View Full Version : Favorite online sources for yarn, needles, etc.?

05-30-2007, 05:18 PM
I have all sorts of favorite places to shop online - Web of Thread for (what else?) thread, Mienke Toy for Beaney/Littlejohn books and some hard-to-find embellishments from the UK, eQuilter for quilting fabric, ArtFabrik for hand-dyed perle cotton and fabric, The Thread Studio when I absolutely have to have that AU/NZ/UK fiber fix, and lots of artists that I buy from directly ... but as a "haven't knit since before the web was invented" newbie, is there a short list of online sites that people love to shop at? You know, great stuff, great service? I had ordered some stuff from Purl because they're in NY, but after I placed my order I discovered that they ship from CA. Since I'm in NH I'd prefer to get my stash enhancement experience sooner rather than later without paying for expedited shipping. Any suggestions?

05-30-2007, 05:21 PM
If you are in NH, then you have great LYSes pretty nearby. Ewe'll Love It and the elegant ewe to name two.

05-30-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm up in Bethlehem - nothing is close ;-) I know Ewe'll Love It is in Nashua -- about 140 mi south; where is the elegant ewe?

05-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Oh! That is unfortunate it is so far away. The elegant ewe is in Concord. That's really far away as well. I personally like ordering from Little Knits, but it takes a long time and is from washington state. Webs (yarn.com) is not too far away from you (in the new england area).

05-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I don't really have an LYS except for an hour drive away, but they have the BEST yarns. I usually order from Knit Picks, though, I prefer their yarns. The shop is "Knit Wits."