PDA

View Full Version : Just an amazing observation

bailsmom
06-03-2007, 05:15 PM
So I started making the Cables Untangled afghan and am starting on panel F. This was last week Wednesday that I started. I did the first 2" in rev. st st, started row 1, did fine. Started row 2. Screwed up but didn't know until halfway done with row 3. Frog row 2 & 3. Do it again. Screw up again. Frog, knit frog knit. I do this about 4 times until I just throw my hands up in complete frustration. I knew how to do all the sts, but just couldn't make it work.

Put it away, had surgery on Thursday and came home Friday night. Recovering all day saturday, feeling much better today so I pick it up again to start all over.

I'm now on row 12. No screw ups. :cheering::cheering:

My light-bulb moment? When I am not completely focused and don't consciencely realize it, stop what I'm doing and leave it for later. I never realized how much I can screw up, no matter how focused I think I am.

Amazing. Just thought I'd share my moment with all of you.

Nobones
06-03-2007, 05:28 PM
I hope you are recovering well after your surgery. Big hugs to you x

Sanibelle
06-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Glad to hear that your surgery went well and I hope you feel better soon. Aren't you glad that you have your knitting to take your mind off things????

mks22300
06-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Glad your surgery went well and you figured out your pattern!

auburnchick
06-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Yes, I find that when I'm "stuck" or messing up a lot, putting down my work for a day or two makes things "click."

Hope your recovery goes as smoothly as the knitting! :muah: