PDA

View Full Version : Getting back in the game

Momma_Jo
05-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey there,
I've been out of the loop (haha :rollseyes: ) for a few months....got busy with preparation for the MCAT, and I haven't touched my last project, which was pretty demanding, for at least 3, if not 4 months. All the studying left me wishing for something creative (oh and yes, I got good scores, thank you :happydancing:), and now that I have a month of calm before the storm, I'm thinking about picking up my old project again...But it's so hard to get motivated! I just got an e-mail from the forum today reminding me of my long-term absence, so I figured logging back on here would help me get started again. Motivate me!:thumbsup:

Braden
05-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Welcome back! I would check out the What'cha Knitting forum for lots of inspiration.

snowbear
05-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Congrats & welcome back.. Why not start a new project! Just to celebrate your great scores. Find something you've always wanted to do and go for it! now would be the best time to relax and enjoy your down time... :hug:

Momma_Jo
05-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Ok, I was looking for something quick, but not too easy, so I could get my skillz back, but didn't find anything....so I cautiously picked up my old project, and guess what, I found the place where I stopped in less than a minute, and have knitted two rows so far w/o any difficulty! (the whole thing is 30 inches long, so 2 rows take a while):cheering:

EDIT: btw, this is the WIP. It's a hooded shawl. Unfortunately, I can't post the pattern/FO photo because it's from a book (Nicky Epstein's Knitting Beyond the Edge). I had put so much work into it already, it just didn't feel right to drop it.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a141/Jochi1543/RedShawl.jpg

snowbear
05-28-2007, 01:11 AM
WOW, That is awesome.. I love the colors. That makes me want to make one, lol

Congrats..

But why can't you post the f/0? You are acknowledging it is from the book...

Momma_Jo
05-28-2007, 01:13 AM
WOW, That is awesome.. I love the colors. That makes me want to make one, lol

Congrats..

But why can't you post the f/0? You are acknowledging it is from the book...
Oh, I don't have a scanner.

Momma_Jo
05-28-2007, 01:28 AM
OMG, I just found this....do you guys think it's knit or crochet? Because if it's knitted, I MUST make it. *dies*:drool:

http://www.needleartsbookshop.com/images/Victorian_Lace_Today_2.jpg

jhelanee
05-28-2007, 01:38 AM
OMG, I just found this....do you guys think it's knit or crochet? Because if it's knitted, I MUST make it. *dies*:drool:

http://www.needleartsbookshop.com/images/Victorian_Lace_Today_2.jpg

It's knitted. All of the patterns in the Victorian Lace Today book are knitted. (and photographed gorgeously, I might add) That book is at the top of my wish list. I loved that caplet too and may have to make it also (but not yet - too much other stuff going on).

Jan in CA
05-28-2007, 02:15 AM
MCAT! Wow..you are going to be super busy when you get into school! But congratulations on your good scores!! :cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering::cheering: