the pattern worked well together, but after adding squares/diamonds I realized the colour was too busy for the pattern. Or the other way around... :teehee:

I frogged... And started something completely different. I'm now working on Hidcote Garden Shawl (http://mimknits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=192) in Malabrigo Lace (#36 Pearl (http://www.malabrigoyarn.com/yarn/worsted.html)). I think this is a hit!!! The shades of pink and grey and green are so subtle it isn't even near to competing with the pattern, and yet it gives the fabric an interesting look.

I'm enjoying the result of my knitting but with pesty high temperatures and sweaty hands, the wool gives me struggles... I wonder if this is a project I might have to work on during rainy days and nights...

-----

I'm enjoying seeing what the rest of you are working on!

bellium
06-14-2007, 07:35 AM
i am making progress on my tri-aran-angle shawl - knit with caron simply soft in country blue - here are some not-so-great photos of it, which i promise to update when i'm through!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadvavra/545261110/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadvavra/545355031/in/photostream/

Arielluria
06-14-2007, 10:23 AM
I want to see but your links are broken, can you try again?
BTW, your pup is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!
:muah:

i am making progress on my tri-aran-angle shawl - knit with caron simply soft in country blue - here are some not-so-great photos of it, which i promise to update when i'm through!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadvavra/545261110/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chadvavra/545355031/in/photostream/

Arielluria
06-14-2007, 10:25 AM
WAIT! I see them now, from the quoted text on my last reply. Weird!

Where did you get the pattern? It's lovely, I am interested! Please post a link to it.

carmabelle1191
06-14-2007, 07:55 PM
I love the border detail!
I haven't really been working on my shawl too much, since I've received the Oddball Blanket, and am supposed to the receive the Oddball Shawl soon. I hope I finish it for my deadline though!

Arielluria
06-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what's this "oddball" stuff?
Just curious

I love the border detail!
I haven't really been working on my shawl too much, since I've received the Oddball Blanket, and am supposed to the receive the Oddball Shawl soon. I hope I finish it for my deadline though!

ElenTikvah
06-15-2007, 07:32 AM
Here's where it began (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=54114)...and it has expanded to several ongoing blanket and shawl projects. There are several threads in the Charity Knitting forums regarding these projects.

Check these blogs out here (http://blanketfinder.blogspot.com/) and here (http://oddballshawls.blogspot.com/)...!

~Tik

ElenTikvah
06-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Where did you get the pattern? It's lovely, I am interested! Please post a link to it.

I'm not sure, and I hope to hear from bellium, but I searched for Tri-aran-angle pattern and found this (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTtriaran.html). So, who knows?

~Tik

Arielluria
06-15-2007, 12:21 PM
I finished my first shawl, (KA thread here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showpost.php?p=878740&postcount=106)). This is my beautiful mom modeling it for me :)

cookworm
06-15-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm always working on one or two shawls at any given time...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls/wraps! :oops: :teehee:

I'm making Knitty's "Convertible" (http://www.knitty.com/issuespring06/PATTconvertible.html) right now. I don't know why, but that stitch pattern is a slow knit for me, although it's coming out pretty. I hope it's one of those things that will be well worth it when it's done because I'm a bit disheartened by how long it's taken me to knit only like 6". :verysad:

Carrie218
06-15-2007, 12:31 PM
After nothing but sweaters and scarves, I have just started my first scarf! I was in Encinitas last weekend when I stopped at the famous Black Sheep yarn store... There, I found a stunning yarn - a multicolor mohair from Filatura di Crosa which I loved. She suggested a pattern for a Babykid Shawl from Lana Grossa which should be perfect for our San Francisco summer nights! It is a long rectangle with fluted edges. I'll post pics when done - in a week or so!

Arielluria
06-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Share the pattern link, please :)

After nothing but sweaters and scarves, I have just started my first scarf! I was in Encinitas last weekend when I stopped at the famous Black Sheep yarn store... There, I found a stunning yarn - a multicolor mohair from Filatura di Crosa which I loved. She suggested a pattern for a Babykid Shawl from Lana Grossa which should be perfect for our San Francisco summer nights! It is a long rectangle with fluted edges. I'll post pics when done - in a week or so!

MRSJC2
06-16-2007, 10:53 AM
I finally made a decision and ordered the ShineWorsted in Terra Cotta from Knit Picks. It is really pretty. I swatched some of the pattern last night just to practice the stitches and hope that I've got them figured out, so far so good. Something I noticed with this yarn is that there is a lot of fluff with it, how much of a problem is that likely to be with the finished shawl, is it likely to transfer little bits of orange fluff to the garment beneath it?

Dustinac - I checked out the Elann website and really like the look and price of the Sonata. There are a 1/2 dozen other shawls in the book that I would like to knit and I hope the Sonata will work out for at least one of them.

I'm using the Butterfly shawl as a "carrot in front of the donkey", I must finish the Irish Hiking scarf before I start the shawl (12 inches to go) so with any luck I'll be starting the shawl tomorrow and will try and post some progress pictures within the next few week.

carmabelle1191
06-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow, Arrielluria the lace really opened up when you blocked it. Your mother must love it!

Arielluria
06-18-2007, 01:41 PM
She may love it, but it's MINE!

I'm making her something practical like a cardigan for Christmas.

carmabelle1191
06-18-2007, 07:12 PM
That's the spirit! :teehee:
Any more WIP pics? Sorry I don't have any...:shifty:

bellium
06-20-2007, 12:35 AM
tee hee, i forgot about this thread, and didn't check it for the past few days, i am sorry!

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTtriaran.html

that is the link for the pattern i have been working on - i am sure you have already found it by now...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1224/573262979_4fe459269c.jpg
i am so close to being done, i can taste it! i am a little peeved at this shawl right now - although all the lot numbers were the same on the caron simply soft i used to knit it, i can see an obvious color difference where i joined a new skein - the flash on my camera washed it out, so you probably can't see it as well in the photo - at any rate, this is the biggest project i have finished (almost), and i am proud, in general, of my work!

dustinac
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Bellium~ That is so pretty I love that color :thumbsup:

Arielluria~ So pretty!! You did a great job!! :happydance:

MRSJC2~ so glad you liked it.. the colors are really pretty that I've ordered too :blooby:

Well while in WV I decided why not knit 2 civil war shawls at the same time...:shrug: this way I can give one to my grandmother for Christmas... mom had ordered enough yarn to make 3 shawls :teehee: she couldn't decide on a color and had already told me to take one of the sets home... here is the new one Rnd 64.. the blue one is now being caught up to Rnd 64...

Arielluria
06-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks! You're doing a great job! It's nice to see the finish line, isn't it?!?

The Caron is beautiful for a shawl! I'm definitely going to do something with that! I think it's a beautiful shawl, I'm not sure I could have it with the tassels though, they would be eaten in no time by Peanut (avatar)!:shock:

tee hee, i forgot about this thread, and didn't check it for the past few days, i am sorry!

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter03/PATTtriaran.html

that is the link for the pattern i have been working on - i am sure you have already found it by now...

carmabelle1191
06-20-2007, 08:17 PM
Bellium, your shawl is gorgeous!

ElenTikvah
06-20-2007, 11:31 PM
May I join here, as I just started working on a comfort shawl for my mama? It is a simple pattern, with some personalized stitch changes...double knit, so hopefully it will grow quickly! :lol:

~Tik

Phaedra
06-21-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm always working on one or two shawls at any given time...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls/wraps! :oops: :teehee:

I'm making Knitty's "Convertible" (http://www.knitty.com/issuespring06/PATTconvertible.html) right now. I don't know why, but that stitch pattern is a slow knit for me, although it's coming out pretty. I hope it's one of those things that will be well worth it when it's done because I'm a bit disheartened by how long it's taken me to knit only like 6". :verysad:

I agree with you about the pattern being a slow knit. I'm almost finshed my first skein. I "converted" the pattern into a chart, and screwed up the edging. I thought I was supposed to work the buttonholes at the beginning and end of every row 1 repeat.:doh:
By the time I had figured it out, I was so far along. I've convinced myself that having all those extra buttonholes will just add more versatility in wearing it.:lol:
What yarn are you using, and what color? I'm using BMFA Bambu in Obsidian: it's kinda grey/brown with soft greens.

carmabelle1191
06-21-2007, 08:54 PM
May I join here, as I just started working on a comfort shawl for my mama? It is a simple pattern, with some personalized stitch changes...double knit, so hopefully it will grow quickly! :lol:

~Tik
Sure! This is an ongoing KAL. What pattern are you using.
Oh, and I have some progress! :cheering:I will try to remember to take a pic tomorrow in the natural light (raining & dark now).

ElenTikvah
06-22-2007, 07:23 AM
Like I mentioned, it is a fairly simple pattern (http://www.estelledesigns.ca/images/FreePaterns/EstelleWatercoloursShawlorScarf.htm), as I'm in a hurry to get it completed. I have added a stitch (http://www.knitting-crochet.com/revknibab.html) border that I like, to change the texture a smidge. I'm knitting it with two strands of Caron Simply Soft, soft green and soft blue, on size 13 circs. I want to try to finish it by this next weekend...just hope work doesn't get in the way! :P I'll get some progress pics as soon as I get batteries for my camera!

My other current project (http://elentikvah.blogspot.com/2007/06/progressfinally.html) is waiting...

(it's the Sun Ray Shawl (http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=188024), Areilluria and I were in the KAL together for them!)

Thanks for the encouragement!

~Tik

carmabelle1191
06-22-2007, 09:10 AM
That looks pretty! Hopefully you'll get it done in time. My deadline is next Wednesday, but I'm not having much luck by dropping 5 stitches and having to tink four rows. :wall:I'm too afraid to just take it off the needles and rip in case I lose more stitches in the process.

ElenTikvah
06-22-2007, 02:28 PM
That looks pretty! Hopefully you'll get it done in time. My deadline is next Wednesday, but I'm not having much luck by dropping 5 stitches and having to tink four rows. :wall:I'm too afraid to just take it off the needles and rip in case I lose more stitches in the process.

Could you maybe put in a lifeline below the row you want to frog too, maybe? If not, take your time, and tink back...as I learned week or so ago on my SunRay (http://knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showpost.php?p=881007&postcount=108) ... haste, indeed, makes waste! :P

(yes I know you are supposed to put them in before leaving the row, but some stitching would let you add it later...some won't, I'm sure)

~Tik

Phaedra
06-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I finally finished 1 of 5 lace "projects". It's the Little Arrowhead
Shawl, from Interweave Knits. Its a free pdf file listed under the title "Sweet Somethings". http://www.interweave.com/knit/projects/wraps.asp
I used 2 shades of Koigu PPM: 1 skein of the first color, and 1 whole skein plus less than 1/3rd (skein) of the second color. I increased the repeats from 6 to 8, with the after blocking measurement being apprx. 56" wide and 29" from center to point.

dustinac
06-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Phaedra, that is beautul!! I love that color too... another pattern to add to my list :teehee:

ElenTikvah
06-23-2007, 07:26 PM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1609/8560841/16044294/261540015.jpg

Here a shot of the stitch border of the shawl that I'm making...it is coming along quite nicely.

Phaedra, that shawl is really pretty! Congratulations!

~Tik

ChelleC
06-24-2007, 01:07 PM
Your shawl is lovely! Chelle

Phaedra
06-24-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm determined to finish this: Convertible from Knitty.com. I'm using Blue Moon Fiber Arts "Bambu" in the colorway "Obsidian."
Been "working" on it since last November,:rollseyes: when I bought the yarn at Stitches East here in Baltimore. And since I plan on going to the Yarn Market again this year, I want to finish this. Had the nerve to tell myself I couldn't buy anymore Blue Moon until I did. Sure, right!
I just bought this from Ebay:
40944 BFMA's Silk Thread lace-weight, 1250 yards.

carmabelle1191
06-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Phaedra, I have to agree, I love you shawl! I don't see the pattern though. Do you have a link?
Tik you are right, I really should put in lifelines, but for some reason I just don't! I guess it's all the effort it takes. :teehee: I'm thinking I should start though; tinking takes forever!

Phaedra
06-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Phaedra, I have to agree, I love you shawl! I don't see the pattern though. Do you have a link?

Sorry! I forgot to attach a link.
http://knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTconvertible.html

catownedanna
06-25-2007, 04:44 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jag kan visa två bilder" = "I can show two pictures"
_____

I've been working regularly on my Hidcote Garden Shawl (http://mimknits.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=192)in Malabrigo Lace (Pearl). I'm six rows short of starting Chart 6 where the "diamond pattern" begins. Can't say that I'm tired of the first lace pattern yet but I do look forward to something different.

carmabelle1191
06-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Catowedanna, your shawl looks beautiful so far! I'm wishing for a little change in my shawl as well, and I'm only 20 or so inches in! :teehee: 45 inches to go and counting...

Phaedra
06-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Still plugging away on the Convertible; I added the second skein.

Oh by the way, :psst: Blue Moon has new yarn and colors on their website.

dustinac
06-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Phaedra~ That is so pretty!! I have never tried their yarns before...

Catowedanna~ Very pretty!! I haven't tried their lace either... is it nice to work with like their other yarns?

I'm still working away on the civil war and tomorrow I start the mystery stole... here is updated pictures of my two...ignore my dd's toe :teehee:... I can't figure out a good way to get a photo of them.. where it is done on circs... I guess I could put it on scrap yarn and open it up some for a better picture... :oo:

bellium
07-01-2007, 09:55 PM
i'm done!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1276/688938069_c21911a361.jpg
i ended up giving it to my mom today instead of waiting until christmas - i never was good at holding on to gifts for others! here is my mom, showing off the shawl.
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1413/688936441_75a4445f73.jpg
and my husband, modeling, albeit unwillingly.

catownedanna
07-02-2007, 10:15 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jag tycker om min sjal" = "I like my shawl"
_____

I haven't tried their lace either... is it nice to work with like their other yarns?

Malabrigo Lace is wonderful to work with. I love the texture, the colour and the softness. Just like the worsted. :drool: :heart:

Bellium - that's a beautiful shawl. I hope your mother will enjoy it much and use it!!!

carmabelle1191
07-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Bellium, your shawl is gorgeous! I love the color. Great job!
I have gotten sick of my shawl, I'm sad to admit. I have a deadline of the 15th though, so I have to get working! I promised my mother it would be done, but I'm only halfway done. Any encouragemant? :wall:

Ayla
07-07-2007, 02:13 PM
you can find the shawl/wrap I am doing at www.elann.com. You(if I remember right have to sign up it is free) and then you go to free patterns and look for it.

jeanius80
07-07-2007, 02:41 PM
i too have joined and started the MS3 stole. i am still working on my simple garter shawl. i'll take a pic today and post my progress on both (which isnt much)

bellium- very impressive!

here is my MS3 progress (just finished chart A)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/751053546_eb85f5e218.jpg

and my very simple shawl (same pattern that is being used on the oddball shawls in the charity forum)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1006/751053584_be7c9adb10.jpg

Phaedra
07-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Hi everyone. I'm still working on my Convertible. And have joined and just started MS3 (just got the beads). I already had the yarn: KnitPicks Shadow. I just keep adding projects. :lol:

Arielluria
07-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Ooooooooh Beads?!? What's a link to a pic of the finished project? Looks like a beaut!

Phaedra
07-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Ooooooooh Beads?!? What's a link to a pic of the finished project? Looks like a beaut!
The MS3 (Mystery Stole 3) sign up has closed, but here is a link to the creator's blog.
http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/2007/06/mystery-stole-3-let-madness-begin.html
If you search your browser for Mystery Stole 3, many bloggers have pictures of their progress. There are 6676 members this year - internationally!
Since no one has an idea what the finished stole will look like, many theories are being guessed -- I haven't a clue. Each week, part of the pattern is given.

PaperGirl
07-14-2007, 12:39 AM
I just ordered 4 hanks of Shadow from Knitpicks....I feel the URGE to knit myself a shawl now.

Phaedra
07-14-2007, 01:00 AM
Ooh, what shade did you choose?

PaperGirl
07-14-2007, 01:39 AM
I got the Campfire Heather. I thought it was pretty.

Arielluria
07-14-2007, 09:56 AM
The MS3 (Mystery Stole 3) sign up has closed, but here is a link to the creator's blog.
http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/2007/06/mystery-stole-3-let-madness-begin.html
If you search your browser for Mystery Stole 3, many bloggers have pictures of their progress. There are 6676 members this year - internationally!
Since no one has an idea what the finished stole will look like, many theories are being guessed -- I haven't a clue. Each week, part of the pattern is given.That's cool. Too bad I have too many OTNs right now. Maybe MS4!

biscuitbrain
07-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Tonight I plan on casting on for my first lace shawl. I'll be knitting the Flower Basket Shawl pattern by Evelyn A. Clark from Fiber Trends (http://www.fibertrends.com/viewer/V4_shawls.html). I'll be knitting in hand-dyed Interlacements (https://interlacementsyarns.com/index.asp) Spiderweb in what I'm calling peacock colors.

Wish me luck! ;)

mrsmiz
07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
I LOVE that stitch! t kind of reminds me of backyard leavs...can you tell me what it is?

h :)

mrsmiz
07-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Ok, i was referring to Sarah's Post #7...sorry.

I am knitting the cozy wrap from knitty.com. I am using butterfly greek cotton in a beautiful bright red-very scarlet :)

I was wondering if you all had any suggestions on what shawl I might knit with 875 yds of a fingering/lace weight alpaca/silk blend...I haven't knit any lacy shawl with something so fine, but it was a birthday present...I am really excited about it. i was jus twondering if you had any suggestions?

h :)

Arielluria
07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Sounds like it might be enough for the Sun Ray Shawl (KH post (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/showthread.php?t=53185) & my blog (http://luknits.blogspot.com/2007/06/sun-ray-shawl.html)). It was super easy and it reminds me of leaves as well.

mrsmiz
07-16-2007, 05:15 PM
that is beautiful, LU ! I like that pattern, too. I like the luna moth pattern on elann.com also. You make blocking look approachable !; that is one thing that is a bit intimidating, something i have tried to figure out how i am giogn to do without buying more than the little pins. Thankfully, I have a HUGE bed i cna use!

Arielluria
07-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Good luck, it was super easy! I found that felt-lined plastic picnic tablecloth was great, the felt side up (you can see that on my blog - the blocking picture) and the plastic side down kept the bed dry.....and no chance of any color bleeding through.

nannie343
07-29-2007, 04:11 PM
I just started Alix's Prayer Shawl too, I'm still new to knitting, so it's been quite a challenge for me. What size needle are you using with the Lucy Yarn? I am using Touche' yarn with a size 11 needle, not sure if I like the large holes in the lace pattern.

2x4
08-03-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm working on two shawls. One is the Fiber Trends leaf lace shawl and the second is elann's aran weight victorian lace shawl. I'm still waiting for the yarn to arrive for the second shawl. Has anyone made the victorian lace shawl? I've not made a shawl in worsted weight and wondered if it turns out to be a heavy garment. I hope to post a picture when it's finished.:happydance:

Phaedra
10-14-2007, 10:46 AM
I finally finished my Convertible! I had bought the Bambu at LAST year's Stitches East, and bound the last stitch the day after THIS year's visit. :rofl:
The pattern had suggested to steam block, but I soaked it in some grapefruit scented Eucalan and blocked the heck of it.
Measurments are 71 in. long and 20 1/4 in. wide. Now I plan to finish the Mystery Stole 3.
44422 pre-blocked; but you can see the colors.

44423 after blocking; a breeze came just as I snapped the picture.

aprildavis99
10-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Phaedra, That Is So Beautiful!!!:yay:

I think I want to do that when I grow up. :teehee:

But I am going to join in this by starting the Garden Path shawl. But I also have grandiose plans to also try the Civil War shawl
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=198024 and
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=206024 :mrgreen:

lostchyld
10-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Phaedra, That Is So Beautiful!!!:yay:

I think I want to do that when I grow up. :teehee:

But I am going to join in this by starting the Garden Path shawl. But I also have grandiose plans to also try the Civil War shawl
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=198024 and
http://www.elann.com/ShowFreePattern.asp?Id=206024 :mrgreen:

I'm nearly done with the garden path shawl. It's an extremely fun pattern to work, no two rows are exactly the same, so it stays interesting.

I used Caron Simply Soft because I had easy access to it and was purchasing a skein at a time. I varied colors because of the skein at a time idea. Right now it's black, grey and blue, I'm thinking I might work the border chart in white, but I suppose I'll need to compare colors. I think if I make another, I'll probably get enough yarn of the same dye lot make the whole thing, changing colors creates a very definite front and back, which would be nice to avoid.

Good luck.

-Caet

nannie343
10-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, I finally finished my Sun Ray Shawl about two weeks ago, here is a picture while blocking. It was fun to make once I got started and with help from Lu.
Nannie343

Arielluria
10-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Nannie that is a gorgeous color :muah:......I wish I had made mine teal now! I was afraid to, though it's fast becoming one of my favorite colors.

nannie343
10-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks Lu, it's my favorite color too. I made this shawl for my best friend for her Birthday in December. It's the first time I actually finished something in time for the occasion.
Nannie343

emmaknits
11-01-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi, I'm attempting to start a shawl, just something simple.The directions say to knit 3 purl 3.It's my first time using circular needles too.Any helpful hints?I'm having problems figuring out this purling thing, but I have gottone a few tips on that, and hopefully I will be able to figure it out tonight so that I can finally start!

Arielluria
11-01-2007, 06:22 PM
:cheering:First time with circs can be intimidating, but just ignore that they are circulars and pretend they are regular needles. The stitches are made the same way.

lostchyld
11-04-2007, 11:22 PM
I finished. I did the Garden Paths pattern from Elann.com. The yarn of choice was Caron Simply Soft due to budget constraints. I used just over three skeins on size 10 needles. Because I needed to purchase yarn as I went, I changed colours every time I needed a new skein. The effect is actually nice, although there was an icky bit joining the dark blue to the grey.

My major goal was to finish the project, which I did, although I didn't make a huge issue over fixing mistakes. Therefore, there are places that are obviously wrong. I'm proud of it anyways, although I think I may make another in a solid colour wool. The pattern was great fun and I'd highly recommend it.

PS: Forgive the red sheets. The bed looks better than the floor and the table is covered in a roomie's junk.

emmaknits
11-05-2007, 12:19 AM
That is so pretty!I can't wait until I am brave enough to make something with a pattern and multiple colors!

emmaknits
01-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I just finished my first shawl!!I don't have any pictures up yet, but hopefully I can get some up.I made it with a Lion brand homespun in purple.It's just plain knitting, but it's pretty.