View Full Version : nothing more than just plain curiosity

Lady Violet
05-31-2007, 11:16 PM
i've been wondering this for a while. when referring to the name of the color pattern of any given skein/ball/hank/etc..., why is it called the "colorway" instead of just the "color"? :think:

06-01-2007, 12:00 AM
I think colorway is used for variegated/selfstriping yarns that have multiple colors that are complementary to each other.


06-01-2007, 12:12 AM
I agree! That's how I use the word colorway. I use "color" for yarn in a single solid color.

Lady Violet
06-01-2007, 12:20 AM
silly me. i never thought about solid yarn being referred to as one thing and "not solid" yarn being referred to as something else. i guess i thought of it all as "just yarn." oh the complications. it's enough to make your head spin! :?? :shifty: :roflhard: