PDA

View Full Version : Circual needles on ebay. Opinoins please

Nobones
05-28-2007, 09:29 AM
I need to get some circular needles for some of the projects I've got on my 'to knit' list. I can't get 16" needles in the shops here. I've found these on Ebay, are they a good find or should I stay well clear?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/bamboo-circular-knitting-needle-40cm-16-12sizes_W0QQitemZ190116228727QQihZ009QQcategoryZ11 799QQrdZ

Any help would be great, Cheers

Nobones

ironmaiden
05-28-2007, 10:09 AM
They don't look very flexible, so it depends on what you would want to use them for I guess.

I bought a huge set of straight bamboo needles on eBay and they're alright, but I wouldn't pay more than I did for them (13 pairs, about $20 plus shipping).

For less than $20 though, not a huge loss if they suck.

mornnen
05-28-2007, 10:39 AM
All I can say is that the cable looks really short relative to the needle length. Of course, I have a pair of addi turbos in a 16, and I know they keep their needle lengths short.

I did just read on the knitpicks.com page that their needles (which include multiple sizes of 16 inch circulars) are now available outside of the US.

The other thing you could do is contact the seller and ask if they are a name brand?:shrug:

Those are my 2 cents.

Nobones
05-28-2007, 11:26 AM
They are not a named brand, they are sort of home made. There are a few things in the stitch and bitch book that need 16" needles, I'd like to make the loopy stitch cowl scarf/hood. The problem with Knitpicks is that it doesn't take paypal. That's the only way I can pay for things overseas at the moment.

On looking again, they don't look like they'd last long do they?

:pout: oh well, back to the drawing board.