PDA

View Full Version : Back again

aylaanne
05-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey folks! I've been gone for MONTHS, due to several reasons.

First, I lost my job and so went on a SEVERE yarn diet that I only broke last night. Not being able to buy any yarn made me very sad to read about people who were able to buy yarn, and so I drifted away partly for that reason.

Second, my husband and I bought a house, and that impeded on the yarn budget and knitting time as well. I had to pack my stash! And it all fit in only one box! I need yarn, seriously. But when we moved we lost internet for a MONTH, and when you're driving around stealing wireless, the websites you visit tend to be limited. ;)

Third, I'm PREGNANT! We found out that we're having our first baby at the end of October. The "official" due date is October 31, All Hallow's Eve, which to anyone who knows us is very appropriate. The yarn I bought last night is for little pumpkin hats (at least one will become a jack-o-lantern) and I also made an intarsia chart of Jack Skellington which I plan to make into a baby blanket. I don't have the yarn for that yet. Suggestions are very welcome.

So, last night I go to see the Yarn Harlot at WEBS and I run into Jeremy, who then brings by Amy and Sheldon! It was so cool to see Jeremy again, and to finally meet Amy and Sheldon. It made me realize how much I missed all of you here at KH. I promised them last night that I'd come and see you all very soon, and even though I don't have time to catch up as much as I'd like right now, I did stop by. My how things have changed! I see we're on VBulliten now which is my FAVORITE forum program, and I'm very eager to re-explore the threads and re-establish myself in the community. I have to run some errands right now (I'll fill y'all in later) but I did want to say hi and let y'all know what I've been up to.

Great to be back and I look forward to re-acquainting myself with y'all again! Here's a picture of Amy, Jeremy and I from last night while I was waiting in line to meet La Harlot (I'll be writing the whole story on my blog):
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f376/aylaanne/knitting/100_1151.jpg
Wow I'm short. :D See you soon!

AnreeAce
05-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Wow, you've been busybusybusy!

Congratulations on the baby, and welcome back! :heart:

Jeremy
05-31-2007, 01:11 PM
It was great to see you and its really terrific to have you back.:hug::hug:

Silver
05-31-2007, 01:15 PM
Welcome back!!! Congrats on the little one on the way and congrats on the house! And that's super cool that you got to see Stephanie, and meet Amy & Sheldon, and Jeremy!

Um.. Did you come back to gloat? LOL Just kidding!! :)

jodstr2
05-31-2007, 01:21 PM
:hug: welcome back, aylaanne. lots of changes in your life! I'm sending positive thoughts your way, and best of luck with everything. :hug:

Ellen Edwards
05-31-2007, 01:26 PM
My goodness--so much has been going on with you!! I am glad you got over your yarn diet--and you got your house, and that you're having a little one!! And I have to say I'm jealous (just a little) that you got to meet the Yarn Harlot, and especially Amy and Sheldon!

So you're very very welcome back!!:hug:

Chel
05-31-2007, 01:38 PM
:poke: I been wondering where you were.

Very cool news on the baby. *perfect* due date. I wonder if they make Salad Fingers baby T'shirts?

Congrats!!!!

Jan in CA
05-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Welcome back and congratulations on the new baby!

yarnfreak
05-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Welcome back! Congrats, too!!!!

Mariblue
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Congratulations and welcome back!

samm
05-31-2007, 04:21 PM
It's so wonderful to see you again, and that you will have a little person to knit for!!! Hope you enjoyed Stephanie. I saw her last week in Toronto and it was amazing! Congratulations on baby and new house and seeing Steph! samm