PDA

View Full Version : Homepsun!!!!

kellycarr05
05-29-2007, 02:20 PM
I know not everyone is a big fan of homespun.....but I love it for scarves , wraps, etc. I got some at Michaels for $2 a skein:cheering:I had to by the rest..Soooooo excited....sooooo many scarves.....:happydancing:The yarn is Fuchsia!!!!The cat is also very excited!!

Jan in CA
05-29-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't like it because it's harder to knit with and it hides the stitches which was my whole point in switching from crochet, BUT if you're happy with it that's all that matters! Pretty color!

Braden
05-29-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't really like it, but if you do, than that's what matters!

jeanius80
05-29-2007, 03:19 PM
$2 ?? wow:zombie: great deal! very pretty color too. cute cat!

vaknitter
05-29-2007, 03:21 PM
I need homespun for prayer shawls - is it still on sale, was it a special sale? I was there this weekend and nothing was on sale at my Michaels. I need discontinued colors too so closeout type sale would be wonderful.

kellycarr05
05-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Im not sure it may just be a dicontinued color. It was the only one on sale.:??

KnitClickChick
05-29-2007, 07:37 PM
I love Homespun! I made a giant scarf with it, and it is so warm and cozy. $2 is a great deal!! (Love your kitty!)

knottyknitter
05-29-2007, 10:36 PM
I started making a sweater with homespun last yeat, it is still unfinished because I hate working with the yarn...it bunches up and drives me nuts. Someday I will finish the last sleeve and do the seaming.

nadja la claire
05-29-2007, 11:23 PM
I got some Mexicana last year or the year before for $2 a skein and I bought 6 skeins of it. Homespun is so pretty I really want to like it but it's so darn hard to knit with. I ended up giving it away or at least most of it, I found a skein of the Mexicana when I was organizing my stash and on Saturday a friend of mine gave me a skein and 1/2 of it in another color. Uh I don't know what I'm going to do with it. But hey, if you like it, you like it. That's why we have chocolate and strawberry icecream.

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

Shandeh
06-03-2007, 06:48 PM
....and Mint Chocolate Chip, and Pralines and Cream, and Double Fudge Chocolate Chunk Brownie. :teehee:

nadja la claire
06-03-2007, 06:51 PM
....and Mint Chocolate Chip, and Pralines and Cream, and Double Fudge Chocolate Chunk Brownie. :teehee:

Mmmmm....So true :teehee: :teehee:

:muah: :hug:

Nadja :knitting:

robynbird
06-03-2007, 06:54 PM
I like it fine...when I started knitting I made scarves for everyone with it and I made a shawl for my mom...it was so pretty and warm. I didn't find it hard to knit with. I'm pretty easy going when it comes to yarn. :) You got a great deal!!

auburnchick
06-03-2007, 07:47 PM
You know, I recently knit a baby hat and baby socks with it, and I really liked it. It's so doggone soft! I didn't find it hard to knit with at all. The color you bought is so pretty!!!!!! Enjoy!

jdee
06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh, I like Homespun. What I great deal, and such a pretty color. :cheering:

Jeremy
06-03-2007, 09:11 PM
I always liked the colors; I just found it tough to knit with. I'm glad you found something you like at such a good price.:thumbsup:

aylaanne
06-03-2007, 09:45 PM
I made a baby blanket out of it that is so soft and squishy, to this day it's that baby's favorite blanket (he's 11 months old). I'm making a throw blanket with it now.

ilurffknit<3
06-04-2007, 02:09 AM
I despise it.
But it makes an amazing scarf, I'll give it that.

ArtLady1981
06-05-2007, 04:38 AM
:cheering: Beautiful color, and a great price! :cheering:

:cheering: Homespun makes nice hats, scarves, blankets and shawls. :cheering:

However, IMHO... Homespun yarn is horrid for sweaters. :pout: It eventually stretches out. Those little curls loosen up/relax... and the sweater will grow from a size 8 to a size 28.

Been there, done that.:pout:

Oh, and Homespun makes terrible fringe on the ends of scarves and blankets. It frays and gets all wonky fuzzy wild.

Been there, done that too. :pout:

psychedelic_oatmeal
06-07-2007, 04:53 PM
^^
bahahaha... very true. :roflhard:
i made a big shawl/poncho thing and i can feeeel it stretching on me... very awkward feeling.
but i would definitely use it again for something that won't be hanging vertically. gravity is my enemy...

dustinac
06-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Great Deal!!

I have used it some and had troubles with it splitting.. if I use a size 15 needle it's not as bad.. my mom loves it for prayer shawls.. but yeah it does stretch and fringe :rollseyes:.. been there done that too...:teehee: