PDA

View Full Version : Circular Needles

phoenixjen
06-01-2007, 01:35 AM
I need size 17 circular needles and I dont' want to pay a lot because I don't know if I'll use them again. I bought the Lion brand and Boyd brand ones. Also, I noticed knitpicks.com has the tips and cables I can buy separately and they look nice. Any suggestions?

Jenny

Jan in CA
06-01-2007, 01:51 AM
At the top of the page is a sticky post with a poll on various interchangeable needles and comments to go with them. That will give you a good start in finding what you want. :hug:

Mommy22alyns
06-01-2007, 10:59 AM
A wise woman once suggested I try buying a set of cables and one set of tips from KnitPicks. :thumbsup:

They work for some people, but Lion & Boye may not make you like circs all that much.

Knitting_Guy
06-01-2007, 01:28 PM
I'd have to vote for the Knitpicks ones myself. I tried the Boye ones and couldn't stand them.

ArtLady1981
06-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I think KnitPicks OPTIONS are a god-send. They are well made, they knit without a fight, the cables don't kink...and you can buy just what you need. The "set" is an overall savings...but for "starters"...just get the parts you need. Besides, the 17's don't come in the "set"...so if you eventually get the set...you won't have doubles.

That's my 2 cents.

Kaydee
06-01-2007, 02:51 PM
I think KnitPicks OPTIONS are a god-send. They are well made, they knit without a fight, the cables don't kink...and you can buy just what you need. The "set" is an overall savings...but for "starters"...just get the parts you need. Besides, the 17's don't come in the "set"...so if you eventually get the set...you won't have doubles.

That's my 2 cents.

I totally agree. KPO's are great!!

Yarn Doc
06-01-2007, 04:43 PM

That's my 2 cents.

^^^ What she said. ^^^